Author Topic: HIV cured?  (Read 3458 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
HIV cured?
« on: December 14, 2010, 06:20:58 PM »
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
Re: HIV cured?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:37:22 PM »
I saw this today. The verdicts still out on the long-term results, though.

This was also in the first article I read about it earlier.

Recent studies show that healthy individuals who take antiretrovirals, medicine commonly prescribed for treating HIV, can reduce their risk of contracting the disease by up to 73 percent.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2035319_2034529,00.html

I wonder what the religious reich will have to say about it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:00:18 PM by via »

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:42:23 PM »
If you already have HIV, do the long-term results really matter?

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 06:47:35 PM »
i'm pretty damn sure kenny powers' dick contains the cure for AIDS
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you already have HIV, do the long-term results really matter?

If the difference between having it and not having it are a part of the long-term results, then I'd say so.

"'Cured' is a strong word. But this is very encouraging," said Dr. David Scadden, co-director of the Harvard University Stem Cell Institute. "From all indications, there was no residual virus. It's as good an outcome as one could hope."

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 07:05:59 PM »
"god hates faggots and stem cell research" -georgie h dubs.

strangefires

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 07:08:36 PM »
what exactly does the procedure consist of?

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 06:20:06 AM »
It would be so funny if they actually find a cure for HIV, and everyone would start a celebratory unprotected sex revolution/orgy frenzy, only to find out later that getting a bunch of STD's isn't actually that fun and HIV medication costs $10,000.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 07:54:40 AM »
crocodile protein.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 07:58:12 AM »
they wont get this in canada for like 10 more years though unfortunatly. we didnt even get aids here til like 94 or some shit

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 09:30:11 AM »
To be honest, I'm surprised that you guys even have running water and poo in toilets.

You do poo in toilets... right?

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 09:44:14 AM »
This is great news. Now if they can just find a cure for women talking.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 09:46:40 AM »
I heard on the radio that even though he was cured, all this treatment caused side affects and one was his vision. I guess at least he is alive but now he is blind as a result. What cruelty though.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 09:57:48 AM »
also, you can just inject 100.000$ cash
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »
It would be so funny if they actually find a cure for HIV, and everyone would start a celebratory unprotected sex revolution/orgy frenzy, only to find out later that getting a bunch of STD's isn't actually that fun and HIV medication costs $10,000.
yeah thats funny hehehe!

jackherer

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
there have been lots of random cases of people that have either been cured of HIV, or are apparently immune to it. whats weird is that they are almost always of Nordic decent, yet medical researches haven't been able to figure out why that is. so basically this new "development" doesn't really mean shit, considering its just one case, and it seems like the curing HIV part was purely accidental. more than likely the same procedure wouldn't render the same results on someone else.

neat though.

another point is, although im sure most people won't agree with this, is that perhaps the world is better off without a cure for HIV. I mean, realistically, the threat of acquiring HIV (and other stds) is a more effective tool to maintaining social structures in place than strong morals/values. basically, the world would be extra fucked up without stds.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 11:10:50 AM »
Jesus fuck. I hope you get penetrated by an HIV "developed" cock, purely by accident of course.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 605
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »
there have been lots of random cases of people that have either been cured of HIV, or are apparently immune to it. whats weird is that they are almost always of Nordic decent, yet medical researches haven't been able to figure out why that is. so basically this new "development" doesn't really mean shit, considering its just one case, and it seems like the curing HIV part was purely accidental. more than likely the same procedure wouldn't render the same results on someone else.

neat though.

another point is, although im sure most people won't agree with this, is that perhaps the world is better off without a cure for HIV. I mean, realistically, the threat of acquiring HIV (and other stds) is a more effective tool to maintaining social structures in place than strong morals/values. basically, the world would be extra fucked up without stds.

Of course. Look at the wonders infection has done for African well-being.

Seriously, though. You are the motherfucking worst.

jackherer

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 12:00:32 PM »
Expand Quote

neat though.

[close]

No. You just don't understand what I'm saying. Basically I believe that we should be more progressive in the way we address social issues, such as aids. Finding the cure for aids won't solve the aids problem in Africa, it would probably be expensive as fuck, so that's not even the issue since a cure wouldn't really solve anything in Africa.

What we should focus on is addressing the real root causes behind aids, such as funding educational programs aimed at raising awareness of the disease and methods of preventing its spread (such as condoms).

It's like anything else. The U.S. government is trying to fight terrorism by improving shit like airport security and starting wars in the middle east. That's not a solution, it's a counter attack. A solution would be to address the root causes of terrorism, rather than focusing on defending against it which is only a temporary solution.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 12:07:14 PM »
i see where youre going, but no. you could use condoms your whole life and contract HIV through a defect in them, or some one in a million blood transfusion fluke. would you sit back and say "dont worry about a cure, i deserved it"? What about people born with it?

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 12:16:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

neat though.

[close]

[close]

No. You just don't understand what I'm saying. Basically I believe that we should be more progressive in the way we address social issues, such as aids. Finding the cure for aids won't solve the aids problem in Africa, it would probably be expensive as fuck, so that's not even the issue since a cure wouldn't really solve anything in Africa.

What we should focus on is addressing the real root causes behind aids, such as funding educational programs aimed at raising awareness of the disease and methods of preventing its spread (such as condoms).

It's like anything else. The U.S. government is trying to fight terrorism by improving shit like airport security and starting wars in the middle east. That's not a solution, it's a counter attack. A solution would be to address the root causes of terrorism, rather than focusing on defending against it which is only a temporary solution.

It's obvious that sexual education, contraception, and whatnot are necessary, but you didn't say that. You said that STDs are a moralizing device and that's all kinds of insensitive.

jackherer

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
i see where youre going, but no. you could use condoms your whole life and contract HIV through a defect in them, or some one in a million blood transfusion fluke. would you sit back and say "dont worry about a cure, i deserved it"? What about people born with it?

Yeah I can obviously see where a cure would be very beneficial to individuals. But as a whole I feel that in the end it might have an overall negative effect on humanity by removing an obstacle that (whether you like it or not) is a deterrent to further contributing to the decay of our morals, which are after all, the backbone of a functioning society.

You can't deny that a big part of why everyone doesn't just fuck whoever they want whenever they want is due to the threat of STDs. I don't really care if you find that insensitive.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:21:55 PM by jackherer »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 12:20:10 PM »
fuckin hell

your posts are ruining your avatar for me and that's a real shame

Tale Crab

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 12:21:35 PM »
Yeah, and bring back polio while we're at it.

strangefires

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 12:21:45 PM »
you're a fucking idiot, jack herer

jackherer

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 12:24:44 PM »
I don't really care if you disagree with me, but at least explain where my logic is faulty? Other than the fact that its not "sensitive".

For instance, I'm fully down with finding a cure for cancer, and almost every other disease.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 12:29:31 PM »
you're terrible. why do you feel its up to you to decide what's morally correct. stick to your own morals by all means, but trying to say you know whats right for everyone is ridiculous

edit after reading your last post: why do you need more than 1 good reason for your logic to be faulty?

in your opinion, what's immoral about having sex with a lot of people?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:36:41 PM by Zurg »

Tale Crab

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 12:29:55 PM »
It seems like the only way to get an idea to stick in your head is with a fucking staple gun, so why should anyone bother?

jackherer

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 12:32:56 PM »
you're terrible. why do you feel its up to you to decide what's morally correct. stick to your own morals by all means, but trying to say you know whats right for everyone is ridiculous

hahaha how am I deciding for everyone? I'm obviously voicing MY opinion, that's all.

It seems like the only way to get an idea to stick in your head is with a fucking staple gun, so why should anyone bother?

lol where do you get that? from my whole 17 posts? It's not that I'm not open to your opinion, it's that you didn't even address anything I actually said and gave me a counter to it. I might be open to your ideas if you would only enlighten me with them.

as if you guys get upset THIS fast...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:34:36 PM by jackherer »

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2010, 12:37:47 PM »
I don't really care if you disagree with me, but at least explain where my logic is faulty? Other than the fact that its not "sensitive".

For instance, I'm fully down with finding a cure for cancer, and almost every other disease.

Someone gets raped. Their rapist has HIV. Too bad the rape victim wasn't more moral.

Someone's mother has a sexual disease that gets transferred to the child. Kid deserved it.

Furthermore, child never finds out. Child grows up, has sex with someone, neither of whom have had sex before, and it's fairly safe to think they aren't diseased. What a sickening display of immorality.

By the way, your morals are arbitrary and don't apply to everybody. Sexual repression stops HIV. It also fosters serial killers.

By the way, sensitivity is a moral, you fucking goof.