Author Topic: Fuck El Toro - Shiloh Greathouse  (Read 14231 times)

mikefork

Re: Fuck El Toro - Shiloh Greathouse
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2006, 05:20:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes! I'm listed! I read it through like yesterday and didn't see me, I was actually a bit sad...
[close]
i am psyched too
[close]
Considering the tongue in cheek nature of these questions, does any one else think that Shiloh may not have been being entirely serious with his sentiments regarding this topic? He has never really come like such a hater to me, and I was a little surprised when I first read this quote. Now, in it’s original context, it seems to make more sense to me that he wasn’t being entirely serious.
[close]
umm we weren't talking about shilohs list, we were talking about being on mizzarks dont post list
[close]
That is quite an honor, for sure. He should have a NPAOTY award, the Never Post Againer Of The Year award to correspond with SOTY. I’m sure defiantnate would win in a landslide.
yeah sadly i don't think i would win this years

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2006, 07:02:18 PM »
i'd rather watch new world order than anything bueno ever puts out....

Gest

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2006, 09:16:11 PM »
You know when you fall asleep with the TV on and you wake up in the middle of the night to that static shit? That’s not static that is sand watching you!

#

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2006, 09:17:15 PM »
FUCK THAT^. I'd rather watch shiloh do a shov-it then see carlos ruiz do another trick down that tired set.
hahahahaahahhaha

fuckingvegan

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2006, 09:20:58 PM »

Considering the tongue in cheek nature of these questions, does any one else think that Shiloh may not have been being entirely serious with his sentiments regarding this topic? He has never really come across like such a hater to me, and I was a little surprised when I first read this quote. Now, in it’s original context, it seems to make more sense to me that he wasn’t being entirely serious.

illmatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • g'd up from the feet up
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2006, 11:26:57 PM »
haha i like how s-town used "these kids" when he is like 12 himself
ugh, thanks rupert, I have been looking for the adio myspace website for quite some time...

sleeeping

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2006, 11:28:33 PM »
wether you're 12 or 27 kids are still kids so you gotta call them what they are.
how shoud he have worded it?
"these peers of mine...."

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2006, 06:25:19 AM »

Considering the tongue in cheek nature of these questions, does any one else think that Shiloh may not have been being entirely serious with his sentiments regarding this topic? He has never really come across like such a hater to me, and I was a little surprised when I first read this quote. Now, in it’s original context, it seems to make more sense to me that he wasn’t being entirely serious.

I agree. It reads like stand up comedy "over limp biscuit having sex with back street boys" or whatever...

I think it's a great quote though and this has been one of the better topics on here and one of the few that didn't quickly turn into a personal diss fest.

grebar25

• Rep: 0
  • Skate For Life
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2006, 08:03:14 AM »
Skateboarding is about having fun and seeing how far you can take yourself - - - Pushing your limits - - -
Greyson

obeygiant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2006, 08:27:18 AM »
if i see something new down el toro i usally go "oh shit" for like 5 seconds then i wears off ... but i do wanna see that nosegrind

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2006, 11:26:03 AM »
Skateboarding is about having fun and seeing how far you can take yourself - - - Pushing your limits - - -

...and coast

FuckNameLock

• Rep: 3
  • OG Bdotkilla za Thrilla
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2006, 12:08:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

...and coast

...and hangmyself

Lakai or die

• Rep: -1
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2006, 03:23:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

...and coast

hahahaha

I don't get why people here (S-Town Holla! im looking in your direction, in this case, but many others do it too, even I used to) try so hard to be "down". You've got nothing to prove by saying the shit you are saying, people can see through it. You know you got excited when Dave B. kickflipped el toro, and when Carlos Ruiz back lipped it, most all of us did (whether people admit it or not), it's nothing to be ashamed of... I'm not sayin' these cats are sick skaters because of it, but they did do a sick trick.

Mizzark

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2006, 03:37:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

...and coast
[close]

hahahaha

I don't get why people here (S-Town Holla! im looking in your direction, in this case, but many others do it too, even I used to) try so hard to be "down". You've got nothing to prove by saying the shit you are saying, people can see through it. You know you got excited when Dave B. kickflipped el toro, and when Carlos Ruiz back lipped it, most all of us did (whether people admit it or not), it's nothing to be ashamed of... I'm not sayin' these cats are sick skaters because of it, but they did do a sick trick.

you just admitted that you liked the back lip down el toro hahhaha

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »
that shit was fucking gross, his whole part was out of his leauge and you could tell.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Gest

« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2006, 05:27:33 PM »
when i first saw the switch 50-50 i was shocked

but whatever

hesh_trash

« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2006, 05:53:08 PM »
The only thing good about kids is making them, or eating them.
hahaha yes!

jared...

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2006, 06:50:55 PM »
Expand Quote

I think it's a great quote though and this has been one of the better topics on here and one of the few that didn't quickly turn into a personal diss fest.
[close]

fuck you bitch
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

fuckingvegan

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2006, 08:46:16 PM »
Expand Quote
The only thing good about kids is making them, or eating them.
[close]
hahaha yes!

very funny

snuff101

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2006, 12:13:55 AM »
I have a lot of respect for Shilo and every one of his incarnations over the years, but I also have respect for anyone skating El Toro.  El Toro is not just about balls, it's about talent. 

Really, I disagree with everything in that Shilo quote.  Claim-to-fame spots are awesome...  Spots that skateboarders take pilgrimages to in order to one-up the last guy who got a trick there are in a class by themselves because of their history. 

It's cool how any kind of spot can become a claim-to-fame spot as long as enough people skate it and progress on it.  Like if Hsu's ender nollie 180 heel was done down some nameless 13 or 14 or 15 or whatever it is, it wouldn't astound me nearly as much as the fact that he did it down Lincoln.  Lincoln's history allows for putting things in perspective. 

Ragdoll's El Toro hippie jump transfer was sick as fuck!  Ragdoll has skills, brains, and balls.  Also, being pro means absolutely nothing.  Backside noseblunt El Toro and if no one wants to pay you to skate for them, start a company and pay yourself.  There are no minimum requirements for being a pro. 

Despite Shilo being as good as he is, there are probably 1,000 to 10,000 kids in the world just on shop teams who are unarguably "better" than him.  But that doesn't mean anything. 

Skateboarding is about having fun, being creative, and for a few people it is also about making money.  If you want make money doing it either use your business skills or use your skate skills with your business skills.  The business minded skateboarder is often most interested in staying in the game while skating as low-impact as possible.  El Toro takes heart.

Meth and Hookers

• Rep: 12
  • caveman?
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2006, 12:30:21 AM »
i stopped reading after you said ragdoll had brains
nearly every time I see a possum it's in dead form.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2006, 04:45:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

fuck you bitch

what are you on about?

brown eye

• Rep: 0
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2006, 11:42:39 AM »
el toro is fucking gnarly as hell but i see what your saying how kids just huck themselves down it to get known

Mackattack

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2006, 01:27:30 PM »
only a pussy would hate one something down a 20 stair
think about what it would be like to do something down that many stairs
you can practice little combination tricks like shiloh greathouse as long as you need to in order to do it on a ledge but you cant get a feel for something as big as el toro

jared...

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2006, 01:55:42 PM »
you can practice little combination tricks like shiloh greathouse as long as you need to in order to do it on a ledge but you cant get a feel for something as big as el toro

I totally agree with that...tick tack ledge tricks are getting kinda stupid anyways.  again, el toro for pussies?  a claim-to-fame rail?  you've got the fame, shiloh.  apparently you're not a pussy.  jump on that shit.
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

fuckingvegan

« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2006, 02:00:09 PM »
Some of you need to re-read the whole article and brush on your sarcasm.

kaufmaner

« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2006, 02:03:57 PM »
i bet you hate corey duffel and ben gilley

the j

• Rep: -16
  • you know how i do
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2006, 07:05:30 PM »
so when all the kids start gettin stoked on mariano is it gonna be time to jump on duffels nuts. just shut the fuck up!! let people skate!

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2006, 07:11:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

...and coast
[close]

hahahaha

fuck yea i was excited about the kickflip buts thats because i already met dave and knew who he was and liked his skating. Carlos Ruiz is fucking horrible with a horrible style so fuck that.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2006, 07:50:16 PM »

These new kids on here are fucking idiots.  All el toro kids do is throw themselves down it and hope to land on the board.  Then they come home, throw the footy on youtube, and wait for kids to suck their dicks over it.  They're the stair equivalient of N8.