Author Topic: Fuck El Toro - Shiloh Greathouse  (Read 14299 times)

elias

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Fuck El Toro - Shiloh Greathouse
« on: September 19, 2006, 10:09:53 PM »
Much respect to Shiloh

EL TORO

Fuck El Toro! That spots for pussies! What possesses random kids and pros alike to look at a twenty-stair rail and say it looks fun! It’s not fun! It was once cool when Heath and Arto skated the rail but now it’s become the pinnacle of a “ claim to fame” in skateboarding. It’s the first spot mentioned out of every skaters mouth when stating the impossible in skating, “What if I kickflip back nose blunted El Toro then I’d be pro”. I would rather see Josh Casper Benihana over Limp Biscuit fucking the Back Street Boys than watch another fame hungry kid huck his carcass down that rail or stairs. It should be mandatory for anyone who wants to attempt a trick at El Toro to learn frontside slappies first. I did enjoy watching “Ragdoll” jump down it and smack the ground, totally living up to his name, that was smart.   - Shiloh Greathouse

defiantnate

Re: Fuck El Toro - Shiloh Greathouse
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 10:12:39 PM »
Much respect to Shiloh

EL TORO

Fuck El Toro! That spots for pussies! What possesses random kids and pros alike to look at a twenty-stair rail and say it looks fun! It’s not fun! It was once cool when Heath and Arto skated the rail but now it’s become the pinnacle of a “ claim to fame” in skateboarding. It’s the first spot mentioned out of every skaters mouth when stating the impossible in skating, “What if I kickflip back nose blunted El Toro then I’d be pro”. I would rather see Josh Casper Benihana over Limp Biscuit fucking the Back Street Boys than watch another fame hungry kid huck his carcass down that rail or stairs. It should be mandatory for anyone who wants to attempt a trick at El Toro to learn frontside slappies first. I did enjoy watching “Ragdoll” jump down it and smack the ground, totally living up to his name, that was smart. - Shiloh Greathouse
Shiloh said that? Good for him man, someone had to. For pussies though?

mipe

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 10:16:44 PM »
Damn True!!

Drew Peacock

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 12:21:53 AM »
Can't agree more. Pity he got on a shoe company that embodies the whole "jump down stairs like a homeless punk" vibe..

Meth and Hookers

• Rep: 12
  • caveman?
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 12:33:29 AM »
never seen a homeless dude jump down stairs before..theyd be a lot more entertaining if they did though.
nearly every time I see a possum it's in dead form.

kaufmaner

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 07:24:52 AM »
probably did it before, he was close and it looks like he didnt step on a board for ages before he tried it
looks clean for a homeless

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 09:47:37 AM »
I would rather see Josh Casper Benihana over Limp Biscuit fucking the Back Street Boys than watch another fame hungry kid huck his carcass down that rail or stairs.

Damn straight, who wouldn't...

gnar bar

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 10:03:50 AM »
I disagree.

How do you know what it feels like to land a trick, or even just to survive on a huge rail like that. The feeling/adrenaline would be amazing. Different strokes for different folks.
I agree if the guy only jumps down rails and can't even push properly and looks like he has downsydrome while skating.
I think Shiloh is mad becasue his job is in jepordy due kids pushing their limits and being stoked on rails.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 10:06:58 AM »
FUCK THAT^. I'd rather watch shiloh do a shov-it then see carlos ruiz do another trick down that tired set.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 10:10:27 AM »
your screen name and attitued match up quite nicely.

I actually disagree too but it's pointless to do so here as it is slap and most of the readers here aren't into gnar and are more into style and creativity. I am impressed by someone doing any trick that I can't do with good style. Obviously trick selection matters but I am definitely impressed by straight gnar and enjoy watching the unknowns throw themselves down that thing.

gnar bar

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 10:13:07 AM »
FUCK THAT^. I'd rather watch shiloh do a shov-it then see carlos ruiz do another trick down that tired set.

thats just what I was saying. I agree with what shiloh says when its about dudes like carlos ruiz who have no style, can not push and just throw their carcasses down shit. Doing rails can be super fun, i think if you can skate more different shit then you have more fun

Mizzark

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 10:15:21 AM »
Shiloh is right, and the same goes for any other big stair or rail spot

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 10:22:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thats just what I was saying. I agree with what shiloh says when its about dudes like carlos ruiz who have no style, can not push and just throw their carcasses down shit. Doing rails can be super fun, i think if you can skate more different shit then you have more fun

o ok...i still hate hammers from dudes with wackass style.

Mizzark

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 10:34:14 AM »
I disagree.

How do you know what it feels like to land a trick, or even just to survive on a huge rail like that. The feeling/adrenaline would be amazing. Different strokes for different folks.
I agree if the guy only jumps down rails and can't even push properly and looks like he has downsydrome while skating.
I think Shiloh is mad becasue his job is in jepordy due kids pushing their limits and being stoked on rails.

well I think he's saying, the more recent "extreme" side of skateboarding, such as going for a big rush, is completely gay. I think Shiloh is mad because skateboarding has become
a stunt show, but I guess you wouldn't understand.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 10:41:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You are missing the point, and you do know that Shiloh was one of the first to get tech on rails?

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 10:43:07 AM »
of course he doesnt, that would mean he'd have to have at least SOME idea of what he's talking about

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 10:43:45 AM »
of course he doesnt, that would mean he'd have to have at least SOME idea of what he's talking about

haha...back 360 back flip almost a decade ago...fuck these kids.

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 10:46:37 AM »
shut the fuck up man, you are not OG, you are not cool, you are a wack motherfucker

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 10:48:18 AM »
shut the fuck up man, you are not OG, you are not cool, you are a wack motherfucker

you callin me a wack motherfucker? nearly everyone on hear hates on you consistenly all day every day...only people who hate on me are you and mizzark.

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 10:52:15 AM »
i dont hate you because you're too pathetic to hate

roulette

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 10:56:54 AM »
AAAWWWWWW  THE KIDS ARE SO CUTE WHEN THEY PLAY

roulette

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 10:57:17 AM »
does anyone know how long he was locked up for?

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 11:02:50 AM »
does anyone know how long it will be until you stop posting here?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006, 11:06:29 AM »
Expand Quote
I disagree.

[close]

well I think he's saying, the more recent "extreme" side of skateboarding, such as going for a big rush, is completely gay. I think Shiloh is mad because skateboarding has become

it's all stunts. The reason skating progresses so quickly has a lot to do with 10 year old kids watching videos and not realizing that it is stunt skating and thinking it's the norm. When Natas first back boarded a 4 stair rail or whatever it was, that was a huge stunt then. Would be better off if he never jumped on rail because it would just have been a stunt?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 11:22:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I disagree.

[close]

[close]

it's all stunts. The reason skating progresses so quickly has a lot to do with 10 year old kids watching videos and not realizing that it is stunt skating and thinking it's the norm. When Natas first back boarded a 4 stair rail or whatever it was, that was a huge stunt then. Would be better off if he never jumped on rail because it would just have been a stunt?

I think there is a difference between progressing skating like Natas and Gonz did to just hucking yourself for instant fame and money, think about it they didn't even film the first rail attempts, that would never happen today.

jared...

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2006, 11:38:51 AM »
i agree with shiloh, but his opinion was very biased and came off sounding all defensive like someone is attacking small curb/ slightly slanted concrete riding.  For pussies?  i don't think so.  too much bank skating is just as whack as rail skating.  The only part of the bueno promo I really enjoyed was Nate Broussard cuz his style is crazy and he's got a perfect mix of everything.  If you've got skill and you skate el toro, you're not technically throwing yourself down it...considering most with actual talent for skating can control their boards better than others.  if Mike Carrol had the steeziest part to date and randomly threw in a back smith on el toro no one would hate...     
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

Mizzark

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I disagree.

[close]

[close]

theres a huge difference between being the first to skate a rail, and being the millionth to feeble grind a very specific one

fuckingvegan

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2006, 11:44:10 AM »
Can someone post the link to this comment.

Backseat Diver

• Rep: 0
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2006, 12:22:55 PM »
Crusty Vert dudes in the 90's were probably talking this way about hubba hideout. Kids these days don't believe in a GAT DAMN THING, i think samuel l jackson said that.

Mizzark

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 12:38:37 PM »
Crusty Vert dudes in the 90's were probably talking this way about hubba hideout. Kids these days don't believe in a GAT DAMN THING, i think samuel l jackson said that.

fuck vert