Author Topic: dickies appreciation  (Read 29124 times)

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

Re: dickies appreciation
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2011, 06:34:10 PM »
How do the 874s fit??

aksel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2011, 05:58:42 AM »
best pants to skate in ever. last super long

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »
dickies are great. but new dickies suck; with that scotchguard protection they add, they take forever to break in.

the brand-new phase is by far my favorite! i resist washing them for as long as possible. i like when they are super straight and haven't started slumping yet. found a work wear store near me that has ever color and size of every product they make, and i discovered i'd been getting the wrong size combo for years- used to do 32-30 and they always seemed a little too short and baggy, but i found that 31 32 fits just right. haven't tried the slim ones, though.  wearing green ones today!

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2011, 04:32:58 PM »
Quote from: Doogie Howser  link=topic=49342.msg1419931#msg1419931 date=1302053650
How do the 874s fit??

i just copped a pair of black ones last week for work over at modells for $25.  they come up a little high on me but its because i had no choice but to buy a bigger size than i normally wear(i lost 15 lbs in the last 2 months without realizing it).
i haven't skated in them yet other than just pushing from the train to work but the material is far from comfy, they're pretty stiff.  unless they soften up after washing, i can't see me skating in these, they feel like burlap(the woven bags they use to haul potatoes).     

tre killa

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 04:33:48 PM »
Expand Quote
dickies are great. but new dickies suck; with that scotchguard protection they add, they take forever to break in.
[close]

the brand-new phase is by far my favorite! i resist washing them for as long as possible. i like when they are super straight and haven't started slumping yet. found a work wear store near me that has ever color and size of every product they make, and i discovered i'd been getting the wrong size combo for years- used to do 32-30 and they always seemed a little too short and baggy, but i found that 31 32 fits just right. haven't tried the slim ones, though.� wearing green ones today!
wow I thought I was the only one whitley they fit a lot better when they are super stiff.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2011, 08:26:30 AM »
^yes! they have that good crisp shape and edge. by the time they have been washed like three times they turn into regular pants, but in the brand new phase, there is nothing else like them. once i was shooting photos of jason jessee- he said, "hey, wait just like five minutes," walked off, got into his car and drove away. i had no idea what he was doing. sure enough, five minutes later he came back with a brand new pair of dickies and changed into them for the photo. "they just didn't look right," was all he said. awesome.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2011, 09:11:51 AM »
The talk of crisp new Dickies reminds me that I need a new pair.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2011, 11:31:49 PM »
The talk of crisp new Dickies reminds me that I need a new pair. is giving me a boner.
fixed.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2011, 11:42:35 PM »
This new pair of 874's I got is "Washed for softness", no scotchgard or permanent crease. Great pants.

rmoto

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2011, 08:33:26 PM »
the brand-new phase is by far my favorite! i resist washing them for as long as possible. i like when they are super straight and haven't started slumping yet.

Iv been doing the same thing. It just feels right.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2011, 06:08:13 AM »
I wear 'em exclusively. One thing I noticed is if you give up wearing jeans and wear only pants, you can never go back to jeans.

Sorta like having sex with well-hung black men, you can never go back.

no thanks

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
Volcom Nova jean.

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »
the slim fit dickies are the shit...i've been wearing dickies for a while and everyone used to hate on me, now look...smh

aWizard

• Rep: 6
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2011, 04:37:01 AM »
the slim fit dickies are the shit...i've been wearing dickies for a while and everyone used to hate on me, now look...smh

Got a pair today, best fitting pants I've ever had.
I like my trucks between "loose" and "you're a faggot".

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got a pair today, best fitting pants I've ever had.

I could never find a pair of slim fit dickies.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2011, 09:21:43 PM »
Whiteley, you've never heard of starch? A fuckin' G taught me how to do that back in the day. Starch the shit out of 'em.

They stay new FOREVER.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2011, 10:11:09 PM »

you want the 873's, slim straight cut.  available from no end of places - try google for starters

aWizard

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2011, 10:41:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you want the 873's, slim straight cut.  available from no end of places - try google for starters

Ya you want these.
I actually found mine mixed in with the 874s.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2011, 04:24:35 PM »
i bought a new pair recently, and it seems the newer ones (the ones that say 874 on the inside waistband) fit baggier than the older ones. i still wore them, i was just a little bummed

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2011, 07:29:14 PM »
i bought a new pair recently, and it seems the newer ones (the ones that say 874 on the inside waistband) fit baggier than the older ones. i still wore them, i was just a little bummed

I just bought two new pairs of black dickies 874's from Walmart a week ago and one pair fits like how they normally do but the other pair is noticeably baggier. I was wearing the baggier pair to skate the other day and i fell on a trick not even that hard and it made a hole on my knee super easily. I've never had a pair of dickies that have torn this easily, usually they can take a beating before they start to wear out. I'm guessing some badly made pairs some how got past inspection and made it to stores.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:41 AM »
i can't say that, i went from wearing nothing but dickies for like a good 2 years, and then all of a sudden finally found the pair of jeans that fits me the best (levis 514) and now i wear a mix of both.
I tried on a pair of the 514 and they fit weird. The thigh area is tight but down from the knees to the ankles is baggy. I like the 511's, but all the washes come in different sizes. My black one's fit perfect but the wax blue ones are too tight.

I finally bought my first pair of the slim straight Dickies. My only complained is the leg opening is too big, but overall good pants. I'll probably go back and buy some blue and black ones.

Hexagon

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »
a staple 874 and 873s (slim) both good shits. cheap, last forever. depending on your stature may give you dumpy butt, but I find them to be awesome.

so, try'em on before you buy and see whats good. surplus stores are chock full of colors/sizings as are your local marts. not for everyone obviously, but you can get the most bang for your buck taking the time to give them a chance. plus they always make good shorts if you don't like the pants style, cut them shits.

Wh0l3

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2011, 03:24:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just bought two new pairs of black dickies 874's from Walmart a week ago and one pair fits like how they normally do but the other pair is noticeably baggier. I was wearing the baggier pair to skate the other day and i fell on a trick not even that hard and it made a hole on my knee super easily. I've never had a pair of dickies that have torn this easily, usually they can take a beating before they start to wear out. I'm guessing some badly made pairs some how got past inspection and made it to stores.

Goddamnit I hope they didn't lower their quality. This always seems to happen when a brand gets popular. When Levi's got cool they lowered the quality on most of their jeans (the Rigid 501's seem to be the same though) and brought out tons of stupid washes. Vans has been going downhill as well in terms of quality.

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2011, 12:50:37 AM »
Are the slim straight Dickies about the same fit as K-slim Krew pants?

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2011, 01:28:05 AM »
no, the slim dickies have a low rise that is basically like the rise of girls pants, and the leg isnt even very slim.

Wh0l3

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
no, the slim dickies have a low rise that is basically like the rise of girls pants, and the leg isnt even very slim.

Yea I hate them. stupid low rise so everyone can see ur boners and they fall down.

and they're only slightly slimmer than the 874's. you could try getting the 874's and re-sewing them, or get different pants.

aWizard

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2011, 10:30:43 PM »
All are 34
Cuffed once on the dickies and the 501s
K-slims have shrunken a bit (notice the top button), but have always been a lot slimmer and I never wore them much anyway.

I'm pretty built/muscular in the lower body if it helps anyone in their comparison.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2011, 07:31:46 AM »
How about some pictures without pants?

aWizard

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »
Naw, I only do that for my lady friends

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
C'mon.. Please?