Author Topic: Westgate Part 1/15/2011  (Read 11639 times)

LemonParty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -112
Re: Westgate Part 1/15/2011
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2011, 10:24:28 AM »
 Westgates part was true street murdering. Practically all the spots he skates would just look like someones driveway or the side of the road to most people and even most skaters. Westgate just fucking powers through and makes these random spots look like its a skatepark. If you think prod could boost anywhere close to westgate, ur fucked. usually cotg is the only source of reason on slap, but comparing prod to westgate is just regular. I dont even need to go into saying how stupid it is to compare one skater to another and say objectively that one is better. what is this a contest? I can bet all my money on the fact that westgate doesnt go outside everyday to skate because he wants to be the best skater, prod admittedly does. That fact alone makes his part that much more enjoyable, and it shows in his skating. Dudes a champ and deserves soty.

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2011, 10:24:59 AM »
WOW
amazing skating.
he almost lost that fs 180 on 3:15.
colored wheels?
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

Nate

• Rep: 11
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2011, 10:54:35 AM »
that was so fucking raw! in the beginning, the backside flip over the bump to bar he must have cleared that shit by like a good 3 to 4 feet past the bar, same the with the kickflip. why the fuck would you even bring p-rod into this? two completely different dudes. i will say that there is no way that p-rod skates as fast as westgate. mad respect to westgate though this part was amazing.

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2011, 10:54:55 AM »
Westgates part was true street murdering. Practically all the spots he skates would just look like someones driveway or the side of the road to most people and even most skaters. Westgate just fucking powers through and makes these random spots look like its a skatepark. If you think prod could boost anywhere close to westgate, ur fucked. usually cotg is the only source of reason on slap, but comparing prod to westgate is just regular. I dont even need to go into saying how stupid it is to compare one skater to another and say objectively that one is better. what is this a contest? I can bet all my money on the fact that westgate doesnt go outside everyday to skate because he wants to be the best skater, prod admittedly does. That fact alone makes his part that much more enjoyable, and it shows in his skating. Dudes a champ and deserves soty.

p rod said that?
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »
Absolutely amazing. I truly think if he keeps this up he'll get skater of the year. The dude is just a monster on 4 wheels.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2011, 11:23:10 AM »
Simply amazing.
 Skateboarding is made up of different people who skate different stuff, if you don't like the variety quit watching skate videos and go watch football, baseball, basketball etc... they have rules and you seem like the type of person who likes rules.

christian Brown

• Rep: 4
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2011, 11:50:35 AM »
larry david my good friend...haha...kickflip-180 line was so sick..

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2011, 12:15:17 PM »
If you think prod could boost anywhere close to westgate, ur fucked. usually cotg is the only source of reason on slap, but comparing prod to westgate is just regular.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanBTVChannel?blend=2&ob=1#p/u/6/XjIgaZXp11w 0:59
one of slap's favorite skaters that supposedly has monster boost (pete eldridge) nollie tailed a ledge the same height in his hallelujah part. p rod switch flip back tailed it and nollie front nosed it.

1:05

1:42 I'm sure you guys are about to shit on kalis and say he doesn't have boost.

and for the record I almost never just randomly compare skaters, especially is don't skate alike. TMKF brought up p-rod. and the only reason I'm doing this is because you said it's regular to think that. Tech skaters are really good at everything. You have to have all the fundamentals dialed in order to be good at that typ of skateboarding.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:17:25 PM by ChildoftheGhetto »

Nate

• Rep: 11
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2011, 01:20:44 PM »
ah word my bad i didn't see where p-rod was brought up. i do get your point though like in order to do flip in shit on ledges you do have to have some boosties. they're both good at what they do. p-rod is like the mj of skateboarding, and westgate is a newer pro thats showing alot of promise if he can put out alot of solid shit in a short amount of time.

LemonParty

« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »
p rod said that?

he mentioned it in an interview at his park

LemonParty

« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »
and for the record I almost never just randomly compare skaters, especially is don't skate alike. TMKF brought up p-rod. and the only reason I'm doing this is because you said it's regular to think that. Tech skaters are really good at everything. You have to have all the fundamentals dialed in order to be good at that typ of skateboarding.

Id say thats pretty rare. Prod is one of the few greats that are good at most aspects of street skating. Most pros that are "tech skaters" are only good at certain tech things. The only ones that are good at everything are exceptions and why they are worshiped (prod,pj,koston, and a few others), could name probably 3-5x more pros that fall into "tech skater" category that skate a limited amount of obstacles for every pro that can skate them all equally well.

Westgate is pushing skating to the limits and the shit he did in this video is straight up insane and cant (or at least hasnt) been done by any other skater. And i mean skate as fast, float as high, and have such control/style while going as fast as possible. I didnt mean for this to turn into a, who can ollie higher westgate or prod, nor did i mean to say that prod has no pop, but i was pointing out its regular to compare prod switchflip backtailing a ledge pete eldrige nollie tailslide to westgate doing lines flying over peoples driveways at mach 10. Prod is rad in his own right and hes probably one of the most legendary skaters in terms of abilities, but id be hard pressed to picture him skating half the random street spots westgate hit in this part (whether because he cant or doesnt want to doesnt matter, the fact is that he doesnt, which leaves a void that was filled by westgate).

and i'm sure i dont need to repost the picture of westgate ollieing UP that huge gap or replaying the last trick in his part to win the "who ollies highest" debate. I'm only pointing out that its blasphemy to downplay westgate by saying prod is rad too. they are both fucking rad.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:10:10 PM by LemonParty »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »
you can't change up now, man. You just saidi was fucked for saying p rod has as much boost as westgate. That gap isn't even that high, it's the fact that the actual gap was big that people are hyped about.

And tech skaters run everything for the most part. Luis tolentino literally has one of the highest ollie in the world and he struggles to fakie ollie fakie manual the stage at stoner. He was super struggling to 180 fakie manual. That kid james ezpinosa literally does both of those like nothing damn near every try, with flips and 180's out. both of the best tricks done down el toro were done by tech dudes. the best tricks on handrails are always done by tech dudes.
all the shit tech skaters don't do, is because they don't want to.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »

because kickflipping off a skatepark bank, over a bar that can bend/fall off is a lot like doing it over the shit that westgate did.   ::)
stop posting, you suck at it.   

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2011, 02:31:01 PM »
That statement shows you have no understanding of anything.

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2011, 04:01:12 PM »
you can't change up now, man. You just saidi was fucked for saying p rod has as much boost as westgate. That gap isn't even that high, it's the fact that the actual gap was big that people are hyped about.

And tech skaters run everything for the most part. Luis tolentino literally has one of the highest ollie in the world and he struggles to fakie ollie fakie manual the stage at stoner. He was super struggling to 180 fakie manual. That kid james ezpinosa literally does both of those like nothing damn near every try, with flips and 180's out. both of the best tricks done down el toro were done by tech dudes. the best tricks on handrails are always done by tech dudes.

now all we need is a prod tweet or quotation from his next interview/web video claiming the regular speed and pop of westgate as one of a kind. like reynolds said, "[westgate] skates the way youre supposed to skate."

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »
He didn't even say that he just said there are lots of amazing skaters and named him. Just because you're better than someone doesn't mean you don't think shit other people do is good.

newhampster

• Rep: 7
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »
He didn't even say that he just said there are lots of amazing skaters and named him. Just because you're better than someone doesn't mean you don't think shit other people do is good.
Do your friends know how much you post on here? Cause, christ, you are a huge nerd.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2011, 04:38:23 PM »
unfortunately, they do.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2011, 06:37:40 PM »
its called style

like what and who?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2011, 06:41:38 PM »
go watch a video

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »
'Scuse me guys, but I was trying to talk to Gip about fruits.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

nylin

« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2011, 07:12:18 PM »
i was feelin that song. that ender was fucked up

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2011, 08:15:48 PM »
WOW
amazing skating.
he almost lost that fs 180 on 3:15.
colored wheels?

or
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2011, 08:21:48 PM »
lol bubblegum tate with the street corner post

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2011, 08:25:40 PM »
westgate is prog rock as fuck.

penguin meat

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2011, 08:27:08 PM »
no homo but I think prod is better

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »
lol bubblegum tate with the street corner post

Colored wheels was mentioned  :D
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »
its called style
Expand Quote

[close]

like what and who?
there is truth to that statement, the best handrail trick i can think of are all done by felipe gustavo, prod, shane oneill, chris cole, and billy marks. all of them are labeled tech skaters except billy marks, but he pretty much is.

Lake

• Rep: -5
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2011, 12:06:05 AM »

Westgate remind me of Colt Cannon

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2011, 12:07:40 AM »

Westgate remind me of Colt Cannon

Colt Cannon is a ripper, he's also now a element rep