Author Topic: Jean Baptiste Gillet  (Read 1997 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Jean Baptiste Gillet
« on: September 23, 2006, 06:33:14 AM »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

max power

Re: Jean Baptiste Gillet
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 06:37:37 AM »
to borrow from sheffledge, simply stellar

jaakko-poika

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 06:43:04 AM »
just watched that on the hello jojo dvd that i borrowed from a friend yesterday, then came here and read the title, i knew it was going to be the same part

liquid swords

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 12:16:25 PM »
JB is the master, saw him skate at a demo once, best skating i ever saw in real life.

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 12:34:05 PM »
JB is no joke.  "Watch out, you fucking little roach!"  --  JB

When i first moved to SF in 97, i was skating union square when jb came through and did about 15 of the sickest lines i've ever seen first try thoughout the square.  Seriously killing it, with the best fs flips/switch fs flips/switch fs heels.  I didn't know who he was for a few more weeks, but i was like damnnnnn fools are sick in SF...  He turned out to be from france, and was on flow for alien, i think,  right before he got on world. He was also on new deal when brad johnson was on for a minute.  I can't remember the sequence of his sponsors, but he ended up on world, as most know.  He's such a funny guy, too.  FRENCH MAFIA!

The best thing i recall from those days, i used to have a magic 8 ball in my apt., and it scared the shit outta jb.  He was about to go back to france, and asked it if "his fucking plane is going to fucking crash"... It said "All signs point to yes" and he flipped!  "FUCKING ROACH 8 BALL! FUCK! I'm going to FUCKING DIE!"  It was awesome.  I wish that cat still lived in SF, shit was hilarious.  I'm so stoked people are seeing how amazingly good that guy has been forever, and he's only improving with age.

yeah dude!

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 12:45:54 PM »
His Interview in the new Chill is so good.  Switch fs shuv fs 5-0 fs 180 at hotel deville.

whatevs

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 12:53:35 PM »

When i first moved to SF in 97, i was skating union square when jb came through and did about 15 of the sickest lines i've ever seen first try thoughout the square.  Seriously killing it, with the best fs flips/switch fs flips/switch fs heels.  I didn't know who he was for a few more weeks, but i was like damnnnnn fools are sick in SF...  He turned out to be from france, and was on flow for alien, i think,  right before he got on world. He was also on new deal when brad johnson was on for a minute.  I can't remember the sequence of his sponsors, but he ended up on world, as most know.  He's such a funny guy, too.  FRENCH MAFIA!

The best thing i recall from those days, i used to have a magic 8 ball in my apt., and it scared the shit outta jb.  He was about to go back to france, and asked it if "his fucking plane is going to fucking crash"... It said "All signs point to yes" and he flipped!  "FUCKING ROACH 8 BALL! FUCK! I'm going to FUCKING DIE!"  It was awesome.  I wish that cat still lived in SF, shit was hilarious.  I'm so stoked people are seeing how amazingly good that guy has been forever, and he's only improving with age.

"everybody talkin bout the good old days..."

an interesting side note is that when JB first came out, people were actually hating on him... saying he had "fake" or "robotic" style, typical jeoulous comments that people say when someone is really good. shamile started calling people "skater haters" when they'd talk shit on JB.

rapist

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 01:07:02 PM »
he's up there with mariano in terms of skill and style. one of my top 5....

Royal Flush

• Rep: -1
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 01:22:15 PM »
Speaking of French skaters JJ Rousseau has always been quietly killing it with litle apprechiation.

FRENCH CONNECTION!!!

Tobias Funke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
  • Oh, come on. Don't leave your uncle T-bag hanging.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 01:24:23 PM »
The shop I work at hosted a Dwindle demo a few years ago. This was when he was on Deca still. He sat the whole demo in the van and then got out and skated when it was over. Switch Frontside Bigspin Heel over a hip right out of the van. Super nice guy and funny. He was swearing at little kids in french that kept getting in his way.

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 01:31:50 PM »

"everybody talkin bout the good old days..."

i know you were there too, mang...

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 02:03:47 PM »

When i first moved to SF in 97, i was skating union square when jb came through and did about 15 of the sickest lines i've ever seen first try thoughout the square...
Spent summer 97 there too and had a few mates from France stay for a couple of weeks.  They were fanning out big time on "Zhjee Bay Gjill-ay", whom I'd never heard of up to that point.  Watching him skate Pier 7 and effortlessly popping sw bs 180s over the table was a treat - oddly enough one of the French blokes is on Cliche with JB now.  Strange how things work out.

rolling is good

• Rep: 11
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »
That part is really good and his Freedom fries part is amazing, he's definitely the king of hotel de ville.
I couldn't believe he did ss fs shove to fiveo 180, it seems already so fucking hard regs.
And the whole inteview was good, with some tranny skating.
Here's a "1st time" article from sugar mag, if you can read French,
http://www.plusdesucre.com/jb.html

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 02:34:07 PM »
He's one of a handful of skaters who commands respect from all other skaters, like Cardiel, Mike Carroll and Rowley.

Mizzark

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 02:43:06 PM »
"he's never done a bad trick in his life"

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 06:52:31 PM »
that jj rosseau clips tight
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 07:24:47 PM »
i must say im a bigger rosseau fan. that switch backside talslide at macba still blows me away.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

jaakko-poika

• Rep: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 03:21:58 AM »
Speaking of French skaters JJ Rousseau has always been quietly killing it with litle apprechiation.

FRENCH CONNECTION!!!

thanks for that, such a great part.. used to watch that all the time when it came out.  nollie heelflip fs nosegrind pop out? such a great skater, it's a shame he hasn't had a full part after that one (yeah, bon appetit, less than 2 minutes)

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2006, 05:18:58 AM »
i've seen many sw nosegrinds revert, but that was the first one with a proper halfcab out