Author Topic: sony vx1000  (Read 6665 times)

tre killa

sony vx1000
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:43:44 PM »
My friend is getting a vx1000 and he was wondering if it is a bitch to uplode and just the basics with working the camera like uploding with a capture camera to your computer and just basicly working everything like exposure and color correction. Sorry to go all "skate perception" on you guys and this probley isnt the right thread but the last thing i wanna do is actually go on skate perception and get advice from 11 year olds who film themselves skating in there garage.  :-\

penguin meat

Re: sony vx1000
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:03:05 PM »
the first thing you want to know about a vx1000 is how to upload with a capture camera? son.....

nylin

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:10:13 PM »
its not that hard at all especially if youve previously filmed with a 3chip camera. It take a day or 2 to figure out everything but after that it's simple as shit. Not as hard as it seems

Bobbito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:14:50 PM »
All I know about VX1k's is get a Mark I fisheye and have a backup capture cam because the heads on the VX are expensive to fix and are known to be problematic since the camera is so old.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 08:18:40 PM »

How the fuck does he go up the stairs on his big wheel?

Jay E-Quails

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »
get the mk1 fisheye, if you can't afford that you can get the Opteka or Raymond version for a similar image. Using the vx without a capture cam will fuck your heads, especially since all vx1000s are already quite old. I'm sure you could find a pdf of the user manual online/figure out yourself how to work the exposure and white balance. For more specific answers just lurk around on skateperception

Insatiable

• Rep: -17
  • A thirst that can never be quenched
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 11:01:29 PM »
Have the steadyshot on if you are filming long lens and vice versa.  Put that bitch into focus manually.  Have the shutter speed high if you have good, bright lighting and vice versa.  Point that bitch at a clean white shirt in where you are filming and set the white balance.  Make the VX1000 your bitch.  Oh yeah, and start spelling correctly.

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 560
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 11:55:54 PM »
set the custom presets.  color level one notch from the right side (one less before the very right), the same with sharpness, and white balance one or two notches to the right from the middle.

read the manual.  take some time and learn how to use the exposure and shutter speed.  always manual focus and manually set exposure and shutter.  always use a capture camera.  GET A MK1 LENS--if you don't have the money for one, save up, don't bother buying an opteka or a raymod--they just don't look right, and the MK1 is just miles above every other lens.

you'll get the hang of it soon, just film close as fuck and don't be afraid to try cool things with the camera.

ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS EVER: i don't know where you live, but if it's somewhere that gets cold, after you've been out filming in the serious cold, DON'T TURN THE CAMERA ON RIGHT AWAY TO IMPORT FOOTAGE WHEN YOU GET INSIDE.  the sudden change from cold to hot with cause condensation in the camera, and will make it eat your tape.  let it equal out for a few hours.  but this is only when it's really cold outside, like in the 30s.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:57:28 PM by mandibleclaw »
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -349
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 12:35:05 AM »
All I know about VX1k's is get a Mark I fisheye and have a backup capture cam because the heads on the VX are expensive to fix and are known to be problematic since the camera is so old.
This.
If they do fuck the heads up, a lot of repair shops will put TRV-900 heads as a cost-efficient replacement.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 06:41:30 AM »

Good advice in this thread... I wouldn't knock Skate Perception either, though. A lot of those cats really do know their shit.

Kevin Costner

• Rep: 3
  • Whaduhyah thinkin' about?
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 12:01:57 AM »
What the hell is a capture camera?
.He only had one girlfriend and that was because the girl wanted him to knockout this other local who punched the girl in the face for pushing him after he threw a wheel at her. Trollboy did nothing.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 01:21:44 AM »
What the hell is a capture camera?

You'll need that to get the footage off the DV tape. VX heads are super old. If they get damaged/dirty, then you'll be fucked. SO to save the heads off the VX. You'll need another camera uses DV tapes also. Sony, Canon, JVC. etc.......
This is what I use. Mine uses a firewire, 400 to 800.

You'd rather fuck up the heads on your capture cam than your VX. Plain and simple, the capture cam is used to get footage to save the heads off your VX. It's not even safe to watch footage on your VX after you get a clip. Maybe search mode, but not VTR mode. Still, just use the capture cam.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Kevin Costner

• Rep: 3
  • Whaduhyah thinkin' about?
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 02:25:37 PM »
Oh, didn't know that was the term for that.
.He only had one girlfriend and that was because the girl wanted him to knockout this other local who punched the girl in the face for pushing him after he threw a wheel at her. Trollboy did nothing.

tre killa

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 10:41:39 PM »
thanks man this will be alot of help since his camera before didnt take tapes

tre killa

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
thanks for the advice mandible claw i dont think itll be too much of a problem considering i live in northern california were it rarley gets into the 30s ussually 40s in the winter

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 10:51:33 PM »
Just to add, try to keep to one brand of tape and set up a filming board with large, soft wheels (or brace for impact).  Also don't forget to adjust the audio, especially if you're in a parking garage or somewhere that echoes (I've learned this the hard way).

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 11:59:47 PM »
Just to add, try to keep to one brand of tape and set up a filming board with large, soft wheels (or brace for impact).  Also don't forget to adjust the audio, especially if you're in a parking garage or somewhere that echoes (I've learned this the hard way).

always use these:
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me