Author Topic: Kalis Epicly Later'd  (Read 111153 times)

DGKALIS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 533
Re: Kalis Epicly Later'd
« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2011, 07:03:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Yo... to all...

Im glad you guys are enjoying the stories.
Lennie is out for now... he still has a court date, so who knows if he can stay out... or will have to go back in. I haven't seen him.. but have talked to him a few times. He seems to be doing pretty good.. and is in good spirits.

Lennie is a good friend of mine.. we've been through a ton of shit together.. so its rad that i can put his story out there.. and let some of the kids who might not have heard of him, research and check out his earlier stuff.

Im not sure whats next... maybe Philly(Love Days)?? I don't know... i don't get to see the episodes before they air.. so your guess is as good as mine.

Anyway.. thanks for watching!
[close]

please tell me theres gonna be atleast a little chicago

Truthfully.. im not sure. I don't remember if i talked much about it. Plus.. Chicago is my little private get away!! I wouldn't really want to let the cat out of the bag about how ill it is...

CUDDLEMONSTER...

Both times i lived there.. i was in Wicker Park. The first time it was a complete Latin Kings hood(Chicago and Damen). They would constantly check me everytime i crossed Division street. They kept taking my DC jackets. They didn't like the fact that a rival gang Deciple Crips used the same lettering. I would have to buy a bag a weed a week off them just for them to give me a pass.

The later time i lived there i rented a room in the Skate loft on Milwaukee just down the street from the "6 Corners". The loft used to be right above Uprise at their first location. Wicker Park had changed so much. By that time.. it was all yuppies and very minimal gang shit. It was strange.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #391 on: March 03, 2011, 07:26:04 PM »
the best epicly laterd yet, stoked theres going to be more.

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #392 on: March 03, 2011, 07:29:05 PM »

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2011, 07:48:47 PM »
this is my favorite epicly later'd. i never knew the story of lenny kirk until this episode. the first thing i actually ever saw from him was that back fifty photo & then i saw his hubba footy & always wondered what was up with him. super hyped to hear he's doing well now

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2011, 08:07:22 PM »
I echo the claims that this was the greatest Epicly later'd ever. They started on him a few minutes in and I got worried, then saw 10 minutes were left. What is so amazing is every fucking crazy story I have ever heard is true. I've heard so many different stories and wondered about whether the dumpster slam or getting run over by a bus made him go all religious crazy, and it turns out its both. Most people heard about him and the cabbie, but I assumed he had dropped the religious shit by then. The details were off, but it was all true, and more. I'm not sure how I'd feel if Lennie Kirk showed up today at a spot I was skating with a shotgun in his pants.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2011, 09:02:32 PM »
hands down... best E.L ever

is lenny really vato'd out?!?? 

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #396 on: March 03, 2011, 09:20:45 PM »
"and it doesn't matter who did what on what ledge!!"- this might have been the funniest thing ive ever heard, drydek is great, monster tat or not.

this whole series should be packaged and win sundance, best thing im watching right now, tv, internet, movies included.

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #397 on: March 03, 2011, 10:36:40 PM »
"and it doesn't matter who did what on what ledge!!"- this might have been the funniest thing ive ever heard, drydek is great, monster tat or not.

this whole series should be packaged and win sundance, best thing im watching right now, tv, internet, movies included.

Haha i totally agree. award worthy for sure

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #398 on: March 03, 2011, 11:06:03 PM »
hahaha for sure dude is really funny. & karl said in the other thread that he's no longer vato'd out & fully in skate mode & possibly a guest board or something. i'm stoked on the ogs coming back into the skate scene like sheffey & lennie. way more sick then the same old shit over & over with whatevers going on in skating

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #399 on: March 03, 2011, 11:27:26 PM »
 When Dyrdek got to the part of the sermon where Lennie went off on that girl for "Looking like whore" I really felt I'd heard him doing that part before. I don't know, maybe it was just in the trailer or something.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #400 on: March 03, 2011, 11:55:51 PM »
When Dyrdek got to the part of the sermon where Lennie went off on that girl for "Looking like whore" I really felt I'd heard him doing that part before. I don't know, maybe it was just in the trailer or something.

yeah, it was used in the trailer. Seeing the clip within its correct context made it even better.

And yeah...... one of the best Epicly Laterd's ever.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #401 on: March 04, 2011, 01:37:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, it was used in the trailer. Seeing the clip within its correct context made it even better.

And yeah...... one of the best Epicly Laterd's ever.

There was also his role as the skateboard pimp in Righteous Kill, which might have contained some whoring.

smellyweeny

• Rep: 16
« Reply #402 on: March 04, 2011, 02:37:47 AM »
Just watched the bonus footy from mindfield. Kalis takes out those two kids in the plaza in spain and gives them the biggest WTF look ever. Then he mean mugs the mom for not keeping her kids in line. So thug, no sorries or nothing even when in other people's countries.

pollutedvision

« Reply #403 on: March 04, 2011, 09:42:11 AM »
Lennies almost a Juggalo now!

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #404 on: March 04, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
Kalis, I've always wondered.. how did you end up sponsored by West49 (the Canadian Zumiez if you will..) for a brief period and what was the deal on that?

VictoriousOG

« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2011, 10:31:34 AM »
Lennie episode was pretty crazy.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2011, 10:32:21 AM »
Kalis, I've always wondered.. how did you end up sponsored by West49 (the Canadian Zumiez if you will..) for a brief period and what was the deal on that?
I think earlier he said that he never had to do anything with them. And that SPoT or something just listed it for no reason.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2011, 10:52:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hahaha for sure dude is really funny. & karl said in the other thread that he's no longer vato'd out & fully in skate mode & possibly a guest board or something. i'm stoked on the ogs coming back into the skate scene like sheffey & lennie. way more sick then the same old shit over & over with whatevers going on in skating
::)

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #408 on: March 04, 2011, 11:26:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think earlier he said that he never had to do anything with them. And that SPoT or something just listed it for no reason.

Ah, cause yeah I have this flow/pro W49 DVD I got years ago and on the back it had the flow team members and the pro team members and on the pro team members it had Kalis on it... his section on the DVD was just clips from his DC Video part and he even had a thank you section in the pro photoslide show.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #409 on: March 04, 2011, 02:37:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
::)
new sean malto web clip v.s. new sean sheffey epicly later'd.... yeah.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #410 on: March 04, 2011, 02:41:14 PM »
This definitely brings up the argument about "robotic skaters." A dude like Lennie had the wildest and most unique style, and it was awesome. If he came out today, he wouldn't be able to get sponsored with that style.

bobforapples

• Rep: -55
« Reply #411 on: March 04, 2011, 05:23:53 PM »
does lennie kirk have a lisp, he sounds hillarious in his intro to timecode

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #412 on: March 04, 2011, 05:37:28 PM »
This definitely brings up the argument about "robotic skaters." A dude like Lennie had the wildest and most unique style, and it was awesome. If he came out today, he wouldn't be able to get sponsored with that style.

You really think so?  If was as advanced as he was then today, I don't think his style would be that much of an issue.  Just take a look at Torey Pudwill.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #413 on: March 04, 2011, 07:25:27 PM »
yeah, good point. Still, its hard to say.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #414 on: March 04, 2011, 08:17:02 PM »
I just watched his Timecode part again. Aside from the christian stuff, and just the skating, I feel like I could see that part in a current traffic, or think video.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Exile on MainSt.

« Reply #415 on: March 04, 2011, 11:06:37 PM »
"And I don't care who did what on what ledge" haha

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #416 on: March 05, 2011, 06:15:54 AM »
...pretty sure I have posted this story before on here but it is relevant to this thread. back in like 98/99 Lennie would be in New York skating Newport a lot. He would  usually roll with a bible. One night, Poppalardo was there too...Lenny starts talking to him about the bible, Jesus, whatever. Out of nowhere, Mike Wright (the USA Mike Wright) throws his bible into the East River

DeerTay

• Rep: -5
« Reply #417 on: March 05, 2011, 07:04:36 AM »
...pretty sure I have posted this story before on here but it is relevant to this thread. back in like 98/99 Lennie would be in New York skating Newport a lot. He would  usually roll with a bible. One night, Poppalardo was there too...Lenny starts talking to him about the bible, Jesus, whatever. Out of nowhere, Mike Wright (the USA Mike Wright) throws his bible into the East River
And then what? Coming in here with a half assed story and shit.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #418 on: March 05, 2011, 08:50:26 AM »
I wonder what Kalis thinks of Greco. Considering his whole hatred for the word hammer.

BriDen

« Reply #419 on: March 05, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »
I wonder what Kalis thinks of Greco. Considering his whole hatred for the word hammer.

It probably won't change any opinions, but Greco himself said that he hates what the word "hammer" has become.