Author Topic: Kalis Epicly Later'd  (Read 111165 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Kalis Epicly Later'd
« Reply #720 on: March 19, 2011, 08:36:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Yo Josh, Your Camaro is the Tits! Sure you dropped hella coin into it. How much is worth?
[close]

Thanks bro. It was a snowball.. i wasn't planning on building it so crazy. But i ended up catching some sponsors.. they hooked up some free parts. And i didn't pay labor because me and 3 other guys built it over 7 months. I do know it has about 90k worth of parts on it... and IF someone wanted the exact car built.. the labor would run about 100-120k. So if it was a customer paying full price... built from a shell.. i would guess 250k for the build.

so much more down for american muscle cars than euro or asian types. seriously the sickest muscle car ever. crazy that you can hit 200 in it.

shoot_RAW

• Rep: 1
« Reply #721 on: March 19, 2011, 08:55:42 AM »
Best later'd yet hands down. He is who he is without stupid gimmicks. Excellent.

seriously dude

• Rep: 19
« Reply #722 on: March 19, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
Thanks Josh.  Thanks Patrick.  So glad to be a skateboarder.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #723 on: March 19, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »
I was watching Kalis in mono today and put on protect ya neck by wu tang and it fit so perfectly with his skating. I hope Kalis skates to a wu tang song in the DGK video.

scottp014

« Reply #724 on: March 19, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
yo josh! where can i find that video of your footage tuned to JERU!  my favorite rapper and skater combined got me so hyped, jeru is the shit

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #725 on: March 19, 2011, 09:25:58 PM »
yo josh! where can i find that video of your footage tuned to JERU!  my favorite rapper and skater combined got me so hyped, jeru is the shit

For some reason the link on the DC site isn't working... I'll see if i can get them to re post it. As soon as they we post it... I'll post the link.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #726 on: March 19, 2011, 09:28:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For some reason the link on the DC site isn't working... I'll see if i can get them to re post it. As soon as they we post it... I'll post the link.

"I keep it street like my man Kalis"
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

scottp014

« Reply #727 on: March 19, 2011, 09:29:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

"I keep it street like my man Kalis"
haha exactly!  and thanks Josh, you are truly the man

voltronarm

• Rep: 2
« Reply #728 on: March 19, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Yo Josh, Your Camaro is the Tits! Sure you dropped hella coin into it. How much is worth?
[close]

Thanks bro. It was a snowball.. i wasn't planning on building it so crazy. But i ended up catching some sponsors.. they hooked up some free parts. And i didn't pay labor because me and 3 other guys built it over 7 months. I do know it has about 90k worth of parts on it... and IF someone wanted the exact car built.. the labor would run about 100-120k. So if it was a customer paying full price... built from a shell.. i would guess 250k for the build.

"Rust bucket-- I spent 15 hundred on that muh-fuckah, another 30 racks restoring that muh-fuckah." -Curren$y

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/17995715?color=004d09" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="">Curren$y - Daze of Thunder</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user471763">Creative Control</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #729 on: March 20, 2011, 01:49:30 AM »
If you are riding around in a 250 thousand dollar car you are definitely upriver.
Hello Dill. How are you?

juja

« Reply #730 on: March 20, 2011, 03:20:30 AM »
If you are riding around in a 250 thousand dollar car you are definitely upriver.

So spending 250 grand on meth and cock and living like shit in new york makes you cool...? Or a fucking person Dill!!!

Kalis is wise with his money, Dill's obviously blown all his cash and lost sponsors. He should feel bitter as I can't see him getting another shoe deal after he admitted that he didnt give a fuck about being on Etnies and was just there to take the check...

« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2011, 04:11:12 AM »
your M5 over your other cars.  ;D

DGKALIS

« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2011, 12:35:38 PM »
No one is dgk while driving an M5. The whole thing is laughable. Kalis should start up his company and call it clean, pristine, and cuddly Kooks.

Obviously you are looking past what the entire meaning of the situation is. The upriver/downriver doesn't have anything to do with who does or doesn't make bread.

It was more based on the fact of what type of skateboarding is being represented. And how/where its being represented. Money itself has nothing to do with it.
Money can be a by product of work ethic and hustle.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #733 on: March 20, 2011, 01:28:15 PM »

the fact that it's a camaro though cancels out any upward flow.....

juja

« Reply #734 on: March 20, 2011, 03:31:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the fact that it's a camaro though cancels out any upward flow.....

Bwaahaa ha so true its like its a fucking porsch or something guys

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #735 on: March 20, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »
No one is dgk while driving an M5. The whole thing is laughable. Kalis should start up his company and call it clean, pristine, and cuddly Kooks.

does this mean the whole deathwish team should commit suicide?

or dgk riders should only ride cap'n crunch donks?

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #736 on: March 20, 2011, 04:10:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, that'd be tight.

Sexy Alf

• Rep: 4
  • so damn sexy
« Reply #737 on: March 20, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yes, that'd be tight.
Count Chocula whip would be sick.

DGKALIS

« Reply #738 on: March 20, 2011, 05:36:07 PM »
Expand Quote

It was more based on the fact of what type of skateboarding is being represented. And how/where its being represented. Money itself has nothing to do with it.

[close]

Berra and Dyrdek would dispute that. You know it is true. Justify it all you want, Josh. But, reflect back on the old you.

Same friends, same cities, same streets, most everything is the same.

Difference...
I now have a career
Im now married
i now have a kid with another on the way

You can categorize me in any group you like. If it makes you feel better to put me in the same group as Berra and Dyrdek.... feel free.
I also love your 3 posts.. the newbie who wants to try and light a fire. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #739 on: March 20, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »
I think the fact that kalis posts here shows what side he's on.....you think berra and dyrdek have 'time' for this shit? 

ontheswarm

« Reply #740 on: March 20, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »
I think what alot of people don't understand when you are on your own with no help from your parents and you have to support maybe a family and two kids like in Josh's situation you are going to do everything you can to make sure your have a good life for them and to not be struggling out there times are tough people are going to make decisions that not everyone will approve of

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #741 on: March 20, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »
Can we get a dick on sluggers face already?

zipzinging

« Reply #742 on: March 20, 2011, 08:05:38 PM »
I can't comprehend how anybody can say anything negative about Josh and money after watching that whole documentary.

I hope josh gets as much money as he possibly can in his career to take care of his wife and children, and put his kids through college one day.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #743 on: March 20, 2011, 08:12:48 PM »
^ That was beautiful.

*sniff*

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #744 on: March 20, 2011, 08:50:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Berra and Dyrdek would dispute that. You know it is true. Justify it all you want, Josh. But, reflect back on the old you.
[close]

Same friends, same cities, same streets, most everything is the same.

Difference...
I now have a career
Im now married
i now have a kid with another on the way

You can categorize me in any group you like. If it makes you feel better to put me in the same group as Berra and Dyrdek.... feel free.
I also love your 3 posts.. the newbie who wants to try and light a fire. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

scrodogg

« Reply #745 on: March 20, 2011, 08:55:21 PM »

...wow man your actually an idiot, why the fuck shouldn't he have nice stuff...god knows he has worked hard for it. I don't think you understand what happens to a man when he has a kid, that shit becomes priority over everything. Gotta get money to provide for your family.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #746 on: March 20, 2011, 09:07:36 PM »

...wow man your actually an idiot, why the fuck shouldn't he have nice stuff...god knows he has worked hard for it. I don't think you understand what happens to a man when he has a kid, that shit becomes priority over everything. Gotta get money to provide for your family.

Not only that but what's wrong with success? Especially when you worked for it all yourself!

Josh obviously was a real DGK at one time, or did you not watch these episodes at all? He's a grown man you expect him to still live that? When you're an adult you have to take care of yourself, not to mention a wife and kids.

scottp014

« Reply #747 on: March 20, 2011, 09:52:08 PM »
for real!  fuck those haters man, SLAPS GOT YO BACK KALIS

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #748 on: March 20, 2011, 10:52:21 PM »
Kalis has got to be the realest dude in skateboarding. I've been traveling around for around 7 months now and was kind of burnt out on skating before I left so I've skated maybe 3 or 4 days since I left. Haven't even really missed it that much even. But damn, watching this put some heart back into for me and reminded me of everything that's good about skateboarding and why I love it so much. Fuck all the haters too. After watching that you can't say kalis hasn't had one of the most genuine careers in skateboarding and he keeps up with everything on here, answering everyones questions and posting input. He deserves everything he has and gets. Plus, it seems like anyone who's met kalis has nothing bad to say about him and he appreciates his fans. Ah hey Kalis, do still keep up with Auttiesh Danger? That was the main homie back when I lived in Phoenix. Haven't talked to him in a minute though.  Aight, gonna quite lurkin', drink some coffee, eat a red bean bun, and go skate around bangkok now

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #749 on: March 21, 2011, 04:14:24 AM »
is larry clark making a movie on jason dill?