Author Topic: Kalis Epicly Later'd  (Read 111155 times)

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Kalis Epicly Later'd
« Reply #750 on: March 21, 2011, 04:57:06 AM »
WED FUCKING DWAGONS

scottp014

• Rep: 1
« Reply #751 on: March 21, 2011, 06:04:29 AM »
is larry clark making a movie on jason dill?
haha god damn that would be something

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #752 on: March 21, 2011, 07:35:42 AM »
Ah hey Kalis, do still keep up with Auttiesh Danger? That was the main homie back when I lived in Phoenix. Haven't talked to him in a minute though.  Aight, gonna quite lurkin', drink some coffee, eat a red bean bun, and go skate around bangkok now

Of course...
He just came out here last week. Him and his boy Daniel.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #753 on: March 21, 2011, 07:48:51 AM »
kalis needs top come down to texas for tx2k one day  :)

:D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:51:03 AM by SteezusChrist »

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #754 on: March 22, 2011, 02:33:19 PM »
I think the fact that kalis posts here shows what side he's on.....you think berra and dyrdek have 'time' for this shit? 

Exactly...DC did a demo here years ago, most of the dudes were in the tent in V.I.P (VIP sections is one of many things wrong with skating in the past 5 years here) Out of all the dudes on at the time Josh was the only dude talkin with kids signing autographs playing skate, so when Dyrdek in Epicly Later'd mentioned that he'll talk skating with whoever is down an that pure skaterat thing i knew exactly what he was talking about....

2121 School of Weak Ollies

• Rep: 1
« Reply #755 on: March 22, 2011, 05:27:51 PM »
Great to see Josh Kalis still ripping and doin' his thing. How many people have been able to ride the rough waves of skateboarding and still be able to stay on top? Not many! Good shit that he is getting paid, he deserves it. I have no idea about skateboarders' private lives and how much they earn, but I am willing to stick my neck out and say that he was skating at one time and not earing much, while skate companies were profiting from him, and others who 'made' skateboarding, and influenced thousands of kids all over the world to skate.

Epicly Later'd is dope. Kids of today that are hatin need to shut the fuck up and realize that Josh Kalis is a Mutha Fuckin Gangsta.

PEACE

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #756 on: March 22, 2011, 06:03:40 PM »
The issue with the upriver/downriver thing is that nobody on Alien is straight out of Kids, so claiming Josh isn't down with the streets but dudes like Dylan and Dill are is fucking stupid, and disrespectful on Dill's part
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

juja

« Reply #757 on: March 22, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »
I have no problem with Josh. He should just own and embrace his upriver style. Nothing wrong with it, just don't act like you are straight out of a Larry Clark flick.

Upriver isn't even a real slang term you kook get some perspective. Your the one sucking Dill's dick by even using that term cause it had no meaning until Dill said it...Upriver style...?  Your right up around Dill's ass hole aren't you, eating whatever shit comes out and then throwing it back up...freak

blake guzman

• Rep: -14
« Reply #758 on: March 22, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »
Kalis,

Not trying to blow up the spot or anything, but I've got to echo what other people have said: Boston is the new Philly/SF/Barcelona. There are plenty of weekend warriors at Eggs, but most of the week it is super chill. It's right across from the police station, but only the state troopers hassle us.

Between Eggs, the pier and it's proximity to New York, I would say Boston is the best skate city alive right now.

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #759 on: March 22, 2011, 07:23:20 PM »
Kalis,

Not trying to blow up the spot or anything, but I've got to echo what other people have said: Boston is the new Philly/SF/Barcelona. There are plenty of weekend warriors at Eggs, but most of the week it is super chill. It's right across from the police station, but only the state troopers hassle us.

Between Eggs, the pier and it's proximity to New York, I would say Boston is the best skate city alive right now.

Thats what i've been hearing. Im gonna have to get out there this summer and check it out. Sounds fun.

blake guzman

• Rep: -14
« Reply #760 on: March 22, 2011, 07:45:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Kalis,

[close]

Thats what i've been hearing. Im gonna have to get out there this summer and check it out. Sounds fun.

Nice. You'll fit right in here. Lots of tech ledge skating, and a vibe like Pier 7 in the 90s. 

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #761 on: March 22, 2011, 10:59:21 PM »
Ah hey Kalis, do still keep up with Auttiesh Danger? That was the main homie back when I lived in Phoenix. Haven't talked to him in a minute though.  Aight, gonna quite lurkin', drink some coffee, eat a red bean bun, and go skate around bangkok now

You wouldn't happen to know Gaynier or Lord Zoldemort would you?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #762 on: March 23, 2011, 12:18:28 AM »
Josh, if you ever want to quote multiple peeps:

Under the message preview you see the last however-many posts people have made, and on the right side of each post you have a link "Insert Quote". By clicking that you can quote all the posts you see in one message.

take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #763 on: March 23, 2011, 08:35:24 AM »
does this mean the whole deathwish team should commit suicide?

LMFAO

G3nius

• Rep: 0
  • I Hit ThaT
« Reply #764 on: April 23, 2011, 09:57:48 PM »
...pretty sure I have posted this story before on here but it is relevant to this thread. back in like 98/99 Lennie would be in New York skating Newport a lot. He would  usually roll with a bible. One night, Poppalardo was there too...Lenny starts talking to him about the bible, Jesus, whatever. Out of nowhere, Mike Wright (the USA Mike Wright) throws his bible into the East River

Im callin u out on that one because what u said is a straight lie! I know both of them and u aint nothing but a hater tryin to start shxxt.
Ima have to sic Lennie's girl on you.......

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #765 on: April 24, 2011, 01:56:39 AM »
I think the fact that kalis posts here shows what side he's on.....you think berra and dyrdek have 'time' for this shit? 

Sluggers is Berra.  Berra is a petty, sad cunt.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #766 on: April 24, 2011, 02:07:13 AM »
think we kinda missed the good news in this thread

congrats on yer wife expecting a new one kalis !   , Montgomery is a nice name ...

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #767 on: April 11, 2020, 03:35:01 AM »
Sorry for bumping on old thread, but this lockdown got me watching some old favourites, seriously forgot how good this episode is, the best Epicly laterd by far imo. If you haven’t seen this do yourself a favour and watch it.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #768 on: April 11, 2020, 03:59:51 AM »
Sorry for bumping on old thread, but this lockdown got me watching some old favourites, seriously forgot how good this episode is, the best Epicly laterd by far imo. If you haven’t seen this do yourself a favour and watch it.

Kalis is a real good dude, even now. Still absolutely bummed I could never figure out how to get my copy of thrasher over to him to sign when he got the cover. International postage sucks.

Much love always Kalis! 

GollyIamGully

• Rep: -8
« Reply #769 on: April 11, 2020, 06:08:41 AM »

His bobshirt interview is really awesome too. Kalis is a really rad dude.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #770 on: April 11, 2020, 06:33:26 AM »
The realist of the real. I don’t think Kalis has ever filmed a trick that wasn’t proper. One of those skaters where if he can’t do a trick right he just won’t film it or do it at all.

dakara

• Rep: 4
« Reply #771 on: April 11, 2020, 06:44:03 AM »
Met kalis outside my childhood indoor skatepark back in high school with a friend. He was next to his modified Mitsubishi evo and as me and my buddy were car nerds we were oggling it and he took the time to talk cars with us a bit and show us what he’d done to the car. Seemed like a real good dude