Author Topic: Aliens  (Read 17544 times)

David

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Aliens
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »
It's all about

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 10:15:01 AM »
^Guess that means you haven't seen UFOs.

people misuse that term too often.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 10:19:43 AM »
Those UFO shows on the History Channel remind me of hearing about Religious fundamentalists talking about God. The more I hear their wacked out theories the more it repels me.

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 10:36:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

people misuse that term too often.

not trying to be insensitive or anything. I have no idea.

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »
Expand Quote
I do belive there is more out there , fosils , bugs , bacteria , sea life , plant life , another humanoid race just like us or maybe even some more alian looking thing like in the movies .  theres just too much space for it to not be

but as for ending up on camera on shitty shows and youtube clips , abdubting hillbillys and crazy ppl , killing cows and making weird
symbols in crop fields , or building pyramids and shit like that fuck that

advanced techonogy to travel billions of light years to kidnapp some yokel and kill his cows and ending up on some ufo show . doesnt sound right now does it ...
[close]
yes
actually it does sound right because if aliens are smart enough to come to earth obviously they know to abduct and butt rape a hillbilly because no one will believe him and it's hilarious/worth the trip. if they kidnapped someone smart and respectable then their cover is blown. they got crazy game.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:43:52 AM by busey »
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

Reggie Nobles

• Rep: 84
  • oh no
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »

rough bomb

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 10:49:30 AM »

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 01:22:55 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm just pissed that NASA is so far behind what it could be. Shit- we made it to the moon with primitive gear, invented electric yet rugged buggies, and did it so often that the public interest actually went too far down to carry any real political weight. In the fucking 60's!

Not that there haven't been some amazing things coming out of the agency, but if it weren't for politics, we'd have had human feet on the moon and a rugged probe inside Europa right now. NASA's probably my favorite agency, but they have a history of being underfunded and completely mismanaged.
[close]

Tom: It's a lovely day for a launch, here, live at Cape Canaveral, at
       the lower end of the Florida Peninsula, and the purpose of
       today's mission is truly, really electrifying.
Man 2: That's correct, Tom.  The lion's share of this flight will be
       devoted to the study of the effects of weightlessness on tiny
       screws.
Tom: Unbelievable, and just imagine the logistics of weightlessness.
       And of course, this could have literally millions of applications
       here on Earth -- everything from watchmaking to watch repair.
Homer: Boring.
        [tries to switch channels, but the batteries fall from the
       remote control]
       No!  The batteries!
Tom: Now let's look at the crew a little.
Man 2: They're a colorful bunch.  They've been dubbed "the Three
       Musketeers".  Heh heh heh --
Tom: And we laugh legitimately.  There's a mathematician, a different
        _kind_ of mathematician, and a statistician.
Homer: Make it stop!  [panics]
Bart: Oh no, not another boring space launch.  Change the channel.
       Change the channel!
Homer: I can't!  I can't!
        [Bart dives for the plug and tears it from the wall]
        [He and Homer both sigh]

my god man, thank you for posting this. "deep space homer" is one of the greats of the first ten seasons.

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »
I'm just pissed that NASA is so far behind what it could be. Shit- we made it to the moon with primitive gear, invented electric yet rugged buggies, and did it so often that the public interest actually went too far down to carry any real political weight. In the fucking 60's!

Not that there haven't been some amazing things coming out of the agency, but if it weren't for politics, we'd have had human feet on the moon Mars and a rugged probe inside Europa right now. NASA's probably my favorite agency, but they have a history of being underfunded and completely mismanaged.

Edited for dhuur^

Grim - human space exploration may not have progressed much in the past 20 years, but robotic has. There are dozens of missions going on right now, most most people have never heard of.

As of right now, we have two robots on mars, several satellites orbiting and studying the sun, an orbiter around Saturn, an orbiter around Mercury, a probe on its way to Pluto, a probe on its way to Vesta and Ceres (asteroids/dwarf planets), another mission to mars on its way, and several missions involving the moon - and that's just the missions involving our solar system. There and lots more deep space missions. (Kepler and James Webb being the two most known the general public, and of course hubble)

The fact is the average dipshit American doesn't care, and CNN isn't going to cover these things because no one will watch.

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 04:13:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah, I've seen all the shows.  UFOs are real.  So are tarrot card readings and the boogyman.  And the movie Paranormal Activity.  And Zeitgeist movie, everything they say, I pledge allegiance. 

Don't fuck with tarrot cards. Me and my ex gf got ours read by some dude who studied it. Everything he told me made perfect sense. He pulled the death card on my GF, told her someone close to her was going to die, and then two months later her mom died of ovarian cancer.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2011, 04:48:37 PM »

Not that there haven't been some amazing things coming out of the agency, but if it weren't for politics, we'd have had human feet on the moon Mars and a rugged probe inside Europa right now. NASA's probably my favorite agency, but they have a history of being underfunded and completely mismanaged.

Edited for dhuur^

if anything they're extremely over-funded. in america you got people dying cause they can't afford healthcare, kids who got good grades in high school that can't afford to go to college, all sorts of social problems but still good money is getting wasted on fucking around in outer space. We need to take care of Earth before we can start even thinking about whats happening elsewhere. NASA epitomizes government waste in my eyes. all those 'great minds' should stop caring if there's a million lightyears away and start caring about saving our planet.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Belligerent Irish Cop

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »
Expand Quote

Edited for dhuur^
[close]

if anything they're extremely over-funded. in america you got people dying cause they can't afford healthcare, kids who got good grades in high school that can't afford to go to college, all sorts of social problems but still good money is getting wasted on fucking around in outer space. We need to take care of Earth before we can start even thinking about whats happening elsewhere. NASA epitomizes government waste in my eyes. all those 'great minds' should stop caring if there's a million lightyears away and start caring about saving our planet.

you're a fucking person. which GOP radio pundit are you parroting?

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2011, 07:05:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edited for dhuur^
[close]

[close]

yeah, because directing more money towards cheaper college tuition and health care is so high up on the list of GOP priorities. get your head outta your ass man. I feel the same way about the DOD as I do NASA. fuck all that shit. you're gonna be spending my money on million dollar jets and space shuttle launches when New Orleans is still fucked 5.5 years after Katrina? get the fuck outta here!!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

iliketoskateboardandstuff

• Rep: -10
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 07:18:52 PM »
I've done almost an embarrassing amount of research on this subject, and although I still haven't seen any concrete proof, there's a hell of a lot of detailed accounts from very high up people saying that aliens are real, they're here, and they've been here.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
are they also queer?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2011, 07:51:23 PM »
are they also queer?

it would explain the anal probes

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
and their progressive fashion
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

Belligerent Irish Cop

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edited for dhuur^
[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, because directing more money towards cheaper college tuition and health care is so high up on the list of GOP priorities. get your head outta your ass man. I feel the same way about the DOD as I do NASA. fuck all that shit. you're gonna be spending my money on million dollar jets and space shuttle launches when New Orleans is still fucked 5.5 years after Katrina? get the fuck outta here!!

New Orleans is fucked largely because of local corruption and a government run by incompetents.

You don't even realize how many technologies you use every single day only exist because of NASA. GPS satellites, satellite communication networks which make your cellphone work, CORDLESS POWER TOOLS WERE INVENTED BY NASA and subsequently the battery technology to run them.

You can't go five fucking minutes of your shitty day complaining about the government on your mac without using some sort of technology that has come because of research done by NASA. That's how science works - technology is developed for use in scientific research and then later finds application in society.

You probably live with your mom and don't even pay taxes you scumbag. Your opinion means nothing.

LesbianPUNCH

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2011, 08:47:25 PM »
I've done almost an embarrassing amount of research on this subject, and although I still haven't seen any concrete proof, there's a hell of a lot of detailed accounts from very high up people saying that God is real, He's here, and He's been here.

Nice try, bro.  We're talking about something rational.  Get out of here with that nonsense.

As for Tarot cards, never been interested.  Probably because they scare me.  I think that's enough reason not to meddle, but curiosity has thwarted my better judgement before.  Sorry about your girlfriends mom.

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2011, 09:00:40 PM »
I think what Grim is saying about NASA being underfunded is that we only went to the Moon once, and there have always been and currently a lot of "radical" theories to test out that cost gargantuan amounts of money, that NASA doesn't see. You guys do make up a good point, why are we wasting all this money going into space, when we could use it on our planet?

What I was saying about following actual space studies instead of Ancient Aliens on the History Channel, these are within the last week:

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2011-01/lifes-building-blocks-were-forged-space-light-distant-stars-studies-show

Exoplanet hunt turns up 54 potentially habitable worlds
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12354390

Since Fall 2010, discoveries in space have been almost a snowball effect, you can see what our actual "space travelers" are doing.

The Earth is overpopulated and polluted, but there are still places man has not been yet, and who knows what we will find. And with that notion imagine someone like the Coast Guard discovering something alien. We already have a long history of things like comets and asteroids coming to Earth from deep space. We also have a lot of space debris, so can't their be something alien too?

http://viewzone2.com/milkywayx.html

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap030930.html

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 09:36:31 PM »

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 03:21:21 AM »
I've done almost an embarrassing amount of research on this subject, and although I still haven't seen any concrete proof, there's a hell of a lot of detailed accounts from very high up people saying that aliens are real, they're here, and they've been here.

This, and I've seen a couple unexplained things up in the sky.

Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 04:26:02 AM »

David

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2011, 06:28:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I've done almost an embarrassing amount of research on this subject, and although I still haven't seen any concrete proof, there's a hell of a lot of detailed accounts from very high up people saying that God is real, He's here, and He's been here.
[close]

Nice try, bro.  We're talking about something rational.  Get out of here with that nonsense.

As for Tarot cards, never been interested.  Probably because they scare me.  I think that's enough reason not to meddle, but curiosity has thwarted my better judgement before.  Sorry about your girlfriends mom.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2011, 07:22:01 AM »
I'm still bummed that we don't know what goes on in Groom Lake. After the leak of the iPhone 4, I figured the next big leak would be aliens at Area 51. Come on. Someone please become a scientist, spend your years working up through the ranks to get yourself into Area 51, then expose the truth. Please. It's been a boring year.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »
Spool & Giovanni- I mean NASA is literally underfunded.
It takes a little more than one half of one percent the Fed's annual budget, and at its peak in the 60's it got just past 4% (during the Apollo missions).

As for spending on other things... for every dollar spent at NASA, $100 is spent on various social programs and initiatives from veteran's affairs to food stamps.

I'd also add (since it was brought up) that NASA provides a shitload of civilian and government jobs for people in the greater New Orleans area (as well as the rest of the state, though primarily in NOLA and in north Louisiana) and they fund many different education initiatives (primarily math and science) from elementary to college level.

Irish Cop- I'm with you 100% about the fantastic missions we have going on (known and unknown)... I'm just saying that political apathy is one reason why we don't have the gear to go to the moon today... if the political momentum that JFK had helped to build up for NASA was anywhere near close to what it was, we'd be on ridiculously more advanced missions than we are now. Politicians keep NASA starved, which is my main point of contention. I wish they had DOD-level money.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:01:10 AM by grimcity »

David

• SLAP Pal

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2011, 11:20:55 AM »
How fucking much is it to ask for ONE documented and legitimately proven encounter with a grey?

David

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2011, 11:38:43 AM »

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2011, 01:13:25 PM »
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_n51_v9/ai_14719556/

Expand Quote

[close]

4:04

"Burnt my fingers right off.."

?

Didn't know the world is underpopulated, thanks.

Grim, I'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me, but definitely you are much more knowledgeable on the subject than myself.

Here are a couple of articles (2010) about Obama canceling the return mission to the Moon (for those interested):

Obama cancels Moon return project
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8489097.stm

Obama Nasa plans 'catastrophic' say Moon astronauts
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8565243.stm

What do you guys think about some of the astronauts making claims about aliens on the moon, and then later retracting their statements? Have any of you seen the STS footage? What do you think?