Author Topic: Aliens  (Read 17598 times)

PTDK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Re: Aliens
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2011, 05:34:45 PM »
If you believe the universe is an infinite space that goes on forever and is filled with some sort of matter or solar systems and galaxies then there is infinite chance that somewhere out there, there is some sort of intelligent life. Even IF the universe is finite, the chances mathematically that there is life somewhere in the universe are astronomical. I think there are aliens out there for sure.....do I think they have visited earth? Who knows.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2011, 09:36:26 AM »

penguin meat

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »
I wish aliens, pizza, beer, and skateboarding could be combined into one thing that I could look at or play with.

get gnarly

• Rep: 9
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »
Just found a really in depth and compelling look at the Area 51 story dealing strictly with the facts of the matter. Definitely sparked my UFO/alien interest again.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2011, 06:53:50 AM »
Someone on Reddit recently did an AMA about being a civilian contractor at Area 51 for a few days. He didn't have anything really secret to share, but it was interesting to read.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/l8t68/as_requested_i_have_been_in_area_51_ama/

get gnarly

• Rep: 9
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »
Someone on Reddit recently did an AMA about being a civilian contractor at Area 51 for a few days. He didn't have anything really secret to share, but it was interesting to read.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/l8t68/as_requested_i_have_been_in_area_51_ama/

^that guy is a lucky motherfucker. And I just realized I didn't even post the link I mentioned, I'm dumb.

http://presidentialufo.com/articles-a-papers/379-the-true-story-of-area-51-a-look-at-the-actual-evidence

Definitely worth a read for those believers out there

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2011, 07:26:57 PM »
If you believe the universe is an infinite space that goes on forever

Fun fact, if that were true. Then the sky would be totally lit at night from light traveling from all the stars that exist.
So I guess there's finite space.

nothing's been the since same

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2011, 08:37:18 PM »
I was thinking the other day that aliens arriving in UFOs were mutated humans from the future going back in time to look back at the Earth in its former glory.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2011, 08:42:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fun fact, if that were true. Then the sky would be totally lit at night from light traveling from all the stars that exist.

Totally lit sky sounds like some stoner logic right there. Doesn't light diffuse as it gets further away? Couldn't there be stars far enough from earth that the light is undetectable here?

I can't really wrap my head around space but that sounds like some bullshit.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2011, 09:17:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Totally lit sky sounds like some stoner logic right there. Doesn't light diffuse as it gets further away? Couldn't there be stars far enough from earth that the light is undetectable here?

Yes and yes.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2011, 09:32:47 PM »

thanks for posting this Donkey Lips. i'm having a good time reading it.

this back and forth isn't about Area 51/Aliens, but damn is it solid.

Q: Could you ask him "I'm in a technical field as well (CompSci). How do I increase my creativity so I too can found a Robotics company some day?"

A: "Don't take no for an answer. Persevere. Keep coming back for more. That's the secret actually. Most people give up."

Q: How do I value myself and continue to develop when I can see the infinitely better people out there better than me at what I do? :(

A: "Because most people, even people that you think are smarter or more creative than you will give up. If you persevere people will stop being your competitor and before you know it you'll be the only one left standing."

awesome.

this link someone posted on weird Military Patches was great too (even if they might be inside-jokes.)

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread465962/pg1

now i want this damn book

http://www.amazon.com/Could-Tell-Then-Would-Destroyed/dp/1933633328/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-4060081-6535146?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187072959&sr=8-1

i also loved the part where someone asked him if he thinks the moon landing was staged and he said that's ridiculous since he knows Harrison Schmidt. then someone posted this video of Buzz Aldrin punching a conspiracy theorist (he deserved it though. you don't call an astronaut a coward and a liar and not expect a fist to the face.)

this whole thing has re-sparked my interest in space/area 51/the moon/aliens, etc.

i wonder if the Fallen Astronaut sculpture is still intact and in decent condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_Astronaut

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HAHAHA...this might be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1508
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2011, 05:48:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's called inverse square law.  Look under light and electromagnetic radiation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2011, 06:17:13 AM »
you guys dont know shit until youve seen a UFH.
Underage Farting Ho

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Karlos

• Rep: -3
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2011, 11:05:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wow  , your thought process is disturbingly regular. it's ok if it were your oppinion and you knew nothing about the subject but stating it as a fact.. lol . during solar eclipse, you can't even see light from our sun, which is only like 93 million miles away and moon is over 400 times smaller than the sun. that's just an example from our solar space.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2011, 11:55:40 AM »
He's not a moron, he just prefers Kepler to all your new fangled "science"

"? you do not hesitate to declare that there are
over 10,000 stars. The more there are and the
more crowded they are, the stronger becomes
my argument against the infinity of the
universe.

This world of ours does not belong to an
undifferentiated swarm of countless others ...
Otherwise the whole celestial vault would be as
luminous as the Sun!?

?Conversations with the Starry Messenger?
Johannes Kepler (1601)

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This here picture is the furthest image that has ever been taken with telescope technology.  

Guess how they got this picture?  They aimed the telescope at the darkest space they could find and look what they found way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back there in the darkness??  Thousands upon thousands of galaxies like ours.  So yeah...there goes that idea.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:27:40 PM by jeremyrandall »

David

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
There's a reason why we can't see all the stars there are at night and I'm pretty sure it has nothiing to do with the universe being finite. Not sure how that would even explain it. The real reason might have to do with with the speed of light and the rate of expansion of the universe. It was explained to me once but I can't'remember the details.

Back on topic... The movie Fire in The Sky scared the crap out of me as a kid and one the most intense dreams I've ever had was about being chased by what seemed to be flying saucers.

Has anyone here ever seen a UFO?

I've seen some weird shit in the night sky once. Could've been anything, but I really have no idea.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:38:31 PM by David »

matt.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2011, 09:50:16 PM »
that hubble pic is too sick.

Karlos

• Rep: -3
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2011, 02:59:46 AM »
Thanks for sharing that sick picture. There's just too much beyond the capabilities of our eyes yet to discover. I'm pretty sure there are countless life forms "out there" , although i don't think i ever saw one that doesn't really belong on earth initally, but how would i know.
Saw this vid some time ago where Terrence Mckenna talks about other forms of life. Although i cant really agree or disagree with this because of lack of evidence but i sure found this to be an interesting point of view about the universe.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2011, 03:23:59 AM »
I have that picture as my phone background. and I have seen a UFO or two in my time.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2011, 04:06:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

HAHAHA...this might be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read

he has seen too much star wars

David

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
Attention Earth

This is a warning

Listen close

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:10:28 AM by David »

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2012, 10:33:34 AM »
That is a terrible human costume.

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »

I can't embed right now. But the face that looks like the one that was on Mars is pretty interesting.

Edit: Never mind, guess it worked
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:06:00 PM by FART BOY »

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2012, 12:50:55 PM »
I cant really comprehend the universe being infinite as it is almost impossible for a human mind to really understand what being infinite really means. I also can't really comprehend if the universe if finite and is truly expanding, what exactly is it expanding in to?
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2012, 01:23:16 PM »
If there were greys (I fucking hope so), I really hope they're not doing this crop circle shit. I wouldn't want them to play this teasing bullshit game. If they're going to show up, just do it and avoid the crop circle foreplay.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2012, 02:06:47 PM »
the reason that greys come to our pitiful planet is because they are looking to breed with us inorder to create a super race.

and by breed i dont mean have sex with us, obviously, since they have evolved beyond having the need for sexual organs because they are cloned and not born.

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2012, 04:30:04 PM »
1: read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_hypothesis and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_mediocrity
2: i guess at one point the human race (or the us perhaps?) needs to decide to prioritize advancement outwards into space or advancement on earth (greener planet, more equality etc). i guess you could do both slowly at the same time.

what is more important, every single human being or our collective advancement as a species and civilization? or does how we treat every human being mirror our advancement as a species? hmmmm

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2012, 07:29:40 PM »
i did a speech on this for class once, and niggas was convinced. im too lazy right now to post up all this info n whatnot but ive researched this shit for years. aliens are definitely real. realer than most would like to believe...