Author Topic: think boards?  (Read 2000 times)

tre killa

think boards?
« on: February 12, 2011, 07:47:13 PM »
I just bought a think board earlier today and I like it alot, but i keep hearing that they are horrible boards I was wondering if anyone knew if they snapped easy or anything?

Froston

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
  • BeerShits
Re: think boards?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 08:57:59 PM »
i THINK if you skate it you will find out if they snap easy, dont you THINK?

hekkahyphy

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 10:24:49 PM »
I always buy think price points. The boards are perfect IMO everyones different so that jerk froston has a point

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 11:23:13 PM »
I always buy think price points. The boards are perfect IMO everyones different so that jerk froston has a point

price point ones are always the think "tag" boards.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 11:52:43 PM »
Ppl always seem to have diffrent opinions about boards . Alot say they hate chocolate and deathwish boards but ive never had any problems with any of them , and I like chocolate boards alot

Im sure Think boards are just as good as the rest out there . Would actualy like to buy them but cant ...

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 09:40:22 AM »
Ppl always seem to have diffrent opinions about boards . Alot say they hate chocolate and deathwish boards but ive never had any problems with any of them , and I like chocolate boards alot

Im sure Think boards are just as good as the rest out there . Would actualy like to buy them but cant ...

you cant buy a think board monty? you own a power plant

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 10:00:12 AM »
Always keep in mind that when your shop orders boards, you may not always get the wood that you're expecting. For example, if you buy a Kayo board (dgk, organika, expedition) because they use bareback wood (most expensive wood, same as deluxe), you might end up getting the cheapest wood like Canadian maple but with a Kayo brand graphic on it. Some shops do this to save money so make sure you support core shops who order the real wood!

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »
Always keep in mind that when your shop orders boards, you may not always get the wood that you're expecting. For example, if you buy a Kayo board (dgk, organika, expedition) because they use bareback wood (most expensive wood, same as deluxe), you might end up getting the cheapest wood like Canadian maple but with a Kayo brand graphic on it. Some shops do this to save money so make sure you support core shops who order the real wood!

What you are saying doesn't make sense.

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You don't skate.

nylin

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 05:03:41 PM »

never heard of this happening. then again, I don't skate

Froston

• Rep: 9
  • BeerShits
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You don't skate.

Youre regular. Ive worked at 3 shops, and helped out at a few more in my lifetime so far and this isent true what so ever. If your ordering strait from the distributor youre going to get the SAME wood that they are known for using no matter what. Shops dont have the option to choose a lower grade wood to save money. Anyways theres no such skateboard company that would bootleg there own graphics onto shittier wood.

john04o8

• Rep: -27
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 05:27:53 PM »
boards are boards but when it comes to dwindle boards they get flimsy and shit but i to me think is just above dwindle boards

BFKskateboards

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »
the nose broke in one day on the think board i had on a flat ground fs flip

hekkahyphy

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 06:06:03 PM »
Hey tate what do u mean by "tag" boards? Is that a name for like the logo that they print on all of there pricepoints?

Thinks have really nice shapes and for 30 bucks u really can't go wrong. The woods good too and I don't think I've ever had a chip on my thinks. Wwhen there done they do just strate up break on me... Think ima stop buying what I usually purchase and support think again... I miss those boards

Chris

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 07:26:23 PM »
Hey tate what do u mean by "tag" boards? Is that a name for like the logo that they print on all of there pricepoints?

Thinks have really nice shapes and for 30 bucks u really can't go wrong. The woods good too and I don't think I've ever had a chip on my thinks. Wwhen there done they do just strate up break on me... Think ima stop buying what I usually purchase and support think again... I miss those boards

The $30 board you described is the tag board. for $30 not a bad deal.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The $30 board you described is the tag board. for $30 not a bad deal.

oooohhh okay gotit. but yeah 30 isnt bad i haveent had one of there regular boards in yrs though

Chris

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »
I've never rode a non price point Think. I seen one which was a Mario/ Donkey Kong one which was pretty cool.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 12:40:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You don't skate.
[close]

Youre regular. Ive worked at 3 shops, and helped out at a few more in my lifetime so far and this isent true what so ever. If your ordering strait from the distributor youre going to get the SAME wood that they are known for using no matter what. Shops dont have the option to choose a lower grade wood to save money. Anyways theres no such skateboard company that would bootleg there own graphics onto shittier wood.

I dont know, there is one shop in my town, that sells, or sold, Toy Machine and Foundation boards, that were shitty as fuck. I bought a Foundation over there, and the color was pealing off, wood was soggy, and there were presure cracks literaly in one day. And I know that Tumyeto boards are far more better and solid than this, Ive had some before... I still have the Foundation, I can post some pictures of it, it even looks like shit.

john04o8

• Rep: -27
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 01:39:22 AM »
i remember 7 years back, brand new jason dill alien workshop deck nose snapped with kickflip nose manual on the fouth try

penguin meat

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 11:14:49 AM »
I just got done skating a think that lasted a couple months, then to even it out my new board lasted one day.  actually no, it broke and cut my day shorter than a day.

jayceedeecee

• Rep: -3
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 12:00:34 PM »
seriously?  This thread again?

tre killa

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

cool marketing technique  :)