Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173457 times)

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #1200 on: September 14, 2017, 12:50:36 AM »
Turned 27, still get taken out by small stones. I love skateboarding

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1201 on: September 14, 2017, 07:01:53 PM »
Diversity. Seeing way more girls and black people skating at the parks and spots than when I was a kid in the 90s.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1202 on: September 14, 2017, 07:07:19 PM »
Also I'm about to have my tre flip down/back 8)

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #1203 on: September 14, 2017, 07:43:38 PM »
Ollied two dead squirrels on my cruiser board on the way to get beer. That's the most dead squirrels i've ever ollied.

shark tits

« Reply #1204 on: September 14, 2017, 08:53:42 PM »
skated a complete over to some bird i met and she can bomb small hills on account of having pushed a longboard around. gave her the basics of ollies, riding off curbs and powerslides/foot dragging. hopefully she does her homework and stays w/ it. i got to skate a perfect manny pad w/ waist high drop that's always a bust while she manualed cracks.
then i listened to her friends talk about grindr and how it tells you the gps location of dude you swiped and there's a greenlight and you start banging right there. 'grindr is toxic' they agreed and they used 'breeder' as an insult.
i think they were overcompensating cause they thought i was judging em or whatever but they gave me a ride back to my plaza.
almost got my kf grinds back.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #1205 on: September 15, 2017, 06:20:18 AM »
Ollied two dead squirrels on my cruiser board on the way to get beer. That's the most dead squirrels i've ever ollied.

Stacked, lengthways, or separately?
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #1206 on: September 15, 2017, 06:29:49 AM »
I bent my big toe up badly a couple weeks ago, still hurts sometimes if I landed tipeetoed, but now its a good hurt.

Friend got a sick clip yesterday!

And I got another trick I'm not particularly proud of for my friends video, seriously have like 2 tricks I'm actually stoked on but I guess at that rate it will take me 10 years for my part

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #1207 on: September 15, 2017, 09:10:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha separately. stacked would have been amazing.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #1210 on: September 15, 2017, 01:27:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

haha separately. stacked would have been amazing.
I'm picturing a lovers leap of squirrels.

Two in one trip is still pretty impressive. It wasn't the same one on the return trip, was it?

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #1213 on: September 26, 2017, 09:07:58 AM »
Seeing the Atlantic Drift crew fuck up 555 California street after getting off work. I always thought tom Knox was a tall dude, but he was pretty average sized, same with Casper. Seeing your heroes in the streets!!!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1214 on: September 26, 2017, 07:13:15 PM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #1215 on: October 15, 2017, 10:37:27 AM »
Switch flipped off a small 20'ish inch curb. Never have switch flipped anything. Thanks to my homie for providing with hype and encouragement. Proceeded to switch pop shove it, maybe next time I will succeed.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #1216 on: October 17, 2017, 01:35:08 PM »
frontside tailslides and the downhill ride home at the end of the day. city is getting repaved with nothing but smooth surfaces, so fun

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1217 on: October 17, 2017, 02:17:29 PM »
full kids park today but no more stranges knee pains during the hour i skated there, landed basics first try, even a bs fip on the lil eurogap in the kids' hurricane, stoked

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
« Reply #1218 on: October 17, 2017, 05:27:56 PM »
Went skating for a bit after work and saw this young kid at the park who lived in my neighborhood when I moved out for college in like 2011. He would always come over with his janky Spiderman skateboard whenever anyone was outside and would want to skate with my roommate and I. I hardly recognized him but he remembered that I helped him learn ollies and was super excited to show me that he was still into skating and could actually do a few tricks. Things like that honestly warm my lil' heart. <3

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #1219 on: October 19, 2017, 12:25:54 PM »
Learned slappies yesterday. Holy fuck, what a battle that's been. Years. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get the hang of it and it drove me crazy.

Found the perfect curb and the stars aligned. So, so happy. I've always wanted to slappy.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1220 on: October 26, 2017, 08:35:14 PM »
I currently only have one parking spot in my new place so when i come home from work i usually have to be the one to park in the street because my wife gets home sooner. Typically its hard to find a pot in the block but if i go around the corner there is so much space. I now purposely go around the corner to park and keep my cruiser board in the trunk and skate down to the house and do the same when i head to work. It sounds stupid but this has made me technically be on the board every single day and to me it makes a big difference when i actually go out to skate the park and don't feel stiff when i start warming up.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1221 on: October 26, 2017, 08:39:55 PM »
Learned slappies yesterday. Holy fuck, what a battle that's been. Years. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get the hang of it and it drove me crazy.

Found the perfect curb and the stars aligned. So, so happy. I've always wanted to slappy.

Mazel tov

Jonny Utah

• Rep: -32
« Reply #1222 on: October 27, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »

happy the battle is over for you man, similar story, I found one of those magical curbs this morning and finally got slappies down (:

shark tits

« Reply #1223 on: October 27, 2017, 12:34:22 PM »
free coffee friday at cumby's so i drank it at a doublesided curb.
from there i ollied some crosswalks and manholes and just enjoyed cruising to my diy.
once there i was working on a line [for myself] nollie bs 180, then a switch manny, turn around and boardslide pop to fakie on my L ledge. i got it but more importantly, the boardslide popout was brand new to me. [i learned the pop to regular a few wks back.]
afterwards i filled a water bottle i found on the ground and asked the grocer people for plastic bags. filled em w/ trash and got more. as i was dumping em in walgreens dumpster one of the workers came out and i held the trapdoor open for her.
i should do a missed connection 'i was homeless chic skateboarder w/ 2 bags of trash. you were sexy brunette in a walgreens smock w/ your own trash. we both smiled and thanked the other one. let's get lunch and make out.'

ImportantGuy

« Reply #1224 on: October 29, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
Reading boiltheocean

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
« Reply #1225 on: November 05, 2017, 07:36:06 PM »
Was playing a game of SKATE with a bunch of friends at once, and when it was my turn to set I had what may have been my best streak of tricks in a row. I did a bunch of tricks off the cuff that I haven't done in months, or maybe even years. I didn't even win the game, but I felt really good about it.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1226 on: November 05, 2017, 07:55:38 PM »
Wasn't today but on Saturday i went and hit my spots, took off down a new street and found a lake i had no idea was hidden away, went and sat on a bench for a while to rest my legs.

billyerlife

« Reply #1227 on: November 05, 2017, 10:06:35 PM »
Camaraderie. Went to an old man jam, lots of hooting and hollering, actually talking to people, I might of even made a friend. Felt like old times.

Mongoloid

« Reply #1228 on: November 24, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »
Starting the day after not skating for weeks, feeling like I was incapable of absolutely anything.

Ending the day trying to Hardflip a set of steps, stomping them, and having the younger dudes filming... all of this while wasted.

There's a thin line between feeling old, and the king of the world. You just gotta say "fuck it" in the in between.

Skateboarding is the single greatest activity there is.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 04:01:26 PM by Mongoloid »

billyerlife

« Reply #1229 on: November 24, 2017, 06:29:34 PM »
Did my first ollie in over 7 months. Broke my leg pretty bad in December and the recovery is slow. Even in the best case scenario the docs say it takes one year to be fully back to normal.

Anyway, I've been rolling around on a cruiser board for a while now and it feels pretty good. Went to a parking lot spot with some nice curbs with a mate and did a few 50-50s on a curb where you can just ride directly on it. No need to ollie or slappy. Slammed quite good on one of those on my hurt leg and my fucked up shoulder, but it just felt good taking that slam. I knew right away it didn't fuck anything up. Anyway, after cruising around the parking lot, grinding the curb a bit and doing a bunch of reverts i for some reason decided to try a flatground ollie. First few weren't really all that successful but then i pulled one off. Hurt my knee though. Did another one and it hurt my knee also. Cruised around some more and decided to try more and god damn i pulled one off that felt good. Not high at all, but it was proper and felt good and didn't hurt one bit. Did maybe 20 more, cruised around some more and came home.

I'm beyond stoked right now. I really feel like I'm finally coming back, that I'm gonna be able to skate again. It's these little steps in the recovery that normally wouldn't mean anything that get you so fucking fired up and happy and also helps motivate on keeping up with the recovery exercises and all.  :)

I have a titanium rod for a femur. I mean, there is probably some bone in there too I guess? But I smashed my leg to splinters is the point. It's been 16 years or so, I still love skating. I even got better for years after it happened (I'm horrible now, but that's for other reasons). Stick with it, you'll be fine.