Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173481 times)

matter of fact

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »
went out on my cruiser to clear my head, was really feeling the loose trucks, it was a great release.  did my first hippie jump over a non-skatepark obstacle, which was a realtor's sign that was in my street.  felt really cool.  did about a 150 foot nose manny, which feels really cool especially since my board's nose is 3-4 inches, so you can really dip it.  nothing like holding a good, long manual in that perfect pocket, feeling your balance come and go with the waving of your arms.  amazing.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »
Hippy jumps feeeeellll soooo good

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »
Oiled my new bearings and put big soft wheels on my board and for the first time I felt like me and my bum-fuck towns ground understand each other. Than went sitting in the water of a sandy beach while drinking beer.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 01:41:37 PM by Bronson »

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #273 on: June 12, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »
Spending all day and night at a spot in the middle of the city. It's this small plaza with a big granite blog going up, so you can grind up, or manual up and down again. Then a couple of small curbs around it. The ground there is amazing, perfect flatground sessions for hours. People walk by there all the time, its like in the middle of the mainstreet, but we are not being thrown away by cops, it seems like everybody likes us being there and just hanging out. At least a couple of times a day, someone random want's to try your board, and they ends up taking the slam of their life within seconds. Good fun! Just a nice vibe, and it has been some great days hanging out at that spot this week.

This is the best photo Google could find me, and it still sucks. But, that type of curb, with some smaller straight ones around it.

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #274 on: June 12, 2011, 05:57:37 PM »
A friend of mine had the brilliance to go and paint a bunch of curbs on this backwoods industrial street the other night and have a slappy session today.  Most fun I've had in months (years maybe?).  Thanks Lyndsey!

A.J.K.

« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2011, 06:18:15 PM »
Already posted this in the things you're stoked on thread, but me and my friend met up the skatepark and had a bit of a sesh, then we left to go skate this school that has some ledges and a many pad.  Upon getting there we realize its pretty shitty so we just end up bombing some hills instead.  At the bottom the hill we see the opening of a trail, so we start walking along this trail checking shit out and its pretty much all down hill on super smooth pavement, running through a forest.  Pretty sketchy considering the amount of sticks and rotting leaves everywhere but so much fun.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2011, 09:37:02 PM »
Finally figured out how to flip hardflips again and noticed that they're way easier to stay over fakie. Now to figure out how to land one.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2011, 10:40:31 PM »
had a really long session with a good friend at the park. spent 10 minutes skating, then 10 minutes gabbing on some bullshit, and then back to skating, over and over. it was a fun, relaxed pace unlike when i normally go to the park and just try to skate as "non-stop" as possible.
@idealhandmades

bandini

« Reply #278 on: June 16, 2011, 11:38:12 AM »
8-hour session (5:30pm-1:30am) with the bros at spots all over the sacramento area. Fucking stoked on warm nights at last. That was one long winter.

DCisCool

• Rep: 0
« Reply #279 on: June 16, 2011, 11:46:28 AM »
probably the berrics :)

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #280 on: June 16, 2011, 11:59:20 AM »
Great, and long day skating. I meet up with my homie after he came back home after probably two months, because of school, and we went skating in the biggest heat outside. Then went for some chinese food, and back skating ,and I did a few long switch crooked grinds, been feeling that trick a lot lately.

NegativeCreep

« Reply #281 on: June 16, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
Figuring out new tricks and accidentally doing one with style. I've started doing lipslides on ledges at the park, like where you slide you're wheels on top and I was having trouble getting out of them. was kinda just running out of momentum and falling off the ledge all shitty. Then I locked into one and did a strange shove/nollie with my front foot and popped out of it without popping at all. Felt so good rolling away without the sketchiness I was accustomed to. The best part I guess is feeling like I'm still making progress in my old age. Makes me wanna roll.

Isaiah Kemp

• Rep: 7
« Reply #282 on: June 16, 2011, 12:53:45 PM »
Until my new deck comes in, I've just been cruising around. Found a couple semi- skateable benches at this elementary school in the area. I need to go up there and wax the other side of them, since the side that is waxed have chunks taken out of them. Didn't do too much, just FS 50-50 Nollie BS Big Spin out, which is kind of my go-to ledge trick. Tried FS tailslide but I could barely pop because of my right knee acting up.

jimi420

« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »
I skated until I puked yesterday. I didn't have anything to drink so I was pretty dehydrated. Learned no comply 180s on a mini. I also learned how to pop into front 5-0 and front smith on mini. I went off a kicker for the first time in my life and it feels so good. I'm actually getting good enough to where I feel comfortable.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #284 on: June 16, 2011, 09:04:33 PM »
spending like an hour and a half on a flip back tail
Did you get it? I hope so.

I had fun today, learned switch backside bigspins on flat. For some reason that tricks always been super hard to me.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #285 on: June 16, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »
Learning Hardflips. I hope to have em down sometime next week. I'm pretty stoked on that because hardflips was always one of those tricks that I always day-dreamed of learning. Plus I can barely front shuv but somehow the hardflips come around pretty nice.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2011, 09:14:26 PM »
is drinking beer an aspect of skateboarding?
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2011, 02:03:10 AM »
Expand Quote
spending like an hour and a half on a flip back tail
[close]
Did you get it? I hope so.

I had fun today, learned switch backside bigspins on flat. For some reason that tricks always been super hard to me.

i find all switch back 180 tricks so confusing, just understand what to do with myself HA

My favourite bit of yesterdays session was just fucking arround at the end, everyone judt doing propper kooky tricks like 360 hippy jumps over rails, one foot manuals sessioning a wallie wall like a quater pipe and all that, so much more chilled and fun than missioning for a trick earlier in the day

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2011, 04:51:06 PM »
fakie 5-0'd an up ledge. up ledge in general was super fun

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2011, 05:16:27 PM »
I'm normally kind of a park rat, but today I went street skating with one of my friends. Hit up a good ledge spot, followed by a nice bank spot. Now I'm gonna go drink beers.

is drinking beer an aspect of skateboarding?

Yes.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2011, 05:24:52 AM »
went with a few friends to this super new park thats not technically even open yet, park was nice but everyone there was a prick, bieng all "holier than though" and snooty and shit. theyd get all agro and out of nowhere shout "get out of my fucking way im filming atrick" when we wernt even nearly in the way etc, after a while we were al like "fuck this" and went to an old shitty park and sessioned that instead, session got fun from there on and i learnt how to 50-50 nollie back 180 out on a high ledge, sessioned a steep flatbank for hours. slammed really hard on some weird crossbreed of handrail and hubba, can barely walk today but it feels good to have really gone for it yesterday

Kitto Horsley

« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2011, 05:45:01 AM »
Really chilled session at the park but got a fully decked rock and roll on the 7 foot quarter and back feeble on an up ledge. It was fun to just skate and then chill with friends rather than having to 'preform'.  Spent the evening watching krooked 3D.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2011, 05:50:24 AM »
Really chilled session at the park but got a fully decked rock and roll on the 7 foot quarter and back feeble on an up ledge. It was fun to just skate and then chill with friends rather than having to 'preform'.?  Spent the evening watching krooked 3D.

sounds good to me

Isaiah Kemp

« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2011, 07:57:13 AM »
Yesterday after getting a few long noseslides in, I thought I'd try frontside smith grinds on the new ledge spot I've been hitting up. Lucky me sprained my ankle pretty badly. Was a decent session otherwise though, apart from me hobbling around today.

Isaiah Kemp

« Reply #294 on: July 02, 2011, 07:14:42 PM »

Skated this ditch today, got a nice kickflip fakie going. I want to dry up that water in the middle so I can get a little more speed from the other side though, trying to get a no comply tailslide or something.

steve martin

• Rep: 0
« Reply #295 on: July 02, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »
Steve Martins drunks guys!

BraveUlysses

« Reply #296 on: July 02, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »
Steve Martins drunks guys!
Fuck Steve Martin

7plyskate

• Rep: -1
« Reply #297 on: July 02, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »
I got the chance to get a solid sesh in with my friend Dan that I haven't seen in a year, so that was definitely the most enjoyable part of skating today for me.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #298 on: July 02, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »
using the cruiser all day, almost eating shit bombing a hill holding a subway pizza in one hand and a very full dr.pepper in the other hand. and now skating to the local divebar, called Divebar.
@idealhandmades

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #299 on: July 02, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »
i heelflipped up the 3 stair at the skatepark, didn't really expect it.