Author Topic: huf shoes?  (Read 7278 times)

tre killa

huf shoes?
« on: March 08, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »
I really want to get these http://www.hufsf.com/#/current/southern%20black%20canvas/ when I get enough money but am wondering if there worth the sixty bucks plus shipping?

negro

Re: huf shoes?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:14:05 PM »
theyre canvas so theyre likely to rip after one session, if you get the suede model then yes, worth the money

tre killa

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »
I know that I was just wondering like arch and comfort wise.

spare change

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:05:19 PM »
They make comfy durable shoes.The southerns we have are suede up front and canvas in back.
They fit well and I like knowing my money went back to a skater owned brand.
The insoles are beefy and it is my only complaint.I switched mine out and theyre great.
I haven't skated the southern yet but I plan to.
So far have had the genuine and choice and both were great.
Grippy sole that lasted and durable suede.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 09:15:16 PM »
I would like these:

http://www.hufsf.com/#/current/tahoe black suede/
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
I have been skating some choices and they are awesome. The insoles are really comfy. I would recommend them.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

Sk8er4lifer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 02:04:09 PM »
The Huf 1 is my next shoe buy for sure. Straight Blk on Blk joints. http://www.hufsf.com/#/current/huf%201%20black%20white%20suede/

brokenheadphone

• Rep: -3
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »
The HUF1s look like they might be pretty good. Basically a dunk/half cab ripoff I guess.

All the other models look like they'd be too thin/floppy for me.

Paying $60+ for any canvas shoes, even if you're not going to skate them, seems stupid.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 04:00:39 AM »
I have been skating some choices and they are awesome. The insoles are really comfy. I would recommend them.

i bought a pair of them, walked around abit and realised that the straps were rubbing on my foot prety bad so i returned em, not impressed

Albinskejt

• Rep: -6
  • Japp
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 07:07:44 AM »
Just got a pair of Choice?s, the insole was way too thick so i had to change them for another pair but everything else feels good.
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

PTDK

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i bought a pair of them, walked around abit and realised that the straps were rubbing on my foot prety bad so i returned em, not impressed

I have been meaning to come back here to amend this post. The GF is out of town so I have been skating every night and got super bad blisters on my heals. The fit was fine on the shoes, but the fabric on the heal got ripped up and the rubber heal support was just rubbing the whole time I was skating. I take back my recommendation. I only skated in these things like 5 times.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have been meaning to come back here to amend this post. The GF is out of town so I have been skating every night and got super bad blisters on my heals. The fit was fine on the shoes, but the fabric on the heal got ripped up and the rubber heal support was just rubbing the whole time I was skating. I take back my recommendation. I only skated in these things like 5 times.

damn man, that definitely sucks. Maybe they were just defective, or a bad batch? No way to know for sure I guess.

Also: if these were suede and not canvas they'd be an insta-buy http://www.hufsf.com/#/current/huf 1 brown canvas/

has anyone had bad experiences with the huf1? because if the heel gives out like PTDK's choices did then I don't wanna spend the money on them.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

brokenheadphone

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 10:17:01 AM »
The fit was fine on the shoes, but the fabric on the heal got ripped up and the rubber heal support was just rubbing the whole time I was skating.

That happens on a lot of thin vulc shoes, even if you're not skating them. Especially Vans, Chuck Taylors, PF Flyers, etc. Eventually the rubber thing starts cracking and it scrapes the heel of your foot even more.

PTDK

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »
Expand Quote
The fit was fine on the shoes, but the fabric on the heal got ripped up and the rubber heal support was just rubbing the whole time I was skating.
[close]

That happens on a lot of thin vulc shoes, even if you're not skating them. Especially Vans, Chuck Taylors, PF Flyers, etc. Eventually the rubber thing starts cracking and it scrapes the heel of your foot even more.

Yea but not after 5 skate sessions. I'm not totally against huf now. They are a new shoe company so I am sure they are still figuring stuff out with the factory and designs.

Just curious.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 09:15:04 AM »
I put duct tape inside the heels of almost every shoe I skate. Cuts down on the heel blisters and if you do it right, it's pretty smooth.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

voltronarm

• Rep: 2
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 12:25:34 AM »
anyone know who's on the huf shoe team?

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 05:19:02 AM »

Huf himself, Nate Broussard, Brad Cromer and - word around the 'HUF Footwear thread' http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=45011.150 -, puts Kevin Coakley also on.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:20:42 AM by Cosme »

voltronarm

• Rep: 2
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 08:33:47 AM »
theyre canvas so theyre likely to rip after one session, if you get the suede model then yes, worth the money

i dunno, i hear you on canvas durability, however, some of my favorite shoes ever were canvases that busted through first sesh. i like the low weight of canvas. i just shoe-gooed 'em and kept skating them for weeks more. the main ones that come to mind are the early CONS CTS canvas colorways, the black/white & white/white lows and my all time favorites: the waxed blue/white mids. i'm psyched on CONS bringing back canvas colorways for the spring. however, the ones coming out now don't have the solid rubber toecap like the 1st season's did-- may affect durability/flick. 

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Huf himself, Nate Broussard, Brad Cromer and - word around the 'HUF Footwear thread' http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=45011.150 -, puts Kevin Coakley also on.
according to Skateboarder Johan Stuckey and Christian Willis are aslo on.

tre killa

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »
arron herrington and nathan porter are always in there commercials but are not on there team page? They must not have an am page up yet or something. I guese stranger is on too which is fucking awesome.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 01:54:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
arron herrington and nathan porter are always in there commercials but are not on there team page? They must not have an am page up yet or something. I guese stranger is on too which is fucking awesome.

pretty sure you're just looking at the huf store team.

Albinskejt

• Rep: -6
  • Japp
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 01:57:09 PM »
Been skating the choice's for a couple of days now, money well spent. Thinking of trying the ones that hides the laces next, can't remember what they're called
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:58:45 PM by Albinskejt »
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 07:03:44 PM »

VictoriousOG

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 08:12:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
according to Skateboarder Johan Stuckey and Christian Willis are aslo on.
This dude is so good.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Ollie through the hole in the wall is intense.

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 08:16:42 PM »
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/21419905" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/21419905">On The Road Again</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/alexpelletier">Alex Pelletier</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Coakley on HUF is a good look. 1:30

spare change

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »
Not that it needed any help but even more stoked on huf now.

BKSB

• Rep: 1
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 03:21:22 AM »
Huf shoes are dope, we just got them over here in the UK and a lot of people seem to be riding them lately.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 10:30:43 PM »
I have the Huf 1 in brown canvas and they are way to bulky for skating, I wear them when I am not skating, they are comfy, would like to try out the Huffnagel pro model in canvas.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1612
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 07:56:25 PM »
I'm skating these ^ and they are better than a telford, worse than a dunk.  The sole is really hard which in some ways is good but in other ways not so good.  I'd wear 'em around a bit before you skate in them, just to get used to how they feel.  I think the price point is decent and I like what they're doing so I might get another pair. 

5onthat

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 11:30:14 PM »
i got the genuines and they are skating really good. for a low profile shoe the padding on the heel is really good.