Author Topic: Biggest pet peeves while skating.  (Read 35106 times)

jimi420

Re: Biggest pet peeves while skating.
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2011, 08:55:07 PM »
shoes that are just too thrashed to skate
especially when you're too broke to buy new ones so you have to put cardboard under the hole to keep the grip from destroying your foot.

RajeevWins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2011, 10:54:59 PM »
Expand Quote
shoes that are just too thrashed to skate
[close]
especially when you're too broke to buy new ones so you have to put cardboard under the hole to keep the grip from destroying your foot.

haha i always used to cut a square from a old black beanie and shoe goo that bad boy right on the inside

i came up through the "niggas don't skate days"

tre killa

« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2011, 03:04:52 PM »
Dirty, scratched, or worn out griptape, felling like you need to set up a new board after only skating it for a week, kids asking me to play skate, obnoxius drivers, side walks i dont know why but i just hate skating on it nothin beats skating in the street, new shoes and old board combo, shitty spots.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2011, 05:21:59 PM »
i suspect this is a unique pet peeve but here goes. for some reason my front left wheel wears out into a cone really really quickly, while the other wheels barely show any damage at all. i dont understand why and its always annoyed the hell out of me.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »
spots with sidewalk run ups
small wheels while skating those spots

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2011, 07:00:24 PM »
i suspect this is a unique pet peeve but here goes. for some reason my front left wheel wears out into a cone really really quickly, while the other wheels barely show any damage at all. i dont understand why and its always annoyed the hell out of me.

slightly bent/slipped axle, maybe? unless you've tried multiple sets of trucks..

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2011, 07:12:19 PM »
skateboarders

jimi420

« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »
When someone calls you while you're skating and when you tell them you're skating they keep talking.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2011, 08:35:53 PM »
parks/spots that get really dusty/slippery
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Perro Mojado

• Rep: 21
    • flickr avatar image
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »
thinking

landCow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2011, 09:37:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

slightly bent/slipped axle, maybe? unless you've tried multiple sets of trucks..

nope every set of trucks from a few different companies, every set of wheels and every board I've had since i started skating has done the same thing. it has to be something to do with how i skate or distribute my weight or something. its a bit strange.

Russel Crowe

• Rep: -11
  • Live and die with your stupid ideas
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2011, 09:40:42 PM »
dirty/dusty grip. grip cutting my thumb, shoes that arent snug.

BriDen

« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2011, 10:04:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

nope every set of trucks from a few different companies, every set of wheels and every board I've had since i started skating has done the same thing. it has to be something to do with how i skate or distribute my weight or something. its a bit strange.

Yeah, sounds like the way you turn more often; frontside for regs or backside if youre goofy.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2011, 12:27:41 AM »
People playing a game of skate in the middle of the park.
Just fucking take it to the car park already.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2011, 05:45:16 PM »
when people do tricks that im assuming most skaters would consider kookish get a lot of legitimate clapping for. perfect example... the other day this dude is doing 5050 no grab airwalk out on the ledge, and people just eat that shit up

BriDen

« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2011, 10:57:23 PM »
Yeah, fuck having fun at a skatepark.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2011, 12:50:24 AM »
when people do tricks that im assuming most skaters would consider kookish get a lot of legitimate clapping for. perfect example... the other day this dude is doing 5050 no grab airwalk out on the ledge, and people just eat that shit up

having fun! goofing around! fuck that shit this skating thing is super serious!

93til....

• Rep: 1
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2011, 07:08:57 AM »
*At Parks. 1-That kid wearing his ipod that is completely oblivious to everyone else (doesn't even hear you tell him to Fuck himself when he whizzes by and barges). 2-13 year olds asking me for cigarettes. 3-Mr. Style: that dude who tries the same trick ALL DAY, and is clearly obsessed with how it looks. Never comes close to landing it, just looks like the same effort, looped. 4-When I can't tell if all those greasy loud mouths hanging in the corner are boys or girls. 5-When people try to start shit with little kids, kids who suck at skating or girls. 6- One-upers.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2011, 12:06:08 PM »
13 year olds asking me for cigarettes. 
yeah, that's pretty annoying. I usually just say no though, I don't mind them thinking I'm a prick.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2011, 09:16:35 AM »
when ive been skating for a while, get all sweaty, then a bead of sweat thats hanging off my hair swings round and stabs me in the eye, maybe i need a haircut

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2011, 09:56:28 AM »
Hot girls walking by the spot and you can't land a freaking trick.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:59:39 AM by ChildOfTheBurbs »

kevbo999

« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2011, 03:28:48 PM »
I'm skating Lakaightning cupsoles right now, and I shouldn't bitch because they were super cheap.. but what's the point of making skate shoes with literally no grip.  Brand new or worn in, your feet are slipping everywhere.  With most skate shoes the board kinda sticks to your feet, with these you either have to do the trick perfectly or bail.

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2011, 04:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, sounds like the way you turn more often; frontside for regs or backside if youre goofy.
i have this too! though it doesn't happen really really quickly, though you can see it starting after a week or so

landCow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2011, 03:44:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
i have this too! though it doesn't happen really really quickly, though you can see it starting after a week or so

haha awesome, i'm not alone! 

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2011, 03:56:46 AM »
it's even the same wheel. you goofy?

landCow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2011, 03:11:54 AM »
yeah i'm goofy and its always the same, the front left wheel.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2011, 04:49:10 AM »
I'm regular and its currently happening to my front right wheel.

timothy limsana

« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2011, 07:22:33 AM »
shoeleaces get untied
holes in the knees of pants

thugnificent

« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2011, 07:39:23 AM »
im goofy and both left side wheels are like 4 mm smaller than right side wheels. i think it might have been from learning backside 180's i dunno

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »
when ive been skating for a while, get all sweaty, then a bead of sweat thats hanging off my hair swings round and stabs me in the eye, maybe i need a haircut

this. especially when pushing or popping for a trick. popping for a trick and going blind is scary on just about anything

im probably lying