Author Topic: Biggest pet peeves while skating.  (Read 35101 times)

Eskorbut0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
  • Be careful what you wish for
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Biggest pet peeves while skating.
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2011, 02:55:09 PM »
kids saying "this one's for you" gets pretty fucking annoying

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2011, 01:49:20 AM »

when ever anybody says that they wont land the trick

aleksander

• Rep: 124
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

when ever anybody says that they wont land the trick

A good thing to say to kids is to ask them "Wanna see me eat shit?" They always say yes. Then you kneel down and cup your hands and say "Ok, shit into my hands." It freaks everyone out and no one laughs.
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

Diogenes

• Rep: 10
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2011, 05:48:39 PM »
Not landing tricks?

No, really though, frequently losing basic tricks.
I have nothing to ask but that you would remove to the other side, that you may not, by intercepting the sunshine, take from me what you cannot give?

-Diogenes 412 BC-323 BC

Upon being told by Alexander The Great if there were anything in the world he wished for, he could have it.

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2011, 08:03:04 PM »
People that dont skate.
People that vacation to the skatepark.
The other day the park was me and my friends then this family showed up and it was nothing but yelling and kids getting spanked.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2011, 01:52:01 PM »
people that bring their borderline toddler age kids to the park.
they've just learned how to run without falling down a week ago, they aren't aware of whats going on outside of whatever they're currently picking out of their noses, nevermind their immediate surroundings, and yet somehow letting them play in a concrete cage with other people traveling a high speeds on a multitude of wooden or metal modes of transit, seems like a good idea.

Do these people ever bring their kids to a football game and let them play on the field while the games going on?

Having said that, most of the time even I don't know whats going on outside of my nosepicking.
@idealhandmades

djtraceman610

• Rep: 38
« Reply #186 on: June 07, 2011, 07:08:34 AM »
Dirty griptape

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2011, 08:15:15 AM »
i suspect this is a unique pet peeve but here goes. for some reason my front left wheel wears out into a cone really really quickly, while the other wheels barely show any damage at all. i dont understand why and its always annoyed the hell out of me.

I'm regular footed and I got something similar on my front right wheel. I often land with too much lean on my toes and left foot which results in wheelbite and also makes the wheel faster  to wear into cone.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #188 on: June 07, 2011, 08:37:55 AM »
Expand Quote
i suspect this is a unique pet peeve but here goes. for some reason my front left wheel wears out into a cone really really quickly, while the other wheels barely show any damage at all. i dont understand why and its always annoyed the hell out of me.
[close]

I'm regular footed and I got something similar on my front right wheel. I often land with too much lean on my toes and left foot which results in wheelbite and also makes the wheel faster  to wear into cone.

Same here, I switch the wheel position almost every two weeks, so they are equal.

dankradschwag

« Reply #189 on: June 07, 2011, 08:56:53 AM »
park rangers that close the skatepark bc ppl were skating the "unfinished" bowl

RRRRRAD

« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
headphones

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2011, 10:33:38 AM »
headphones

Mike Carroll put it best when he explained that skating with headphones in is basically telling everyone around you "I'M not skating with YOU."
@idealhandmades

rmoto

« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2011, 10:54:24 PM »
when one of my bearings doesnt roll very well

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2011, 02:13:37 AM »
People wanting to use/"try" your board. Fuck off, use your own. Its the same thing.

Girlfriend wanting to watch me skate. I dont like people watching in general, however supportive they may be.

http://shrt.fm/iZWN5D

i love this, because my board is so sketchy and loose that as soon as anyone steps on it they fall off prety much straight away

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2011, 03:50:06 AM »
Kids always want to see a "tre" these days, mostly people who don?t skate. DO A TRE!
It used to be a kickflip, maybe even an ollie.
Switch tre next?

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2011, 08:21:01 PM »
Kids always want to see a "tre" these days, mostly people who don?t skate. DO A TRE!
Switch tre next?

do a 900 hundred was pretty big for a while

jimi420

« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2011, 08:44:30 AM »
Expand Quote
People wanting to use/"try" your board. Fuck off, use your own. Its the same thing.

Girlfriend wanting to watch me skate. I dont like people watching in general, however supportive they may be.

http://shrt.fm/iZWN5D
[close]

i love this, because my board is so sketchy and loose that as soon as anyone steps on it they fall off prety much straight away
I tend to bring my lady skating with me but what's most annoying is when they say something to you right as your about to pop.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2011, 09:14:55 AM »
there was a kid at the park screaming "banging" whenever someone did land a trick... shit bummed me out.
he wanted to play skate with me later that day... after refusing, i decide to do him the favour since i remember beeing a kid myself.... he called a "no foot on the ground" when i did a no comply. shit felt terrible, i asked him if berra and his megaphone are around watching us. he didn't understood my point of view. when he did the re-do finger sign after some sketchy trick - i left the park.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:22:44 AM by pica »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
Little kids will be liitle kids you shouldn't let that stop you from enjoying yourself. Story was mad funny though haha.

7plyskate

• Rep: -1
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »
-Learning a trick and having it good for a day or two and then losing it after one day of not doing it.
-When friends skate with headphones
-Being fake filmed
-When people talk shit on skating transition
-When people sit on benches and boxes at skateparks and get offended when you ask them to move

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2011, 06:40:28 AM »
-Learning a trick and having it good for a day or two and then losing it after one day of not doing it.
-When friends skate with headphones
-Being fake filmed
-When people talk shit on skating transition
-When people sit on benches and boxes at skateparks and get offended when you ask them to move
this

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »
Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but jacked skate shoes it is. The board can be chipped, or the wheels can be the size of a bearing, but I must have a not blown out shoe for skating. Past few weeks I have been skating in a really thrashed shoes and my feet hurt after every session.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2011, 10:37:29 PM »
getting little shit stuck on the grip drives me crazy, always happens within the first week of having the board and then its permanent.
smooth parks (like astoria in queens) where little pebbles that would be no problem on pavement or sidewalks pretty much become instant brakes on my wheels.

Matty T

• Rep: 54
  • You don't stand a chance.
« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2011, 12:37:53 AM »
Kicking a trick away and it just so happens to do the rotation of another flip.  Then my well meaning friends say "Oh, nice.  BS 360 double flip underflip! DERP."   
Would you ever let a chick piss on you? I would do it in a fuckin' heartbeat.

nickfrink

• Rep: -9
« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2011, 10:13:03 AM »
-When that "Twisted Ankle" you thought would heal up and be skateable in twenty minutes ends up being a 2 month injury break
-Super Civilians (Those people who are dicks to you, write down your license plates, call the cops all in the name of the "common good")
-Choose 3 tricks you have ON LOCK for a line, takes an hour to actually land it
-"Dude, just LAND IT!" Thanks assholes, if only I had thought of that for the last hour on this trick T_T
-People who focus their boards and don't have another lined up, especially on trips
-Scratch the last one, people who get pissed when they skate and it's NOT filming. I mean, when you film you feel like you need to get it because of the time, tape, and possibly money (If it's out of town spot) and also because you're most likely trying to film for an edit or a video. but when you're just skating a park with homies, getting butthurt just ruins the whole vibe.
-Defects within 72 hours of purchased product (Broken or extremely water-logged boards, torn shoes, flatspots, etc)
-People who talk shit but don't have anything to back their words up with. Lots of guys at my park get buzzed and yell at people to do regular tricks, make fun of you if you can't do it, and if you tell them to try it themselves, they scoff and say it's way too hard.
-When the skatepark becomes a daycare
-Get better at a trick at a skatepark in hopes to take it down a specific spot, lose that trick the day you actually go to the spot

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2011, 07:13:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Switch tre next?
[close]

do a 900 hundred was pretty big for a while

where I live it's always been "do a mctwist on the quarterpipe" for some dumb reason

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2011, 11:58:39 PM »
stepping in gum at the skatepark.......who the fuck spits gum on the floor at the skatepark as i imagine that i'm not the only getting pissed off when i get gum on my griptape.

probably those fucking scooter kids with their ridiculous 500 dollar scooters.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2011, 07:57:53 AM »
My latest one is little kids wanting to drink my water or trying to drink it without asking me. First of all, bring your own fucking water to the park, I manage to do it every day. And secondly, who the fuck drinks out of a random bottle of water that they have no idea where its from or whats in it. I feel like putting rat poison in it next time.

A woman who looked like a borderline smackhead came up to me the other day and asked if one of her pikey kids could have some of my water. No, he fucking can't. I don't want his filthy little mouth over my bottle. Care for your own damn children.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2011, 08:00:14 AM »
thats reminded me, the shop near the park only sells cans, no bottles.

if i open said can take a sip and put it down, when i come back to have another sip there will be at least 2 wasps drowning in there.....great

kevbo999

« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2011, 05:08:59 PM »
Holy shit never thought of that.  Wasps are all over my park's "drink ledge" too.  Wonder how many kids learned that lesson the hard way.