Author Topic: Biggest pet peeves while skating.  (Read 35102 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
Re: Biggest pet peeves while skating.
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »
Flat feet. God they're the worst thing ever and there's nothing that you can do about it.

BriDen

« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2011, 11:56:56 PM »
thats reminded me, the shop near the park only sells cans, no bottles.

if i open said can take a sip and put it down, when i come back to have another sip there will be at least 2 wasps drowning in there.....great

Next time you walk away, turn the pop tab around before setting it down, like the bottom right pic:

finknoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2011, 01:33:52 PM »
OH MY GOD, how the fuck didnt i think of that, many thanks briden

TheDonutFather

• Rep: -3
    • DOUBLE DONUTS. avatar image
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »
Fucking skating around yuppy areas aka Brotropolis where red skinned frat lord heroes in cargo shorts, sandals and half buttoned up sequined Ed hardy shirts go 'hey dude! BRO! do a trick! HEEEEY! do you hear me?! You're not gonna do nothin?! YOU'RE A FAGGOT/COWARD!!!!!' This has happened on MULTIPLE occasions.

Hot ass humid death weather is the worst.

JonErik

• Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »
Boners. I can't skate with them.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »
Kids spitting at the spot/spitting in general.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #216 on: August 15, 2011, 12:56:51 PM »
getting really sweaty in this humid-ass swamp weather and having my glasses fall off every time I land anything.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

pollutedvision

« Reply #217 on: August 15, 2011, 01:04:24 PM »
A guilty conscience

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #218 on: August 15, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »
people who just want to talk.  especially if it's about their personal problems
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2011, 02:02:35 PM »
people who just want to talk.  especially if it's about their personal problems

Holy shit. I have one friend in particular who's especially bad for this. Every time I roll away to try a trick I leave him standing there in the middle of some brutal speech about money/his girlfriend/work. It's such a downer and it makes me feel like a jerk because I've been friends with the guy for almost all our lives.

I'll talk about whatever after the session's done, but I go skating to get away from that shit.

achis123

« Reply #220 on: August 15, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »
this is probably abd but the random fat kid on a scooter/huffy at a skatepark thats jacking around with full pads on and getting in everyone's way and then you finally tell him off only to find out that his dad can hear the whole lashing...and doesn't like what your saying...yeah major pet peeve!

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #221 on: August 15, 2011, 08:17:12 PM »
when im skating to the skate park and i eat shit in traffic, especially since i just go with traffic so when i eat shit people just honk or laugh

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2011, 02:20:54 AM »
when something goes wrong with your board and you dont have a tool/spare part.

achis123

« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
when im skating to the skate park and i eat shit in traffic, especially since i just go with traffic so when i eat shit people just honk or laugh
dang thats a good one I havent done that in traffic but I've done that in front of jocks just cruising and I hit a pebble...not fun lol

larry.

• Rep: -5
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2011, 01:53:51 PM »
The kids saying your board sucks and that you should ride element boards instead

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2011, 02:11:47 AM »
The kids saying your board sucks and that you should ride element boards instead

HA ive never even hurd of anything like this, the closest is kids trying to ride my board and tripping out over how lose the trucks are and saying i should tighten them

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2011, 06:25:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HA ive never even hurd of anything like this, the closest is kids trying to ride my board and tripping out over how lose the trucks are and saying i should tighten them
hahaha yeah, pretty much every time I go to the skate park now some kid will ask to borrow my board, and geek out about how wide the board is and how loose the trucks are. by the time I take it back, they usually like it better than their own setup.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Molusk One

« Reply #227 on: August 29, 2011, 02:44:53 AM »
Parents treating a skatepark like a playground, and not supervising their toddler children. Seriously, this is a huge problem at my local. They sit there sipping wine, having a jolly old picnic, while their kids who can barely walk cluelessly wander around the park, cutting people off, not looking where the fuck they go, while there are grown men trying to skate at top speed. It's fucking dangerous and neglectful and pisses me off. I imagine that they think a skatepark is for kids and that if anything goes wrong it's the older skaters fault. Fucking morons.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #228 on: August 29, 2011, 06:20:41 AM »
Mostly abp but here goes. spitting, standing in chewing gum then your board, kids sitting on ledges, neglectful parents leaving there sprogs to run around your park, breaking a kingpin and spending thirty minutes sorting it with the only spare one you have then breaking the other, hitting stones, rolling ankles, skating with gloves on in the winter, wasps, bmxers who never land anything but continually do circuits in the park while you stand there waiting for them to fuck off. could go on all day, maybe I should quit skating or just be a bit less grumpy

Extremely Sorry

• Rep: -2
  • Harsh.
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2011, 06:41:46 AM »
Parents treating a skatepark like a playground,
Oh my god, every park around me is like this.  There'll be three skaters, a kid on a bike, a dozen kids on scooters, and about fifty kids galavanting around the already overcrowded park.  When the skaters try to ask them to go the the park down the fucking street, they'll have a tyrade at you claiming the park is a "Multi use facility" and that they can do whatever they want. "Multi use facility" doesn't fucking stand for Playground...
I also hate the BMX kids lurking around the park, shouting at you to do tricks, and if you don't land it, they'll make every effort to get in your way the rest of your session. Some of the tricks are made up too. Yesterday I was asked to do a 'Switch double cat flip". Sieriously Bike kids, what's your problem?

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »
People talking about how 'real' skateboarders don't learn or practice their tricks, and by doing the tricks you have all the time your not a real skateboarder. Then complaining about people who learn a trick, film it, then never do that trick again.

An older friend of mine complains about these two all the time and it seems so hypocritical.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2011, 01:29:42 PM »
Kids spitting at the spot/spitting in general.
we just 86'd a kid for that the other day. little fucker kept spitting down the rollin, and no matter how many people asked him to stop, and explained that nobody wants to slide out and slam because of a loogie at the bottom of the rollin, he just didn't get it.

tossing his board over the wall and telling him leave drove the point home, though.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »
- The friend who is like "hey, that *insert board brand* you have sucks" fuck you, Im loving it
- underwear that rides up
- messing up on your go tos
- people who rag on you for not being able to do some trick thats easy to them. I can do more tricks that you cant do than vice versa, come on
- trying some trick that involses a 180 and you have a misfire and you just do the trick without the 180
- misfiring your tricks in general, you set up for nollie bs flip and do a floppy fish in midair
- rocks in shoes
- messing up your perfect grip job

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Molusk One

« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2011, 03:09:27 PM »
Socks that don't stay taught, and go all wrinkly in your shoes. Sounds like nothing but it really bugs me. Also, that story Marginal Way just posted was amazing. Truly inspiring!

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »
Socks that don't stay taught, and go all wrinkly in your shoes. Sounds like nothing but it really bugs me. Also, that story Marginal Way just posted was amazing. Truly inspiring!

^ this and when they get all thin or scratchy in the heel/Achilles area.
@idealhandmades

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2011, 06:08:28 PM »
and when the lining of your shoe in that area blows out. HATE THAT.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #236 on: August 30, 2011, 05:27:45 PM »
12 year olds lurking the park with a carton of beer at 12pm on a school day.

jimi420

« Reply #237 on: August 30, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »
When I'm trying to learn a trick on a ledge and someone says "Just do it on the end of the ledge so you don't have to do it as long." It just bothers me because it's like I'm not even doing it. If I'm going to learn something new it has to be long or I just feel like I'm not learning it right. Oh and when your shoe rubs your Achilles. that sucks.

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2011, 12:06:25 PM »
i dont realy understand why people bitch about headphones, its not like when your skating your having an on going in depth conversation, just a few words here and there, why not jam while skating?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:12:12 PM by IskateBaker »
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »
ten reasons why skating with headphones sucks....

1-it's isolationist.
2-people wearing headphones can't hear people coming up behind them, and inadvertently snake people constantly.
3-if you're not hearing the sounds your skateboard makes, you're missing out.
4-standing atop/in the line to an obstacle, scrolling through a playlist, looking for that "perfect track."
5-kids who go "check out this song," then hold their waxy earbud in your face.
6-99.9% of kids wearing headphones while skateboarding suck at skateboarding.
7-headphone kid sitting on the ledge, not hearing you asking him to move from across the park.
8-they're probably listening to shitty music, anyway.
9-the earbud fall out, wire juggle, reinsert move. do you kids have any idea how stupid that shit looks?
10-carroll said it best (i'm paraphrasing) "wearing headphones says, 'oh, i'm skating, i'm just not skating with you.'"