Author Topic: Consolidated before the Anti Nike campaign  (Read 2319 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Consolidated before the Anti Nike campaign
« on: September 29, 2006, 04:22:01 AM »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ciaran

• Rep: 22
Re: Consolidated before the Anti Nike campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 05:10:13 AM »
Phil Lynnott used live down the road from me.

Rad montage that.

kessel

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 06:17:09 AM »
got pretty intense at the end when they where doing crazy stalls on a ramp to door

kaufmaner

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 06:30:58 AM »
consolidated was so sick a few years back
they had the best graphics and ads IMO
they are shit now, making board in china and that anti nike thing

neon blitz

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 07:24:36 AM »
Level Playing Field Why is it that the large chain stores receive a helping hand by being given volume discounts when it’s the small “mom and pop” stores, the heart and soul of the skateboard industry, that are the ones that need it the most? Though volume discounting has long been a standard in business, it has come to be exploited, with business models being based around it. Consolidated believes this current pricing structure is backwards. We need to break out of this paradigm in order to foster a healthier and more competitive environment. We feel that for a company to ensure its longevity, the foundation of a distribution channel should be more balanced. As our distribution channel becomes more and more polarized, our industry becomes even more fragile. When the actions of one chain store can so heavily influence your company, it is a sign that we are entering into dangerous waters. By putting too many eggs in one basket and giving the large chain stores the discounts they demand, manufacturers are basically forfeiting control of their distribution. Though the short term gain is enticing, the long term result will be detrimental, especially in a volatile industry such as ours. Because it’s the little guys who built this industry and who now need the helping hand, Consolidated feels the time has come to flip the pricing structure, and to “level the playing field.” We know this is something Consolidated cannot do on its own. We encourage other companies and skate shops to work together for the betterment of our industry. Consolidated Skateboards Please forward or post on the web!

i honestly have to agree

neon blitz

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 07:30:05 AM »

ECG

• Rep: -1
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 09:06:25 AM »
Then how come Consolidated switched to China wood (after they made a huge fuss about other companies doing it) and never passed the savings (about 10-15 dollars per deck) to the shops?  Actually they raised the price of the decks wholesale from 32 to 36 when they did that. As much as I hate dwindle and that bullshit at least they made them cheaper to buy wholesale.

The whole Anti-Nike thing is wack. Nike puts shit tons of money into real shops. Love it or hate it.

The OG Consolidated was so sick. Thanks for that clip.

trashcan

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 10:12:12 AM »
Consolidated is a fucking joke they carry there boards at sports chalet

http://www.sportchalet.com/product/index.jsp?productId=726494

birdo's a prick

roulette

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 10:34:35 AM »
thats not very old, i was expecting some van wastell and karma footy

Edward Penishands

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 10:55:23 AM »
Then how come Consolidated switched to China wood (after they made a huge fuss about other companies doing it) and never passed the savings (about 10-15 dollars per deck) to the shops?  Actually they raised the price of the decks wholesale from 32 to 36 when they did that. As much as I hate dwindle and that bullshit at least they made them cheaper to buy wholesale.

The whole Anti-Nike thing is wack. Nike puts shit tons of money into real shops. Love it or hate it.

if your shop can't stay open without the help of nike, you've got problems.  its the greedy who accept nike into their shop.

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 11:49:52 AM »
hloy crap, check this nosegrind....

http://www.consolidatedskateboard.com/images/team/videos/9.mov

that was sick, and holy shit!  the fakie one-foot down the big barca 4??? fakie ONE-FOOT?? that's wild. 

obeygiant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3

Jackers

• Rep: 11
  • Thanks GRL
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 12:47:11 PM »
Sick but the 'DontDoIt' campaign is just as old as that.
Idle

gabeallenjones

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 03:46:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

if your shop can't stay open without the help of nike, you've got problems.  its the greedy who accept nike into their shop.
you don't even know the first thing about running a business so just stop with that bullshit.

jared...

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 04:50:02 PM »
are you sure that's a nosegrind?  I'm thinking nose-manual.
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

Edward Penishands

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 06:55:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
you don't even know the first thing about running a business so just stop with that bullshit.

touche................so, please clarify to me why no shops can ever stay open without nike, i'd love to know.

suckafoo

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 07:42:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

touche................so, please clarify to me why no shops can ever stay open without nike, i'd love to know.

Yes, please enlighten me as well with your false wisdoms. Nike isn't doing skate shops any favors....they threw 'sneaker culture' at skate shops so they would get a taste of high-margin by selling them dunks for $35 that they could sell for (at the time) $129, even more for the premium stuff. Then they made....yes, made these same skate shops take shoes like E-Cues, etc that shops would have too sell for cost just to get them out of the way. And if you were a shop that pushed back by saying "whoa, hey...don't send me any more of this crap, I just want the dunks", Nike would come back and say "sorry, you can't have dunks unless you figure out a way to sell the other crap we're making you buy". Thats not doing any shops any favors....its using them as a stepping-stone to launch 6.0. If you knew anything about Nike, you would know that their overall sales are waaaaaaaay off. They have watched skateboard footwear transcend skateboarding...when they see jocks walking into Pac Sun to buy DC's, it scares the shit out of them. They used skateshops to get Nike's back on that jocks foot.

And thats the truth......

Don't Do It
Well I believe in the devil....and nothing scares me more than Keyser Soze.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 08:12:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yes, please enlighten me as well with your false wisdoms. Nike isn't doing skate shops any favors....they threw 'sneaker culture' at skate shops so they would get a taste of high-margin by selling them dunks for $35 that they could sell for (at the time) $129, even more for the premium stuff. Then they made....yes, made these same skate shops take shoes like E-Cues, etc that shops would have too sell for cost just to get them out of the way. And if you were a shop that pushed back by saying "whoa, hey...don't send me any more of this crap, I just want the dunks", Nike would come back and say "sorry, you can't have dunks unless you figure out a way to sell the other crap we're making you buy". Thats not doing any shops any favors....its using them as a stepping-stone to launch 6.0. If you knew anything about Nike, you would know that their overall sales are waaaaaaaay off. They have watched skateboard footwear transcend skateboarding...when they see jocks walking into Pac Sun to buy DC's, it scares the shit out of them. They used skateshops to get Nike's back on that jocks foot.

Don't Do It

you forgot the part about nike charging a minimum of $5,000 initial shoe order to become part of their program..............i couldn't imagine how these so called "dying skateshops" could shell out $5,000 if they are so indanger of closing.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 09:21:27 PM »
That was a sick montage, fucking Consolidated used to be so rad.

suckafoo

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 05:22:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Don't Do It
[close]

you forgot the part about nike charging a minimum of $5,000 initial shoe order to become part of their program..............i couldn't imagine how these so called "dying skateshops" could shell out $5,000 if they are so indanger of closing.

I was told the 'new' deal is a shop needs to spend $15,000 to get open, and they need to take $10,000 worth of product every quarter just to carry the brand.
Well I believe in the devil....and nothing scares me more than Keyser Soze.