Author Topic: REAL "Since Day one" thread  (Read 157118 times)

Gnarwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
Re: REAL "Since Day one" thread
« Reply #780 on: April 28, 2011, 07:24:49 PM »
Any Easter Eggs in the Real video?
i think someone might've said earlier that there isn't

BraveUlysses

« Reply #781 on: April 28, 2011, 07:43:49 PM »
I don't think people truly know how good Chima is. He is seriously amazing. Davis Torgeson had one of my favorite parts and I saw no fake style like someone else claimed. Ishod's part was amazing and I really liked the song and same goes for Donnely.  I didn't like Brock's part but I still think he's really good. I just never like his style. His frontside bigspins look really sick though. I'm also bummed on Ramondetta's song. I can't stand the singer's voice, skating was top notch though.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:58:53 PM by BraveUlysses »

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #782 on: April 28, 2011, 08:09:36 PM »
I don't get the hate for this video at all.  It is AMAZING.
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

bandini

« Reply #783 on: April 28, 2011, 10:18:47 PM »
Brock's part has slowly moved up the ranks to being my favorite at the moment. He just looks like he's having a blast when he skates - it makes me want to go out and charge some big-ass obstacle & fuck myself up, laughing the whole time.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #784 on: April 29, 2011, 12:43:43 AM »
Brock's part has slowly moved up the ranks to being my favorite at the moment. He just looks like he's having a blast when he skates - it makes me want to go out and charge some big-ass obstacle & fuck myself up, laughing the whole time.

I was so looking forward for his part, but those stupid redneck songs killed it for me.

Deep Cover

• Rep: -2
« Reply #785 on: April 29, 2011, 04:11:16 AM »
It's nice to see Chima come from his World Industries days to his REAL part.

neon blitz

« Reply #786 on: May 05, 2011, 03:22:37 AM »
jake donnelly, brockel and massimo had the most enjoyable part to watch on first watch, justic brock and chima's part are more njoyable after a couple watches, boozentits had some good footage and i undertsnad why he's so popular but his footage in no way warranted last part, ernie can do anything same with ram man

BraveUlysses

« Reply #787 on: May 05, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »
I liked Brock's song, I've been humming it all the time since I've seen it. Movin on over, rock it on over. Shit's catchy.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #788 on: May 05, 2011, 02:50:15 PM »
I. Davis Torgeson had one of my favorite parts and I saw no fake style like someone else claimed.
Ya...that was me, that was probably a bit harsh.  Maybe that's just what I think when someone is too good haha.

basedhead

• Rep: -3
« Reply #789 on: May 05, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »
the song choices fucked with my brain i mean.. do they really like the rap they chose omg it made me so angry if your going to use hip hop atleast make it worthy hip hop... i hate that new shit it sounds so poppy and fake and the rappers just arent the same forgot about the lyrics or something

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #790 on: May 06, 2011, 07:25:24 AM »
take the fucking rage comics back to reddit man, we don't need that shit here.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #791 on: June 18, 2011, 03:44:26 AM »
the song choices fucked with my brain i mean.. do they really like the rap they chose omg it made me so angry if your going to use hip hop atleast make it worthy hip hop... i hate that new shit it sounds so poppy and fake and the rappers just arent the same forgot about the lyrics or something
I know this shit was posted a month ago but it's never too late to tell you that you're fucking regular.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #792 on: June 18, 2011, 04:57:47 AM »
Nah it is too late.

steenz

« Reply #793 on: June 25, 2011, 11:58:05 AM »
Does anyone have a link??? i have not seen it yet

velocirapedher

• Rep: -13
  • Get fingered!
« Reply #794 on: July 13, 2011, 10:07:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
went to the premier last fryday, there was about a 10 minute section that got missed by the whole shop because these redbull selling-hotpant wearing-sexy bitches came in to sell redbull ad stole the attention of the whole shop. i have no idea what i missed but im not really too bothered
[close]
They sell redbull where you're from? Usually those bitches show up to video premieres and just give that shit away. What did you guys do to them that caused them to charge?
[close]

i live in a place where absolutley nothing is free, and even if it is theres still some kinda tax involved.

still no-one really even noticed they had drinks up for grabs, the booty shorts stole the show

Move to america, land of the free.

jimi420

« Reply #795 on: July 13, 2011, 12:27:56 PM »
Favorite parts: Ernie, Ishod, and Chima. I fell asleep during businietz part so I don't even remember most of it.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #796 on: July 13, 2011, 12:42:40 PM »
Busenitz can totally pull a vest off. That alone should win him soty.

kleinbong2

• Rep: 1
« Reply #797 on: August 02, 2011, 08:14:25 AM »
there is no denying the skateboarding in this movie but the transparent logic of the people in charge of the soundtrack is appalling.

brief examples
"let's use two songs from a tribe called mapquest, that was a good skate video!"
"JT should skate to 'we all fall down', 'cause we're skaters and we all fall down, pretty clever? i don't think anyone will remember the old 411 it was in"
"Chima's part is really good, maybe he can skate to some sad Cass McCombs and it will have that Jerry Hsu vibe"
"Ishod is good at using his feet to manipulate a skateboard, GET ON THE GOODFOOT!"
"Busenitz skates fast! ROADRUNNER! it worked when Elissa Steamer used it over ten years ago"

and so on..

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #798 on: August 02, 2011, 08:24:23 AM »
you do realize that the skaters themselves picked the songs for their parts, right? the skaters were also directly involved with editing their parts - so if you dont like the music or the editing you can blame the skaters..   so yeh the "people in charge of the soundtrack" that you speak of would be the skaters that you listed there.

BriDen

« Reply #799 on: August 02, 2011, 09:58:16 PM »
Keith Hufnagel has been spotted using a cell phone a few times...

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #800 on: August 02, 2011, 11:08:05 PM »
there is no denying the skateboarding in this movie but the transparent logic of the people in charge of the soundtrack is appalling.

"Ishod is good at using his feet to manipulate a skateboard, GET ON THE GOODFOOT!"

This is just regular and so are you.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -294
« Reply #801 on: August 03, 2011, 02:09:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is just regular and so are you.

HAHA Agree. Stop thinking about it so much lad.

chickenhead19

« Reply #802 on: October 22, 2011, 11:14:47 PM »
for those of you who where hyped on massimo cavedoni's part he is having a real b-sides that will be even better than his part because it got cut short...................FYI he should be pro

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #803 on: October 23, 2011, 08:27:13 AM »
for those of you who where hyped on massimo cavedoni's part he is having a real b-sides that will be even better than his part because it got cut short...................FYI he should be pro
Anymore information on this B-sides?
EDIT: clarification.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

chickenhead19

« Reply #804 on: October 26, 2011, 12:43:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this was from word of mouth from one of his best friends....so idk if its really gonna happen or not, but if it does people will truly see how good this dude really is, he did the best line at the SF library probly ever filmed

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #805 on: October 26, 2011, 01:40:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
he did the best line at the SF library probly ever filmed
Mike Carroll, period.

mbquant

« Reply #806 on: October 26, 2011, 09:01:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Mike Carroll, period.

Word

chickenhead19

« Reply #807 on: October 27, 2011, 11:41:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Mike Carroll, period.
i do know what i am talking about, and am not bluffing  
i knew some one was gonna pull that carroll shit too, his line is the best line released in a video i said "he did the best line at the SF library probly ever filmed" not released so obviously no one really has seen it yet
you will seee
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:51:11 PM by chickenhead19 »

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #808 on: October 28, 2011, 12:11:14 AM »
quite the bold claim mr. chickenhead. we shall see.

railchomper420

« Reply #809 on: October 28, 2011, 12:29:06 AM »

brief examples
"let's use two songs from a tribe called mapquest, that was a good skate video!"
"JT should skate to 'we all fall down', 'cause we're skaters and we all fall down, pretty clever? i don't think anyone will remember the old 411 it was in"
"Chima's part is really good, maybe he can skate to some sad Cass McCombs and it will have that Jerry Hsu vibe"
"Busenitz skates fast! ROADRUNNER! it worked when Elissa Steamer used it over ten years ago"

and so on..

hahahaha YES! Ramondetta's song was horrible but totally seemed like something he would be stoked on