Author Topic: Now I Understand Vegetarians  (Read 2996 times)

untitled

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Now I Understand Vegetarians
« on: April 02, 2011, 03:01:40 AM »
this is hard to watch
http://meatvideo.com/

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: Now I Understand Vegetarians
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 03:14:39 AM »
It is a shame that people treat animals that way, but most of us like to blindly ignore the fact.

Sexy Alf

• Rep: 4
  • so damn sexy
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 03:27:53 AM »
I'm no vegetarian, but I'll be the first to admit that factory farms are pretty fucked.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 03:32:56 AM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361872964130308142#

This is a documentary called Earthlings. It's pretty brutal. If you want to know how people fuck animals over, it's a good watch.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 03:39:17 AM »
i always tought the whole vegetarian thing was a little dumb,cause if you go that way in looking at how humans are organised for food or whatever;you don't just stop eating meat,you can already stop doing anything cause from all industrial food to humans living conditions and economy,pretty much everything is fucked.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • grinding to a halt
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 03:51:52 AM »
Different strokes for different folks. We've still got skateboarding and wu-tang.  :)

FTW

Sexy Alf

• so damn sexy
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 03:54:40 AM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361872964130308142#

This is a documentary called Earthlings. It's pretty brutal. If you want to know how people fuck animals over, it's a good watch.
Those people abusing the elephants deserve severe beatings, imo.  >:(

sk8_stuff

• Rep: -2
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 06:00:36 AM »
The saddest thing is we can't even make sure humans are treated right so animals will always suffer.
Think, it's not illegal yet. - Les Claypool

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 09:08:33 AM »
I didn't even make it through the first 2 minutes. It just goes to show people will do anything to save money when they're smashing "useless" piglets into the ground.

jimi420

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 10:05:17 AM »
Isn't the Human race wonderful?

I'm still going to eat meat though.

strangefires

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »
can we please just

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »
this shit is always so sad to watch. I agree that eating meat is just part of our genetics, we Want it, doesnt mean it should be like how it is now, where we expect every meal to include meat, but part of that goes into why factory farms exist. its all society's wants, once we got a taste of cheap meat we just want it every time. theres no way we should be able to have wing nights and fucking bulk meat packs, the only way to do that is by screwing over poor people to grow us a shit ton of grains to feed to animals stuffed 100 to a cage. our obsession with bacon, fried chicken, and steak is just out of control.

goddamn it humans suck so hard sometimes.

Pippen

• Rep: 16
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 12:28:32 PM »
of course i start watching this while eating a nice breakfast of eggs, bacon, and sausage

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »
this shit is always so sad to watch. I agree that eating meat is just part of our genetics, we Want it, doesnt mean it should be like how it is now, where we expect every meal to include meat, but part of that goes into why factory farms exist. its all society's wants, once we got a taste of cheap meat we just want it every time. theres no way we should be able to have wing nights and fucking bulk meat packs, the only way to do that is by screwing over poor people to grow us a shit ton of grains to feed to animals stuffed 100 to a cage. our obsession with bacon, fried chicken, and steak is just out of control.

I have been vegan almost 21 years, it is really easy to do, I don't crave meat, I can't even stand the smell of it cooking. Try going vegan for a month.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:33:58 PM by vegan*shawn »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • grinding to a halt
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have been vegan almost 21 years, it is really easy to do, I don't crave me, I can't even stand the smell of it cooking. Try going vegan for a month.

To be fair, self cannibalization is a hard diet to keep up.

FTW

Hexagon

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 03:08:29 PM »
I returned to a vegetarian diet after years off. Factory farms and the meat produced is fucking toxic... Don't think so? See how many former Monsanto employees work for the FDA and their gang of lobbyists. They pass laws in place or attempt to in order disguise whats in their shit. Cause you know... your good friends at the seed monopoly really care about the product you consume.  If you don't give a shit about animals... that fact you're eating meat from a turd factory (literally) might sway what you put into you. Just sayin' its something to think about. I'm more angry at the business side of agriculture than I am at those who consume it, by the way. So don't take this as a jab at people who eat meat/turds ,etc  ;)

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 03:34:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I have been vegan almost 21 years, it is really easy to do, I don't crave me, I can't even stand the smell of it cooking. Try going vegan for a month.
[close]

fuck I shouldn't type when I need a nap, good catch.

Chris

• Rep: -15
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

have any suggestions on how to go about it? i want to try to be a vegetarian because of stuff like these videos.

Sexy Alf

• so damn sexy
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »

This is dead on.

Hold The Tomatos

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »
i honestly couldnt watch all of that.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • grinding to a halt
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 08:04:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
have any suggestions on how to go about it? i want to try to be a vegetarian because of stuff like these videos.

If you're going to start eating yourself, I'd start with the lip. Very easy to bite.

FTW

penguin meat

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 08:13:12 PM »
Despite my caring nature for animals, such as for my dog, I just don't give a fuck about how fish grow up.
But I have contemplated taking a week off of meat to see how it would go.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 10:45:44 PM »
For Your Health

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 03:57:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've been vegetarian for almost a year now. There's probably lots of non-meat food you eat already, so start with that. Also look into tofu and seitan - good stuff (you can basically supplement the meat's part of the mean with these two). Definitely pay a visit to strictly vegetarian restaurants/fast foods and you'll see there's plenty of different foods to eat.

Chris

• Rep: -15
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 07:18:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

If you're going to start eating yourself, I'd start with the lip. Very easy to bite.

Haha. i'd probably go for my gut as their tons of fat to sustain me.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I've been vegetarian for almost a year now. There's probably lots of non-meat food you eat already, so start with that. Also look into tofu and seitan - good stuff (you can basically supplement the meat's part of the mean with these two). Definitely pay a visit to strictly vegetarian restaurants/fast foods and you'll see there's plenty of different foods to eat.

I need to work on eating more fruit and vegetables and such, I've never heard of Seitan. I don't know of very many vegetarian restaurants in my area to be honest, None that I've seen.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:14 AM »
Well first off the bat , things used to be worse , and they are getting better . more and more farms are going organic and free range cause they see that ppl care about animals and they dont want to lose the business .

And all farms shown in this video were worst case scenarios , I belive in all western countrys atleast theres fines and jailtime for some of that shit showed in it , and there are really good farms , and free range farms who take great care of their animals and try to keep them happy

As a chef , I try to only work in good places and as much as possible with organic and free range food . Usualy from small supliers and good farms where u can trace the product and not get misstreated animals . And for the animals I kill for food or prepare for food I always try to give them the best merk'ing I can , I feel real bad if I fuck it up , so I dont .

Animals treaded with love always taste better

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »
Well first off the bat , things used to be worse , and they are getting better . more and more farms are going organic and free range cause they see that ppl care about animals and they dont want to lose the business .

And all farms shown in this video were worst case scenarios , I belive in all western countrys atleast theres fines and jailtime for some of that shit showed in it , and there are really good farms , and free range farms who take great care of their animals and try to keep them happy

As a chef , I try to only work in good places and as much as possible with organic and free range food . Usualy from small supliers and good farms where u can trace the product and not get misstreated animals . And for the animals I kill for food or prepare for food I always try to give them the best merk'ing I can , I feel real bad if I fuck it up , so I dont .

Animals treaded with love always taste better

k, the thing is, it is better, but anything is an improvement. and you would be surprised how many of these factory farms are in ohio, indiana, kentucky, etc... these are all farms we dont even think about, as the massive, hell-like ones only supply meat to other giant corporations, and this is the meat you dont get to know where it comes from, like in processed foods and fast food chains. the smaller free range organic farms arent being suppliers to mcdonalds or kfc, so while things are improving in terms of small restaurants and farmers markets for consumers, we're not the ones ordering a million chickens, so things are still pretty shitty.

i remember theres a sort of "law-convention" that makes what is practice in the industry become the "law" for how it is done. so if every farm in america is putting chickens into 7x9 cages, then its not illegal cause everyones doing it, its fucked. the fda is so corrupted by the corporations that its hard now to even regulate this shit. see what free market capitalism does, USA?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

fuck I shouldn't type when I need a nap, good catch.
You didn't need a nap, you need a steak.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »
Its been so long since I got a good masturbate sesh in, and now when I finally got the chance for some nice self loving I came across this thread

Buzz killed but I'm still going to masturbate-Wish me luck

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 01:16:39 PM »
i think everyone needs to experience killing an animal for real, it will prepare you for the real world for when your real friends and family die, and also then you understand what happens to your food every time you eat so you feel more thankful for what you are eating and maybe will chill out on the mcgangbangs.