Author Topic: Now I Understand Vegetarians  (Read 3004 times)

Grubby Mits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Now I Understand Vegetarians
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 01:24:48 PM »
I already try to only eat organic/ free range meat (although that is worse for the environment, did a study in chemistry last year), but obviously i am eating shit like this when i'm out and about. I'm going to go meat free this week, it should be easy as my parents are pescitarion, my sister is vegetarion, my brother eats meat but doesn't live at home and my other sister who visits a lot is vegan. I might end up only eating meat when i know where it's from who knows. If you want to eat meat you have to decide what you prefer at the end of the day,  animals or the environment. Fuck it's a hard one. Wish me luck.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 01:38:31 PM »
i think everyone needs to experience killing an animal for real, it will prepare you for the real world for when your real friends and family die, and also then you understand what happens to your food every time you eat so you feel more thankful for what you are eating and maybe will chill out on the mcgangbangs.

here, have a gnar.

PFIASB.

• Rep: -94
  • Formerly elmo
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 01:51:16 PM »
watch food inc
people like you are the people who ruin skateboarding and slap 2g

highgrade

• Rep: 36
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 04:29:29 PM »
I havent eaten meat in like 10years and i can say i dont miss it at all. Was vegetarian for 7 and been Vegan the past 3years. I was dating this chick when i first gave up meat and she got me into reading all books, fast food nation, etc. She would cook all kinds of great food i had never seen before, before i was pretty basic meat n potatos typed shit. Plus i was working in a deli and all the lunch meat, roast beef, roasted whole chicken shit was gnarly to handle so i just fazed it all out. Anyway its pretty east to be Vegan/Vegetarian in SF or i imagine most cities, lots of great grocery stores, vegetarian restaraunts, indian/chinese food and most spots have atleast a few vegan options. Im pretty lucky cause my girl is an amazing cook, and always hooking up awesome dinners. When shes not around i live of Amys frozen dinner shit, haha.. The whole free range/organic meat thing is kinda whateves, unless you can go the farm(portlandia skit). You cant really think they're living great lives running around with their friends and when their old and die, it comes to your plate. Still pretty bad. http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/free-range-organic-meat-myth.aspx Anyway good luck to you few that are gonna try to go meatless for awhile. Just be sure to take a multi-vitamin, hard to get B-12 without meat. Lots of nuts, fruits etc. All the good ish. I noticed a pretty big change when i gave up meat, better mood and more energy.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 05:24:45 PM »
i dont know what your guys' eating habits are like, but over the past year i have completely fucked mine up. I moved out of my parents' house 1 year ago march 1st.

I eat fast food for lunch 4 of 5 days a week usually, and it totally fucks you up. you start to need that "high" that the super high calorie meal gives you, and you can't even eat normal food after awhile you feel like shit. i am slowly working my way off it, i had to cut out fries completely, that was step 1 to rehabilitating myself.

my friend's girlfriend Telka doesn't really eat meat, if she cooked for me every night i could be a vegetarian for sure.

septidons

• Rep: -5
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »
Stealing a veg chick is a surefire diet change and friendship ender.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 12:43:35 AM »

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134