Author Topic: bringing your board to social outings/school/work?  (Read 21113 times)

William Jefferson Clinton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
Re: bringing your board to social outings/school/work?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 08:29:34 PM »
for the most part I don't care whether or not people know I skate. The only time it gets really annoying is when people expect me to be a one man demo for them just because I have a skateboard in my trunk. "do a kickflip." "show me a trick." it gets kind of old.

Expand Quote
This bitch that sits by me in one of my classes all talks bs about skating and how she runs a "Skate Apparael Company" brought a video 6 ,7, or 8 weeks ago of her and her "guy" friends skating, it fuckin sucked, she just cruised, her friends were the biggest douches, pre ripped jeans, flat bill hats, orange beanines and all that bullshit. It was basically a bunch of pussies boardsliding 4? inches on a flat rail and a whole bunch of other bullshit.? After it was over I said straight up to her " that fuckin sucked dick".? It was tight. I hate that bitch.
[close]

if I had a dollar for every shitty post you've made, I would have 365 dollars as of right now. 366 if you respond to this.
Wtf dude?  So you think Crailtap footy is shit? No, Kernal Sanders, you're wrong, I'm right.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 08:31:28 PM »
Colonel, buddy.. We ain't talking about no corn

jay

• Rep: -80
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
There was a time a little bit after high school when I started feeing a little self-concious about skating, mainly I think because most of my friends who I skated with all the time in high school quit.  I think I picked up a little maturity after that and realized that I don't care what people think about me.  It's funny cause I told my girlfriend about that little epiphany and she was like "well obviously, it doesn't matter anyways cause you are actually doing something with your life (almost done university)" and it made me think, all of my friends who actually skated as much as I did in high school are failing at life right now.  Looking back, pretty much every skater I knew in high school was a stoner who didn't give a fuck about school.  I'm a pretty athletic guy and joined the football team near the end of high school (I still remember skipping practice a couple times to go skate) and I get together with the old team to play pickup games every now and then, and pretty much every one of them have done or are in some sort of post-secondary education.  The older I get (although really I'm only 22) the more I see why the general public has a negative stereotype of skaters, especially older ones.  The only people older than 20 that I know who still skate are stoners or hippie scum (or both) and most people who I still play football with (or hockey, which I'm starting to get into) are well adjusted members of society.

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 09:12:23 PM »
The only people older than 20 that I know who still skate are stoners or hippie scum (or both) and most people who I still play football with (or hockey, which I'm starting to get into) are well adjusted members of society.
ew no.

try being a black male skateboarding. fuck, this past saturday my manager said called me a white boy. i told that fat bitch that its 2011 and to eat a dick.
this nigga at work asked me how many 360's i could do, he told me he 'mastered 4 different kinds'...i told him to eat a dick.

i didn't get comfortable until i was 16years old; the years prior i used to hide my board or avoid skating at various places. so many people were harsh when i was a kid, they made me feel really embarrassed to be skateboarding. but at a certain point i became more confident in myself and just brushed dudes off when they tried to flex.

now niggas ask me where i get my shoes from.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

jay

• Rep: -80
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 09:38:53 PM »
I think it was a TK or Terrell Robinson interview where they said black non-skaters are waaaay more harsh than their white counterparts.  Maybe it's just cause they both grew up in the hood though...

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 10:09:22 PM »
I think it was a TK or Terrell Robinson interview where they said black non-skaters are waaaay more harsh than their white counterparts.  Maybe it's just cause they both grew up in the hood though...

it's true.

niggas in the hood are stuck on that mentality that if you're black you should be playing some type of sport (basketball, football, or track mainly). skating through my hood i used to get the same shit about why i'm doin that "white boy shit". same ole shit. "cowabunga dude!" and "do a 900"...smh

tho now-a-days the hood is more accepting to black skaters. even the dopeboys from the area are rockin dgk i love haters shirts and be askin where i get my nikes from.

Chevy Rose

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 10:19:32 PM »
i keep it to myself

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 10:28:26 PM »
Expand Quote
for the most part I don't care whether or not people know I skate. The only time it gets really annoying is when people expect me to be a one man demo for them just because I have a skateboard in my trunk. "do a kickflip." "show me a trick." it gets kind of old.

Expand Quote
This bitch that sits by me in one of my classes all talks bs about skating and how she runs a "Skate Apparael Company" brought a video 6 ,7, or 8 weeks ago of her and her "guy" friends skating, it fuckin sucked, she just cruised, her friends were the biggest douches, pre ripped jeans, flat bill hats, orange beanines and all that bullshit. It was basically a bunch of pussies boardsliding 4? inches on a flat rail and a whole bunch of other bullshit.? After it was over I said straight up to her " that fuckin sucked dick".? It was tight. I hate that bitch.
[close]

if I had a dollar for every shitty post you've made, I would have 365 dollars as of right now. 366 if you respond to this.
[close]
Wtf dude?  So you think Crailtap footy is shit? No, Kernal Sanders, you're wrong, I'm right.

you somehow manage to consistently beat me for the "worst poster on slap" award
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 10:43:39 PM »
my gay ass school banned bringing skateboards because they could be used as "weapons"
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 12:20:02 AM »
I work downtown, so I always have it in my car for after work. If people ask me what I do, skateboarding is always included in there somewhere. No shame in the game.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Estoowhit

• Rep: 4
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 12:24:03 AM »
I bring my board to school everyday. The college i go to is pretty much attached to the local skatepark, so it's the best option for lunch breaks and free periods.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:12:54 AM by Estoowhit »

bangkadang

• Rep: 38
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 12:34:51 AM »
i hate talking to people that dont skate about skating, cause then you get those incredibly awkward question "so whats your best move!?!?!?" "how good are you!?!?!?"

i feel like if you answer truthfully you seem like a cocky motherfucker, but if you dont they think that you suck ass

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
i've always avoided to let anyone i'm working with know that i skate... never ever brought the board there. last year some knee problems started
and so i've bought a zipzinger a few months ago to built up muscles on a daily push.
i was only getting shit for it once by a major douche but i fought back verbally imediatly...
i think people think i'm a longboarder or something...
whatevs, most of them are idiots anyway.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:58:44 AM by pica »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 01:07:07 AM »
i hate talking to people that dont skate about skating, cause then you get those incredibly awkward question "so whats your best move!?!?!?" "how good are you!?!?!?"

i feel like if you answer truthfully you seem like a cocky motherfucker, but if you dont they think that you suck ass

Haha yeah it's always terrible when someone asks how good you are. If your only frame of reference is some x-games shit I have no idea what to tell you.

solo

• Rep: -23
  • skateboarding
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 02:38:31 AM »
bring my board wherever except parties n shit.

why walk when you can shredgnar on the way?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:40:19 AM by solo »

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 02:40:07 AM »
wherever i shall go my board and my camera are sure to follow

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 03:11:24 AM »
Bringing the board to the bar always leads up to drunk fliptrick challenges for beer

Rambo: The Skateboard Pimp

• Rep: -5
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 03:53:56 AM »
There was a time a little bit after high school when I started feeing a little self-concious about skating, mainly I think because most of my friends who I skated with all the time in high school quit.  I think I picked up a little maturity after that and realized that I don't care what people think about me.  It's funny cause I told my girlfriend about that little epiphany and she was like "well obviously, it doesn't matter anyways cause you are actually doing something with your life (almost done university)" and it made me think, all of my friends who actually skated as much as I did in high school are failing at life right now.  Looking back, pretty much every skater I knew in high school was a stoner who didn't give a fuck about school.  I'm a pretty athletic guy and joined the football team near the end of high school (I still remember skipping practice a couple times to go skate) and I get together with the old team to play pickup games every now and then, and pretty much every one of them have done or are in some sort of post-secondary education.  The older I get (although really I'm only 22) the more I see why the general public has a negative stereotype of skaters, especially older ones.  The only people older than 20 that I know who still skate are stoners or hippie scum (or both) and most people who I still play football with (or hockey, which I'm starting to get into) are well adjusted members of society.

fuck the fuck off.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 04:20:57 AM »
Expand Quote
There was a time a little bit after high school when I started feeing a little self-concious about skating, mainly I think because most of my friends who I skated with all the time in high school quit. ? I think I picked up a little maturity after that and realized that I don't care what people think about me. ? It's funny cause I told my girlfriend about that little epiphany and she was like "well obviously, it doesn't matter anyways cause you are actually doing something with your life (almost done university)" and it made me think, all of my friends who actually skated as much as I did in high school are failing at life right now. ? Looking back, pretty much every skater I knew in high school was a stoner who didn't give a fuck about school. ? I'm a pretty athletic guy and joined the football team near the end of high school (I still remember skipping practice a couple times to go skate) and I get together with the old team to play pickup games every now and then, and pretty much every one of them have done or are in some sort of post-secondary education. ? The older I get (although really I'm only 22) the more I see why the general public has a negative stereotype of skaters, especially older ones. ? The only people older than 20 that I know who still skate are stoners or hippie scum (or both) and most people who I still play football with (or hockey, which I'm starting to get into) are well adjusted members of society.
[close]

fuck the fuck off.

ha its nearly the opposite for me, i was (still am) the classic skater/stoner and i didnt go to uni because i didnt know what i wanted to study so i didnt wanna waste loads of money just studying some random crap and then starting my life with 20 grand debt or however much it is for them. now im still skating and blazing and working a 9-5 at an prety good rate, where as my mates come out of uni with tonnes of debt and no more likley to get a job because theres prety much no jobs at the moment, especially for people who studdied music tech or art history and shit like that

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 04:42:21 AM »
first rule of skate club . . . . . .

etc etc

I don't hide that I skate, but when I skate to\after work I have my board in a full length board bag.  Saves a lot of twatty comments from co-workers (I work for a fairly large consultancy firm where the majority of people working there are bell ends). 

The team I work with all know I skate, and happily take the piss when I hobble in after a session the night before.  Plus we work on the ground floor near the entrance\exit so I don't have to walk through any busy area's with it.

If someone asks what my interests are then Skateboarding's usually mentioned, which sometimes prompts the usual 'aren't you too old for that' comments.

Tom Beens

• Rep: 1
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 06:01:43 AM »
I don't tell a lot of people I skate, they will find it out after a while, a lot of people are a bit surprised but don't care too much because I'm not some weird skate hipster.

Dick Fingers

• Rep: -26
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 07:08:16 AM »
when i lived in a major city i brought my board everywhere from college to the bar and work, no one really said anything or seemed to care because in general it appears that people are more accepting in the city (probably because you have grown men wearing children's clothes with mustaches riding around on $1200 bikes), however now i live in the suburbs and people are actually quite judgmental even when i walk to the car or go to the local skatepark i can feel the looks from parents wondering what the hell i am doing, when their kid is riding a scooter twitching because of all of the add medicine they are on.

been said before but the thing is while i may be old and skateboarding i am actually doing something that i love and age is not going to make me stop, most of the people my age and older have full time girlfriends that they don't do shit with and are all working there way up to a tremendous beer gut.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 07:10:15 AM »
The only people older than 20 that I know who still skate are stoners or hippie scum (or both) and most people who I still play football with (or hockey, which I'm starting to get into) are alcoholics

sk8_stuff

• Rep: -2
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, 07:22:12 AM »
I hate people, so I don' t talk to them to find out if they care about me skating or not. I love skating and skate everywhere I can because just the feeling of riding your board down the street going fast is so great. One funny thing about where I live is dumb high school kids, who think they are bad asses or something, will talk shit to me from far away but when I get up close and they realize I'm a 26 year old man shut the fuck up real quick. That makes me laugh every time.
Think, it's not illegal yet. - Les Claypool

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 08:18:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There was a time a little bit after high school when I started feeing a little self-concious about skating, mainly I think because most of my friends who I skated with all the time in high school quit. ? I think I picked up a little maturity after that and realized that I don't care what people think about me. ? It's funny cause I told my girlfriend about that little epiphany and she was like "well obviously, it doesn't matter anyways cause you are actually doing something with your life (almost done university)" and it made me think, all of my friends who actually skated as much as I did in high school are failing at life right now. ? Looking back, pretty much every skater I knew in high school was a stoner who didn't give a fuck about school. ? I'm a pretty athletic guy and joined the football team near the end of high school (I still remember skipping practice a couple times to go skate) and I get together with the old team to play pickup games every now and then, and pretty much every one of them have done or are in some sort of post-secondary education. ? The older I get (although really I'm only 22) the more I see why the general public has a negative stereotype of skaters, especially older ones. ? The only people older than 20 that I know who still skate are stoners or hippie scum (or both) and most people who I still play football with (or hockey, which I'm starting to get into) are well adjusted members of society.
[close]

fuck the fuck off.
[close]

ha its nearly the opposite for me, i was (still am) the classic skater/stoner and i didnt go to uni because i didnt know what i wanted to study so i didnt wanna waste loads of money just studying some random crap and then starting my life with 20 grand debt or however much it is for them. now im still skating and blazing and working a 9-5 at an prety good rate, where as my mates come out of uni with tonnes of debt and no more likley to get a job because theres prety much no jobs at the moment, especially for people who studdied music tech or art history and shit like that

same with me, except I just took some time off between highschool and college to work and figure out what the fuck I wanted to do. Now I'm still skating, still blazing, and now making good grades and working towards my bachelors degree.

Oh and I take back what I said earlier, Jay is a much worse poster than SkaterAustin. or  a much more successful troll. I can't decide yet.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2011, 08:22:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There was a time a little bit after high school when I started feeing a little self-concious about skating, mainly I think because most of my friends who I skated with all the time in high school quit. ?? I think I picked up a little maturity after that and realized that I don't care what people think about me. ?? It's funny cause I told my girlfriend about that little epiphany and she was like "well obviously, it doesn't matter anyways cause you are actually doing something with your life (almost done university)" and it made me think, all of my friends who actually skated as much as I did in high school are failing at life right now. ?? Looking back, pretty much every skater I knew in high school was a stoner who didn't give a fuck about school. ?? I'm a pretty athletic guy and joined the football team near the end of high school (I still remember skipping practice a couple times to go skate) and I get together with the old team to play pickup games every now and then, and pretty much every one of them have done or are in some sort of post-secondary education. ?? The older I get (although really I'm only 22) the more I see why the general public has a negative stereotype of skaters, especially older ones. ?? The only people older than 20 that I know who still skate are stoners or hippie scum (or both) and most people who I still play football with (or hockey, which I'm starting to get into) are well adjusted members of society.
[close]

fuck the fuck off.
[close]

[close]

same with me, except I just took some time off between highschool and college to work and figure out what the fuck I wanted to do. Now I'm still skating, still blazing, and now making good grades and working towards my bachelors degree.

Oh and I take back what I said earlier, Jay is a much worse poster than SkaterAustin. or?  a much more successful troll. I can't decide yet.

my favourite bit about my situation is that (where i live at least) real world skills are far more important to get a job that qualifications in this current economic climate. i am currently bieng paid to learn all these new practical skills while most of my mates are paying through the nose to get qualifications that probably wont get them a job anyways. i would love some time off, only skating an hour after work and weekends isnt enough to fuel my skateboarding addiction

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2011, 08:37:26 AM »
what jay said wasnt totally wrong tho, i mean i go to uni, but im still a stoner who just thinks about skating all day, and some of my football friends have scholarships, but they do get hammered like 4 days a week. and i cant believe your comparing hockey goons to skaters. those guys are the fags in the office pulling borderline sexual harrassment pranks everyday cause it was the norm when he was 12 with 20 other 12 year old boys running around in the locker room. i wouldnt say they are any more well adjusted at all.

my favourite video part, i think gallant relates quite nicely:

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2011, 08:44:38 AM »
i pretty much bring my board everywhere unless its wet/raining...why would i walk when i can skate?  i really see no point in hiding something thats such a huge part of my life.  
i recently went on some job interviews and brought my cruiser with me.  i figured its better to let them know from the get go.      

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2011, 08:49:33 AM »
i pretty much bring my board everywhere unless its wet/raining...why would i walk when i can skate? ? i really see no point in hiding something thats such a huge part of my life. ? 
i recently went on some job interviews and brought my cruiser with me. ? i figured its better to let them know from the get go. ?  ?  ? 

in the past job interviewers have said to me that my skateboard was a good sign of passion and determination, i got the job... then got fired a few months later because of a rolled ankle (i couldnt walk) and food poisoning, said they needed someone more consistant

mattyc

• Rep: -6
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »
The only people older than 20 that I know who still skate are stoners or hippie scum (or both)

That's weird...Most of the skaters I know that are over 24 have full-time jobs.
-mattyc