Author Topic: Gino HAs 10 Tricks  (Read 40388 times)

DGKALIS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 525
Re: Gino HAs 10 Tricks
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2011, 11:14:27 AM »
I think its  cool thing that some of you are comparing a new dude to Gino. Its like using Gino as a staple of whats good.

All i got to say is.. skateboarding will be hard pressed to ever be blessed with a style and etiquette to that of Gino's. He wasn't
in it for money, contest placing, awards, none of that shit. He didn't have trainers, or felt the need to have the ultimate video part.
I never saw a twitter or youtube account of Gino showing off all his new tricks... But it seemed timeless once he had some footage appear.

Fuck it... Gino appreash!!
Gino 101 Snuff
Gino Iannucci 20 Shot Sequence
Gino Iannucci - Trilogy
Gino Iannucci Chocolate Tour 1999
Gino Iannucci Chocolate Tour Extras
YEAH RIGHT! Gino Iannucci
Gino Iannucci Mixtape

Eddy

• Rep: -6
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
I am the only one who watches all the video parts of this guy gino and dont understand the hype? It's not like it blows your mind like the first time you see chris haslam in round 3 or pj in whl, just sayin

streetPirate22

• Rep: 21
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2011, 11:33:49 AM »
Richard Mulder was telling me last week that Gino's been mostly skating by himself or with unsponsored friends. He's doing what he wants and what he feels comfortable with, and he has earned that right. In my opinion, we have been blessed that he's been a part of skateboarding and I personally welcome any footage from him, no matter how much or how little.

streetPirate22

• Rep: 21
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2011, 11:37:08 AM »
Quote from: Eddy  link=topic=52357.msg1425604#msg1425604 date=1302719503
I am the only one who watches all the video parts of this guy gino and dont understand the hype? It's not like it blows your mind like the first time you see chris haslam in round 3 or pj in whl, just sayin

You are just too young to understand is all. Gino was to the 90's what PJ was to the 00's.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2011, 11:51:45 AM »
Maybe a line?the universe would collapse.

oh shit, the mayans... :o

DGKALIS

• Rep: 525
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2011, 12:39:15 PM »
Quote from: Eddy  link=topic=52357.msg1425604#msg1425604 date=1302719503

I guess it would be hard to see what the hype is/was if you are relatively new to skateboarding.
Back in them days.. it was a little bit more spontaneous. More organic if you want to call it that.
Not to mention.. there is shit in there(101 Snuff) that was unheard of at the time. switch back nosegrind
fakie flip, switch 5.0 switch heel, switch flip double set, back tail back heel, switch back tail shuv in lines,
his manual tricks, also shit like the way his board flips on frontside heel flips. All boned out.. fakie hardlip on the steep bank.
All that ... that shit can be pretty mandatory for this new generation.. but Gino had a certain lean that will always separate him
from the average kid doing it down a 15.

Anyway.. thats just my $0.2

criskyboy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2011, 01:38:16 PM »
To Ponyboy: In that Transworld interview Gino basically said he'd been in jail for the whole of 2008. He'd also been on lockdown before that as well. In the Epicly Laterd series he said that he was psyched to skate, but couldn't leave the state etc etc. So the guy has had plenty of barriers to overcome over the last few years, so as he says in that HBO thing 'I'm 36, give me a break'.

If you're not into him, then why do you care? But for me, I'm fucking psyched that he's into it again. Can't wait for the vid.

And for the other haters, dare I say it, I like that kid Yaje's style.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2011, 01:48:05 PM »

Gino had a certain lean

^^all that ever needed to be said.

if that statement doesn't make any sense to you, you should really ask yourself why instead of asking someone else to keep explaining.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

ginzberg

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2011, 03:25:25 PM »
Kalis showing the Gino love is like that Epicly Laterd with Holmes and Gonz getting hype off each other. Love that.

I hoped and hoped for a full Guy part for years after Mouse, and in that case, we actually got it. Even if that doesn't come true in Gino's case, a handful of clips is a handful of clips. Sure, I'd be left waiting for more, but ten tricks is ten more than I ever thought I'd see after his Epicly Laterd episode, the WESC thing, and that Skateboard Mag two pager.

And man.. "Gino had a certain lean"
Girl, make a shirt with that on it, give 75% to Gino, and 25% to Kalis.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2011, 04:36:41 PM »
This ^  !!!

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2011, 05:10:54 PM »

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I guess it would be hard to see what the hype is/was if you are relatively new to skateboarding.
Back in them days.. it was a little bit more spontaneous. More organic if you want to call it that.
Not to mention.. there is shit in there(101 Snuff) that was unheard of at the time. switch back nosegrind
fakie flip, switch 5.0 switch heel, switch flip double set, back tail back heel, switch back tail shuv in lines,
his manual tricks, also shit like the way his board flips on frontside heel flips. All boned out.. fakie hardlip on the steep bank.
All that ... that shit can be pretty mandatory for this new generation.. but Gino had a certain lean that will always separate him
from the average kid doing it down a 15.

Anyway.. thats just my $0.2

Josh pretty much nailed the Gino hype straight on. ? I remember watching Snuff over and over with my friends just trying to figure out all the mind melting shit that he was doing. ? During that time he was light years ahead of where everyone else was at. ? I'm psyched to hear that Gino's been filming and getting stuff done for the Chocolate vid.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:02:35 PM by The Math Professor »

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Gino had a certain lean

[close]

^^all that ever needed to be said.

if that statement doesn't make any sense to you, you should really ask yourself why instead of asking someone else to keep explaining.

k

Fuck yes, the word.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »
I used to have a copy of Yeah Right on DVD and in the bonus section was like a 2 min part of no complys through a parking lot, is that up on the web?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2011, 12:14:39 AM »
More like somebody needs to post a link to Gino's Yeah Right part where he is skating to GNR.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2011, 12:24:27 AM »
^^^ interview saying gino has ten tricks filmed for the chocolate video no actual gino footage. For now anyways.

ohhhhh that's what this is about. RAD.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2011, 06:22:21 AM »
I'm as big a Gino fan as the next guy, but 10 tricks? In 8 years?

Then again, I'd rather watch 10 tricks by Gino than fuck all the cheerleaders in American sport, while winning the lottery and discovering the secret to eternal life.

Search him on youtube. You'll find more than 10 tricks.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2011, 06:55:14 AM »
No.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2011, 07:38:46 AM »
I used to have a copy of Yeah Right on DVD and in the bonus section was like a 2 min part of no complys through a parking lot, is that up on the web?
SOMEONE FIND THIS

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2011, 08:03:49 AM »
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2011, 08:27:54 AM »
why did gino go to jail?

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2011, 08:48:12 AM »

shrimpwhitewine

• Rep: 20
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »
I think its  cool thing that some of you are comparing a new dude to Gino. Its like using Gino as a staple of whats good.

All i got to say is.. skateboarding will be hard pressed to ever be blessed with a style and etiquette to that of Gino's. He wasn't
in it for money, contest placing, awards, none of that shit. He didn't have trainers, or felt the need to have the ultimate video part.
I never saw a twitter or youtube account of Gino showing off all his new tricks... But it seemed timeless once he had some footage appear.

Fuck it... Gino appreash!!
Gino 101 Snuff
Gino Iannucci 20 Shot Sequence
Gino Iannucci - Trilogy
Gino Iannucci Chocolate Tour 1999
Gino Iannucci Chocolate Tour Extras
YEAH RIGHT! Gino Iannucci
Gino Iannucci Mixtape

:27-:35 in Yeah Right is at Stony Brook University. The bank isn't there anymore, but it was so steep, and the ledge to ledge gap is crazy.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:03:16 PM by shrimpwhitewine »

sultsult

• Rep: -12
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2011, 02:33:38 PM »
why did gino go to jail?

a few DUI's.. some say he went off the deep end after keenan and used it as an excuse to pile out..

stoked as fuck to hear theres footy piling up.. 10 tricks x 5 seconds (average of clips/lines) = almost a minute of footy!

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2011, 03:54:27 AM »
if you don't appreciate gino on a skateboard, you don't appreciate skateboarding at it's purest. simple as that. in perspective, i don't know one person who would choose to snort a line of crack off a bum's rib cage rather than a line of the purest off the breast crevice of a Peruvian princess.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

evil swine

• Rep: 2
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2011, 04:56:53 AM »
How the hell can you not appreciate Gino? Style and tech not to mention how long he's been around.  Kalis makes a good point all these young guns will not understand. At the end of the day if Gino is having fun and still putting out video parts whether it's ten tricks or ten minutes why hate?

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2011, 05:29:20 AM »
from axel olson tumblr

you tossing and turning waiting for a Gino part in this next chocloate vid?
-angelcop

If there?s going to be one
- olson

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2011, 12:11:12 PM »
Who the fucks shane oneill?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2011, 02:20:27 PM »
ive always got the impression that he works hard for his tricks from the way gino himself explained it in laterd and that choc tour vid and pappalardo. he wont land it for ages and then boom. magic. for a modern day comparison hes like heath kirchart but on ledges and in the 90s. it looks so good and its technical and pushes the envelope. he has theee best nollie varial flip/heels ever. total board control. they dont flip they fold. back 3s are fucked. 360/180 shuvs look like magic. kickflips are instant.  and its not like hes slacking hes had a recent chocolate ad

im sure hes trying. in that last ep of his laterd it sounded like megan baltimore and guy mariano were trying to get him to come thru on a part and he had a bunch of clips at one of those la plazas for crailtap. maybe he just places really high expectations on himself more than other people possibly could.

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
he will probably have a shared part.