Author Topic: SKATE 4 RUMORS!  (Read 14163 times)

burm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: SKATE 4 RUMORS!
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 05:42:45 AM »
DLC for Skate3 would be enough, I'm happy with the game, but to keep it fresh it would be good to get more maps and gear occationally. Importing images to the graphic creator would help with deck and t-shirt graphics, but it would be cool to get some new different clothing items and shoes as well.

I'd like to get rid of all the underflips and shit, maybe put in impossibles and something, but I think it's ok if they don't make another one, because they might easily fuck the whole thing up.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

jackherer

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 10:16:29 AM »
maybe they're going to make "street league 2012"? so it's more in line with their other sports franchises and they can come up with a new one every year!

as gay as that would be i could see it happening.

TheyBannedColic

• Rep: -3
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »
Before I came here I was on the EA Skate Forums and the devs were on there pretty frequently, but yeah, skate 4 isn't happening. The Skate. series was meant to be a trilogy.

Unless someone buys the rights to the control scheme and makes their own game

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »
I always thought it'd be so sick if Rockstar teamed up with the Skate guys and basically opened up all the GTA maps as skateable cities. It'd be so fun.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

BriDen

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 10:33:54 PM »
Unless someone buys the rights to the control scheme and makes their own game

The same control scheme for the skate series is being used for the new ssx tricky game.

I'm not really worried about the probability of no skate4, though. When thps came out, it was the best shit since thrasher. Then skate came out and blew thps outta the water. Only a matter of time before something comes along and makes the skate series look like 720.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:08 AM »
I always thought it'd be so sick if Rockstar teamed up with the Skate guys and basically opened up all the GTA maps as skateable cities. It'd be so fun.

that would be the greatest thing ever! none of this convenient quarterpipe and 50 stairs shit.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2011, 10:35:43 AM »

Guess I'm not the only one who found "skate spots" while playing through GTA IV.

Rayden

• Rep: -4
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2011, 12:41:35 PM »

fully back this idea

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2011, 12:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Guess I'm not the only one who found "skate spots" while playing through GTA IV.

hopefully i'm not the only one who was back lipping building off of fire escapes on the motor bikes

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2011, 01:05:58 PM »
They will not make Skate 4. Chris "Cuz" Parry said so in an interview.

Where is the interview?

Russel Crowe

• Rep: -11
  • Live and die with your stupid ideas
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »
Skate 2 is the best skateboarding game ever made hands down.
agreed. i liked it way better than 3

tseebs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 06:09:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hopefully i'm not the only one who was back lipping building off of fire escapes on the motor bikes

hahaha I used to have back overcrooks on lock down huge rails on bikes in that game.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2011, 07:12:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you most definitely were NOT sir.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

no you were not, those motos bikes and bicycles were the best part of san andreas

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 04:43:10 PM »
Im not sure how active the Black Box team is anymore with the the Skate series, but i would really really like a DLC with the full map for skate 1 and skate 2, id fucking pay 20 dollars for that shit. Id take a straight port using some shitty automated texture updating program. In fact, someone should start a sort of email program or petition requesting such a thing.

In short, Black Box would you please

Perro Mojado

• Rep: 21
    • flickr avatar image
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2011, 05:48:26 PM »
that ssx game looks 100 times worse than the shaun white skate/snowboard games, they dunn fucked up

has anyone played the shaun white skateboarding game ? if so, how is it ?

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »

I always thought about this. The gta games would be perfect to skate. Back when i played vice city i would ride a motorcycle down handrails. I don't know if that is related to this but that is just what i did.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2011, 07:54:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I always thought about this. The gta games would be perfect to skate. Back when i played vice city i would ride a motorcycle down handrails. I don't know if that is related to this but that is just what i did.

yeah deffinatley, used to have a mean lipsilde on san andreas, vicecity was more about gaps and stepups for me

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2011, 10:03:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Skate 2 is the best skateboarding game ever made hands down.
[close]
agreed. i liked it way better than 3

Skate 3 mechanics with the Skate 2 city. I think Skate 2 is just so damn slow for some reason.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2011, 01:15:49 PM »
OG Skate was pretty much perfect besides some random spotty bullshit. I just like every little aesthetic detail about the first one.
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2011, 02:58:49 PM »
OG Skate was pretty much perfect besides some random spotty bullshit. I just like every little aesthetic detail about the first one.

Skate 4 should just equal Skate 3s mechanics tightened up with Skate 1s aesthetic.  Totally. 

And fools should update product lines, that'd be good.  And put Zig Zaggers in the game. 

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2011, 10:26:05 AM »
haha! The Street League thing could actually work, assuming that the game was mostly skating street, but the 'objective' was winning the contests. Hmm...