Author Topic: Eastcoast-ish Roadtrip. (Philly, D.C., VA, Knoxville, ATL, Jacksonville, etc.)  (Read 1307 times)

gkn00dlez

Tripping it at the end of August from Vermont back home to New Orleans and was wondering if anyone has any useful info on any of the cities that I plan on passing through. Parks, spots, parties, food, sights, whatever you have. The trip starts in Vermont and we plan on taking a weird route home. From NYC to Philly, D.C., Richmond, Asheville, Knoxville, ATL, Jacksonville, etc. Anywhere in between or not to far out of the way. I have the whole month to scour the internet but if there is any good hometown gems you would like to share feel free.

Cold Pizza

I can only speak for Philly since that's my place of residence.  Of course skate LOVE (it's hit or miss, but it's definitely still skatable........just be smart about your surroundings), FDR is right down Pattison Ave by the stadiums inside FDR park (ironic, right?).  Pops park is fun, but it's quite the drive from center city area.  Girard school is dope just to sight see the huge hubba (most recently) Eli Reed switch lipslide, or to skate the 3 block (philly step drop.....flatground trick.....oversized 3 stair.  There's a bunch of things at Drexel university too, UPenn has a bunch of dope shit including the Library ledges, and the big rail Maldonado 50-50s as his ender in Welcome to Hell.  Honestly, skate around and you'll find a bunch of sick shit to skate.  I mean gay shit.....but it's still fun.

Eschaton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
Also while you're in Philly, if you're feeling brave, take the train over to Camden. There's a good amount of shit to skate there that you won't get kicked out of but stay close to the waterfront or risk getting robbed.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
In DC definitely hit up the Welfare office ledges, Freedom Plaza, and look around in the mall (where all the monuments and museums are) there are tons of spots all over. Just don't spend too long at any one place because the whole city tends to be kind of a bust. Hit up Palace5 at 2216 14th St. NW, rad shop and the guys who work there are really cool. They'll help you find some other spots. I'm moving to Richmond in a few weeks, so I'm not super sure about spots yet, but go to Venue at 2926 W. Cary St. the dudes who work there are super rad, they'll definitely help you find some spots. Also, Gilbert Crockett rides for them, and chills in there a lot, which is cool.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
When you're in Knoxville check out Tyson Park.  It has a pool, a good sized bowl, a mellow tranny section, and a nice little street section.  Super fun if you like skating tranny.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
Head to the Bethlehem skate plaza on your way to Philly.  I've been  meaning to go all summer. 

Google Maps