Author Topic: are there other grip brands than jessup?  (Read 3178 times)

NYCasphaltSurfer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Re: are there other grip brands than jessup?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 11:33:26 AM »

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
i skate jessup exclusively.  i don't see the point of spending extra money on grip when its never going to wear out faster than the board itself.   

DeerTay

• Rep: -5
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 03:10:52 PM »
It's Pretzel grip or it's shit.

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 03:57:05 PM »
Jessup: The standard. Showed that you could actually get better grip by going finer. That perfect blend of slip-to-grip ratio. But now made in the PRC and it doesn't cut or wear the same, but still pretty good.

Mob: Grittier than Jessup. Applies well for the most part, but the odd thing is that although the holes do keep out air bubbles, it has a stiffer backing than most grips and will occasionally bind and wrinkle on certain kinds of decks, which is worse than an air bubble, IMHO.

Iron Horse: Feels flat. If you're looking to make your shoes last, or you like pre-worn grip, get Iron Horse.

Minilogo grip: Gummy backing that doesn't quite cut or feel right. Grit surface is adequate. Take it if it's free w/ board but if you have a choice, go w/ Jessup or Mob.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 09:27:51 PM »
I bought a box of black magic sheets off of ebay a while back.  Except for a few defective ones, they've been the usual top quality.  I've skated other grip that I'd get for free from mob, pig, and jessup.  Mob is the best of those except it really is too stiff.  I cut my black magic sheets into squares to apply.  Easy to keep it bubble free.