Author Topic: Mike Mo on DC  (Read 77351 times)

ivegotlevitation

Re: Mike Mo on DC
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2011, 07:13:10 PM »

swagdragon123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2011, 07:44:37 PM »
the mike mo 1
if shane o'neil leaves nike.....nike! then hes regular

matt.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2011, 07:56:39 PM »
fuck berra

Marty Mcfly

• Rep: 40
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2011, 08:00:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
...i remember the ryan smith 1.5 being pretty damn good and the gatsbys too. Not gonna lie most dcs last forever believe it or not. Lakais are the shit but sometimes u get your models that fall apart in a week and sometimes u get some that last u a month. Even if Adiddas and Nike are big brands that people regard as sellouts, theres no question they are made at a higher quality than any skate shoe out there
[close]

Adidas and Nike make the best skate shoes out there . They have bigger teams , more experiance , better materials and better everything .

And its kinda funny that DC that started out as a skate shoe brand and still is gets more hate then Adidas and Nike together . DC might sell shit to alot of none skaters . But atleast this allows a budget for parks , contests , bigger and better team and more money for them.

They still have Kalis , his pro shoes have always looked good and Ill always down to give money to that dude
[close]

Have to give your money to DGK, Silver and that sunglasses thing. No more DGKalis pro models.
[close]

Wrong.... My new shoe is done and is so sick!
Taking the shoe game to a new level. I really wish i could leak the photo's.. but i have to wait. Its the best cross between slim/clean toe.. with a cup sole that has the technology to prevent heal bruises. Its real sick.

Yeah dude I was thinking you were just referring to the last shoe at that, and the leeches in here that jumps on freebies didn't help on your shoe sale either.  So if any of the leeches in the last dgkalis giveaway could take hint, show some gratitude and fork out some money on those oh so high paying job of yours and order it at your shop.. And quit being leeches

Pro Baby Yeah!

HK

• Rep: -2

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2011, 08:15:05 PM »
I wish we knew the offers DC was throwing out there. If I was on Lakai or Fallen skating with those dudes the only other place id see myself wanting to be is Emerica. How hard could it be to tell DC no?

LemonParty

• Rep: -112

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2011, 10:15:58 AM »
I wish we knew the offers DC was throwing out there. If I was on Lakai or Fallen skating with those dudes the only other place id see myself wanting to be is Emerica. How hard could it be to tell DC no?
Dude is young and probably doesn't feel like he could ever make enough money (you could always have more). It's probably pretty hard to be like 22, and have some dude in your ear telling you how many millions you could be making if you just wore a different pair of shoes.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2011, 10:42:19 AM »

5 million over 5 years, is what I heard they were offering Malto.
I need a coffee

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2011, 10:46:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dude is young and probably doesn't feel like he could ever make enough money (you could always have more). It's probably pretty hard to be like 22, and have some dude in your ear telling you how many millions you could be making if you just wore a different pair of shoes.

and always having that thought of retiring with 30 in your mind.. or even less, if you can actually handle money and dont go crazy. i mean, if someone offered me a substantial amount of money for doing what i love, i sure wouldnt know how i would act. of course its easy for me to blame MikeMo for that, because i know that it will never happen to me and so i can always act like i wouldnt do it. also, i am on a messageboard in the internet, so i basically have to hate.

but i still hope that he will get his money somewhere else. maybe.

Fongstarr

• Rep: -1
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2011, 10:50:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Plus there are other skaters that are making tons of money that aren't even as good as Mike Mo. I think the guy deserves it considering how much star power he has.

china white

• Rep: 5
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2011, 11:01:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If someone wants to form some kind of judgment about me based entirely on what shoes I'm wearing, I could give a shit less what that idiot thinks about anything.�
[close]
This
[close]

You will be judged by what you're wearing at any real job interview you will ever have.

No, common DanDan, immediately allow real life to take the back seat, and wear puffy tongued skate shoes to any, and every, social and business situation you'll ever find yourself in for the rest of your life, and if things start to go south for you after the age of 25, merely raise your middle finger at the rest of the world, laugh, and generally just don't give a fuck.

Unlike Mr. DanDan, some of the people in here seem to be pretty detached from reality in a serious way. These people may be in for some hard knocks, and a few disappointments, along the way.

And to further address the highly intelligent and worldly individuals who didn't seem to appreciate my now highly controversial remark about opting to wear adidas and cons, because i prefer not to look like a 14yo, well, yes, that's still true. Skateboarding is merely one facet of my life, as it tends to become increasingly marginalized with age, responsibility, and other interests, and if that wasn't enough of a reason to NOT wear fallen, DC, Lakai, DVS, or Emerica etc. shoes on, or off, a board, then aesthetics easily are enough of a reason.  Also, it's less about how people who I don't even know, or care about, would judge me, but it's more of a personal choice to not look like a douche.  But, no, once again you are right, I should just resign myself to looking like a douche for the rest of my life, or at least the for-see-able future, as Scorpion1001 and Cold Pizza have done, just for the sake of supporting skater run/owned companies.    
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:05:16 AM by china white »

Samuel Gorgompus

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2011, 11:14:51 AM »
http://n-sb.org/10841/mike-mo-leaves-lakai-for-dc/news/

Berra's getting defensive - @steve_berra: "Everyone at the fake shoe site can come at me directly. Lunch this Friday pussies."

Kind of sad honestly.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »
Yeah!

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2011, 11:20:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

and always having that thought of retiring with 30 in your mind.. or even less, if you can actually handle money and dont go crazy. i mean, if someone offered me a substantial amount of money for doing what i love, i sure wouldnt know how i would act. of course its easy for me to blame MikeMo for that, because i know that it will never happen to me and so i can always act like i wouldnt do it. also, i am on a messageboard in the internet, so i basically have to hate.

but i still hope that he will get his money somewhere else. maybe.

THIS ! ... one very bad landing or just a stupid kickflip might end one`s career ... so u pretty much have to grab the cash while u can ... and ... it is dc ... and it is not like he is starting another shoe-company with berra and j.cassanova ... i really liked the first dc vid , but i have never ever skated one of theirs shoes ... damm ... if he puts out two or three more parts ... i cant say anything against this money-move !

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »
Maybe your heron use has clouded your judgement, lakai/dc/emerica all make super slim simple shoes, unless you are really just buying for the brand name.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

china white

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »
Maybe your heron use has clouded your judgement, lakai/dc/emerica all make super slim simple shoes, unless you are really just buying for the brand name.

yes, i am using too much "heron." During periods of sobriety, when i think of lakai/dc/emerica, i think "super slim simple shoes", and they definitely do not look regular on or off the board.   

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »
they def need to bring back dem dc lynx joints. i wanna get my brian wenning on and switch back tail on benches n shit b.

ayo kalis i know you b readin dis shit. tell dem niggas at dc to chill with the bullshit and bring back the lynx.....and i'll let dat ridiculousness shit with dyrdick slide nahmean.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:43:19 AM by Big Skatefase »

yescomply

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2011, 11:47:02 AM »
I could see any of the Sole Tech guys going. Been hearing they are having some major money issues.
its mainly just etnies and that thirty two snowboarding shit.
there splitting it into two bits. etnies and thirthy two and the other half emerica aand altamont the two who arnt really having any problems.
its all to do with etnies being fucked but they wont give it up because it there baby

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2011, 11:49:22 AM »
the skateboarding industry is shit.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If someone wants to form some kind of judgment about me based entirely on what shoes I'm wearing, I could give a shit less what that idiot thinks about anything.�
[close]
This
[close]

You will be judged by what you're wearing at any real job interview you will ever have.
[close]

No, common DanDan, immediately allow real life to take the back seat, and wear puffy tongued skate shoes to any, and every, social and business situation you'll ever find yourself in for the rest of your life, and if things start to go south for you after the age of 25, merely raise your middle finger at the rest of the world, laugh, and generally just don't give a fuck.

Unlike Mr. DanDan, some of the people in here seem to be pretty detached from reality in a serious way. These people may be in for some hard knocks, and a few disappointments, along the way.

And to further address the highly intelligent and worldly individuals who didn't seem to appreciate my now highly controversial remark about opting to wear adidas and cons, because i prefer not to look like a 14yo, well, yes, that's still true. Skateboarding is merely one facet of my life, as it tends to become increasingly marginalized with age, responsibility, and other interests, and if that wasn't enough of a reason to NOT wear fallen, DC, Lakai, DVS, or Emerica etc. shoes on, or off, a board, then aesthetics easily are enough of a reason.  Also, it's less about how people who I don't even know, or care about, would judge me, but it's more of a personal choice to not look like a douche.  But, no, once again you are right, I should just resign myself to looking like a douche for the rest of my life, or at least the for-see-able future, as Scorpion1001 and Cold Pizza have done, just for the sake of supporting skater run/owned companies.    

Just get a pair of Allen Edmonds and you'll be covered. I suppose that if you could only wear one shoe for business/interviews/skateboarding/etc. I'd go for something a little more conservative than Adidas (I'll always associate that brand with Korn) or Cons--perhaps a Gravis Dylan in black.

china white

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2011, 12:51:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
This
[close]

[close]

[close]

Just get a pair of Allen Edmonds and you'll be covered. I suppose that if you could only wear one shoe for business/interviews/skateboarding/etc. I'd go for something a little more conservative than Adidas (I'll always associate that brand with Korn) or Cons--perhaps a Gravis Dylan in black.

yes, Chavo, I only have 1 pair of shoes, and need to make sure I have all my bases covered. i like to line my schedule up so that after a heavy, sweaty session, i can go right to work or an interview, and then to meet my girlfreind or a friend for dinner at a decent restaurant in downtown manhattan, all without changing shoes once. no. 

however, you pulled kind of a bait and switch, neglecting to really address either of the points here. 1- like it or not, you will inevitably be judged for the type of shoe you wear, whether that be in a work/business environment, or just for chilling. saying fuck the world, i don't care what anyone thinks of me, i'm just going to wear painfully obvious skate shoes in any, and all, situations is a bit ridiculous. 2- most of the strictly skate shoes listed above are pretty sore on the eye, more-so than shoes made by cons or adidas. some vans are fine with me, aesthetically, although they hurt my feet to skate in. 3- (i suppose) while i understand the "for the good of skateboarding" argument, at teh end of the day, i am not going to sacrifice my own preferences for the sake of a skate shoe brand.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2011, 12:56:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
This
[close]

[close]

[close]

you must be one of the few people in america who still thinks about/associates anything with Korn.

If anything, I associate Adidas with Run DMC, which just makes me like them more.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

blake guzman

• Rep: -14
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2011, 06:49:15 PM »
When they make a deal that big - $5m over 5 years , or something similar - do you think that DC puts in an easy termination clause? like, "we don't think you are getting enough fotty, so, terminate." I wonder if he would do better in the long run to stay with guys that might keep him around longer. then again, it's not like the Crail fam did Mike York any favors, so why would they for Mike Mo?

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2011, 08:30:43 PM »
When they make a deal that big - $5m over 5 years , or something similar - do you think that DC puts in an easy termination clause? like, "we don't think you are getting enough fotty, so, terminate." I wonder if he would do better in the long run to stay with guys that might keep him around longer. then again, it's not like the Crail fam did Mike York any favors, so why would they for Mike Mo?

that reminds me of pj, i wonder what his contract looked like, it felt like they dropped him like 6 months after his shoe came out, that was a weird move.

and that n-sb site just continually shit on cairo... guy was the first rider to be asked to join the team, been there since day one (after mike and rick), rides for enjoi, one of the most "stylish" and "creative" brands in skating, and they treat him like hes fucking austin stephens of something.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2011, 08:58:28 PM »
I still dont think it should be all about the money . Ive taken several times jobs that pay me less , makes me work more hours and more hard work  . I do it cause its more interesting work at those places and you learn more . Plus you get it one the resume

It would be like World Ind telling me they would pay me more , then chocolate . But ofc I would go to Chocolate

Im not saying pro skaters should be all skate rats ,5 dudes sleeping on floors and couches . But do you really have to be Dyrdek ( just a example )  rich ?   super big house MTV cribs style . 4 cars . TVs bigger then some of ours appartments .

Is it really that bad to have to work another job after skating ? what about working in the industry making it better ? or help building parks .  Fuck it go to school and get a good job ? .

Anyways , maybe Im not making much sense .  But after reading the new stuff on YWS and from what Ive seen on the berrics . Id rather stay at a small company then get into a company with fucking Steve Berra . I usualy dont talk shit about ppl  but fuck that dude

DGKALIS

• Rep: 534
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2011, 10:14:32 PM »
Normally i would stay out of a conversation like this... but there are a few things i got to say.

Its one thing to not like a company.. or their riders.. but to be so naive about what is really going on and spreading false info is pretty crazy.

Monty Burns...
Dyrdek has done so much for so many skaters. Not to mention all the consulting he has done for some of YOUR favorite companies. Getting skaters deals that have nothing to do with him, helping young dudes about to make bad decisions make better ones, helping companies with business plans, and even marketing strategies... the list goes on and on. I know you probably can't see through his TV fame.. and the money he's bringing in... he's doing a lot. Fuck.. just the Plaza's alone are enough for you to respect the dude.

Im not going to get into any DC/Mike Mo talk... thats still under speculation.. and if it comes true.. thats for either Mo or DC to release.

However, Have you ever sat back and wondered that maybe companies don't always approach the skater. That maybe the skater approaches the company?? Sure DC may approach people.. but there are MANY folks coming to DC every day trying to get on. And for good reason.

Over the years... when pro shoes were popping up big time... DC always treated the rider with a fair royalty. That means the skater ACTUALLY got paid a decent percent of the shoe that sold with their name on it. Well.. come to find out.. there was A TON of dudes in the shoe world getting ripped the fuck off. Making 3 times LESS than the industry standard. Those dudes are some of YOUR favorite skaters. The companies actually paid them in cents per shoe sold. Thats fucked. Dudes that deserved way more money because of sales... weren't getting it. DC NEVER has ripped off any rider. Ever.

So reading some of you alls statements about DC being lame or wack, or whatever... they take care of their people. And there are alot of guys that want and need to be taken care of. But instead... they sit back and get ripped off.

One example i'll give you... One of the hottest selling shoes right now is a pro who s cool as fuck. He deserves every bit of royalty. But the company he rides for decided to make the identical shoe WITHOUT his name on it. Why? To under cut him? I don't know.. but to me thats fucked. And that is something DC would never even consider. Shit... your probably wearing the shoe right now. lol.

Anyway... There is a lot more than a paycheck when it comes down to riding for DC. Its loyalty. Not only from the skater.. but from the company. And for the dudes who have been cut in the past... well you have to be fucking up for quite a long time, with MANY warnings of getting your shit together before that happens. But at the end of the day... if you can't produce whats asked.. you will get fired. Just like in the real world.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »

Monty Burns...
Dyrdek has done so much for so many skaters. Not to mention all the consulting he has done for some of YOUR favorite companies. Getting skaters deals that have nothing to do with him, helping young dudes about to make bad decisions make better ones, helping companies with business plans, and even marketing strategies... the list goes on and on. I know you probably can't see through his TV fame.. and the money he's bringing in... he's doing a lot. Fuck.. just the Plaza's alone are enough for you to respect the dude.

Well , I didnt mean to single out Dyrdek in that way . I guess its kinda the way I write sometimes that gets messed up

Dyrdek was one of my fav skaters back in the time code area . And I dont really have a problem with him making money or being on tv . I know hes done alot for AWS , Parks and other skaters . And he seems like a nice guy from what ive seen on some vids ( havent seen him on his shows since I dont watch TV)

I just used him as a example of somebody who is in skating and who is rich .

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:41:38 PM by Monty Burns »

KatyPerry

• Rep: -1
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2011, 10:35:25 PM »

shots fired
holy shit. i was just about to say something about that. what a low blow to cairo.