Author Topic: Mike Mo on DC  (Read 77364 times)

AdrianLopez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mike Mo on DC
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2011, 04:32:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
come on give us SOMETHING about what happened with pj!
[close]
Out of respect for PJ and DC... i leave that to speculation.
[close]
Oh man, you can't leave that to speculation. we'll all just assume the worst: PJ wasn't getting enough coverage so someone high up at DC pulled the plug on his contract.  
[close]

That speaks for PJ. Never has been a drama queen like Berra or Koston, PJ lets his skateing speak. (also we wish he would drop more footy...it has been ages since he dropped a full part)
Your guys' take-it-away should be that Kalis refuses to rip PJ and ignored the opportunity to give a reason why he is no longer on DC = Kalis stand-up guy.

That being said, there obviously was a genuine business beef with him and DC.  Wasn't coverage -- he had a "Banging'" spot on The Berrics the week he was taken off the DC site (Berra charity?).  

We'll never know, so quit asking.  PJ Ladd we look forward to your footage.  
[close]
...or maybe he knows for a fact DC that was wrong in this case and doesn't want to speak out against them. God forbid he actually say something negative about the almighty DC Footwear. I guess it makes sense though, you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you. Whatever.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

masturskater

• Rep: 20
« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
jesus christ you fucks are annoying

1dxxxx

« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2011, 08:52:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Oh man, you can't leave that to speculation. we'll all just assume the worst: PJ wasn't getting enough coverage so someone high up at DC pulled the plug on his contract.  
[close]

Your guys' take-it-away should be that Kalis refuses to rip PJ and ignored the opportunity to give a reason why he is no longer on DC = Kalis stand-up guy.

That being said, there obviously was a genuine business beef with him and DC.  Wasn't coverage -- he had a "Banging'" spot on The Berrics the week he was taken off the DC site (Berra charity?).  

[close]
...or maybe he knows for a fact that DC was wrong in this case and doesn't want to speak out against them. God forbid he actually says something negative about the almighty DC Footwear. I guess it makes sense though, you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you. Whatever.

DC was in the wrong? the guy probably made over 6 figures a year to represent DC and he goes on the most publicized website in skateboarding and is wearing another companies shoes? Try going to your job at burger king wearing a taco bell uniform and see if they keep you around. I know this is supposed to be "skateboarding", but nobody would put up with that shit.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
Whenever I read that Tony Hawk autobiography I always get hungry for Taco Bell and Fruitopia

mbquant

« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2011, 09:04:09 PM »
Whenever I read that Tony Hawk autobiography I always get hungry for Taco Bell and Fruitopia

Bahaha, I read that when it first came out about 10 years ago. I only remembered the Taco Bell part and something about him having groupies chasing him in his hotel room while he was in his early teens. Lucky bastard.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #215 on: October 23, 2011, 09:39:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bahaha, I read that when it first came out about 10 years ago. I only remembered the Taco Bell part and something about him having groupies chasing him in his hotel room while he was in his early teens. Lucky bastard.

dude it was cool in that book hearing about heath and jeremy filming for the end and how nuts they were

im probably lying

DGKALIS

• Rep: 534
« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2011, 01:35:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
...or maybe he knows for a fact that DC was wrong in this case and doesn't want to speak out against them. God forbid he actually says something negative about the almighty DC Footwear. I guess it makes sense though, you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you. Whatever.
[close]

DC was in the wrong? the guy probably made over 6 figures a year to represent DC and he goes on the most publicized website in skateboarding and is wearing another companies shoes? Try going to your job at burger king wearing a taco bell uniform and see if they keep you around. I know this is supposed to be "skateboarding", but nobody would put up with that shit.

As far as i know... Pj doesn't have a shoe sponser yet... And I'm not going to publicly put out the situations that happened between them out there. I have a lot of respect for the dude.... As a skater and person, and that's that.

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2011, 12:07:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Did I ever say DC did anything wrong? How on Earth would I even know that? I just implied that they MIGHT have done something wrong and Kalis wouldn't want to diss them because he still rides for them and everything. Learn how to read you dingbat. None of us up here except DGKalis know what really happened. If he doesn't want to say anything that might make DC seem less than perfect, I understand that. Anything other than what he, PJ, or someone from DC says is pure speculation.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »
let it go man. the video was called pj ladd's wonderful horrible life for a reason.

[email protected]

• Rep: -1
« Reply #219 on: October 25, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »
i skipped a bunch of shit so this might have already been said but i'm fucking sheckler bitch

the reason that DC gets hate from the shoes that non sk8rz wear and vans doesn't is because the 'i don't skate' DC's are fucking court graphix and other dumb ass looking chongo shoes. The 'idontsk8!' vans are just people rocking normal ass vans like some slips or eras. the people who rock the chongo dc shoes are fuckin chongos and shit dudes who wear metal militia shirts and fucking monster energy drink hates. WHO WANTS TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THAT? (i do #sheckler); and the people who rock vans usually dress well and shit. skateboarding is all about fashion anyways so if people fuck with 'OUR' shoes when they dont sk8 as long as they're fashionable like us then we dont care

u  no?

Ryan Sheckler - 420 every day, tupac is alive, only god can judge me

LazyEinstein

• Rep: -138
« Reply #220 on: October 25, 2011, 02:41:10 PM »
i skipped a bunch of shit so this might have already been said but i'm fucking sheckler bitch

the reason that DC gets hate from the shoes that non sk8rz wear and vans doesn't is because the 'i don't skate' DC's are fucking court graphix and other dumb ass looking chongo shoes. The 'idontsk8!' vans are just people rocking normal ass vans like some slips or eras. the people who rock the chongo dc shoes are fuckin chongos and shit dudes who wear metal militia shirts and fucking monster energy drink hates. WHO WANTS TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THAT? (i do #sheckler); and the people who rock vans usually dress well and shit. skateboarding is all about fashion anyways so if people fuck with 'OUR' shoes when they dont sk8 as long as they're fashionable like us then we dont care

u  no?

I actually started reading your post but randomly phrased out mid way through the second sentence. I think it was a mix of confusion and boredom. In either case, I decided not to continue.
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

Chipp

• Rep: -10
« Reply #221 on: October 25, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »
Expand Quote

u  no?

[close]

I actually started reading your post but randomly phrased out mid way through the second sentence. I think it was a mix of confusion and boredom. In either case, I decided not to continue.

tsss tss you really are like lazy they should like call you like the lazeinsteinberg or sumfin' tss tss

Bryan Muller

« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
Nike, Adidas, & Converse all have one thing in common. THEY DO NOT BELONG ON A SKATEBOARD! As skaters all we have is ourselves to blame for it. By skateshops/real skaters rocking the swoosh before it was "the shit" we gave Nike the respect & credibility it needed to cash in. Now while the big three brands are struggling to generate enough profit to pay the salaries of top pro's they have plans to whore themselves out even further.
Let's take a moment to reflect on the past decade to properly illustrate how we have let corporate America infect our "sport" as they would refer to it. In the beginning it started off as Nike SB. Exclusive Dunk colorways that sold like crack accompanied by shoes such as E-Cue's, URL's & Angus's that you couldn't pay someone to skate in and sold like shit. Once the skateeshops were enslaved to the brand and demand was strong they brought in 6.0 and blew it out to the malls and razor scooter'ers. Then came"P-Rod by SB" which was Nike's foot in the mall's door. Next step in takeover comes in Spring of 2012 and we all have to look forward to Nike SB's in Zumiez, Journey's, and oh yes....PAC SUN. And when I say SB's in these fine retailers I mean Janoski's, Kostons...the whole line.  Oh and it get's better too...I have good friends who work at Zumiez corporate (yes it's sad but true) who have confirmed there are exclusive colorways for these stores.

With that said I am all for the Lakai's, Van's, Emerica's, Es' (RIP), and hell even DC's to be successful brands in our industry once again. To see a brand like DC tossing retirement sized contracts at Cole, Mo, & maybe Nyjah or whoever else is a breath of fresh air. If we could get Koston, Janoski, Buzenits, Silas, Kenny, and Trapasso to jump to lejit footwear brands I gaurantee they could sell just as many shoes. Hell, they might even sell more  & save a few skateshops in the process because then I could actually justify slipping my foot into their models.. You know skateboarding is at an all time low when brands founded on the sole principal of making products for skateboarders struggle as they go up against corporations with no roots in our culture. If we as skaters don't wake up and support core brands and local shops which are both OWNED BY REAL SKATEBOARDERS neither the shops or the brands are going to stand a chance in the future.
All I ask is that next time you step into your local skate shop think twice before swiping your Mommy's Visa card.
Or maybe it's a good thing... After all without the brainless minions rocking their swoosh's and uniforms there would be nothing seperating the lifer's from the masses.
I'm sure I will get some hate for this so rave on...

FiftyScent

« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2011, 12:13:37 PM »
Nike, Adidas, & Converse all have one thing in common. THEY DO NOT BELONG ON A SKATEBOARD! As skaters all we have is ourselves to blame for it. By skateshops/real skaters rocking the swoosh before it was "the shit" we gave Nike the respect & credibility it needed to cash in. Now while the big three brands are struggling to generate enough profit to pay the salaries of top pro's they have plans to whore themselves out even further.
Let's take a moment to reflect on the past decade to properly illustrate how we have let corporate America infect our "sport" as they would refer to it. In the beginning it started off as Nike SB. Exclusive Dunk colorways that sold like crack accompanied by shoes such as E-Cue's, URL's & Angus's that you couldn't pay someone to skate in and sold like shit. Once the skateeshops were enslaved to the brand and demand was strong they brought in 6.0 and blew it out to the malls and razor scooter'ers. Then came"P-Rod by SB" which was Nike's foot in the mall's door. Next step in takeover comes in Spring of 2012 and we all have to look forward to Nike SB's in Zumiez, Journey's, and oh yes....PAC SUN. And when I say SB's in these fine retailers I mean Janoski's, Kostons...the whole line.  Oh and it get's better too...I have good friends who work at Zumiez corporate (yes it's sad but true) who have confirmed there are exclusive colorways for these stores.

With that said I am all for the Lakai's, Van's, Emerica's, Es' (RIP), and hell even DC's to be successful brands in our industry once again. To see a brand like DC tossing retirement sized contracts at Cole, Mo, & maybe Nyjah or whoever else is a breath of fresh air. If we could get Koston, Janoski, Buzenits, Silas, Kenny, and Trapasso to jump to lejit footwear brands I gaurantee they could sell just as many shoes. Hell, they might even sell more  & save a few skateshops in the process because then I could actually justify slipping my foot into their models.. You know skateboarding is at an all time low when brands founded on the sole principal of making products for skateboarders struggle as they go up against corporations with no roots in our culture. If we as skaters don't wake up and support core brands and local shops which are both OWNED BY REAL SKATEBOARDERS neither the shops or the brands are going to stand a chance in the future.
All I ask is that next time you step into your local skate shop think twice before swiping your Mommy's Visa card.
Or maybe it's a good thing... After all without the brainless minions rocking their swoosh's and uniforms there would be nothing seperating the lifer's from the masses.

LOL @ that being your first post.

whos to say that nike adidas, etc. dont belong on skateboards? quality skate shoes are what belong on skateboards & thats what they make. period. a fucking non-SB nike dunk has more skate shoe qualities than a vans era or authentic, so i aint tryna hear that shit. at the end of the day its all about quality & performance. people are gonna buy what works.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:17:40 PM by FiftyScent »

mbquant

« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2011, 12:43:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Let's take a moment to reflect on the past decade to properly illustrate how we have let corporate America infect our "sport" as they would refer to it. In the beginning it started off as Nike SB. Exclusive Dunk colorways that sold like crack accompanied by shoes such as E-Cue's, URL's & Angus's that you couldn't pay someone to skate in and sold like shit. Once the skateeshops were enslaved to the brand and demand was strong they brought in 6.0 and blew it out to the malls and razor scooter'ers. Then came"P-Rod by SB" which was Nike's foot in the mall's door. Next step in takeover comes in Spring of 2012 and we all have to look forward to Nike SB's in Zumiez, Journey's, and oh yes....PAC SUN. And when I say SB's in these fine retailers I mean Janoski's, Kostons...the whole line.  Oh and it get's better too...I have good friends who work at Zumiez corporate (yes it's sad but true) who have confirmed there are exclusive colorways for these stores.

With that said I am all for the Lakai's, Van's, Emerica's, Es' (RIP), and hell even DC's to be successful brands in our industry once again. To see a brand like DC tossing retirement sized contracts at Cole, Mo, & maybe Nyjah or whoever else is a breath of fresh air. If we could get Koston, Janoski, Buzenits, Silas, Kenny, and Trapasso to jump to lejit footwear brands I gaurantee they could sell just as many shoes. Hell, they might even sell more  & save a few skateshops in the process because then I could actually justify slipping my foot into their models.. You know skateboarding is at an all time low when brands founded on the sole principal of making products for skateboarders struggle as they go up against corporations with no roots in our culture. If we as skaters don't wake up and support core brands and local shops which are both OWNED BY REAL SKATEBOARDERS neither the shops or the brands are going to stand a chance in the future.
[close]

LOL @ that being your first post.

whos to say that nike adidas, etc. dont belong on skateboards? quality skate shoes are what belong on skateboards & thats what they make. period. a fucking non-SB nike dunk has more skate shoe qualities than a vans era or authentic, so i aint tryna hear that shit. at the end of the day its all about quality & performance. people are gonna buy what works.

It's sad but true. I was really against Adidas making skate shoes at first, but after having a few pairs of Lakai fall apart within a few sessions, I decided to give the Busenitz a try and they outlasted any shoe I've ever had. I have some cognitive dissonance about skating Adidas because I'd love to support core companies, but it's hard to keep throwing money away on low quality shoes. I'm fully up for suggestions if anyone has had a different experience with other skateboarding companies, but for now I'm sticking with what works.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2011, 02:38:35 PM »
whos to say that nike adidas, etc. dont belong on skateboards?
Me.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
Let's take a moment to reflect on the past decade to properly illustrate how we have let corporate America infect our "sport" as they would refer to it. In the beginning it started off as Nike SB. Exclusive Dunk colorways that sold like crack accompanied by shoes such as E-Cue's, URL's & Angus's that you couldn't pay someone to skate in and sold like shit. Once the skateeshops were enslaved to the brand and demand was strong they brought in 6.0 and blew it out to the malls and razor scooter'ers. Then came"P-Rod by SB" which was Nike's foot in the mall's door. Next step in takeover comes in Spring of 2012 and we all have to look forward to Nike SB's in Zumiez, Journey's, and oh yes....PAC SUN. And when I say SB's in these fine retailers I mean Janoski's, Kostons...the whole line.  Oh and it get's better too...I have good friends who work at Zumiez corporate (yes it's sad but true) who have confirmed there are exclusive colorways for these stores.

With that said I am all for the Lakai's, Van's, Emerica's, Es' (RIP), and hell even DC's to be successful brands in our industry once again. To see a brand like DC tossing retirement sized contracts at Cole, Mo, & maybe Nyjah or whoever else is a breath of fresh air. If we could get Koston, Janoski, Buzenits, Silas, Kenny, and Trapasso to jump to lejit footwear brands I gaurantee they could sell just as many shoes. Hell, they might even sell more  & save a few skateshops in the process because then I could actually justify slipping my foot into their models.. You know skateboarding is at an all time low when brands founded on the sole principal of making products for skateboarders struggle as they go up against corporations with no roots in our culture. If we as skaters don't wake up and support core brands and local shops which are both OWNED BY REAL SKATEBOARDERS neither the shops or the brands are going to stand a chance in the future.

I am gonna buy the product where I get the most bang for my buck. Dishing out on buying some SB's is a good investment since they out perform most shoes on the market today. It is quality that that makes the difference n the end.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

tobal

• Rep: -11
« Reply #227 on: October 30, 2011, 02:26:35 AM »
Expand Quote
whos to say that nike adidas, etc. dont belong on skateboards?
[close]
Me.

6.0 for all of you Nike lovers. Skateboarding !

sebastian

• Rep: -16
« Reply #228 on: October 30, 2011, 03:11:42 AM »
so how about guys like kenny anderson amongst others skateboarding with converse way back in the day? i mean converse are basically skate shoes, with or without the fact that now they have a skate team. same with nike and adidas, who made some of the most skateable shoes before even starting a skateboard team. i remember my first shoes i skated in being some random non-skate shoes from a department store, and they were awesome.

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #229 on: October 30, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am gonna buy the product where I get the most bang for my buck. Dishing out on buying some SB's is a good investment since they out perform most shoes on the market today. It is quality that that makes the difference n the end.

i hate to say this, but your post has given me another, albeit way more cynical view, on core companies. one could say that these older pros now who own these core show companies are just milking the industry. now hear me out. pros back then skated in nikes, and cons, alot, plus a bunch of other shoe brands that are now defunct. now that they have grown older and do not have the revenue from their career, they propose a "core" show company thats "for skaters, by skaters." the one thing i always hated was that after some guy whos been skating his whole life and doesnt know anything else except being a 15 year old forever starts a company, hes transformed into a business man and great product designer. its like if lebron quit in 10 years and makes his own shoes, chances are theyre gonna be shit compared to nikes and adidas', because those guys make SHOES. you cant argue against quality. i know we all love to champion our pros and see them still skating, but cmon, you know in their mind theres at least the thought where they CANT leave the skate industry and try to find a way to stay in, where they make product. as much as we hate capitalism, the whole industry is built on capitalism and selling your name, and thats why the core argument is weak, you vote with your dollar, get the most for it. im not buying manchesters so they rip in 2 weeks and mike and rickk get to sell their 15dollar slippers for the same price as quality shoes, neither am i getting an omit shirt, the worst is vans, they are corporate with core aesthetics.

jimi420

« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »
i'm fucking sheckler
That's all I got out of what you said.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #231 on: October 30, 2011, 02:17:49 PM »
If Mountain/BA is down for Nike, Gonz for Adidas, and Kenny A for Cons, then I'm down for them as well. RIP to eS but every SoleTech shoe I try on feels like shit.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2011, 03:28:17 PM »
Aren't Vans Vanity Fair or some super corporation? Skate companies started making crappy shoes early 2000s. Nike and Adidas started to make quality and cleaned up. Sole Tech and Lakai went through an era of making really cheap Vulc crap. I was all for keeping it among the skate companies butt they fuct it :-\
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

BraveUlysses

« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »
If Mountain/BA is down for Nike, Gonz for Adidas, and Kenny A for Cons, then I'm down for them as well. RIP to eS but every SoleTech shoe I try on feels like shit.
A lot of people will be down for a lot of things if you throw a lot of money at em. Also this would be the perfect time for Lakai to bump Karl up
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:12:08 PM by BraveUlysses »

mbquant

« Reply #234 on: October 30, 2011, 06:57:57 PM »
Even with everyone leaving, Lakai still has a pretty good team. I especially like seeing Raven tear it up. Their shoes still look pretty good and I'd love to keep supporting them. It's just that their quality has fallen through the floor. I bought a pair of the Mike Mo shoes and they literally fell apart the first day. The air thing in the sole fell out within hours. I glued it back in, but the rest of them went to shit by day 2. Even if they still had the Fully Flared team, I wouldn't want to pay for their shoes. I haven't worn DC in over a decade, so I'm not sure if their quality is any better.

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #235 on: November 01, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »
Aren't Vans Vanity Fair or some super corporation? Skate companies started making crappy shoes early 2000s. Nike and Adidas started to make quality and cleaned up. Sole Tech and Lakai went through an era of making really cheap Vulc crap. I was all for keeping it among the skate companies butt they fuct it :-\
Fallen and Emerica make great shoes. I don't know what you're talking about.

china white

• Rep: 5
« Reply #236 on: November 01, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »
I have good friends who work at Zumiez corporate (yes it's sad but true) who have confirmed there are exclusive colorways for these stores.

you have friends who work at zumiez corporate? dude, you're such a sell out, you should only have "core" friends.

china white

• Rep: 5
« Reply #237 on: November 01, 2011, 12:50:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Fallen and Emerica make great shoes. I don't know what you're talking about.
i would rather skate any semi-skateable non-skate shoe than be caught dead in either of these, especially the latter.

SLABGates

• Rep: -2
« Reply #238 on: November 01, 2011, 01:01:29 PM »

Vans is owned by wrangler. CCS is owned by footlocker. and converse is owned by nike.

and the best way to support "core" companies is to buy from your local skate shop, not zumiez or online. So stop hating on the capitalist world that you live in and just embrace it...and the nike sb mid.

dipsteeze

• Rep: -22
« Reply #239 on: November 01, 2011, 01:54:21 PM »
Sucks so bad hes on DC when I see him which is usually like everyday I always lick the bottom of his shoes and Lakai's taste way better than DC's this news changed and affected my life tremendously "I" havent been the same since