Author Topic: Albuquerque  (Read 2648 times)

Hannity

Albuquerque
« on: May 14, 2011, 09:28:07 PM »
sup slap pals

i'm going to ABQ in june for a few days (and moving there in august for grad school) and wanted to know if anybody knew of good spots, restaurants, cougar bars, etcc fun things to do while there. what are the cool neighborhoods where are the slums, y'know

and also where can i score some dank in this city

thanks

Trickskatin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Albuquerque
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »
Go to the Indian School Ditch. Have someone drop you off towards the top and have fun.

La Cueva High School is awesome.

Alamosa and Baca skateparks are sick.

Have transportation other than your skateboard.

I spent two days in Albuquerque with some friends in March. Super sick but spots/parks are mostly pretty far apart so having a car or being with someone who does seems pretty critical.

Alamosa park isn't in the best part of town so I would hit that one during the day. Both parks have lights until 10 which is rad.

Also if you're coming from sea level, be prepared to be tired/out of breath/get drunk with less alcohol, Albuquerque is pretty high altitude.

Get some green chile. My friend took us to a place called Frontier that was really good.

Have fun.

Shadow4437

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 12:28:16 AM »
Eat at the Frontier while you're here, that place is the BOMB! Alamosa/Baca skate park are awesome as said above, both good parks, and Baca is down the street from another sick school to skate. I'd be wary of Los Altos though, slightly sketchy. It's HEAVEN for ditches here, Indian school Ditch is incredibly great. Lot of stuff to skate man, and it's usually ALWAYS nice here.

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 11:40:10 AM »
i love ALBQ, haven't got to skate local spots, but the area by the college is really cool and that alamosa park is insane.

AlaskaChance

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »
Good advice above, does anyone know where some of the good ditches, and that triple are at.  Going on a day trip film excursion there around January 10th if anyone is down to be a guide/skate for the day, or has good spot recomendations.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 04:43:46 PM »
University of New Mexico is the place 2b! Quite a few spots and an abundance of attractive women!

+Alamosa skatepark is in the brick, so if you are white, don't go there at night!

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 11:24:25 AM »
I'm white and I want to sk8 Alamosa park at night alone when I visit.  Will I get bludgeoned by white-hating tough guys?  Is there a 9/10 chance that i'll get killed executioner style in front of latino children on scooters?

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 11:39:36 AM »
I'm white and I want to sk8 Alamosa park at night alone when I visit.  Will I get bludgeoned by white-hating tough guys?  Is there a 9/10 chance that i'll get killed executioner style in front of latino children on scooters?

10/10. Refer to first link here:

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=56458.0

bo golden

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 04:46:41 AM »
I'm going in a couple of weeks for work, so probably not a lot of skating, but was wondering if anyone on here knew of good places to eat, drink, or chill.  Thanks! 

Oh, and I would like to see the spot with the bank to red rails on the top, if anyone know where that is.  Thanks again!