Author Topic: new jay-z  (Read 5523 times)

Mizzark

Re: new jay-z
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 09:41:07 PM »
Mature is right. F*ckin pigs and their mainstream bullsh*t. J Dilla, 'Sop Rock, Slugg, the subject matter is way more intelligent than "Crunk" crap.

Mizzerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
    • stella avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 09:47:58 PM »
GUYs I LISTEN TO IMMORTAL TECH AND A LITLE JEDI. THAT SHIT GETS ME AMPED TO SKATE. THA MOST LEGIT SHIT OUT

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 10:03:04 PM »
Mature is right. F*ckin pigs and their mainstream bullsh*t. J Dilla, 'Sop Rock, Slugg, the subject matter is way more intelligent than "Crunk" crap.

r.i.p j dilla.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

obeygiant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 04:59:38 PM »

you can listen to both .. i just take the stupid shit with a grain of salt

Mizzark

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the post you quoted was fake you're a moron

colinsthename

• Rep: 21
  • Ripping.
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 11:55:57 AM »
back to the beginning, group home is the shit.  that's all i've been listening to lately.
I hope one day Steve Austin is walking the street, I throw him a beer, and he stunners you.

Cuong Nguyen

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 08:14:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

the only way you know who group home is because of jimmy lannons part from westside video.

Mizzark

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2006, 10:43:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

the only way you know who group home is because of jimmy lannons part from westside video.

I dont know what that is but Im sure that reference was hilarious cuong

colinsthename

• Rep: 21
  • Ripping.
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2006, 02:25:52 PM »
the fact that someone actually listens to group home for any reason besides a skate video is totally rediculous.  i mean jeez, who really listens to older east coast rap anyway?  stupid mizzark.

I hope one day Steve Austin is walking the street, I throw him a beer, and he stunners you.

uruguay

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2006, 03:37:56 PM »
totally rediculous.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2006, 05:52:27 PM »
i just heard the new jay-z song and it suxxxxxx

uruguay

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2006, 05:59:47 PM »
no way its nailz

quit

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2006, 11:25:42 PM »
Mainstream doesn't equal shitty...some people are on major labels and sell records for a reason...most of the classic hip-hop albums were in fact..brought to you by major labels...and these albums inspired everything else...underground can mean alot of things...undiscovered...uncompromising...or just wack.

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »
Group Home was great....I still have 2 of thier albums and the "Superstar" single on cassette....the Brain Sick Mobb was pretty good at one point also...I still listen to that shit every once in awhile when I feel like it.

quit

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 08:56:19 AM »
Its important to note that almost all of the major label hip hop these days is made by greedy people for white kids who were recently in a car, snowboarding, or farming accident....kids in the hood don't have an extensive music collection at home..and if they do have an ipod its a shuffle...with like 35 songs on it.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 08:23:16 PM »
shit, 'kingdom come' is actually good.

red curb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2006, 01:06:36 AM »
How the hell do you like Aesop Rock or Slug and not Jay-Z?  You're such a typical wannabe backpacker who missed the bus because they were born just a few years too late to actually witness the early 90s and the "golden age" of modern hip-hop, so you resorted to listening to that awful whiteboy garbage rap that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  They all sound the same, same pseudointellectual crap with that cliche as fuck nasally white bread voice and weak-as-clock-radio-speaker delivery.  Go ahead and convince yourself it makes sense, though.  It's cool to be against the grain and dismiss everything mainstream yet hold artists with endearment whose record sales reflect their musical abilities (read: slim to none). 

Have you even owned one of Jay-Z's CDs?  Did you know he always makes references on his CDs to the dumb general public radio listener and how he deliberately makes some tracks weak yet catchy for the airwaves only?  He does that because he's actually got half a brain and doesn't need to completely go soft or off-the-wall to sell a decent amount of records.  His CDs are all the same, good songs with a bit of radio fodder here and there just to please the kooks.  The people who truly know the gifted man he is listen to his Type A material and skip the radio shit, whilst the kooks listen to just the radio hits and skip the Type A stuff.  On occassion, the stuff that makes it on the radio is actually good (99 Problems, for example).  It's a Yin/Yang way of making music that has solidified his place in the hearts of not just the underground heads, but the radio kooks as well.  The man knows what he is doing, and it's a shame you don't see just how good he is.

Ludacris and Outkast are the only other ones left who can still represent "good" hip-hop and still be experimental and successful at the same time, while that whiteboy crazy space shit that don't even make no sense still flies under the radar.  There was a time when I could say I loved both Mobb Deep and The Roots, but those times are long passed.  Mobb Deep's appeal to me dwindled with Prodigy's delivery, and I haven't heard anything good from them since Murda Muzik.  The Roots lost a crucial piece to their puzzle when Malik B parted ways, and Black Thought just doesn't do it for me by himself.

Quite a speech, I know, but I think it's just foolish to dismiss commercial successes when some of them have earned their dues.   
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 01:08:14 AM by red curb »

Mizzark

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 07:58:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How the hell do you like Aesop Rock or Slug and not Jay-Z?  You're such a typical wannabe backpacker who missed the bus because they were born just a few years too late to actually witness the early 90s and the "golden age" of modern hip-hop, so you resorted to listening to that awful whiteboy garbage rap that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  They all sound the same, same pseudointellectual crap with that cliche as fuck nasally white bread voice and weak-as-clock-radio-speaker delivery.  Go ahead and convince yourself it makes sense, though.  It's cool to be against the grain and dismiss everything mainstream yet hold artists with endearment whose record sales reflect their musical abilities (read: slim to none). 

Have you even owned one of Jay-Z's CDs?  Did you know he always makes references on his CDs to the dumb general public radio listener and how he deliberately makes some tracks weak yet catchy for the airwaves only?  He does that because he's actually got half a brain and doesn't need to completely go soft or off-the-wall to sell a decent amount of records.  His CDs are all the same, good songs with a bit of radio fodder here and there just to please the kooks.  The people who truly know the gifted man he is listen to his Type A material and skip the radio shit, whilst the kooks listen to just the radio hits and skip the Type A stuff.  On occassion, the stuff that makes it on the radio is actually good (99 Problems, for example).  It's a Yin/Yang way of making music that has solidified his place in the hearts of not just the underground heads, but the radio kooks as well.  The man knows what he is doing, and it's a shame you don't see just how good he is.

Ludacris and Outkast are the only other ones left who can still represent "good" hip-hop and still be experimental and successful at the same time, while that whiteboy crazy space shit that don't even make no sense still flies under the radar.  There was a time when I could say I loved both Mobb Deep and The Roots, but those times are long passed.  Mobb Deep's appeal to me dwindled with Prodigy's delivery, and I haven't heard anything good from them since Murda Muzik.  The Roots lost a crucial piece to their puzzle when Malik B parted ways, and Black Thought just doesn't do it for me by himself.

Quite a speech, I know, but I think it's just foolish to dismiss commercial successes when some of them have earned their dues.   

you're a fucking idiot

quit

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2006, 10:40:24 AM »
If you listen to something and you think its good..then its good...unless I think its not good..then you're stupid.

Mizzark

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2006, 12:59:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ok to clear this up I hate the shit I named, I was being sarcastic. Still, I do own the blueprint, and have listened to his other albums, Jay-z isn't anything special, and he sure as hell hasn't gotten any better over the years.

soon

• Rep: 1
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2006, 01:24:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ok to clear this up I hate the shit I named, I was being sarcastic. Still, I do own the blueprint, and have listened to his other albums, Jay-z isn't anything special, and he sure as hell hasn't gotten any better over the years.

you just open your cock tube entirely too much sometimes

Lakai or die

• Rep: -1
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2006, 01:42:17 PM »
Hold up, Mizzark you don't like Dilla?

I can understand on the mic, he was alright, but he belonged behind the boards.

I just can't comprehend how someone could hate Dilla, he made so many beats there is bound to be something you love.

Mizzark

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2006, 02:57:33 PM »
Hold up, Mizzark you don't like Dilla?

I can understand on the mic, he was alright, but he belonged behind the boards.

I just can't comprehend how someone could hate Dilla, he made so many beats there is bound to be something you love.

well sure I haven't heard every single thing hes done, but him and RJD2 are just boring

Mizzark

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

go back to not posting, soon, and stop posting as jared/bentmode also
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 03:01:59 PM by Mizzark »

soon

• Rep: 1
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2006, 09:52:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

do you ever shut the fuck up ?

you dignify everything i have to say by responding, dipshit. way to go.

ps---you're not funny or remotely cute with your random hate. tawt.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2006, 09:56:48 AM »

hahahaha.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

defiantnate

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2006, 10:10:30 AM »
 Jay-Z has definetely gotten better over the years. It's the same with Nas, his first couple albums were great and he started slippin' for a while. Then they both stepped up with Stillmaic and The Blueprint and since then, their material has improved. Wait for the new shit, I'm sure it will not disappoint... maybe.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2006, 10:12:21 AM »
dont you listen to g-unit...........

defiantnate

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2006, 10:19:44 AM »
dont you listen to g-unit...........
I listen to what I like, I don't limit myself to whats cool.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2006, 10:21:11 AM »
obviously you dont limit yourself to whats shit either.