Author Topic: new jay-z  (Read 5528 times)

defiantnate

Re: new jay-z
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2006, 10:26:54 AM »
What the matter with having YOUR OWN taste? There's no reason to get down on other peoples musical preference.

Mizzark

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2006, 12:31:42 PM »
Jay-Z has definetely gotten better over the years. It's the same with Nas, his first couple albums were great and he started slippin' for a while. Then they both stepped up with Stillmaic and The Blueprint and since then, their material has improved. Wait for the new shit, I'm sure it will not disappoint... maybe.

you're fuckings stupid, stillmatic was shit, and was pretty much the beginning of nas' downswing. blueprint was boring, and shit just got worse from there. basically you're just wrong.

andrew4lyfe

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2006, 12:56:48 PM »
ayo i heard jay-z has like three nipples

jared...

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2006, 01:55:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Jay-Z has definetely gotten better over the years. It's the same with Nas, his first couple albums were great and he started slippin' for a while. Then they both stepped up with Stillmaic and The Blueprint and since then, their material has improved. Wait for the new shit, I'm sure it will not disappoint... maybe.
[close]

you're fuckings stupid, stillmatic was shit, and was pretty much the beginning of nas' downswing. blueprint was boring, and shit just got worse from there. basically you're just wrong.

nope, illmatic and nothing else.
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

Lakai or die

• Rep: -1
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »
This is a great post about Jay-Z on another forum I visit...

Okay, so in the spirit of Halloween i ask trick or treat?

We all know JAZ-O, oops, i mean JAY-Z, was not retired when he announced it the first time. We all knew one day Jay and Nas would pull a publicity stunt and act like friends, and both eventually follow that up with albums. What we didnt forsee was, Jay-Z dissing Cristal and calling them racist, and then promoting his comeback with Budweiser Ads. LOL. Okay, so you are telling me that Jay-Z, the guy who was angry at supposed racist comments by "Cristal" has turned to one of the biggest staples in "white america"? C'mon, budweiser is like "red-neck breast milk", lol. What next, Jay-Z for Marlboro cigarettes? Did u ever think Joe Camel would smoke marlboros? LOL. He even has two Nascar drivers in his new video. I see a pattern here. Michael Jackson look out! $#!+, we should have seen it coming when Jay-Z stole the name of a Metallica album that sold more than Jay's whole catalog for his last album title...

So, obviously, the "president" of def jam records isn't interested in running a label, but only his own ego and own career. This is obvious by what Def Jam has turned into. The once hip-hop giant who was the home of T-La Rock, LL Cool J, Epmd, Redman, 3rd Bass, Public Enemy, etc... has now turned into the label that pushes Neyo and stands by idle while they drop the ball for hip-hop legends like Ghostface, Methodman, The Roots and soon-to-be, Nas and Redman. That is disgusting. In this month's issue of XXL, Jay-Z does not take the blame, but say idiotic things like it's the artists fault for not being on a personal level with the head of universal records. LOL. Like that guy deals with any artists. Riiiight... like i'm sure Methodman can pick up the phone and invite the head of universal out for a blunt and hot wings on a tuesday afternoon. That's what Def Jam and their 'label" is supposed to do. Where is the ghostface video? Where is the Roots video? Where is the Redman album? Do you think they are really gonna support Nas, the same time the Jay-Z album is out? Talk about conflict of interest. Furthermore, what were these artists thinking by signing to that sinking ship.

In this month's XXL, there is also an article with Rich Nichols, the manager of the Roots. He is a very knowledgable man who has seen it all. He blatently lays it out on the table... You need to read what he said. Seriously... Did the Roots, the group who once made "Never do what they do", dissing Jay-Z, Biggie, and Nas, slip up by signing to Def Jam. Of course they did... Jay-Z duped them into thinking he liked their music when he "used" them for his live concert and live album.At that time, the "neo-soul" thing was working and Sean wanted to appear more worldly and simply put, the Roots were all that. They fell for it and signed to Def Jam, but where has that left them? Watching the head of their label dance around on a boat in Bud commercials.... wow.

Did Nas know how accurate his album title "Hip-Hop is Dead" would be. Wait til the album drops and he checks his sales... It is really dead! what a shame. The "chain hang low" jerk-off is doing good. Speaks volumes on our society.

Well i guess its safe to say, eventually someone at Budweiser will say something deemed "racist" after "thugs" starting drinking Bud now, and Jay-Z will have to abandon them too. I would also predict that after Nas' album flops, he will have nothing but kind words to say about Jay-Z and the way that label is run. Is Nas already working on his def jam/ jay-z diss record to drop this spring? lol.

I guess it was always a common misconception that Jay-Z was this great businessman that started his own label, rocafella.... But.. what is that label responsible for? Amil, Freeway, Beanie, Young Guns, etc... LOL. what a successful line-up. They were all abandoned....

So i ask, Jay's back, trick or treat? Is is really a treat to get another album from a guy who uses the same producers over and over, and just gets a thrill by spelling "H.O.V.A." on every song (which doesnt even make sense), or is it a successful trick played on the stupidity of the public and a trick on all the legends who had albums swept under the rug cause Def Jam thinks Neyo and Rhianna is where it's at? i say Trick...no treat.

Since Ice-T has a show on VH-1 taking little white kids and making them look like idiots because they can't "rap", i'd like to suggest some shows for VH-1 next year...

1>Let's take rappers and their kids and make them do real-life things....

like registering for college with Birdman and Lil Jon... or,

balancing your checkbook and paying your credit card bills with Lloyd Banks and Yung Joc... or,

chosing a healthy diet for your children with BoneCrusher & Mike Jones.. or,

the effects of global warming with the Hot Boyz & Missy Elliot... or,

sex-education with "slutty chick", oops, i mean promiscious girl, Nelly Furtado...

just a thought? And dont think rock school with gene simmons wasnt equally as idiotic. It's insane how America has a fascination in watching educated children struggle to do something that is made for egotistical, womanizing, drunken-drug addicts...

trick or treat?

Yesterday was the anniversary of Jam Master Jay's murder. still no one has been arrested. amazing. "It's like that and that's the way it is......"

trick = what major radio does to your brain everday...(c'mon some stations were playing Paris Hilton songs! damn....)

treat = my record collection...

be sure to wait and download all the new albums, dont be tricked to pay $20 for wack albums with re-used popular samples like curtis mayfield on them..... (tip of the day, lol)

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2006, 04:39:56 PM »
I don't really like any of the mentioned artists, never really liked the roots, jayz is alright sometimes, someone just gave me a bunch of jdilla but i only listened to one song,  but damn group home is some boring ass music

obeygiant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2006, 09:09:09 PM »
This is a great post about Jay-Z on another forum I visit...

Okay, so in the spirit of Halloween i ask trick or treat?

We all know JAZ-O, oops, i mean JAY-Z, was not retired when he announced it the first time. We all knew one day Jay and Nas would pull a publicity stunt and act like friends, and both eventually follow that up with albums. What we didnt forsee was, Jay-Z dissing Cristal and calling them racist, and then promoting his comeback with Budweiser Ads. LOL. Okay, so you are telling me that Jay-Z, the guy who was angry at supposed racist comments by "Cristal" has turned to one of the biggest staples in "white america"? C'mon, budweiser is like "red-neck breast milk", lol. What next, Jay-Z for Marlboro cigarettes? Did u ever think Joe Camel would smoke marlboros? LOL. He even has two Nascar drivers in his new video. I see a pattern here. Michael Jackson look out! $#!+, we should have seen it coming when Jay-Z stole the name of a Metallica album that sold more than Jay's whole catalog for his last album title...

So, obviously, the "president" of def jam records isn't interested in running a label, but only his own ego and own career. This is obvious by what Def Jam has turned into. The once hip-hop giant who was the home of T-La Rock, LL Cool J, Epmd, Redman, 3rd Bass, Public Enemy, etc... has now turned into the label that pushes Neyo and stands by idle while they drop the ball for hip-hop legends like Ghostface, Methodman, The Roots and soon-to-be, Nas and Redman. That is disgusting. In this month's issue of XXL, Jay-Z does not take the blame, but say idiotic things like it's the artists fault for not being on a personal level with the head of universal records. LOL. Like that guy deals with any artists. Riiiight... like i'm sure Methodman can pick up the phone and invite the head of universal out for a blunt and hot wings on a tuesday afternoon. That's what Def Jam and their 'label" is supposed to do. Where is the ghostface video? Where is the Roots video? Where is the Redman album? Do you think they are really gonna support Nas, the same time the Jay-Z album is out? Talk about conflict of interest. Furthermore, what were these artists thinking by signing to that sinking ship.

In this month's XXL, there is also an article with Rich Nichols, the manager of the Roots. He is a very knowledgable man who has seen it all. He blatently lays it out on the table... You need to read what he said. Seriously... Did the Roots, the group who once made "Never do what they do", dissing Jay-Z, Biggie, and Nas, slip up by signing to Def Jam. Of course they did... Jay-Z duped them into thinking he liked their music when he "used" them for his live concert and live album.At that time, the "neo-soul" thing was working and Sean wanted to appear more worldly and simply put, the Roots were all that. They fell for it and signed to Def Jam, but where has that left them? Watching the head of their label dance around on a boat in Bud commercials.... wow.

Did Nas know how accurate his album title "Hip-Hop is Dead" would be. Wait til the album drops and he checks his sales... It is really dead! what a shame. The "chain hang low" jerk-off is doing good. Speaks volumes on our society.

Well i guess its safe to say, eventually someone at Budweiser will say something deemed "racist" after "thugs" starting drinking Bud now, and Jay-Z will have to abandon them too. I would also predict that after Nas' album flops, he will have nothing but kind words to say about Jay-Z and the way that label is run. Is Nas already working on his def jam/ jay-z diss record to drop this spring? lol.

I guess it was always a common misconception that Jay-Z was this great businessman that started his own label, rocafella.... But.. what is that label responsible for? Amil, Freeway, Beanie, Young Guns, etc... LOL. what a successful line-up. They were all abandoned....

So i ask, Jay's back, trick or treat? Is is really a treat to get another album from a guy who uses the same producers over and over, and just gets a thrill by spelling "H.O.V.A." on every song (which doesnt even make sense), or is it a successful trick played on the stupidity of the public and a trick on all the legends who had albums swept under the rug cause Def Jam thinks Neyo and Rhianna is where it's at? i say Trick...no treat.

Since Ice-T has a show on VH-1 taking little white kids and making them look like idiots because they can't "rap", i'd like to suggest some shows for VH-1 next year...

1>Let's take rappers and their kids and make them do real-life things....

like registering for college with Birdman and Lil Jon... or,

balancing your checkbook and paying your credit card bills with Lloyd Banks and Yung Joc... or,

chosing a healthy diet for your children with BoneCrusher & Mike Jones.. or,

the effects of global warming with the Hot Boyz & Missy Elliot... or,

sex-education with "slutty chick", oops, i mean promiscious girl, Nelly Furtado...

just a thought? And dont think rock school with gene simmons wasnt equally as idiotic. It's insane how America has a fascination in watching educated children struggle to do something that is made for egotistical, womanizing, drunken-drug addicts...

trick or treat?

Yesterday was the anniversary of Jam Master Jay's murder. still no one has been arrested. amazing. "It's like that and that's the way it is......"

trick = what major radio does to your brain everday...(c'mon some stations were playing Paris Hilton songs! damn....)

treat = my record collection...

be sure to wait and download all the new albums, dont be tricked to pay $20 for wack albums with re-used popular samples like curtis mayfield on them..... (tip of the day, lol)

over-analyzation .....

treat= my record collection... oh Im so impressed