Author Topic: Saint Louis  (Read 1033 times)

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Saint Louis
« on: June 01, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »
Anyone here from the area? I've been living here for nearly 2 years now and have barely skated due to a combination of school, not knowing anyone that skates and lack of mobility. The immediate area around where I live (Richmond Heights) seems to be a spot wasteland bar a couple parking lots/tennis courts I occasionally hit up. I know there's Shitside and a park in Webster Groves.

Hexagon

Re: Saint Louis
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »
I don't live there anymore, but check out the school for the blind (it's off grand, i think) it's a nice ledge spot in an alley and the bust factor is nil, plus you'll run into plenty of skateboarders there. The post office by SLU is a weird/nice ledge spot. Keiner Plaza downtown (although I haven't skated it in a couple years, it still might be good... they drain the fountain near fall and dudes shred it) Check out the Jefferson Barracks park, and if you're ever desperate in the winter there is rampriders or the plan 9 park (both are indoor and lots of BMXers) it sucks but if you're eager in the winter to skate, its better than nothing I guess. St. Charles has a fun outdoor park if you make it out that way ever.

Infinity Skateshop
5528 South Lindbergh Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63123-6956
(314) 843-1989

...is pretty much the only legit shop in that area hang out there and you might be able to link up with some folk... do you not have a car? if not' check the bus schedules and metro-link schedules... to be honest, I hated St. Louis it's spread out and you need a car when you live there otherwise you're kind of fucked. Plus the skateboard scene is really cliquey, I think that's changing thanks to shitside and dude's building shit.

http://prettyskateboards.blogspot.com/ a local dude's blog/company or art project? ...some of these guys are cool, some of them are total fuckwits. but it's all whatever. they are friends with Randy Ploesser and think they're overly cool at times, blah blah.

Hope this helps, and good luck dude.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:24:23 AM by Hexagon »

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 08:06:01 AM »
Go to Infinity..  But you should check out the City Museum!

Hexagon

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 08:09:37 AM »
Quote from: Doogie Howser  link=topic=53722.msg1460522#msg1460522 date=1307372761
Go to Infinity..  But you should check out the City Museum!
\

I totally forgot about that. Yeah! It's pretty fun.

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 08:50:55 PM »
city museum is great. since i've been in the US i managed to get by without a drivers license. the first 5 years here i spent in philly, so it was possible there. not so much here. my wife's got a car, but i ride my bike to school and most places around here. to skate here means you need to drive, it's annoying as hell but is finally a reason to get my US license. i'll check infinity for sure.