Author Topic: Skate Plazas in SoCal  (Read 912 times)

skate_bored

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Skate Plazas in SoCal
« on: June 05, 2011, 05:37:18 PM »
In late September/early October me and some friends are working on a trip out to Cali. I've been on a weeklong SF trip and been up and down the east coast, but never to southern california. We're down for street spots, but honestly I think we're gonna try to hit up all the sick plazas and not have to be too hassled driving around for spots all week getting kicked out. We'll be flying into LA and renting a van for a week and camping out most nights. Since we have an entire week, we plan on driving within 4-5 hours of LA so we get a little bit of everything.

What I'm hoping for is that you guys have some suggestions for parks/plazas to hit up, as we'll hopefully have time to skate 2 a day. We mostly skate street and arent looking for any big bowls or shit like that. Stoner Plaza looks amazing, so anything in that realm would be sick! Also, campgrounds/towns/must see places would be awesome. I get super OCD and try to have an itinerary planned out so we can budget way in advance. Thanks dudes.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: Skate Plazas in SoCal
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:31:37 AM »
Cherry Park in Long Beach is fun...not really the same level as stoner plaza but it's a good time and you'll usually see some ams or pros.  just look at concrete disciples for skateparks, there's too many to chose from in SoCal.  Laguna Beach and Santa Ana are alright.  Never got a chance to go to Venice Beach but it looks really good although i heard its kind of cramped.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:03:31 AM »
Stoner is the shit, but basically all street.
http://robdyrdekfoundation.org/safe-spot-skate-spot/

Hollenbeck, Lincoln Park, Lafayette,

PRod's Park: http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=211057

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 11:27:06 AM »
i'm sure you'll have no problem finding spots and plazas..    my recommendation is to plan your trips around the traffic.   unless you're staying close to where you're planning on skating, avoid driving in rush hour during the week 7:30-10:30am   4:30-7:30pm.  it's really important.  you don't want a huge part of your trip to be stuck in fucked traffic not skating and not having fun

don't embark on a long, cross-LA destination at 5pm unless you want to be hating life

camping wise there is not much in the heart of LA, but there are nice spots in Malibu and the Santa Monica Mountains.  it's a little out of the city, but if you planned right it could be a great place to set up and make your trips from.   
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."