Author Topic: Ever get a board jacked?  (Read 8027 times)

Mullet Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Ever get a board jacked?
« on: October 10, 2006, 09:29:41 PM »
It doesn't happen to me very often, but it happened to me tonight. I was at a bar with some friends, and my board was sitting there. I got up to take a leak. When I emerged, all my friends had gotten up and left, and my board was GONE.

In 15 years of skating, this has happened to me only one other time. I am not happy about it, but I guess you can never be too careful.

Carry your board to the pisser, fellas. Seriously.

250 pound poser

• Rep: -19
Re: Ever get a board jacked?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 09:30:45 PM »
I just strap my board to the back of my clive

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 09:31:46 PM »
I've been so drunk i've left a fresh settup at the bar and gone back for it and its MIA, happened twice before i dont drink anymore so its all good
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 09:54:05 PM »
I was at a bar with some friends, and my board was sitting there. I got up to take a leak. When I emerged, all my friends had gotten up and left, and my board was GONE.

just because random people are in a bar doesnt make them your friends. its sad that you couldnt put 2 and 2 together there billy. your hair/nick still isnt funny.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 10:00:29 PM »
i once jacked a board. baker 3 premier. it was a bam on darrell thunders. dont remebr the wheels. it was good while it lasted.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

damian

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 10:13:48 PM »
It doesn't happen to me very often, but it happened to me tonight. I was at a bar with some friends, and my board was sitting there. I got up to take a leak. When I emerged, all my friends had gotten up and left, and my board was GONE.

In 15 years of skating, this has happened to me only one other time. I am not happy about it, but I guess you can never be too careful.

i've jacked a good amount of boards, and it's not much effort, but you're making it too easy.

Mizzark

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 10:35:58 PM »
no but have jacked from the local park

auspatrick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 10:43:10 PM »
dont take your board to the bar.

had some guy run off with my board at the park when i was younger. gave him a shot of my board. turned around, he ran. fantastic.

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 12:11:27 AM »
Yeah.....I got a Reese Forbes jacked in 1995 out of my car......I was pissed......also earlier than that in '94 some wafrican-american thugs tried to swipe my board downtown and gave it back because they thought I was cool after they noticed the graphics......it was the Jason Maxwell with the kid walking in on his parents fucking.......that was a Prime board if you didn't know.

ryanoconnor

• Rep: 5
  • pile for life
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 12:17:25 AM »
left one by all the shoes at a party .. someone took off with it .. it was pretty beat though it was almost good that they took it, it was time for a new setup anyways ..

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 01:21:33 AM »
Autumn, 1992. Skating downtown Winnipeg with Pat Asselstine and this other kid, forget his name but he had the step-off skills, and we're trying to ollie this little fire hydrant when we noticed we've been surrounded by at least a dozen native gangsters, who announce their arrival with, "Surprise motherfuckers!"

We scattered in random directions. I headed for the busy main drag, Portage Avenue, while Pat darted toward the desolation of the Convention Centre. I got away, he got cornered. He just handed over his board and didn't get hurt.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 01:40:38 AM »
ive had guys try to grab my board at the spot or a park, never let them get it though. and taken one set up i found at school 5 or so years ago.
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 04:43:44 AM »
Expand Quote
I was at a bar with some friends, and my board was sitting there. I got up to take a leak. When I emerged, all my friends had gotten up and left, and my board was GONE.
[close]

just because random people are in a bar doesnt make them your friends. its sad that you couldnt put 2 and 2 together there billy. your hair/nick still isnt funny.

I love your assumptions.

Here's mine: There is no way in hell you've been laid lately.

Yes, it's THAT obvious.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 06:37:12 AM »
Just a rain board stolen out of the trunk of a car.

koots

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 06:45:34 AM »
never had a board jacked...just a hoodie once but that was at the ghetto bowls off of Main St. in Vancouver.

I will say that anyone that jacks a board is a piece of shit which makes a couple of you on here serious fuckers.  simple enough.
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 08:12:10 AM »
i've left my board in a few places, come back and it wasn't there....once at a skate contest..I was eating lunch or something...come back...my steve claar rabid rabbit was gone...shit..that board was sick...

uselesswoodentoys

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 08:13:20 AM »
I will say that anyone that jacks a board is a piece of shit which makes a couple of you on here serious fuckers.  simple enough.

agreed...lame.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 08:49:30 AM »

And you still call them "friends"?

jared...

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 08:50:13 AM »
jacked UP, by a car.
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

Mizzark

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 08:52:33 AM »
jacked UP, by a car.

hopefully next time it will be a train

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 08:58:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It was a birthday party, and i would have gotten mad if the dude who left it out there by itself wasn't, in fact, the birthday boy. He is a good friend, so i didn't make a stink of it.

I'm trying to think positively about it. On the way back from the pisser, I got the waitresses MySpace (she was real cute and not only recognized the Alva ripoff graphic on my Alfaro, but she tic-tacked around the sidewalk on it too). So maybe it will be worth it in the end.

I just hate breaking in new trucks, and I had been workin' 'em all summer. They were just getting good.

lars

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 09:11:16 AM »
My friend got his board taken away from surcuity, it sucked.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 09:13:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

It was a birthday party, and i would have gotten mad if the dude who left it out there by itself wasn't, in fact, the birthday boy. He is a good friend, so i didn't make a stink of it.

I'm trying to think positively about it. On the way back from the pisser, I got the waitresses MySpace (she was real cute and not only recognized the Alva ripoff graphic on my Alfaro, but she tic-tacked around the sidewalk on it too). So maybe it will be worth it in the end.

I just hate breaking in new trucks, and I had been workin' 'em all summer. They were just getting good.

Get bones cushings trucks feel broke in from the get go.

TotallyAwesome

• Rep: -6
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2006, 09:21:31 AM »
i had a used complete stolen from my car that had 20 brand new decks in shrinkwrap and an old rob roskopp setup that could be sold on ebay for $$$.  whoever broke in didnt steal any of the new boards or the roskopp, but only took the used complete.  and i had an ipod in the car that he(they) didn't take.  yeah, that makes sense.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2006, 10:02:53 AM »
Only cops have taken my board and got away with it. In Kansas City downtown at the brass rail's we got cornered by some thugs but they ended up not doing anything because they said if any of us did the gap rail they wouldn't take our shit.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2006, 10:12:24 AM »
Only cops have taken my board and got away with it. In Kansas City downtown at the brass rail's we got cornered by some thugs but they ended up not doing anything because they said if any of us did the gap rail they wouldn't take our shit.

well, dont leave us in the dark.....did you do something on the gap rail or what? 
hardly art, hardly starving

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2006, 10:13:13 AM »
i tryed to do gap lipslide but i ate shit because i tryed to commit first try so my buddie keith did it. I did it later that week  though because our hotel was right by it.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

woody

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
I was coming home from school and a group of kids walked by me and one of them socked me in the back of the head and then reached in my pockets but I didn't have any money so the one guy tried to grab my skateboard but I wouldn't let go of it. Whenever people try to jack me its usually for money, not my skateboard. I remember some guy tried to jack me another time but I didn't have any money and he said "I've never met a white person who didn't have any money on them..but I guess your a skaer, skaters don't have no money"
let me just name a few of the hammers in this video...

JOE!

tits

mikefork

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006, 11:32:22 AM »
i have neevr had a board stolen from me before or left one anywhere. i am constantly keeping a eye on it incase someone tries. if i go to school i take it to my classes with me because it can get stolen out of the locker/main office. when i get in a car it rides with me even if we pack the back of the car. i also don't let anyone try my board unless they are my friends