Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126874 times)

saucy ragu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2013, 12:46:23 PM »
so ummm , nobody watched the last episode of the season ?  guess the 9th ep was too much a shocker

Nah I did, I've just been caught up over at the other forum trying to figure out a bunch of other stuff that happens later. Since this thread is already ruined for the non-book readers, I'll list them off without being too spoilery:

- Robb didn't sign an heir apparent or legitimization document for Jon Snow. I'm bummed because that more than likely means that even though Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover hold those documents in unknown condition while trying to rally the crannogmen, it will end up being for nought. But if the most popular theory to Jon's parentage is true, then that won't matter anyway..

- Ygritte shooting Jon must've been a tough scene to throw in; I commend the writers for that. There's been speculation that she'll fill in the role of the wilding princess--I'm on the fence as to how I feel about that.

- Bran & co. are already where they end up at the end of the book that Seasons 3 & 4 are based off of. What will they do with them? Have them trek through north beyond the Wall for the next 3 seasons? I hope they don't cut him out next season. Due to those crows from when Sam killed the White Walker, I imagine they'll run into somebody next season that they were supposed to have met by now.

- Jaime, Brienne, & Qyburn have arrived a bit earlier than they were supposed to at King's Landing. I'm not worried about Jaime fitting into scenes, or Qyburn really, but Brienne will be.. interesting. Hopefully we see how she fits into society in the company of Lannisters, and doesn't spend the season in a dungeon for being loyal to the Starks. I really enjoyed watching Theon's destruction, but two people spending the bulk of the season in a dungeon is too much.

- Which leads me to wonder if Theon's scenery will change somewhat next season. Book readers know that it doesn't aside from the escape/hunt attempt with Kyra, but I don't think they'll do that again, especially with his Johnson gone. I am thrilled they threw in the Reek storyline. I really wasn't expecting that to make it in, it'll be wonderful to see Theon's further descent into madness.

- I'm excited to see some more scenes with Asha/Yara.

- I miss the Umbers, namely the Greatjon. I wish scheduling worked out with him.

- What a corny ass ending.

- Davos for King of the Andals, the Blackfish as his Hand. Those dudes rule.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2013, 05:25:46 PM »
I'm bummed on no Cold Hands.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2013, 06:35:57 PM »
he's gotta be next season. I really hope they don't replace the wildling princess with ygritte. glad reek is in there now, but the book intro of ramsey snow was better.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #303 on: June 15, 2013, 07:52:22 AM »
i hope the dragons start eating people soon

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #304 on: June 15, 2013, 09:06:17 AM »
sophie, please do some nudes soon

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:42:35 PM by castillo's curls »

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2013, 06:20:00 AM »
Im kinda confused about how they are handling Aryas story line .   They changed it in one direction way diffrent from the book , but now its going the other way but waay diffrent ...

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #306 on: June 16, 2013, 07:36:25 AM »
Im kinda confused about how they are handling Aryas story line .   They changed it in one direction way diffrent from the book , but now its going the other way but waay diffrent ...

It hasn't been too different, her basic growth as a character has been the same. If you don't want to get too spoilery, PM me. Let's get nerdy.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2013, 08:50:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It hasn't been too different, her basic growth as a character has been the same. If you don't want to get too spoilery, PM me. Let's get nerdy.

right , sending you a PM

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2013, 11:02:18 AM »
sophie, please do some nudes soon

This must happen.
I suck at SLAP.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #309 on: June 17, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »
So you have the amazing books and tv series . Where anything can happen and nobody is safe from being killed . And you guys just want some 17 year old girl to get naked ?

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2013, 11:36:49 AM »
So you have the amazing books and tv series . Where anything can happen and nobody is safe from being killed . And you guys just want some 17 year old girl to get naked ?

Lol damn bro, I just thought it would be a nice perk.  I just finished the second book about an hour ago actually.  I did not like the way it ended with Bran, but it was still a great read.  I wish I read the books before I watched the show.   :-[ 
I suck at SLAP.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #311 on: June 17, 2013, 03:31:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol damn bro, I just thought it would be a nice perk.  I just finished the second book about an hour ago actually.  I did not like the way it ended with Bran, but it was still a great read.  I wish I read the books before I watched the show.   :-[ 

Books are much better , only reason I liked watching season 1 befor I read all the books is because I can picture the charecters better now . Even when books describe them I get kinda confused and cant decide formyself what they look like . Seeing them in the show just makes it easier for me to kinda put a face to it

Anyways the more you read the books and the futher you get the more you will like the books then the show

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #312 on: June 17, 2013, 06:14:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Books are much better , only reason I liked watching season 1 befor I read all the books is because I can picture the charecters better now . Even when books describe them I get kinda confused and cant decide formyself what they look like . Seeing them in the show just makes it easier for me to kinda put a face to it

Anyways the more you read the books and the futher you get the more you will like the books then the show

Word up.  I cannot wait to get going on the third book.
I suck at SLAP.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #313 on: June 18, 2013, 04:28:07 AM »

pretty much. didn't realize she was only 17 though. good thing I said "soon".

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #314 on: June 18, 2013, 09:00:04 AM »
Game of Thrones as other TV Shows:

I suck at SLAP.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #315 on: June 18, 2013, 11:52:39 AM »
season 3 got me so hyped, I started re-reading the series from the start. The second time around you notice so many little details like the unsuilled guards in the first daenerys chapter etc.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2013, 11:53:31 AM »
no 'that's so raven'?

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #317 on: June 18, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
no 'that's so raven'?

Ha, that's a good one.
I suck at SLAP.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #318 on: June 18, 2013, 02:48:21 PM »
Jon Snow was never at King's Landing. SHOPPED!!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2013, 03:58:54 PM »
I'm 64% through A Dance With Dragons according to the Kindle, and holy shit I love these books. My sleep schedule is completely fucked because I keep playing the "one more chapter..." game. I agree about Coldhands, I don't know why they haven't introduced him yet. I'm excited to see who they get for Oberyn Martell. I loved the show before I read the books, and still really like it, but the books are so much better. I'm trying to get all my friends to read them so we can nerd out on them, I'm tired of being the only one.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2013, 04:07:14 PM »
I'm still convinced that Cold Hands is Uncle Stark.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #321 on: June 18, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
SPOILERS !

Didnt coldhands jump in after they got beyond the wall , that secret entrence thing ?  if i remember right ?  super easy to add it in season 4 now since they only just got there , its not like they are at their destnation yet

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #322 on: June 18, 2013, 05:12:12 PM »
Cold Hands met up with Sam and Gilly after Sam killed the white walker. He showed them the secret path through the wall then took Bran and the crew to meet up with the homeboy. I just want to see a bad ass zombie looking dude riding an elk like it was a horse.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »
So 1 year until the next season of the show , and X years left to the new book . Almost too early to reRead the books to prepare for the new one ...

what do we do now !?!?!?!?!

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2013, 10:45:15 PM »
Cold Hands is def an age old entity, no way is he Benjen Stark. I just finished the books. The depressing thing is I feel like it'll take at least two more books, if not 3 to finish the series out satisfactorily, and R.R writes so stupid slow.. I hope he's got a heir to finish it out like Brandon Sanderson did for the Wheel of Time series.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #325 on: June 18, 2013, 11:10:33 PM »
Cold Hands is def an age old entity, no way is he Benjen Stark. I just finished the books. The depressing thing is I feel like it'll take at least two more books, if not 3 to finish the series out satisfactorily, and R.R writes so stupid slow.. I hope he's got a heir to finish it out like Brandon Sanderson did for the Wheel of Time series.

to be entirely fair to Martin, it only took him a stupid long time to write A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons. Book 1 came out in 96, book 2 in 99, and book 3 in 2000. Book 4 was 2005 and book 5 in 2011 because he had to split ADWD into 2 books, and restarted both of them several times in order to keep the timeline intact, since AFFC and ADWD were split geographically (for the most part). Originally ADWD was going to follow ASOS and take place 5 years afterwards, but the prologue explaining everything eventually evolved into its own book. Now that he's done with the fuckery of writing two books that coincide with one another, I feel like The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring will be written relatively fast. My money's on TWOW coming out sometime next year, and ADOS coming out (and hopefully concluding the story satisfactorily) in 2016-2017...I hope. Plus there's going to be a A Song of Ice and Fire encyclopedia coming out around summer/fall of next year, which should be neat to read.

/nerdboner
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #326 on: June 18, 2013, 11:27:21 PM »
*Spoilers mang

Given what we know of his description, and what he says to Bran ("Your monster, Brandon Stark"), Coldhands is most likely this guy. But I'm hoping he's this guy, but that's farfetched as fuck and I'm most definitely wrong.

Expand Quote
[close]

to be entirely fair to Martin, it only took him a stupid long time to write A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons. Book 1 came out in 96, book 2 in 99, and book 3 in 2000. Book 4 was 2005 and book 5 in 2011 because he had to split ADWD into 2 books, and restarted both of them several times in order to keep the timeline intact, since AFFC and ADWD were split geographically (for the most part). Originally ADWD was going to follow ASOS and take place 5 years afterwards, but the prologue explaining everything eventually evolved into its own book. Now that he's done with the fuckery of writing two books that coincide with one another, I feel like The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring will be written relatively fast. My money's on TWOW coming out sometime next year, and ADOS coming out (and hopefully concluding the story satisfactorily) in 2016-2017...I hope. Plus there's going to be a A Song of Ice and Fire encyclopedia coming out around summer/fall of next year, which should be neat to read.

/nerdboner

I appreciate your optimism and I hope it's true, but you're not taking into account the insurmountable jump in popularity of George and his series, and the length of the remaining books. He's stated that he believes both books will be roughly 1,500 pages--nearly 400 pages longer than the biggest book currently out. Add to that his recent deal with HBO to create a new series, his writing of the Dunk and Egg novellas (of which he's stated there will be 9-12 total, at approx 150 pages each), the Land of Ice and Fire (or whatever it's called) 250 page coffee table book that details Robert's Rebellion + other events prior to the main series, and his traveling all over the country/world for various media/nerd events (Comic-Con, HBO events, Conan, readings, etc.). I really don't know have high hopes he'll get this done in time, even though he knows that the series is "catching up like a freight train."

Granted, he hasn't stated when he plans to finish Dunk & Egg, but given the clues in those stories that help to solve ongoing theories in the main series, he'll want to breadcrumb at least few more before wrapping up with A Dream of Spring. I honestly believe George will die before he finishes the series. The amount of heartbreak and unanswered questions fans have suffered, it seems fitting and within his character.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2013, 05:35:00 AM »
damn dude just started watching this after sceptically dodging it for ages.. series one is fucking decent so far!

from what ive seen so far am i right in thinking that if your blonde your a cunt, dogs are heroes, this time period had the best titties of all time  and the imp seems like a dick but is actually a total dude?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:39:00 AM by dirtyweemidden »

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #328 on: June 19, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »
*Spoilers mang

Given what we know of his description, and what he says to Bran ("Your monster, Brandon Stark"), Coldhands is most likely this guy. But I'm hoping he's this guy, but that's farfetched as fuck and I'm most definitely wrong.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

/nerdboner
[close]

I appreciate your optimism and I hope it's true, but you're not taking into account the insurmountable jump in popularity of George and his series, and the length of the remaining books. He's stated that he believes both books will be roughly 1,500 pages--nearly 400 pages longer than the biggest book currently out. Add to that his recent deal with HBO to create a new series, his writing of the Dunk and Egg novellas (of which he's stated there will be 9-12 total, at approx 150 pages each), the Land of Ice and Fire (or whatever it's called) 250 page coffee table book that details Robert's Rebellion + other events prior to the main series, and his traveling all over the country/world for various media/nerd events (Comic-Con, HBO events, Conan, readings, etc.). I really don't know have high hopes he'll get this done in time, even though he knows that the series is "catching up like a freight train."

Granted, he hasn't stated when he plans to finish Dunk & Egg, but given the clues in those stories that help to solve ongoing theories in the main series, he'll want to breadcrumb at least few more before wrapping up with A Dream of Spring. I honestly believe George will die before he finishes the series. The amount of heartbreak and unanswered questions fans have suffered, it seems fitting and within his character.
god, I hope you're wrong, haha. Well, I know that the coffee table book is almost done, he said that he's already finished with the writing for that and now they're just adding more illustrations/fleshing it out, and that's confirmed to come out (I think) fall of next year. My entirely too optimistic hope is that they're delaying it so that it can drop around the same time as TWOW. The length shouldn't prove to be too much of a problem I'd think, since ASOS was 400 pages short of that and only took a year to write. Who knows though, I might just be entirely too hopeful hahaha.

I haven't read any of the Dunk and Egg novellas, are they worthwhile? I love the whole ASOIAF world, and anything else to read about it would be amazing. I'm hoping in the coffee table book he talks more about the Doom of Valyria, stuff like that.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »
the dunk and egg stuff is cool. you catch little references here and there. i enjoyed the ones i read.