Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126632 times)

saucy ragu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #360 on: April 06, 2014, 03:37:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Reek was Ramsay's plaything, then Reek kills Ramsay and takes his place. Theon becomes the new Reek. Do I have it right?
[close]
reek is ramsay when theon first meets him.

In the books, the original Reek was also Ramsay's plaything. They were out "hunting", when Reek was molesting a dead girl's corpse and Ramsay noticed a contingent of men out for his head (due to his kidnapping and marrying Lady Hornwood for her lands) and he forced Reek to switch clothes. That Reek was killed by the men and Ramsay stayed under that guise during Theon's tenure as Prince of Winterfell. Then all the sacking and torture takes place and Theon becomes our new Reek.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2014, 08:06:20 AM »
Finally the best character in the books got a little bit of time to shine on the show.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #362 on: April 07, 2014, 08:42:20 AM »
I feel like they jumped the gun in this first episode. In relation to the book they moved way too fast into Jon, Jamie, and Aryas storyline. Also what are they going to do with the Tyrells? A little bummed Loras is not in the Kingsquard.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #363 on: April 07, 2014, 12:16:58 PM »
shouldn't the hound have been injured in that fight? I guess they are going to extend his and arya's arc.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #364 on: April 07, 2014, 01:09:12 PM »
shouldn't the hound have been injured in that fight? I guess they are going to extend his and arya's arc.

He's supposed to be borderline dead

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #365 on: April 07, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes he is. So is Jon when he returns to the wall. Also does anyone else think the hound is the gravedigger?

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #366 on: April 07, 2014, 01:21:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes he is. So is Jon when he returns to the wall. Also does anyone else think the hound is the gravedigger?

I think that's def one of the more obvious GRRM reader teases.

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #367 on: April 07, 2014, 08:05:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

definitely calling a gravedigger v. ser robert strong showdown before all is said and done
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #368 on: April 08, 2014, 04:20:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
definitely calling a gravedigger v. ser robert strong showdown before all is said and done

I sure do hope so.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #369 on: April 09, 2014, 08:38:31 PM »
Hey, fuckers, go here with your spoilers/theories: http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=71125.msg1971361#msg1971361

But just my 2 cents: Arya's storyline with the Hound will include elements that weren't shown when she was with the Brotherhood Without Banners.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #370 on: April 09, 2014, 09:21:09 PM »
I don't feel compelled at all to reread the books

I marathon'd the first 3 seasons of the show after not having read the books for a few years and now I'm stuck between two worlds man...

Also have the first episode of season 4 on file, not sure what to do with it yet. Continue to collect them week by week and binge in a few months, or follow it every week like everyone else?

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #371 on: April 09, 2014, 11:01:36 PM »
have the first episode of season 4 on file, not sure what to do with it yet. Continue to collect them week by week and binge in a few months, or follow it every week like everyone else?

I'd recommend the former. This show is better when you consume it in larger doses.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #372 on: April 10, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »
My friends like this show a lot.

i thought this was pretty funny read
http://www.vice.com/read/why-i-wont-be-watching-game-of-thrones
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #373 on: April 10, 2014, 09:50:55 PM »
That article is one of the many reasons I typically hate Vice. Why would they publish an article that is only somebody hating on something that they have no idea what they're talking about? Pretentious hipster bullshit that's merely click baiting for rebuttals. It's like those articles saying skateboarding is a detriment to society written by middle aged women.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #374 on: April 11, 2014, 12:08:22 AM »
That article is one of the many reasons I typically hate Vice. Why would they publish an article that is only somebody hating on something that they have no idea what they're talking about? Pretentious hipster bullshit that's merely click baiting for rebuttals. It's like those articles saying skateboarding is a detriment to society written by middle aged women.

if you're getting upset over vice shit, you may suffer from forest/trees syndrome.

http://www.vice.com/read/no-why-dont-you-shut-the-fuck-up-about-game-of-thrones
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #375 on: April 11, 2014, 04:51:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you're getting upset over vice shit, you may suffer from forest/trees syndrome.

http://www.vice.com/read/no-why-dont-you-shut-the-fuck-up-about-game-of-thrones

Speaking of forest for the trees, he mentions a rebuttal in his post, and you link a rebuttal post to the link he had a problem wi--nevermind META INCEPTION

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #376 on: April 11, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »
Aryas story line is off to a good start

Im still not sure why they keep changing so many parts of it

The bar / tavern fight didnt go down at all like in the book .

SPOILERS ( kind of )

Why was the 3 kills she got from jaqen so diffrent from the books ?

Why wasnt weasel soup in it ?

Why didnt she kill the guard when exiting the camp ? and why was that kill technicly later using the same trick with the
coin on some random fray soldiers ?

Why was the bar fight so diffrent ? in the show she went from no action to calm and enjoying the kills . In the book she was fighting pretty much from the start , not panicking but not super in controle and then the kill on the torturer was abit hysterical screaming and stabbing over and over , and the last kill on the boy calm . They kind of made it look like she was enjoying it way too much the last kill in the tv show , which is cool , but still

Im still enjoying her in the show and her story line , but Im not sure why its so diffrent

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #377 on: April 12, 2014, 11:36:11 AM »
Why didn't she kill the guard when exiting the camp ?

It really bummed me out that they didn't have that scene.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #378 on: April 13, 2014, 07:24:52 PM »
YES!

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #379 on: April 13, 2014, 07:58:31 PM »
Who the fuck was the girl with ramsay?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2014, 08:29:18 PM »
Don't know. Must be an added character for the show, because I don't recall her in the books.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #381 on: April 13, 2014, 09:20:36 PM »
looks like coldhands isn't going to be in it at all   >:(

also, i liked it better when ilyn payne was teaching jaime to fight again.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #382 on: April 13, 2014, 10:05:35 PM »
Who are we going to hate now?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #383 on: April 14, 2014, 06:48:48 AM »
Does anyone else think they're moving way too fast in the show?

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #384 on: April 14, 2014, 07:48:11 AM »
And don't forget about the Iron Islands. They're going to play a major part.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2014, 09:38:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone else think they're moving way too fast in the show?
[close]

I sort of did at first (and still do to a degree) but then I thought about how the books are written vs. how the show is viewed.  In A Storm of Swords, Theon and his torture is barely alluded to and only comes into fruition in A Feast of Crows.  If they did that with Season 3/4 you'd have a bunch of viewers wondering where the fuck Theon is.  Also, Book 3 and 4 actually run parallel in parts, I think.  I'm in Book 4 right now and it certainly seems that way at least (especially with all the shit going down at the Dreadfort.)  But yes, it seems to go pretty fast.  Still, even so, season 4 is going to be packed.  Lots of shit goes down in Meereen when Dany gets there and with the aftermath of Joff's death.

I thought it was books 4 and 5 that were parallel? Also they still have a lot more stuff to cover with Jon at the wall as we'll. I don't think they should include anything with the Iron Islands until season 5. I think if they rush to far ahead things will get left out. If they don't include cold hands I'm going to be pretty pissed.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #386 on: April 14, 2014, 02:13:14 PM »
Yeah, 4 and 5 with all of the regions being drawn back together towards the end of Dance. It seemed to me like they made an allusion to Cold Hands when Bran touched the tree. They can't leave him out though. I get the feeling that he is going to play a pretty key role in the last two books.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: April 14, 2014, 02:23:37 PM »
Dany can have the throne. Bran is going to save that whole world from the white walkers though. And I have the utmost confidence that not only will Arya kill everyone, but she will eventually do it with Nymeria.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2014, 02:32:23 PM »
All of the times.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: April 14, 2014, 07:04:07 PM »
Aryas going to kill someone big and I think it's going to be the wrong person. Dany has someone big sitting in the way of her throne, and if Cold hands is who I think he is he will play a huge role. I do hope that was his voice Bran heard. Also did anyone catch in season 2 when Tywin claims he couldn't prove Tyrion truly wasn't his? Also think about Tyrions eyes and hair color in the books.