Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126937 times)

ill_Murray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #450 on: June 02, 2014, 05:30:19 PM »
I actually found that scene upsetting. I don't think I'm a prude but I was disturbed that something so fucking brutal was on such a popular show. Like, it's one thing if something like that is in Scanners but to have that sort of thing normalized by being in a mainstream show was weird and made me think of that Elliot Rodger asshole and all the DBags watching along elsewhere.

Then there was just the angle in the story where you get your hopes up and then you watch powerlessly as the guy you identify with is unable to stop a brutal end. This might take my personal 'worst cinematic death' award from the Jewish soldier getting stabbed in Saving Private Ryan.

I know what you mean, I feel like the majority of hype-violent scenes like that are usually done in a cheesy way or are in movies that you expect like Saving Private Ryan or the Halloween remake by Rob Zombie.  The sound of the teeth hitting the tile followed by the screams were just bone chilling.  Anyone watch it with their gf or wife? Would love to know how they reacted.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #451 on: June 02, 2014, 06:53:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I actually found that scene upsetting. I don't think I'm a prude but I was disturbed that something so fucking brutal was on such a popular show. Like, it's one thing if something like that is in Scanners but to have that sort of thing normalized by being in a mainstream show was weird and made me think of that Elliot Rodger asshole and all the DBags watching along elsewhere.

Then there was just the angle in the story where you get your hopes up and then you watch powerlessly as the guy you identify with is unable to stop a brutal end. This might take my personal 'worst cinematic death' award from the Jewish soldier getting stabbed in Saving Private Ryan.
[close]

I know what you mean, I feel like the majority of hype-violent scenes like that are usually done in a cheesy way or are in movies that you expect like Saving Private Ryan or the Halloween remake by Rob Zombie.  The sound of the teeth hitting the tile followed by the screams were just bone chilling.  Anyone watch it with their gf or wife? Would love to know how they reacted.

My GF screamed and cried(she was hysterical during the red wedding) but I was really into that fight scene. They really did that right, but everything else was absolute fucking dogshit. This season has been nothing but dogshit. The whole ygritte and gilly seen was lame, Jorahs being found out that way was lame, grey work filler is unnecessary, the arya scene was absolutely idiotic, and they're seriously underplaying Jon's character. I understand it's a tv show and they can't completely do it like the book, but the previous 3 seasons stayed pretty true.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #452 on: June 02, 2014, 06:56:11 PM »
The next episode will probably help how you feel about the Jon Snow stuff. I just think Kit Harrington has 0 heroic qualities and I can't get behind him.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #453 on: June 02, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My GF screamed and cried(she was hysterical during the red wedding) but I was really into that fight scene. They really did that right, but everything else was absolute fucking dogshit. This season has been nothing but dogshit. The whole ygritte and gilly seen was lame, Jorahs being found out that way was lame, grey work filler is unnecessary, the arya scene was absolutely idiotic, and they're seriously underplaying Jon's character. I understand it's a tv show and they can't completely do it like the book, but the previous 3 seasons stayed pretty true.

Seriously, every episode up until the last one and where Joffrey died I felt like pretty much nothing happened.  Also, where the fuck is Gendry? Is that fool just floating in a boat somewhere?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 886
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #454 on: June 02, 2014, 08:17:43 PM »
Finally getting some diversity..... I dig it.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #455 on: June 02, 2014, 08:19:54 PM »
mmm.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I know what you mean, I feel like the majority of hype-violent scenes like that are usually done in a cheesy way or are in movies that you expect like Saving Private Ryan or the Halloween remake by Rob Zombie.  The sound of the teeth hitting the tile followed by the screams were just bone chilling.  Anyone watch it with their gf or wife? Would love to know how they reacted.
[close]

[close]

Seriously, every episode up until the last one and where Joffrey died I felt like pretty much nothing happened.  Also, where the fuck is Gendry? Is that fool just floating in a boat somewhere?

That scene was 99% from the book. If you want a show to be faithful to it's source material, you wouldn't have any qualms about how that was displayed.

Just because someone of note doesn't die, doesn't mean that "nothing was happening" in the show. A whole damn lot has been happening every episode. Those two episodes were actually my least favorite of the season, which has been a phenomenally depicted season.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #456 on: June 02, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »

[/quote]

Seriously, every episode up until the last one and where Joffrey died I felt like pretty much nothing happened.  Also, where the fuck is Gendry? Is that fool just floating in a boat somewhere?
[/quote]

That scene was 99% from the book. If you want a show to be faithful to it's source material, you wouldn't have any qualms about how that was displayed.

Just because someone of note doesn't die, doesn't mean that "nothing was happening" in the show. A whole damn lot has been happening every episode. Those two episodes were actually my least favorite of the season, which has been a phenomenally depicted season.
[/quote]

Ok fine, stuff happened, but I didn't find it particularly interesting.  But again I ask, where the fuck is Gendry?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #457 on: June 02, 2014, 10:46:39 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok fine, stuff happened, but I didn't find it particularly interesting.  But again I ask, where the fuck is Gendry?
[/quote]

I'll trade a million check-ins with Gendry for one more with Hot Pie.

dillanharp

« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2014, 12:37:31 AM »
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague since I've only read the first two books and I'm terrified of spoilers. I just watched the newest episode Andy stoke was so high that the Mountain got his ass handed to him, and then that shit happened, my stomach turned... I had a visceral reaction to a tv show, what the fuck. I was all relaxed enjoying my night hanging with the wife and now I want to start smoking again. Fuck.

foureyedjim

« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2014, 12:57:10 AM »
RIP

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #460 on: June 03, 2014, 01:15:03 AM »
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague since I've only read the first two books and I'm terrified of spoilers. I just watched the newest episode Andy stoke was so high that the Mountain got his ass handed to him, and then that shit happened, my stomach turned... I had a visceral reaction to a tv show, what the fuck. I was all relaxed enjoying my night hanging with the wife and now I want to start smoking again. Fuck.

just have a nice cup of coffee.

cops keep firing

• Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2014, 06:28:17 AM »
what makes this story/show especially difficult for me is being so used to the good characters staying alive. oberyn going felt just as bad as the red wedding because tyrion's life is on the line as well. i'm not even excited to watch the next episode just depressed.
I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

KING TUT

• Rep: 15
« Reply #462 on: June 03, 2014, 07:05:25 AM »
Finally getting some diversity..... I dig it.

i had to rewind a couple of times at this moment. god damn

was anyone else hoping grey worm would say he somehow managed to avoid getting his tackle chopped off and than banged the fuck out of her.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #463 on: June 03, 2014, 08:48:23 AM »
With a name like Gray Worm...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

dillanharp

« Reply #464 on: June 03, 2014, 10:00:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

just have a nice cup of coffee.
Sick joke asshole, it's about as bad as those broken English shoe reviews.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #465 on: June 03, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »
I guess the joke worked.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2014, 11:23:35 PM »

"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2014, 11:38:21 PM »
I had to look up Gendry to remember who he is. He's a lot more handsome than I noticed before. Wouldn't mind being homo.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #468 on: June 04, 2014, 12:09:41 AM »
 Anyone watch it with their gf or wife? Would love to know how they reacted.

Watched it with the gf. I wasn't expecting it so was a little thrown by it. She just turns to me and says 'I've read about this, it's actually possible to kill someone like that.'

KING TUT

• Rep: 15
« Reply #469 on: June 04, 2014, 07:29:18 AM »
I had to look up Gendry to remember who he is. He's a lot more handsome than I noticed before. Wouldn't mind being homo.

yep me too haha

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #470 on: June 04, 2014, 12:01:22 PM »
what makes this story/show especially difficult for me is being so used to the good characters staying alive. oberyn going felt just as bad as the red wedding because tyrion's life is on the line as well. i'm not even excited to watch the next episode just depressed.

the next episode appears to be strictly about jon snow and the wildlings.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #471 on: June 04, 2014, 02:20:33 PM »
Yeah next week is The Battle of Castle Black. The whole episode is at the wall.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #472 on: June 05, 2014, 04:23:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Episode 10 is going to bring everyone out of depression if it's what I'm expecting is going to happen.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #473 on: June 05, 2014, 04:58:04 AM »

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #474 on: June 05, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »

foureyedjim

« Reply #475 on: June 05, 2014, 05:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Episode 10 is going to bring everyone out of depression if it's what I'm expecting is going to happen.

at this point i'm just like

because there's no point in hoping anyone will survive.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #476 on: June 05, 2014, 08:58:39 PM »
I was asking my wife who has read the books if something undepressing was happening soon and she said that it's all downhill. Your ideal probably existed in the first episode and it just goes to hell after that.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #477 on: June 05, 2014, 09:18:24 PM »
I was asking my wife who has read the books if something undepressing was happening soon and she said that it's all downhill. Your ideal probably existed in the first episode and it just goes to hell after that.

If its american hollywood endings with puppies and fireworks and double rainbows you want , maybe its not for you . But there are good and bad things happening all the time . Maybe she read the books along time ago and doesnt remember ?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #478 on: June 06, 2014, 03:28:31 AM »

Yeah it's downhill for some, but not all.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #479 on: June 06, 2014, 04:49:44 AM »
I'm stoked on Sansa's goth phase.

fuck yeah! whens she gonna get in a bath though.. looking forward to that