Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126771 times)

dirtyweemidden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #540 on: June 18, 2014, 04:28:45 AM »
not read the books but that finale was kind of dissapointing.. i dunno what i expected but it was definately more than what was served.. that brienne/hound scrap was rad though!

and tyrion is still my fave

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #541 on: June 18, 2014, 08:49:17 AM »
not read the books but that finale was kind of dissapointing.. i dunno what i expected but it was definately more than what was served.. that brienne/hound scrap was rad though!

No wonder you were disappointed when you dont even know what you want

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #542 on: June 18, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No wonder you were disappointed when you dont even know what you want

If you had read the books it would have been just as disappointing. Tywin was supposed to shit himself and Tyrion was supposed to say something like "Its not true, Tywin doesn't shit gold". The wall battle was fairly cut short and missed out some rad parts. Plus Daenerys was gonna get her minge out get some freaky dildo out and give herself a good seeing too. (Last bit is just in my head)

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #543 on: June 19, 2014, 03:12:59 AM »

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #544 on: April 27, 2015, 07:30:52 AM »
Anybody into the new season?? I thought for sure this thread would have been brought back up a few weeks ago.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #545 on: April 27, 2015, 08:15:56 AM »
i went in to this season knowing it would be different from the books, but the changes are still bumming me out.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #546 on: April 27, 2015, 08:41:24 AM »
Expand Quote
I feel like this show will be more awesome for the binge watchers of the future. It's frustrating how little gets doled out per season and waiting for upcoming seasons.
[close]

My girlfriend and I binge watched up to episode 4 of season 4 in a few weeks and it was really sick. Since waiting week by week I have noticed I want more and more from an episode because I have been so spoiled for content.
No idea why dudes on here are saying this season sucked I thought it was sick. Maybe you just want so much more from every episode so when its a character development or something boring with wildlings you just lash out and hate it.

Demon monkey FTW.

That's actually how the books are. I wouldn't classify them so much as action/adventure but more medieval political thriller. The war and all the fighting revolves around the political issues of the area.

Expand Quote
That Brienne and Hound fight was such a fucking brawl. What I don't understand is why the hound and Arya didn't just go into her aunt's place. Yeah, she died, but that doesn't mean the Hound couldn't get anything for Arya damn Stark. Of course they didn't know it, but Arya and her sister could have been reunited.
[close]

Because no Stark can ever be reunited in this story. Seems to be the only constant of GoT. I thought the finale was great, no book reader though...
Yeah, the wait always sucks... but hey... Boardwalk Empire will return soon enough.

edit. Kick in the cunt might have been the best moment of Season 4.

For all intents and purposes there is no more Stark family.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #547 on: June 08, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »
Damn. You're an asshole Stannis.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #548 on: June 08, 2015, 04:17:47 PM »
Damn. You're an asshole Stannis.

Ahhhhh so that's how they'll kill Jon off.... Jon refused Melisandre so Stannis "had" to burn his daughter to gain the power that would've been gained by Jon sleeping with Melisandre. shit.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #549 on: June 08, 2015, 04:44:18 PM »
That episode was a hard watch. 

Forget the lady who looked like a praying mantis and all her malfunctions, forget the burning and look past the pedophilia, the real thing I can't wrap my head around was the fighting pit scene. 

Who the fuck is making all these gold masks?

Why were the Harpies not throwing the spears at Danerys?

Did they all just decide to fuck off even though they had the other 4 main characters surrounded?

Where are the other 7,986 Unsullied?

Fuck this show, I hate it, but I can't stop watching. 

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #550 on: June 08, 2015, 04:54:43 PM »

Forget the lady who looked like a praying mantis and all her malfunctions, forget the burning and look past the pedophilia, the real thing I can't wrap my head around was the fighting pit scene. 

Did they all just decide to fuck off even though they had the other 4 main characters surrounded?

Fucking this, i thought all those things watching the episode, the corniest fuckin dragon ride escape scene ever  to cap it off to. My only hope for the plot is that they want Danerys alive for some reason, otherwise its quite simply gone to shit.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #551 on: June 09, 2015, 01:14:20 PM »
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jun/09/game-of-thrones-colouring-book-george-rr-martin

I just saw this. It's like he'll come up with any excuse he can to not write these fucking books.  >:(
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #552 on: June 09, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »
I get where Stannis is coming from with the burning his only child alive. Makes me wonder if Mad King Aerys was really so mad after all.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #553 on: June 10, 2015, 08:40:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fucking this, i thought all those things watching the episode, the corniest fuckin dragon ride escape scene ever  to cap it off to. My only hope for the plot is that they want Danerys alive for some reason, otherwise its quite simply gone to shit.
I'm with both of you so much. How could there possibly be so many Harpies? How many people does Meereen have? A very large portion of them have to be former slaves. The dragon save was all types of cheese.

Then there's the cult in King's Landing. How much of a bitch is Tommen to have let his goddamn queen be taken away while his King's Guard was surrounding them? He even stopped them while they were drawing their swords. How much of bitch does he have to be let them imprison not just his wife but also his mother while he has in his command a whole army of trained killers? Fucking bullshit.

Even Arya's story is boring as fuck right now. I was looking forward to what would happen to her the most.

I have no idea what to expect with Sansa. Ramsay is still a great watch.

As for Stannis, it was clear he sold his soul to the Lord of Light near when he was first introduced. If you guys let his little heartfelt talks with his daughters fool you, that was your fault. It's clear the only thing that matters to him is successfully claiming the throne. What I wonder is what Davos is going to do when he finds out. He's already been defiant by saving a boy he didn't even know from the fire. What's he going to do when he finds his "king" killed the closest thing he had left to a child?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #554 on: June 10, 2015, 10:10:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I'm with both of you so much. How could there possibly be so many Harpies? How many people does Meereen have? A very large portion of them have to be former slaves. The dragon save was all types of cheese.

Then there's the cult in King's Landing. How much of a bitch is Tommen to have let his goddamn queen be taken away while his King's Guard was surrounding them? He even stopped them while they were drawing their swords. How much of bitch does he have to be let them imprison not just his wife but also his mother while he has in his command a whole army of trained killers? Fucking bullshit.

Even Arya's story is boring as fuck right now. I was looking forward to what would happen to her the most.

I have no idea what to expect with Sansa. Ramsay is still a great watch.

As for Stannis, it was clear he sold his soul to the Lord of Light near when he was first introduced. If you guys let his little heartfelt talks with his daughters fool you, that was your fault. It's clear the only thing that matters to him is successfully claiming the throne. What I wonder is what Davos is going to do when he finds out. He's already been defiant by saving a boy he didn't even know from the fire. What's he going to do when he finds his "king" killed the closest thing he had left to a child?

First off, "all kinds of cheese" is one of my new favorite expressions, thank you very much. 

second, the cult in king's landing drives me fucking crazy, I can't even enjoy Cersei get her come uppins. Hurry back Jamie.

I feel like Davos join Danerys. 

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #555 on: June 10, 2015, 10:53:46 PM »
I don't know if Davos is going to survive for much longer. The show has a habit of killing people of high character. Who else is as good a person as Davos and still alive? I think just Jon Snow. There are other characters that are still around that haven't done "bad things", but it seems those who are good and have also proven themselves very capable get killed off like sacrificial lambs. Can't have too many admirable people in Westeros. I guess I could include Dany, (and maybe Samwell, but getting a lucky kill on a white walker and getting beat the fuck down by other watchmen ain't exactly being capable. How does that fool stay fat anyway? This dude eating quadruple rations?) but that bitch is boring.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #556 on: June 11, 2015, 12:08:49 AM »

exact thoughts when she gets on the dragon..

also wtf why was the dragon weakened by 4-5 spears????
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #557 on: June 11, 2015, 08:36:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cause he's not full grown maybe? I'm not sure the dragons in Westeros are the mythical dragons that we think of. They're just giant fire breathing lizards, not magical, invulnerable beasts.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #558 on: June 11, 2015, 10:45:06 AM »
I'm with both of you so much. How could there possibly be so many Harpies? How many people does Meereen have? A very large portion of them have to be former slaves.

The SoH are literally the lower-born ranks of the wealthy families, the 'middle class' workers that are taking the pay from the wealthy families, and the slaves that are taking pay/intimidation from the wealthy families. The Unsullied are suffering losses from the multiple SoH attacks throughout the occupation in the city. Also, Dany doesn't have the entire Unsullied force at the Pits with her. Sure she probably brought a small force of Unsullied and Second Sons for protection, but I'd assume the majority are patrolling the city.

She's learning. It's slow. She's in the same process that Jon was in when he arrived at Castle Black. She shows up and immediately wants action. She's gotta pay her dues and learn the lay of the land. Trant showed up so now it should get interesting.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #559 on: June 11, 2015, 10:49:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Cause he's not full grown maybe? I'm not sure the dragons in Westeros are the mythical dragons that we think of. They're just giant fire breathing lizards, not magical, invulnerable beasts.

It must be the not full grown part because one dragon did all that damage at the castle The Mountain was in charge of a while ago and I think it's safe to say that place was probably full of more capable soldiers than the SOH. 

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #560 on: June 11, 2015, 10:57:11 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm with both of you so much. How could there possibly be so many Harpies? How many people does Meereen have? A very large portion of them have to be former slaves.
[close]

The SoH are literally the lower-born ranks of the wealthy families, the 'middle class' workers that are taking the pay from the wealthy families, and the slaves that are taking pay/intimidation from the wealthy families. The Unsullied are suffering losses from the multiple SoH attacks throughout the occupation in the city. Also, Dany doesn't have the entire Unsullied force at the Pits with her. Sure she probably brought a small force of Unsullied and Second Sons for protection, but I'd assume the majority are patrolling the city.

Expand Quote
[close]

She's learning. It's slow. She's in the same process that Jon was in when he arrived at Castle Black. She shows up and immediately wants action. She's gotta pay her dues and learn the lay of the land. Trant showed up so now it should get interesting.

Makes sense. I would still like for them to better show the demographics of the city.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #561 on: June 11, 2015, 11:05:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

It must be the not full grown part because one dragon did all that damage at the castle The Mountain was in charge of a while ago and I think it's safe to say that place was probably full of more capable soldiers than the SOH. 

That was Balerion that burned Harrenhal, and he was like the baddest motherfucker of a dragon that there ever was. The most legendary (so far). I think that's his skull in the Red Keep that Arya checked out in Season 1.

Drogon is like 1/2 to 3/4 his full size right now.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #562 on: June 11, 2015, 11:54:21 AM »
Yeah that's Balerion's skull in the basement. So he was the biggest of the three great dragons way back. Drogon is the biggest of the current three. Betting he'll get just as big, if not bigger, and eventually he'll just eat an entire town or something.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #563 on: June 11, 2015, 01:30:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That was Balerion that burned Harrenhal, and he was like the baddest motherfucker of a dragon that there ever was. The most legendary (so far). I think that's his skull in the Red Keep that Arya checked out in Season 1.

Drogon is like 1/2 to 3/4 his full size right now.

I think I read somewhere that dragons keep growing until they die so we really have no clue how big Drogon or the others will get.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #564 on: June 11, 2015, 02:19:54 PM »
Yeah I guess I meant "current" more than "full"

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #565 on: June 11, 2015, 07:40:33 PM »
There's a lot to wrap up in the upcoming finale. A bit worried I'll be let down because of it. Just recapping for my own sake:

Stannis's march on Winterfell. His last siege took up a whole episode, but I don't think that'll happen. Unless he can turn into a dragon or something now that he sacrificed his daughter and destroys the place in minutes.

What Sir Davos will do upon learning about Shireen. I'm also leaning toward his death. Jon will likely play a place in this too, though his bit with the wildlings seems wrapped up already.

Sansa's/Ramsey's/Theon's fate at Winterfell. And Lady Brienne's and Podrick's subsequent fate. I've kind of been rooting for Podrick to bang Brienne but now I want him to bang Sansa and make the world okay. It'll never happen because nothing is okay on this show. And by the same token, I think we're being led to root for Theon to redeem himself, and he probably won't.

The fiasco in King's landing. I think the Sparrows are a pretty sweet group of bad guys. Good formidable enemy for this season. And a good opportunity for Cersei to either prove herself as the new Tywin or bite the dust. I feel like Maester Qyburn and his experiment with The Mountain will show up here.

Little Finger's role in both cities. His position is building up a bunch this season.

The Jaime/Bronn quest. I love Bronn but this story felt tacked on. I'm hyped on the Sand Snakes' boobs we saw but they disappointed me as characters compared to Oberyn, who was awesome. Every one of the Lannisters are in some sort of danger right now, which is kind of tense I suppose.

Daenerys and Meereen. I feel like she'll leave with a bang and head toward Westeros. I'm bummed Varys has disappeared from this story.

I almost forgot about Arya. Who knows. Feels pretty detached from everybody else. Not going toward a unifying event. I think that was my main beef with this season. Everybody is all over the place in their own story without a common connection.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #566 on: June 11, 2015, 11:56:04 PM »
can't wait to see the cersei's you know what in the finale. but I read they used a body double for that scene, so that's a let-down.

dillanharp

« Reply #567 on: June 12, 2015, 01:54:09 AM »
Where the fuck is Gendry? Still floating around on that little fucking boat for what, 3 seasons?

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #568 on: June 12, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »
There's a lot to wrap up in the upcoming finale. A bit worried I'll be let down because of it. Just recapping for my own sake:

Stannis's march on Winterfell. His last siege took up a whole episode, but I don't think that'll happen. Unless he can turn into a dragon or something now that he sacrificed his daughter and destroys the place in minutes.

What Sir Davos will do upon learning about Shireen. I'm also leaning toward his death. Jon will likely play a place in this too, though his bit with the wildlings seems wrapped up already.

Sansa's/Ramsey's/Theon's fate at Winterfell. And Lady Brienne's and Podrick's subsequent fate. I've kind of been rooting for Podrick to bang Brienne but now I want him to bang Sansa and make the world okay. It'll never happen because nothing is okay on this show. And by the same token, I think we're being led to root for Theon to redeem himself, and he probably won't.

The fiasco in King's landing. I think the Sparrows are a pretty sweet group of bad guys. Good formidable enemy for this season. And a good opportunity for Cersei to either prove herself as the new Tywin or bite the dust. I feel like Maester Qyburn and his experiment with The Mountain will show up here.

Little Finger's role in both cities. His position is building up a bunch this season.

The Jaime/Bronn quest. I love Bronn but this story felt tacked on. I'm hyped on the Sand Snakes' boobs we saw but they disappointed me as characters compared to Oberyn, who was awesome. Every one of the Lannisters are in some sort of danger right now, which is kind of tense I suppose.

Daenerys and Meereen. I feel like she'll leave with a bang and head toward Westeros. I'm bummed Varys has disappeared from this story.

I almost forgot about Arya. Who knows. Feels pretty detached from everybody else. Not going toward a unifying event. I think that was my main beef with this season. Everybody is all over the place in their own story without a common connection.

My predictions:
1. Pretty sure Stannis will unleash a shadow to kill Roose and possibly Ramsay. Sansa might get caught in the crossfire seeing as I could imagine Ramsay throwing her at the shadow in an attempt to save himself.

2. Davos will leave Stannis and go join Daenerys. She's could always use more advisors and I feel Davos and Tyrion are both vitally important but each are different in their own way. Stannis might break down to Davos as well, I think we could all see how much he had turned himself off when he had to make that choice. He looked like he had been up all night and was tortured by having to sacrifice his daughter.

3. I hope Theon redeems himself, when he had to watch Ramsay rape Sansa you could tell he was angry deep inside. He's gonna need something to push him over the edge though which I'm sure Ramsay will provide in some terrible way.

4. We will finally see Ser Robert Strong, the frankenstein of the Mountain, did they send The Mountain's head to Dorne to appease the Martells? I know they did that in the book but I don't remember it happening in the show.

5. Not sure what Little Finger is up to. He seems to be maneuvering for his own gain. He might arrange for Ramsay to meet an unfortunate end when he returns as he will probably see how Sansa is being treated even if she doesn't tell him, Theon could tell him.

6. Jamie and Bronn will be heading back to kings landing with Myrcella and Tristane

7. Daenerys will find the khal of one of Drogos lieutenants and take it for herself and bring it back to Mereen to squash the SoH.

8. Arya will continue her training but also be exacting her revenge so I think Jaqen might kill her or banish her since she's not truly nobody.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:26:56 PM by posguy »

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #569 on: June 12, 2015, 12:11:22 PM »
That whole Dorne plotline seems really pointless so far. Also the first time that the show felt really really cheesy, especially that fighting scene with the Sand Snakes. Seemed straight out of some Xena Warrior Princess episode.