Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126938 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #600 on: May 05, 2016, 12:35:06 PM »
Now that he works for R'hllor, do you think Jon is going to start burning people? If he does I'll get a boner so big I pass out from oxygen deprivation.

KoRnholio8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #601 on: May 06, 2016, 01:26:34 AM »
god bless the internet:

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #602 on: May 06, 2016, 07:56:09 AM »
Looks like Big Kevan studd middle name mud is back in the next episode. Things are going to get awesome/messy.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #603 on: May 06, 2016, 08:50:03 AM »
Looks like Big Kevan studd middle name mud is back in the next episode. Things are going to get awesome/messy.

All he does is on the show is HARUMPH at Cersei. Unless we get a montage of his hand-iwork he's less useful than the door to Tywin's shitter.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #604 on: May 06, 2016, 09:52:28 AM »
I don't know how they're going to serve everyone justice in the next episode based on the synopsis and photos from the upcoming episode:

1. Daenerys meets her future.
2. Bran meets the past (Tower of Joy).
3. Tommen confronts the High Sparrow (also including the rest of the Lannisters and their King's Landing henchmen).
4. Arya trains to be No One.
5. Varys finds an answer (includes the whole Meereen crew based on photos).
6. Ramsay gets a gift (*spoiler warning* most likely Rickon).
7. The aftermath of Jon's resurrection will also be featured.

The only ones really missing are Sansa/Brienne, Theon & the Ironborn, Samwell (three episodes in and no Sam? Not right to play your boy like that), and Dorne. I noticed Sunspear, Dorne was missing from the opening credits map from the last episode, which is the first time Dorne has been out since Season 5 began. That may be foreboding that Dorne's storyline will be reduced this season. While I don't think they'll entirely write them off, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept them out until towards the end of this season and reveal that they've brought their army north against the Lannisters.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #605 on: May 06, 2016, 10:29:21 AM »
I don't know how they're going to serve everyone justice in the next episode based on the synopsis and photos from the upcoming episode:

3. Tommen confronts the High Sparrow (also including the rest of the Lannisters and their King's Landing henchmen).

The only ones really missing are Sansa/Brienne, Theon & the Ironborn, Samwell (three episodes in and no Sam? Not right to play your boy like that), and Dorne. I noticed Sunspear, Dorne was missing from the opening credits map from the last episode, which is the first time Dorne has been out since Season 5 began. That may be foreboding that Dorne's storyline will be reduced this season. While I don't think they'll entirely write them off, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept them out until towards the end of this season and reveal that they've brought their army north against the Lannisters.

Well Dorne are not-so-secretly Targaryen loyalists

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #606 on: May 06, 2016, 10:40:27 AM »
Jon Snow King of Dragons?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #607 on: May 06, 2016, 10:57:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Doran is a loyalist in the novels, but now he's dead and he never mentioned Daenerys or another Targaryen during his time on the show. Ellaria and the Brood of Bitches have no real ties to Targaryens except through their country's history. Unless Varys or another Targaryen loyalist makes their way to Dorne to convince them to fly the banner for the Dragons, Dorne's sole purpose on the show is as a foil to the Lannisters; to eradicate them as revenge for Oberyn & Elia.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #608 on: May 06, 2016, 11:11:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Doran is a loyalist in the novels, but now he's dead and he never mentioned Daenerys or another Targaryen during his time on the show. Ellaria and the Brood of Bitches have no real ties to Targaryens except through their country's history. Unless Varys or another Targaryen loyalist makes their way to Dorne to convince them to fly the banner for the Dragons, Dorne's sole purpose on the show is as a foil to the Lannisters; to eradicate them as revenge for Oberyn & Elia.

The show has mishandled Dorne (Should they have handled them at all?) pretty badly so there's no telling what they'll do with them. It seems like their idea of Dorne began and ended with Oberyn and then they were all "oh shit".  Me personally I'm hoping Dorne goes the way of Valyria, but with how they're setting up Lannisters vs. The Faith I don't think Dorne will get treated very well again this season. Maybe Varys is already cool with... everyone? in Dorne like it turned out he was with everyone in Mereen? Dorne would be a good place to park some ships.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 886
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #609 on: May 06, 2016, 11:20:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The show has mishandled Dorne (Should they have handled them at all?) pretty badly so there's no telling what they'll do with them. It seems like their idea of Dorne began and ended with Oberyn and then they were all "oh shit".  Me personally I'm hoping Dorne goes the way of Valyria, but with how they're setting up Lannisters vs. The Faith I don't think Dorne will get treated very well again this season. Maybe Varys is already cool with... everyone? in Dorne like it turned out he was with everyone in Mereen? Dorne would be a good place to park some ships.

I feel like Myrcella's death was pretty important to the Cersei story (fulfilling the witch's prophecy and also just another reason to blame Tyrion fro something) and wouldn't have been a part of it at all without Dorne.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #610 on: May 06, 2016, 11:26:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I feel like Myrcella's death was pretty important to the Cersei story (fulfilling the witch's prophecy and also just another reason to blame Tyrion fro something) and wouldn't have been a part of it at all without Dorne.

I agree with half of it. Her death was pretty ham fisted and inelegant and smelled, to me, like they had no idea what else to do with her. Or Doran. Or Trystane. Or Areo Hotah. Or that whole section of the continent. Cersei was like "oh... huh... just like that witch said. I guess she was right." It was more about her holding on to Tommen and Jaime than seeking revenge for Myrcella or any of that. I bet her vs. the sand snakes gets dropped for awhile (watch Sunday be all about the fucking sand snakes) until another element gets added to it. Maybe a small, bearded, fugitive element.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #611 on: May 06, 2016, 11:40:24 AM »
True, the sand snakes and dorne in general may have to take others' place on the rowboat of forgotten plot lines from last season.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #612 on: May 08, 2016, 08:52:45 PM »
I agree with half of it. Her death was pretty ham fisted and inelegant and smelled, to me, like they had no idea what else to do with her. Or Doran. Or Trystane. Or Areo Hotah. Or that whole section of the continent. Cersei was like "oh... huh... just like that witch said. I guess she was right." It was more about her holding on to Tommen and Jaime than seeking revenge for Myrcella or any of that. I bet her vs. the sand snakes gets dropped for awhile (watch Sunday be all about the fucking sand snakes) until another element gets added to it. Maybe a small, bearded, fugitive element.

I think it's crucial to Cersei's development. Compare Cersei's reaction to Joffrey's death vs. Myrcella's. In Joffrey's, she screamed bloody murder and demanded Tyrion's head. In Myrcella's, she's just defeated and surrendered to the witch's prophecy. This last episode with her bit about Varys's birds brought some of the old Cersei back, but right now, the Lannisters are looking completely powerless aside from having The Mountain on hand. Their comeuppance for a lifetime of treachery looks like it's coming to a head, even without the Starks doing anything to them at all. It could be at the hands of the Sand Snakes, or really anyone at this point in King's Landing's rotten state.

Just for conversational purposes, it seems like faith and magic are taking a front seat this season, compared to others where it was lightly touched upon. Jon is back from the dead (with heavy emphasis on Lady Melisandre's struggle with her faith), Cersei feels beholden to the Witch's prophecy, Bran's warg flashbacks take up significant screen time, red priests in Meereen (and Volantis last season) are praising Daenarys like Melisandre latched onto Stannis and now Jon Snow, Arya is magically going blind and back...

On that note, every trailer for this season has teased at every house falling and everyone dying. I've only read the first book so I'm not familiar with the Faceless Men's methods outside of what the show has shown, so let me know if I'm stupid, but part of me thinks Arya, or her earthly form at least, just died herself. Whenever any other volunteers drank the water, they did so looking for relief. Arya drank the water and experienced relief, which might have been what happened from the drinkers' perspective, while somebody watching Arya might have just seen her collapse. The House of Black and White, for being a worldwide network of hitmen, seems to be only be composed of Jaqen H'gar, the shitty bitch Arya trains with, and maybe another servant here or there, all of whom interchange faces or disappear in thin air, so it seems like they're not among the living.

So far this season has me gripped. It's really somber and dark. I'm braced for everything to go to hell.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: May 09, 2016, 07:05:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it's crucial to Cersei's development. Compare Cersei's reaction to Joffrey's death vs. Myrcella's. In Joffrey's, she screamed bloody murder and demanded Tyrion's head. In Myrcella's, she's just defeated and surrendered to the witch's prophecy. This last episode with her bit about Varys's birds brought some of the old Cersei back, but right now, the Lannisters are looking completely powerless aside from having The Mountain on hand. Their comeuppance for a lifetime of treachery looks like it's coming to a head, even without the Starks doing anything to them at all. It could be at the hands of the Sand Snakes, or really anyone at this point in King's Landing's rotten state.

Lannisters are back in recon mode. Interesting to see how they are basically using Qyburn to fulfill some for Varys's role in KL. Cersei seemed pretty deflated when she forgave Tommen, like, "Fuck it, yeah it's fine, you're probably just going to die anyway".

The House of B&W is weird on screen. Guessing there are quite a few people in service to it, and at any given time they're out on missions/killing people, or roaming around doing chores. Arya seems to be taking a path similar to Jon's - giving herself to a cause. Jon gave up any (potential) claim to take the black. Arya gives up her name, and herself, to become faceless. Jon is released of his vows. Arya, I assume at some point, will get back to Westeros and cross paths with Mel.

Mel is going to be weird as fuck now. This chick went from cocky, to broken, to confused about what her abilities actually even are, and if there is any sort of afterlife.

This is a fucking stretch but does anybody else foresee the Mountain/Hound fight potential? We have it confirmed that Robert Strong is Gregor, for the first time I think. Cersei made a comment about using him as her champion should she choose trial by combat. Is there potential for the Hound to be Gravedigger, and somehow be chosen by the Faith, since he's **maybe** out on Quiet Isle now?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #614 on: May 09, 2016, 07:12:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lannisters are back in recon mode. Interesting to see how they are basically using Qyburn to fulfill some for Varys's role in KL. Cersei seemed pretty deflated when she forgave Tommen, like, "Fuck it, yeah it's fine, you're probably just going to die anyway".

The House of B&W is weird on screen. Guessing there are quite a few people in service to it, and at any given time they're out on missions/killing people, or roaming around doing chores. Arya seems to be taking a path similar to Jon's - giving herself to a cause. Jon gave up any (potential) claim to take the black. Arya gives up her name, and herself, to become faceless. Jon is released of his vows. Arya, I assume at some point, will get back to Westeros and cross paths with Mel.

Mel is going to be weird as fuck now. This chick went from cocky, to broken, to confused about what her abilities actually even are, and if there is any sort of afterlife.

This is a fucking stretch but does anybody else foresee the Mountain/Hound fight potential? We have it confirmed that Robert Strong is Gregor, for the first time I think. Cersei made a comment about using him as her champion should she choose trial by combat. Is there potential for the Hound to be Gravedigger, and somehow be chosen by the Faith, since he's **maybe** out on Quiet Isle now?

There's an Ian McShane interview where he basically says he's playing Meribald and then he spoils some shit if you are inclined to go look for it. I won't force it on anyone.

I think what's going on in the House of B&W is sort of like what happened in the House of the Undying. It exists both in and out of time, you know? People go in and have their experience on their own. Arya and Jaqen are in there, but others might be as well, and is that even Jaqen or just a familiar face for Arya?

I like Qyburn? Weird. He looks out for the little guy in his own way. Whether that's taking care of street children or creating undead revenge monsters.

Loved Tormund's dick joke.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #615 on: May 17, 2016, 12:55:34 AM »
melisande's tits > daenerys' tits

since mel likes to use sex to manipulate, will we ever see her seduce the mighty khaleesi? is it known, wink, wink?

also, an extra wrote the entire plot for the episode 9 on reddit if you care to believe it is true

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #616 on: May 17, 2016, 06:15:45 AM »
I hope Littlefinger gets iced soon. The first few double crosses were fine but by now everyone in Westeros ought to know that he is an untrustworthy shitbag. The idea that he can still get anyone else to side with him (or physically protect him) is getting more implausible.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #617 on: May 22, 2016, 07:41:18 PM »
Hodor origin story and death scene? Wasn't expecting that one.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #618 on: May 22, 2016, 08:49:30 PM »
Hodor origin story and death scene? Wasn't expecting that one.

Yeah it was weird.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #619 on: May 22, 2016, 11:35:56 PM »
That was heavy. Worse than when Stannis killed Shireen.

So, Baelish being the piece of shit that he is, what do you guy thinks going to happen at Riverrun?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:19:27 AM by Level 60 Dwarf Paladin »
you never know about pre-cum 

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #620 on: May 23, 2016, 05:49:17 AM »
There's no way that was worse than a father burning his innocent daughter alive. Down to two direwolves now what the fuck Summer.

No idea how more people aren't talking about or disappointed with the origin of the White Walkers. Kind of a let down to find out they're a creation of the children that just basically went rogue.

Wouldn't be surprised if Baelish is still playing Sansa, and used the Riverrun bit just to get Brienne and Sansa separated.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #621 on: May 23, 2016, 08:10:46 AM »
Watching Arya see her family's history rewritten in front of her was pretty interesting as well.  That had to suck.

You can see Cersei's influence on the history of the kingdoms through that skit. Robert being a drunk prick. Joff being naive and childish, instead of evil and fucked up. Ned perceived as a dumbass that wants the throne. Tyrion cast as the grand villain that is pulling all the strings in the background. Bravos actually is pretty chill.

Wondering if that was Coldhands we got a glimpse of in preview for next week.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #622 on: May 23, 2016, 08:23:14 AM »
I thought it was worse. Maybe worse is the wrong word, but the totality of the circumstances was heavier, for me. Shireen's death pissed me off, I remember saying "I'm done with this fucking show," but that season was pretty bad and I feel like it was all just in there to get a reaction out of a shit season.  With Hodor, it wasn't the death alone, it was the back story, Bran's "influence."

This is probably my favorite season outside of 1.
you never know about pre-cum 

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: May 23, 2016, 09:30:27 AM »

I thought that he was going to be right outside the door. Hoping anyway. He's the only way I could see those 2 getting away from the white walkers.

I think.  Baelish is going to go into self preservation mode and he's gonna fuck some people over to save himself. 
do what he always does.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #624 on: May 23, 2016, 01:46:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I thought that he was going to be right outside the door. Hoping anyway. He's the only way I could see those 2 getting away from the white walkers.

Expand Quote
 I think.  Baelish is going to go into self preservation mode and he's gonna fuck some people over to save himself.  
do what he always does.

[close]

I thought they were setting up a return for Benjen with the greenseeing part. I also read a theory somewhere that the white walkers want Bran to make it to the wall because somehow being touched and having the night king's mark on him will break the curse that prevents the WW's from going past the wall similar to the tree in this episode.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: May 23, 2016, 01:49:29 PM »
Not sure about the marking Bran to get behind the wall, because I don't think it's ever been mentioned that the wall is somehow magically protected in the show.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #626 on: May 23, 2016, 02:18:15 PM »
Not sure about the marking Bran to get behind the wall, because I don't think it's ever been mentioned that the wall is somehow magically protected in the show.

They mention it quite a bit in the first season. I can't cite specific scenes because it's been awhile but Bran, Ned, Jon, and Tyrion at the very least mention the wall containing magic.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #627 on: May 23, 2016, 03:03:16 PM »

Yeah, yeah, shame about Hodor, but what about Bran's direwolf?  :'( That was cruel af.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #628 on: May 23, 2016, 03:24:11 PM »
Did anyone else notice that Daenerys was wearing the ring that Grayscale Mary Mormont touched around her neck? Mormont noted in the last episode that the grayscale never touched Daario to afflict him, so his hands alone might not be enough to make the ring contagious, but if he were a restauranteur, I'd give him a poor review.

No idea how more people aren't talking about or disappointed with the origin of the White Walkers. Kind of a let down to find out they're a creation of the children that just basically went rogue.

Yeah that was one of the biggest moments in history brushed over in seconds. Was expecting more.

They went full fantasy for this one. The show, and the books for that matter, are praised for using magic sparingly and relying mostly on quasi-historical human drama. But this episode ended with a tree elf using a fire sphere to stave off wights who just killed a human crow from killing a time traveler who was altering the past to save himself in the present. It'll be interesting to see where they take that from here.

This is probably my favorite season outside of 1.

It's hard to pick just one but I'm definitely hooked. This episode got me good. Bran's flashbacks are gripping.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #629 on: May 23, 2016, 05:54:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
 I think.  Baelish is going to go into self preservation mode and he's gonna fuck some people over to save himself.  
do what he always does.

[close]
[close]

I thought they were setting up a return for Benjen with the greenseeing part. I also read a theory somewhere that the white walkers want Bran to make it to the wall because somehow being touched and having the night king's mark on him will break the curse that prevents the WW's from going past the wall similar to the tree in this episode.
Well, one of the biggest theories running about the books is that Benjen is Cold Hands.