Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126782 times)

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #660 on: June 14, 2016, 10:23:18 AM »
Battle of the Bastards is going to be epic.. I hope

Maybe we'll finally see Ramsay get what he deserves
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #661 on: June 14, 2016, 03:58:51 PM »
So what are the chances Grrrrrrrrrrr Martin will let the tv show effect the way he writes the books ? will he stick to his original idea of where his books are going ? or look at what characters are most popular and then focus more on them or let them live when they were supposed to die

Some parts in the books are ahead of the tv and some are behind . Other parts didnt happen the way they did in the books

how much free reign do the TV directors have ?

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #662 on: June 14, 2016, 05:45:19 PM »
He already met with the TV folks and gave them broad guidelines for how it's going to go in the books but the minor storylines/details etc. will be different. 

The only major difference will be Osha's character; George liked Natalie Tena's portrayal so much more than his book counterpart that he's attempting to expand her role in future novels.

My main fear this season was the show's writing with no novel for basis. I just want to rant off my thoughts so tl;dr & spoiler warning now:

The frustrating thing about Arya's storyline is that the Faceless Men's are so lackadaisical in following their own stringent religious principles. "You must give up all desires to truly be no one" -- The Waif clearly wants to kill Arya. And Arya already showed that she had no desire to kill the innocent, regardless of whom the Many-Faced God wanted. Jaqen proclaims Arya is "finally No One," after he said there are no third chances and when he must know damn well she wasn't going to come back under his employ. I hope there's a larger motive involved there or else this religion will be the Scientology of Thrones. Still might be.

Also, I understand budgetary restrictions, but a few more Faceless Men extras wandering around in the background of the House of Black & White would've made the whole affair far more believable. Arya not having a weapon on her and getting gutted in the stomach was a misstep. Then proceeding to fall, drag, and run with an opening day-old wound is taking the already edge-of-believability of this show and taking it to a length I can't enjoy. Yes, dragons, resurrection, and ice zombies all live on this show, but people die when they deserve to die. Khal Drogo died from a fucking flesh wound.

Breaking midway through the Meereen siege is fine by me because a least I know the scene will be resolved by the finale or early next year--and not in 5+ years like George did to everyone who reads the books.

Hyping up LSH and Cleganebowl in episode 7 was so palpable that this past episode was a fish slap to the face. I'm not a LSH-enthusiast and haven't been since season 4 ended--that would've been the only prominent time to show her in my mind. Even still, showing members of the BWB turning dark and hanging anyone who is/was friends with the Lannisters (the Hound and supposedly the villagers) was too strong an indicator. Fine, they were just a few bad apples in a still noble group and promptly disposed of. But then outlawing trials by combat and sending Sandor north? The Mountain needs to be slain and he needs to be slain by his brother.

Killing major recurring characters like the Waif and Blackfish offscreen is a waste. That's three episodes that we haven't been emotionally jarred by a death (Hodor). Understandably, Clive Russell didn't want to film a fight scene at his age.

I'd like more Melisandre, Ramsay, Rickon, Sam, & Gilly please. Where is Sam going? If he's going to the Citadel in Oldtown still, cool. If he's going back to the Wall, what the fuck. I also feel like we're not going to see his family again and it seems like a waste of great characters.

Tyrion's been relegated to the Meereen Small Council Jester and it mostly sucks. Who thought I'd miss seeing the polarizing citizens of Meereen?

I'm cool with the Ironborn, especially since it looks like they're going to help Daenerys defeat the Masters, and hopefully add their ships to the Iron Fleet for a successful invasion of Westeros. Crossing my fingers that Tyrion and Theon share a moment of silence for Ros.

Varys is most likely going to Dorne for assistance. The hell have the sand snakes been up to? They don't seem like the types to sit quietly.

I really preferred the look of the previous Night King actor, Richard Brake. He had a strong jawline, the new guy isn't as menacing.

I miss Edd.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #663 on: June 14, 2016, 11:59:23 PM »
Spoilers Here Spoilers Here Spoilers Here Spoilers Here   Spoilers Here   Spoilers Here

Spoilers Here Spoilers Here Spoilers Here Spoilers Here   Spoilers Here   Spoilers Here

saucy ragu . EVERYTHING is frustrating about the arya story line

Even before Bravos They took away kills from her , and they added other kills she never did in the books . Other random changes
that never needed to be done and was fine in the books

My feelings / understanding of her in the book is that she wants to be a faceless assassin . She understands and wants to serve .
Now she kept needle so she is not ready to give up on everything yet . But she is deff embracing being a assassin since
she has no problem with taking out her targets that the faceless have gave her . And she seems very happy on being a apprentice
for a real assassin . No mention of her warg'ing powers .

No real lore from the books that many come to the temple to kill themselves , or that the faceless take care of the bodies and give peace to
people who suffer , and no real mention on all the coins and possessions they keep

In the TV show the waif wants arya dead , but in the books they are really good friend ( not really the same waif ) .

I was really hoping in the books that Arya became a faceless one and did her job . But with the spoilers from the TV show . Im kinda worries that this means GRRRRR Martin will make her abandon them and go back to westeros . It would be a weird direction from what how the books are going now ...

So many weird things in the TV shows , chars that are alive in the books get killed off for no reason ?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #664 on: June 15, 2016, 12:11:01 AM »
I was talking to a buddy of mine who is more up on GoT lore and teories than I am, and he was trying to tell me about a theory that the waif wasn't actually real, but Arya's alter ego fighting itself to become no one. I don't buy it, because there sure was a face on the wall at the end of that episode, but who's face was it really.

Like I said, I don't buy it.
you never know about pre-cum 

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #665 on: June 15, 2016, 12:42:22 AM »
I was talking to a buddy of mine who is more up on GoT lore and teories than I am, and he was trying to tell me about a theory that the waif wasn't actually real, but Arya's alter ego fighting itself to become no one. I don't buy it, because there sure was a face on the wall at the end of that episode, but who's face was it really.

Some of these GoT theories are too stupid to even acknowledge

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #666 on: June 15, 2016, 01:02:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The only thing I see backing that one is that she got stabbed... A lot... And the knife got twisted. then she drank some soup, killed the waif and was fine.

Best theory...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:39:46 AM by Level 60 Dwarf Paladin »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #667 on: June 15, 2016, 06:05:50 AM »
When Arya first met Jaqen he mentioned her kill list and said a girl would have the opportunity to give them all to the Red God. He says that right before he gives her the Braavosi coin after helping her, Hot Pie, and Gendry escape Harrenhall. He never intended for her to complete training and become a real Faceless Man. He mentioned the Red God, which according to every other mention of a Red God is R'Hllor. That's what got Arya interested in becoming a faceless man in the first place. Arya was always supposed to go back to Winterfell for what's coming.

http://youtu.be/Y31RoHC15pM?t=539

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #668 on: June 15, 2016, 08:02:32 AM »
When Arya first met Jaqen he mentioned her kill list and said a girl would have the opportunity to give them all to the Red God. He says that right before he gives her the Braavosi coin after helping her, Hot Pie, and Gendry escape Harrenhall. He never intended for her to complete training and become a real Faceless Man. He mentioned the Red God, which according to every other mention of a Red God is R'Hllor. That's what got Arya interested in becoming a faceless man in the first place. Arya was always supposed to go back to Winterfell for what's coming.

Nothing of that makes sense . The faceless men are paid assassin who kill who they are paid to kill . But theres also a creed to it . They have rules . Whats the reason for them to train arya and then let her go , It breaks their rules . They dont have a vested interest in the politics in Westeros or who is king or queen . No investment in the Starks .

The TV shows the faceless men as a half assed organisation that dont follow their own rules for no other reason then to train her for some reason and then let her go . And she didnt get that much training at all really .

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #669 on: June 15, 2016, 08:18:47 AM »
Killing major recurring characters like the Waif and Blackfish offscreen is a waste. That's three episodes that we haven't been emotionally jarred by a death (Hodor). Understandably, Clive Russell didn't want to film a fight scene at his age.

That actually pissed me off, because we deserved to see the Waif get it. The off-screen deaths are have become pretty cheap in the last two seasons. I was pretty disappointed to find out they ended Stannis with an off-screen kill. Blackfish I understand. Waif deserved to be shown, even if it was in pitch black, they could've included the sounds, a shriek, and then her stumbling out into the daylight to take her last breaths. At least we saw the bloodied face on the wall.

Old roommate was trying to tell me she believes that was actually another face, and the Waif is just wearing Arya's face, as she's trying to quit the faceless men. tinafeyeyeroll.gif

Also miss Edd.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #670 on: June 15, 2016, 08:45:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nothing of that makes sense . The faceless men are paid assassin who kill who they are paid to kill . But theres also a creed to it . They have rules . Whats the reason for them to train arya and then let her go , It breaks their rules . They dont have a vested interest in the politics in Westeros or who is king or queen . No investment in the Starks .

The TV shows the faceless men as a half assed organisation that dont follow their own rules for no other reason then to train her for some reason and then let her go . And she didnt get that much training at all really .

Jaqen explicitly states she will give people to the Red God. The same Red God that has a plan for Jon Snow and a plan for Bran Stark. The Starks are important and have connections they don't even know about which should be obvious to everyone who doesn't run off on Syrio Forel tangents. If he follows the Red God, which I see no reason to not think R'Hllor, the Many Faced God, and the Seven are all the same just interpreted differently by people, then what he serves is much greater than just killing people for money. He was training Arya to be a warrior in the war that's coming, just as 3ER trained Bran and Melisandre is Melisandreing Jon. The Red God is only concerned with the impending WW war, not poisoning an actress for a couple of bucks.

Arya is more important than being an anonymous assassin. Get your heads out of your asses.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #671 on: June 15, 2016, 11:49:23 AM »
Has there been any sort of "proof" of the Seven's existence in any way? So there seems to be some evidence that the OG existed, and proof that the Red God and Many Faced God exists (might be the same).

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #672 on: June 15, 2016, 12:17:44 PM »
Has there been any sort of "proof" of the Seven's existence in any way? So there seems to be some evidence that the OG existed, and proof that the Red God and Many Faced God exists (might be the same).

When Lily Potter died protecting her son from Voldemort's atta--nevermind.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #673 on: June 15, 2016, 12:52:02 PM »

The Faith of the Seven worship seven aspects of one god. The mother, father, stranger, crone etc. are all one deity. A deity with many faces, if you will. I personally think everyone is unknowingly worshipping R'Hllor and he is the only real god.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Faith_of_the_Seven#The_Seven

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #674 on: June 15, 2016, 03:12:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Jaqen explicitly states she will give people to the Red God. The same Red God that has a plan for Jon Snow and a plan for Bran Stark. The Starks are important and have connections they don't even know about which should be obvious to everyone who doesn't run off on Syrio Forel tangents. If he follows the Red God, which I see no reason to not think R'Hllor, the Many Faced God, and the Seven are all the same just interpreted differently by people, then what he serves is much greater than just killing people for money. He was training Arya to be a warrior in the war that's coming, just as 3ER trained Bran and Melisandre is Melisandreing Jon. The Red God is only concerned with the impending WW war, not poisoning an actress for a couple of bucks.

Arya is more important than being an anonymous assassin. Get your heads out of your asses.

Ive read the more popular theories about Jon Snow and I do belive in them . Seems in many ways quite clear where he comes from and where he is going . But like I said the books and tv show are very different . The Faceless men are religous assassins , who have set rules .

The tv show shows them ass kinda religious assassins who kind of have rules but they break them for no other reason then to help the starks . The Faceless men dont have a political agenda in this whole war . They are not trying to become royalty or trying to sign a contract with the Starks to become a Stark assassin club

She goes to braavos because of the coin and because of meeting Jaqen . But claiming Braavos knew about the future war and sent Syrio Forel as a special agent to teach arya to fight , Fooling Ned to hire this spy at his own wish , or that Syrio Forel is actually Jaqen its just pushing the conspiracy theories too far

Saying a League of assassins who care nothing about who they kill , figured out there will be a war , decide to send out a spy to train a little girl who is not really anyone special , train her , save her , trick her to braavos , train her again in a religious assassin cult , break the rules for no reason and then send her away to do what ?

Like I said the books are alot different and make more sense  . Maybe I should bump the other thread with spoilers from the book so we can talk more openly about this

shit_for_brains

« Reply #675 on: June 15, 2016, 03:49:30 PM »
I know about the books, do you mean so we don't ruin it for other people?

Jaqen was never training Arya to be a faceless man, he was training her, as a servant of the Red God, for her role in the war that's coming. That's why he "broke the rule" and let Arya leave, because it wasn't a rule for her. She isn't going back to Westeros to join in a fight for a crown, she's going to help the living fight the dead. That's the Red God's whole entire thing. She was never meant to stay at the House of Black and White.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #676 on: June 15, 2016, 05:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nah I thought this myself. As saucy ragu pointed out, the House of Black and White, a giant building housing a network of high-end assassins that span two countries had about four people in it. These four people do tradesies on faces, make people go magically blind, etc. The whole thing appears to be more of an "experience" than something that adheres to physics, like the House of the Undying, as shit for brains brought up a while ago. So I was genuinely surprised at the "don't let her suffer" scene, in that I thought the waif was an imaginative figure or Ja'qen in a different form or whatever. Like saucy, it just leaves me bummed that they didn't populate the House of Black and White more.

Arya running around after getting stabbed in the gut four times was stupid. But the night fight was cool.

I'm not expecting people to listen, but I'd dig it if you chilled on using book spoilers without proper spoiler alerts, which seems to be the case so far.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #677 on: June 15, 2016, 09:38:55 PM »
shit_for_brains . Yeah so we dont talk book stuff here and do spoilers . Ill bump it later today when I have time to write some stuff

Bobby Peru , Who me or Shit for brains ?

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #678 on: June 16, 2016, 06:32:33 AM »
Bobby Peru , Who me or Shit for brains ?

I think he means anyone, since he said "I'm not expecting people to listen."

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #679 on: June 19, 2016, 11:38:35 PM »
Well well , things sure picked up for this ep . Was a good one

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #680 on: June 20, 2016, 12:09:28 AM »
Watching that with my over-reacting wife was hard. Hitting me, covering her eyes, "oh my god!!"

Great episode though.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #681 on: June 20, 2016, 04:41:38 AM »
Felt strange and uncomfortable for the show to give me so much of what I wanted.

Typing that made me realize the writers are as abusive as Ramsay Snow.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #682 on: June 20, 2016, 06:41:05 AM »
Should've shown Ramsay getting torn to pieces instead of cutting to Sansa's smile. Just stoked that Tormund made it out of that battle alive. That was heavy.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #683 on: June 20, 2016, 07:24:03 AM »
Now we're talking!
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #684 on: June 20, 2016, 07:30:27 AM »
The whole Meereen segment was unexpected and so satisfying. The dragon CGI was infinitely better than last year's pit scene, and believeable to watch. Dany & Sansa are becoming cold, but needfully so. Thankfully with some level-headedness as well, be it them or their advisors. Holy cinematography christ on that battle scene. They spent 25 days filming and about two months overall out there in Saintfield, so worth it.

Does anyone know where I can find a screenshot breakdown of the episode 10 trailer?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #685 on: June 20, 2016, 07:35:56 AM »
That battle scene was fucking intense. The tracking shot of Jon fucking people up and chaos happening all around him, the scene of him being suffocated under the bodies, goddamn. What a good episode. That should shut people up when complaining about a lack of dragons for awhile. All three destroying the Masters' fleet is some legendary shit. During Aegon's conquest all three dragons only flew together once and they wrote books about it.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #686 on: June 20, 2016, 08:54:12 AM »
Must've sucked to be on that one ship.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #687 on: June 20, 2016, 10:57:23 AM »
The whole Meereen segment was unexpected and so satisfying. The dragon CGI was infinitely better than last year's pit scene, and believeable to watch. Dany & Sansa are becoming cold, but needfully so. Thankfully with some level-headedness as well, be it them or their advisors. Holy cinematography christ on that battle scene. They spent 25 days filming and about two months overall out there in Saintfield, so worth it.

Does anyone know where I can find a screenshot breakdown of the episode 10 trailer?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3650040/Cersei-s-reckoning-hand-Tyrion-tells-Denerys-Game-Thrones-season-finale-trailer.html

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #688 on: June 20, 2016, 11:03:34 AM »
My favorite episode ever. Seeing the three dragons fuck shit up was amazing! Then the battle....holy fuck the cinematography was perfect. Glad Ramsay got what he deserved.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #689 on: June 20, 2016, 11:30:53 AM »
Should've shown Ramsay getting torn to pieces instead of cutting to Sansa's smile. Just stoked that Tormund made it out of that battle alive. That was heavy.

Sansa got hers, I can't complain.