Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126844 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #690 on: June 20, 2016, 11:36:44 AM »
Tormund's boss fight against the Small Jon was awesome. He fucking ATE that dude's neck then stabbed him in the face a million times with a bone.

castillo's curls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #691 on: June 20, 2016, 04:06:57 PM »

Wow, one hell of an episode.

Personally, I'm relieved that the Onion Knight made it out alive. One of my favorite characters for sure. Wonder what he's going to do to Melisandre.

Minor plot hole: Sansa rides away before Ramsay says that stuff about not feeding his dogs. It bugged me a bit that she confronted him with that at the end, since she couldn't have had heard him say it before. Minor gripe.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #692 on: June 20, 2016, 08:58:04 PM »

Minor plot hole: Sansa rides away before Ramsay says that stuff about not feeding his dogs. It bugged me a bit that she confronted him with that at the end, since she couldn't have had heard him say it before. Minor gripe.

I noticed that too , I just guessed they brought it up again later before she went down there

Its kinda funny how we dont believe or refuse to accept some things

In a world with dragons , giants , wood elf thingys , dragon glass , assassins that can switch faces and undead zombies . We refuse to believe Sansa could have hear a conversation from a long distance

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #693 on: June 20, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »
I knew Wun Wun was gonna bite it.

100% with Shitforbrains. Everything he said makes so much sense that Martin could just be setting it up to take it away from us.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:46:39 PM by L33Tg33k »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #694 on: June 21, 2016, 04:40:34 AM »
So since Sansa is obviously pregnant with Ramsay's rape baby, anybody else figure Littlefinger will swoop in with the marriage offer and they play it off like it's his kid? It'd be hard for Ramsay's name to disappear otherwise. Littlefinger's desire to fuck redheaded Tullys is what set all this in motion in the first place.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #695 on: June 21, 2016, 05:43:25 AM »
So since Sansa is obviously pregnant with Ramsay's rape baby, anybody else figure Littlefinger will swoop in with the marriage offer and they play it off like it's his kid? It'd be hard for Ramsay's name to disappear otherwise. Littlefinger's desire to fuck redheaded Tullys is what set all this in motion in the first place.

I'm not following on the Sansa being pregnant theory floating around. Within the timeline of the show, a few months have passed, so she would be showing. Yes, she's been wearing mostly thick clothing all season so it would be tough to see, but we've had little indication that she would be pregnant otherwise other than the "I can still feel what he did inside me" line, which most of Ramsay's other victims could probably agree to.. if they're alive. Also, though there are some dialogue plot holes in her storyline, I'm sure she would've asked Melisandre for some morning-after medicine by now.

I think Baelish will want to position her as Queen in the North, with himself in a high advisory role. He may even want to try to edge Jon out of the picture--he's too much like Ned, and Ned caused problems for Baelish previously.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #696 on: June 21, 2016, 06:18:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not following on the Sansa being pregnant theory floating around. Within the timeline of the show, a few months have passed, so she would be showing. Yes, she's been wearing mostly thick clothing all season so it would be tough to see, but we've had little indication that she would be pregnant otherwise other than the "I can still feel what he did inside me" line, which most of Ramsay's other victims could probably agree to.. if they're alive. Also, though there are some dialogue plot holes in her storyline, I'm sure she would've asked Melisandre for some morning-after medicine by now.

I think Baelish will want to position her as Queen in the North, with himself in a high advisory role. He may even want to try to edge Jon out of the picture--he's too much like Ned, and Ned caused problems for Baelish previously.

I forget the exact line but Ramsay says something very "you're carrying my baby" before Sansa does the "you'll disappear" speech. It's not outright said but it's as heavily implied as why Cersei is looking for wildfire caches. Sansa and her heir will ultimately run Winterfell but there's only going to be one crown in the North and it won't be on Sansa.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #697 on: June 21, 2016, 06:46:42 AM »
He just says he's a part of her now. Sure that could mean pregnancy, but Ramsay would have no idea and it's been months since he last had a ride on the salsa cart. He's probably just saying he's a part of her because she'll never forget his abuse and what he's done to her. Sansa's rebuttal (or what I took from it) was that she might remember, but everybody else will forget. His last moments were understanding that his hubris had brought down the entirety of house Bolton, and that he doesn't control everything like he thought he did.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #698 on: June 21, 2016, 07:30:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Last season Baelish made a deal with Cersei to make him Warden of the North. Might want Sansa to be his wife.

I'm not on board with the pregnant Sansa theory but I could be wrong. Everything is going too nicely right now. Still hoping Podrick and his magic cock teach Sansa how to love again.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #699 on: June 21, 2016, 07:37:57 AM »
I don't hope Sansa is pregnant, because who gives a shit about that stuff the clock is ticking on White Walkers and dragons and shit, that's just the message I'm getting from the show. I'm more than willing to accept being wrong about it though.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #700 on: June 21, 2016, 07:53:52 AM »
Was that Small Jon guy on the show before? I thought he looked important but I had zero recollection of him.

Also, now that I'm past the relief that the Starks won the battle, I'm back to being pissed at Jon Snow for being a dipshit and getting 3000 of his men killed and nearly losing everything in the exact way he himself predicted.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #701 on: June 21, 2016, 07:59:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Last season Baelish made a deal with Cersei to make him Warden of the North. Might want Sansa to be his wife.

I'm not on board with the pregnant Sansa theory but I could be wrong. Everything is going too nicely right now. Still hoping Podrick and his magic cock teach Sansa how to love again.

Everything has been going too nicely hasn't it? Except for the Hodor thing, this season has been going great. Makes me wonder how they're going to fucking ruin it next episode.
you never know about pre-cum 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #702 on: June 21, 2016, 08:24:29 AM »
Was that Small Jon guy on the show before? I thought he looked important but I had zero recollection of him.

Also, now that I'm past the relief that the Starks won the battle, I'm back to being pissed at Jon Snow for being a dipshit and getting 3000 of his men killed and nearly losing everything in the exact way he himself predicted.

He was only in the episode where Ramsay kills Roose and he calls the Karstark guy a kiddie fiddler. His dad, Great Jon, was the person who declared Robb King Indanorff but I think he dipped out before the Red Wedding and hasn't been seen since. Small Jon said GJ died "on his own" so I'm not sure what happened to him. Maybe he's out in the woods touching buttholes with the blackfish.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #703 on: June 21, 2016, 11:21:26 AM »
I don't hope Sansa is pregnant, because who gives a shit about that stuff the clock is ticking on White Walkers and dragons and shit, that's just the message I'm getting from the show. I'm more than willing to accept being wrong about it though.

I'd love to see the final giant war (hopefully it comes to that). Dragons, white walkers, humans, all fighting one big battle that will reveal the fate of Westoros
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

shit_for_brains

« Reply #704 on: June 21, 2016, 11:52:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd love to see the final giant war (hopefully it comes to that). Dragons, white walkers, humans, all fighting one big battle that will reveal the fate of Westoros

They'll have to. After all this time? That'd be like if Walter White had lived. There HAS to be a war with the White Walkers with Drogon and friends flying around spitting napalm all over them.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #705 on: June 21, 2016, 01:38:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They'll have to. After all this time? That'd be like if Walter White had lived. There HAS to be a war with the White Walkers with Drogon and friends flying around spitting napalm all over them.

I think that would probably the best thing that will ever be shown on television

shit_for_brains

« Reply #706 on: June 21, 2016, 01:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think that would probably the best thing that will ever be shown on television

In the books, they mention a battle that happened hundreds of years before the events of the show during the Targaryen conquest called the Field of Fire. It was the only time all three dragons flew together during the conquest and combined they burned about 5,000 troops in just a couple of hours and was the event that made Torrhen Stark surrender the north to Aegon Targaryen. Since the only thing that kills wights is fire (and dragon glass) and the show has beat us over the head with that fact, I'd put a couple of bucks on us seeing three dragons flying around burning thousands of wights at some point.

They slashed the episode order for seasons 7 and 8 from 10 each to 7 and 6 respectively, and that's so they can budget $20-$25m per episode instead of the $6-$10m they've been doing the past few years. I think the last episode was close to the $20m mark, so we're to expect 13 episodes of that level with more production time allowed for fewer episodes. S'gonna be good.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #707 on: June 21, 2016, 02:07:27 PM »
any word on the time line for the remaining seasons?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #708 on: June 21, 2016, 02:30:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

In the books, they mention a battle that happened hundreds of years before the events of the show during the Targaryen conquest called the Field of Fire. It was the only time all three dragons flew together during the conquest and combined they burned about 5,000 troops in just a couple of hours and was the event that made Torrhen Stark surrender the north to Aegon Targaryen. Since the only thing that kills wights is fire (and dragon glass) and the show has beat us over the head with that fact, I'd put a couple of bucks on us seeing three dragons flying around burning thousands of wights at some point.

They slashed the episode order for seasons 7 and 8 from 10 each to 7 and 6 respectively, and that's so they can budget $20-$25m per episode instead of the $6-$10m they've been doing the past few years. I think the last episode was close to the $20m mark, so we're to expect 13 episodes of that level with more production time allowed for fewer episodes. S'gonna be good.

Interesting. Sounds like they're def gonna go all out then. Probably most epic scene ever!

I am kinda bummed they're cutting seasons 7 and 8 down to under 10, but I guess the series can't go on forever

shit_for_brains

« Reply #709 on: June 21, 2016, 05:24:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Interesting. Sounds like they're def gonna go all out then. Probably most epic scene ever!

I am kinda bummed they're cutting seasons 7 and 8 down to under 10, but I guess the series can't go on forever

I was bummed at first but if it's 7 episodes like this past one, I'm okay with ditching a lot of Cersei sitting around talking. It's more money for battles and dragons.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #710 on: June 21, 2016, 05:37:20 PM »
HBO has a nasty habit of stretching out shows if they are hot, plot be damned. If they are writing their way towards a satisfying, well thought out conclusion it can only be a good thing.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #711 on: June 21, 2016, 08:25:53 PM »
SPOILER:

How much of season 7 do you guys think they're going to focus on Dany and Yara scissoring each other? I know GRRM spent a whole book on it but I do hope they condense it for the show.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #712 on: June 21, 2016, 08:43:45 PM »
SPOILER:

How much of season 7 do you guys think they're going to focus on Dany and Yara scissoring each other? I know GRRM spent a whole book on it but I do hope they condense it for the show.

Sneak peek of season 7

Also oh shit I was totally right assholes. From an interview with the actor who plays Jaqen H'Gar

In my opinion, it was clear from the beginning. I mean, that’s the reason he trained her. He didn’t train her to become a Faceless Man and stay in the House of Black and White in Braavos forever. I think that Faceless Men, they certainly have an interest [in] what’s going on in Westeros, otherwise why would he [have] just shown up out of the blue, in Season 2 and picked Arya and offered her to train her? So there must be some sort of interest and I think, yeah, what’s the point of training her if she can’t put that training to use?[?Quote]

Interview here http://winteriscoming.net/2016/06/21/tom-wlaschiha-on-why-jaqen-hghar-let-arya-leave-braavos/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 08:55:38 PM by shit_for_brains »

JohnStarlight

• Rep: 0
« Reply #713 on: June 22, 2016, 01:30:26 AM »
the last episode was just EPIC!poor giant by the way, i really wanted him to stay alive, but its GOT, and if you want somebody alive he either get fucked or dead lol

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #714 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32:20 AM »
Expand Quote
SPOILER:

[close]

Sneak peek of season 7

Also oh shit I was totally right assholes. From an interview with the actor who plays Jaqen H'Gar

Expand Quote
In my opinion, it was clear from the beginning. I mean, that�s the reason he trained her. He didn�t train her to become a Faceless Man and stay in the House of Black and White in Braavos forever. I think that Faceless Men, they certainly have an interest [in] what�s going on in Westeros, otherwise why would he [have] just shown up out of the blue, in Season 2 and picked Arya and offered her to train her? So there must be some sort of interest and I think, yeah, what�s the point of training her if she can�t put that training to use?[?Quote]

Interview here http://winteriscoming.net/2016/06/21/tom-wlaschiha-on-why-jaqen-hghar-let-arya-leave-braavos/

[close]

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

That makes no sense at all still for me . Plus its just the actor who says its , not GRRRRRR Martin or the producers of the show

The faceless men predicted all the starks future and who would live or die , and tracked down Arya through all that chaos ? cause they know that Snow would quit the watch and sansa would live and escape and Arya had to meet up with them again ?

Or is it just shitty writing ? kind of like Arya getting stabbed 50 times , drinking soup and be ok again ?

Like I said before , the house of black and white in the tv show is nothing like the books

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #715 on: June 22, 2016, 06:31:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
SPOILER:

[close]

Sneak peek of season 7

Expand Quote
In my opinion, it was clear from the beginning. I mean, that's the reason he trained her. He didn't train her to become a Faceless Man and stay in the House of Black and White in Braavos forever. I think that Faceless Men, they certainly have an interest [in] what's going on in Westeros, otherwise why would he [have] just shown up out of the blue, in Season 2 and picked Arya and offered her to train her? So there must be some sort of interest and I think, yeah, what's the point of training her if she can't put that training to use?
[close]

[close]

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

That makes no sense at all still for me . Plus its just the actor who says its , not GRRRRRR Martin or the producers of the show

The faceless men predicted all the starks future and who would live or die , and tracked down Arya through all that chaos ? cause they know that Snow would quit the watch and sansa would live and escape and Arya had to meet up with them again ?

Or is it just shitty writing ? kind of like Arya getting stabbed 50 times , drinking soup and be ok again ?

Like I said before , the house of black and white in the tv show is nothing like the books

Shit_for_brains, I was just coming to post that. I'd be really happy about that, gives hope to that storyline.

Monty, you're right--it's only an actor stating that he could be wrong. However, actors have been known to sort of let things slip while the producers are tight-lipped sons of bitches. GRRM falls in between that.

Arya being stabbed and surviving was poor writing, but the Faceless Men training Arya as a means to an end makes sense, especially if it's for an as-yet unheard prophecy on the show. We've already had two prophecies mentioned on the show: The Prince that Was Promised and Cersei's dead children from Maggie the Frog. It's all quite possible that Arya's journey will be revealed to be a prophecy as well, Melisandre already hinted as much in season three.

Read the whole interview with Tom Wlaschiha here, might make more sense.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #716 on: June 22, 2016, 06:49:38 AM »
Monty I think you aren't looking at the forest for the trees.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #717 on: June 22, 2016, 07:13:06 AM »
Monty I think you aren't looking at the forest for the trees.

I think Im liking book Arya better and think they are just rolling the dice with the TV arya .

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #718 on: June 22, 2016, 08:01:50 AM »
Did they ever give a reason for Jaqen being in Westeros in the the first place?

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #719 on: June 22, 2016, 09:03:43 AM »
i'm a little bit late, but here goes. the battle was epic, very realistic with all the death and so on. but still, jon survived incredible odds and then even risked his head against a bunch of arrows. I'm 100% sure that GRRM will write this differently (if the battle even happens in the books), I'm just curious how

also the knights of the vale entry was timed perfectly, which also reeks (hehe) of holywood. not a whole lot of tragedy in this ep. - rickon was made expendable in the show