Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126653 times)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #780 on: March 18, 2017, 11:33:58 AM »
Aryas bullshit training was rushed. Everything going on with dany was rushed. All the greyjoy crap was half assed and rushed. Opting to deal with the river lands and the blackfishes rebellion was just a way to rush that shit out of the way. The only focused points in the season were Jon and Cersei. This season lacked character build up and more detailed plots.
"

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #781 on: March 20, 2017, 07:41:01 AM »
1. Thank god they didn't do the Meereen stuff like they did in the book. George wrote himself into a corner and the pointless stuff of what happened in Dany's absence was boring filler.

2. They don't have time to do the Iron Island stuff as it was in the books. The Victarion stuff is great but they had to move it along. Though, I don't get why Asha Yara is a lesbian.

3. "The Door" was possibly the best episode they have done so far.

4. Rushing through the "Winter." I think D&D want a break but I don't think that they don't care. The actors are getting older and the opportunities for them will never be hotter. You can't take a 2 season backstory break and expect them or the audience to wait.  I doubt that we will even seen TWOW this year. I doubt we'll see ADOS ever.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #782 on: June 07, 2017, 01:33:27 PM »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #783 on: June 07, 2017, 02:03:10 PM »
We will finally feast our hungry little eyes on the Great War
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #784 on: June 07, 2017, 03:29:50 PM »
This is pretty unrelated to actual Game of Thrones but since the new season hasn't started yet just deal with this post.

Anyway, I just got done watching that hbo movie 7 days in Hell and I hope after Game of Thrones is done for good that Kit Harington does more comedy shit. Movie is so stupid but hilarious at the same time

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #785 on: July 09, 2017, 10:02:38 PM »
So, in anticipation to the coming season I'm trying to re-watch the previous six. I'm halfway through season two now, and can't help but wonder: How the fuck did Danaerys grow up on Essos and not learn absolutely fuck all about the culture of any of the areas of the continent? I don't know why I never thought of this.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #786 on: July 10, 2017, 06:50:55 AM »
So, in anticipation to the coming season I'm trying to re-watch the previous six. I'm halfway through season two now, and can't help but wonder: How the fuck did Danaerys grow up on Essos and not learn absolutely fuck all about the culture of any of the areas of the continent? I don't know why I never thought of this.

I'm pretty sure she did learn quite a bit, but Essos is roughly the combined size of Europe + Asia; there's plenty to learn and more one could never pick up. She's also been on the run her whole life with her incestuous & insane older brother calling all the shots. Though stubborn, she's a fast learner i.e. Dothraki.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #787 on: July 10, 2017, 06:53:17 AM »
No one in Essos valued Danaerys at all. She wasn't considered a valid heir. Viserys was who the Targaryen loyalists supported and they saw Dany as a bargaining chip. The extent of anyone's plans for her were to sell her to the Dothraki so there wasn't much of a need to prepare her to rule.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #788 on: July 10, 2017, 08:01:58 AM »
No one in Essos valued Danaerys at all. She wasn't considered a valid heir. Viserys was who the Targaryen loyalists supported and they saw Dany as a bargaining chip. The extent of anyone's plans for her were to sell her to the Dothraki so there wasn't much of a need to prepare her to rule.

This. And even more so in the books with the Young Griff story that the show is rightfully ignoring.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #789 on: July 10, 2017, 10:48:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm pretty sure she did learn quite a bit, but Essos is roughly the combined size of Europe + Asia; there's plenty to learn and more one could never pick up. She's also been on the run her whole life with her incestuous & insane older brother calling all the shots. Though stubborn, she's a fast learner i.e. Dothraki.
I'm just saying, to your points, as much as she moved around, and how fast she learns, you would have thought she wouldn't be completely ignorant to a lot of the things she encounters. It's not even close to being a deal breaker for me. It just made me think when I first realized it.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #790 on: July 10, 2017, 11:07:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I'm just saying, to your points, as much as she moved around, and how fast she learns, you would have thought she wouldn't be completely ignorant to a lot of the things she encounters. It's not even close to being a deal breaker for me. It just made me think when I first realized it.

She wasn't free to do anything, though. She was Viserys' prisoner. She wasn't allowed to leave Illyrio's estate or any of that. She had her handmaidens to tend to her and that was that. She just had a really nice jail cell to sit and wait in until Viserys could cash her in. She was royal in blood and title and nothing else. In the books he locked her up and raped the shit out of her.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #791 on: July 10, 2017, 11:33:46 AM »
Nope. I'm not buying it. I think she was just a lazy bitch until Khal Drogo tongue punched her gnar button.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #792 on: July 10, 2017, 06:03:07 PM »
Khal Drogo didn't even know you could have sex any other way than doggystyle. There's no way that dude eats ass. I was skeptical about your plothole claim but your other hole claim is the nail in the coffin for me.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #793 on: July 10, 2017, 09:06:36 PM »
Look at this casual

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #794 on: July 10, 2017, 09:58:27 PM »
Are you calling me a casual fan?

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #795 on: July 11, 2017, 07:34:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

She wasn't free to do anything, though. She was Viserys' prisoner. She wasn't allowed to leave Illyrio's estate or any of that. She had her handmaidens to tend to her and that was that. She just had a really nice jail cell to sit and wait in until Viserys could cash her in. She was royal in blood and title and nothing else. In the books he locked her up and raped the shit out of her.

Who raped the shit out of her? Arguably Khal Drogo, but in the books (hereafter known as ITB) Viserys tried to take her maidenhead on her wedding night, but Illyrio had posted guards for just such an occasion. He did get gropey with her more than once tho.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #796 on: July 11, 2017, 08:05:17 AM »
anyway there are spoilers on reddit for the first two episodes and they seem legit, have fun resisting trying to find them

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #797 on: July 11, 2017, 10:42:25 AM »
anyway there are spoilers on reddit for the first two episodes and they seem legit, have fun resisting trying to find them

Already read the general spoilers for the whole season, 9/10 out of which were already confirmed. If GRRM would finish the book, I would have a stronger resolve.

Khal Drogo didn't even know you could have sex any other way than doggystyle. There's no way that dude eats ass. I was skeptical about your plothole claim but your other hole claim is the nail in the coffin for me.

I only disagree with this cause Khal Moro's bloodriders bragged about taking Dany in the ass last season before presenting her to him. They may only know doggy, but they know all the ways of the doggy.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #798 on: July 11, 2017, 05:57:39 PM »
I do have a feeling like some dudes on here are looking at Dany's story as being a sequel to "Room".

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 885
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #799 on: July 17, 2017, 01:32:58 PM »
I guess it makes sense that Bam would be a Greyjoy, "what is dead may never die." They even let him choose his own wardrobe!

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #800 on: July 17, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »
I guess it makes sense that Bam would be a Greyjoy, "what is dead may never die." They even let him choose his own wardrobe!

First Ed Sheeran now Bam Margera...what will he do next?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #801 on: July 18, 2017, 12:54:01 AM »
I guess Ville Valo will be revealed as some kind of deity and the soundtrack will take a somber turn

shit_for_brains

« Reply #802 on: July 18, 2017, 02:59:33 PM »
For anyone keeping track, the living have zero giants and the WW have at least three.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #803 on: July 18, 2017, 07:41:14 PM »
I read somewhere that one of those giants was supposed to be Wun Wun but that would make no sense because he died south of wall and the undead haven't breached it yet.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #804 on: July 18, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »
For anyone keeping track, the living have zero giants and the WW have at least three.

Hectic for sure but that ratio is flipped on dragon status.

Mathematically speaking, something terrible and unforgivable will happen the penultimate episode of this season, and will define said season. Hear me out:

Penultimate episodes in odd-numbered seasons:

1-Ned beheaded
3-Red Wedding
5-Stannis burns Shireen alive

Even-numbered seasons, on the other hand, usually feature good endings to a bitchin' battle:

2-Stannis defeated at King's Landing
4-Night's Watch defends the Wall
6-Jon Snow retakes Winterfell

This fares well for a good ending to the show overall, with next season being the last, but we're in for some shit this season.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #805 on: July 19, 2017, 05:23:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mathematically speaking, something terrible and unforgivable will happen the penultimate episode of this season, and will define said season. Hear me out:

1-Ned beheaded
3-Red Wedding

Even-numbered seasons, on the other hand, usually feature good endings to a bitchin' battle:

This fares well for a good ending to the show overall, with next season being the last, but we're in for some shit this season.

I'm calling a dragon dies and the Night's King reanimates it

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #806 on: July 19, 2017, 05:34:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

1-Ned beheaded
3-Red Wedding

[close]

I'm calling a dragon dies and the Night's King reanimates it

Don't read below if you don't want to be spoiled. For real, scroll past.

This is one of the last few unconfirmed spoilers from the leak last year. Everything else was pretty much confirmed, so this is most likely happening.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #807 on: July 19, 2017, 05:45:13 AM »
In the light of the whole season being "spoiled" basically, the last season seems to be heading to a single problem of supplying the human army with enough dragonglass from dragonstone and then having a 1-1 with the night walkers. Seems like the complexity of the show will be distilled into a single all or nothing battle in the future? If the ending is happy (it would be weird if it were not), what happens to the surviving families? do they celebrate independence day and everyone becomes BFFs?

I mean, I kinda wish that the spoilers for the season 7 finale are not real, since the power struggle between the families will take a backseat to those CGI zombies. Or maybe Cersei will hide enough wildfire through the whole continent and just blow it all up or maybe everyone will be like just fuck it, lets cross the sea and fahgettaboudit

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #808 on: July 19, 2017, 10:35:15 AM »
Jamie will kill Cersei.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #809 on: July 19, 2017, 10:47:03 AM »
Jamie will kill Cersei.

I think he will and it will fulfill a certain prophecy