Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126694 times)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #810 on: July 19, 2017, 10:49:46 AM »
Episode was whatever for me. Obviously it's the first episode but I only have two major gripes with the episode. #1 is Arya and the opening. All of a sudden she's some mastered assasin? Give me a fucking break. What does she know magic now? Pretty sure I'm the book you could only become someone of the same size and what not. To me that whole scene was bogus and created just to please fans of the TV show only.

#2 no way in fuck would Dragonstone just be left absolutely fucking vacant. Shit is fucking prime real estate and every stronghold counts.

Also why did they make Euronav character the fucking Jack Sparrow of Westeros. Shit was cringe city.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #811 on: July 19, 2017, 11:55:40 AM »
Episode was whatever for me. Obviously it's the first episode but I only have two major gripes with the episode. #1 is Arya and the opening. All of a sudden she's some mastered assasin? Give me a fucking break. What does she know magic now? Pretty sure I'm the book you could only become someone of the same size and what not. To me that whole scene was bogus and created just to please fans of the TV show only.

#2 no way in fuck would Dragonstone just be left absolutely fucking vacant. Shit is fucking prime real estate and every stronghold counts.

Also why did they make Euronav character the fucking Jack Sparrow of Westeros. Shit was cringe city.

The Lannisters just don't have that big of an army anymore. The Tyrell forces were the only reason they were really able to repel Stannis' attack on King's Landing to the effect that they did, and Cersei kind of soured that relationship. The Seven Kingdoms are probably more fractured now than they were when Aegon started his Conquest and he had MUCH less going for him than Dany currently does. She's sitting at the mouth of the Blackwater with 100k+ troops and three dragons. Cersei has 40k spread all over Westeros and after years and years of war, they're mostly malnourished teenaged farmers' sons. The scene with Ed Sheeran is a good example of who is currently fighting for the Lannister Army. To properly defend against Dany's invasion they would have had to have listened to Robert Baratheon, and he's been dead awhile.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #812 on: July 19, 2017, 01:13:59 PM »

Really? You're telling me you didn't get a single ounce of enjoyment out of watching her poison that room full of dick faces?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #813 on: July 19, 2017, 05:05:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Really? You're telling me you didn't get a single ounce of enjoyment out of watching her poison that room full of dick faces?

No. It's cool the Freys are dead and everything, but the way it happened was super corny. I read these books long before the show and I think that's why I'm hard to please. I like the show but some of the divergent content is stuff I don't like.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #814 on: July 19, 2017, 06:18:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

No. It's cool the Freys are dead and everything, but the way it happened was super corny. I read these books long before the show and I think that's why I'm hard to please. I like the show but some of the divergent content is stuff I don't like.

Fucking waaaaaaah. That shit was awesome.
you never know about pre-cum 

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #815 on: July 19, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I honestly didn't think it was awesome they way they were killed at all. Could of been killed off better. Go fucking wahhhh yourself bitch I'm allowed to have a fucking opinion. My opinion is it was lame as fuck. Scene was basically written and just appeasing to the Arya dick riders that never read the books.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #816 on: July 19, 2017, 09:58:06 PM »
Arya is one of my favorite characters in the books though too. I've read them all too, and who knows if this scene won't appear in Winds? If we ever get it. I feel like at a certain point I have to separate my idea of the books from the show. I still have faith though, that Martin will not follow the same path with the books as the show is taking, to a point. That is assuming that we get another book before that unhealthy bastard dies on us.

And Arya's line to Walder's wife was really satisfying for me too, considering she was just outside while her family was being murdered by those dicks.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:00:41 PM by brycickle »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #817 on: July 19, 2017, 09:59:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

My opinion is lame as fuck.

That's all I gleaned from that. She killed an entire extended family in a matter of seconds. Who cares how it was done, she pulled it off. You want her to fight every Frey one on one? She's a young girl, trained in stealth, get over it.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #818 on: July 19, 2017, 10:12:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

My opinion is lame as fuck.
[close]

That's all I gleaned from that. She killed an entire extended family in a matter of seconds. Who cares how it was done, she pulled it off. You want her to fight every Frey one on one? She's a young girl, trained in stealth, get over it.

She wasn't even fully fucking trained! Where'd she get all that poison? How did she all of a sudden learn how to become absolutely anyone? Shit was whack. Like I said show jumped the gun on a lot of shit. I understand it's a show. Level 60 chode fagadingle just fuck off. You must be an Arya dick rider.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #819 on: July 19, 2017, 10:15:11 PM »
Suspension of disbelief.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #820 on: July 19, 2017, 10:32:15 PM »
100% with Level 60 Dwarf Paladin. That scene was corny as fuck and smacked of pure fan service. How did she pull pretending to be Frey? Can she change size and shape now? And I would like to have seen some build up and preparation for such a massive development in the show, but I can't really fault them for wanting an attention grabber for the cold open. It's always go big or go home with Game of Thrones and that's why we watch.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #821 on: July 20, 2017, 06:38:37 AM »
100% with Stoop Kid. That scene was corny as fuck and smacked of pure fan service. How did she pull pretending to be Frey? Can she change size and shape now? And I would like to have seen some build up and preparation for such a massive development in the show, but I can't really fault them for wanting an attention grabber for the cold open. It's always go big or go home with Game of Thrones and that's why we watch.

Fixed. Also, since you forgot, Arya was scoping out the Freys while she was disguised as the serving girl. Stooped Walder is almost the same size as Arya. She also may have learned how to concoct the poison that killed everyone. I didn't like the scene that much for similar reasons, but that's more a fault of lack of explanation of the magic behind her transformations/skillset than anything else. Assume Arya learned everything offscreen, and it becomes easier to absorb, accept, and hopefully be stoked on.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #822 on: July 20, 2017, 10:16:11 AM »
That scene with Arya will 100% not happen in winds. Arya is still in Bravos and they Freys are slowly getting picked off by Lady stoneheart, the Brothers, and houses that want revenge for the Starks. I feel like that scene was created for them to just get rid of the Freys in a quick way. I said it a page back but I think we're going to get more rushed material.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #823 on: July 20, 2017, 10:20:17 AM »
It was a quick way to prop Arya up as the ultimate secret badass killing machine so she won't seem absolutely useless when everybody meets up in Winterfell

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #824 on: July 20, 2017, 10:40:34 AM »
She did what I believe Lady Stoneheart and Co will do in Winds. RW part deux.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #825 on: July 20, 2017, 10:42:10 AM »
That scene with Arya will 100% not happen in winds. Arya is still in Bravos and they Freys are slowly getting picked off by Lady stoneheart, the Brothers, and houses that want revenge for the Starks. I feel like that scene was created for them to just get rid of the Freys in a quick way. I said it a page back but I think we're going to get more rushed material.

That fucking book is never coming out, accept it.  Rushed material through the show is the only way you're going to get closure.  This is your new reality, the show is canon.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #826 on: July 20, 2017, 12:55:46 PM »
Martin has dropped hints about it coming out in October. Even still, we'll never see a dream of spring.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #827 on: July 20, 2017, 01:14:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That fucking book is never coming out, accept it.  Rushed material through the show is the only way you're going to get closure.  This is your new reality, the show is canon.

I can't wait until the book comes out this fall and content goes well past this HBO season so I can shove spoilers down your fucking throat.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 885
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #828 on: July 20, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »
I heard a theory that george rr martin has finished them but won't release them until they die, might not want to deal with getting shit on which will invariably happen no matter how good the books are.

Stoop for hating hipsters so much you definitely kinda sound like one. You're entitled to your opinion but that's how you sound saying "I read the books before the series came out" and complaining about a TV adaptation of a fantasy series not being realistic.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #829 on: July 20, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can't wait until the book comes out this fall and content goes well past this HBO season so I can shove spoilers down your fucking throat.
Holy shit you're obsessed.  Like this is real life, serious shit for you?  I'll probably read it, if it ever comes out. I read 1 and 2, but took an english class that was based on the first book so that burned me out... but fuck, it's hilarious how you can't accept that the show and the books are now 2 different things. Change your sig to "I hate casual GoT fans." This is you...

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #830 on: July 20, 2017, 03:55:57 PM »
Haha as if that's what Catelyn Stark really looks like! Us bookers know she would be at least 2.5 inches shorter than Michelle Fairley in real life.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #831 on: July 20, 2017, 06:49:23 PM »
Haha as if that's what Catelyn Stark really looks like! Us bookers know she would be at least 2.5 inches shorter than Michelle Fairley in real life.

She was also left handed in the book not right handed. Jeez HBO fucking ruining great literature.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #832 on: July 21, 2017, 07:34:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

She was also left handed in the book not right handed. Jeez HBO fucking ruining great literature.

THEY DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE RENLY'S EYE COLOR MID-STORY. DAN AND DAVE ARE FUCKING TERRIBLE AND HATE THE BOOKS!!!

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #833 on: July 21, 2017, 08:00:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

THEY DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE RENLY'S EYE COLOR MID-STORY. DAN AND DAVE ARE FUCKING TERRIBLE AND HATE THE BOOKS!!!

I did always appreciate that Maisie purposely sword-trained left-handed as Arya's described in the books, though she's right-handed.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #834 on: July 21, 2017, 01:26:09 PM »
What about how Ramsay was supposed to look like Nathan Explosion

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #835 on: July 21, 2017, 10:17:17 PM »
I'm sure you meant to say Napoleon Dynamite. 

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #836 on: July 23, 2017, 03:14:45 PM »
I'm starting to think GRRM is not concerned with finishing the series. It shouldn't take 7 years to write a book. He's already passed two deadlines and he just keeps pumping out other garbage that deals with westeros. At this point the dude should sit down with a bunch of writers who are faster and tell them how all of its supposed to go. Last book came out in 2011. How the fuck is Winds not done yet.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #837 on: July 23, 2017, 03:31:40 PM »
I'm starting to think GRRM is not concerned with finishing the series. It shouldn't take 7 years to write a book. He's already passed two deadlines and he just keeps pumping out other garbage that deals with westeros. At this point the dude should sit down with a bunch of writers who are faster and tell them how all of its supposed to go. Last book came out in 2011. How the fuck is Winds not done yet.
This is your new reality
http://io9.gizmodo.com/grrm-says-the-winds-of-winter-may-arrive-in-2018-or-ear-1797172611

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #838 on: July 25, 2017, 08:47:01 AM »
S7 E2 - Stormborn

Much better than last episode. Bryan Cogman redeems himself after not copy and pasting the Septon Meribald speech last season.

Meh:
- Emilia Clark is hit or miss
- I won't complain about seeing Nathalie Emmanuel in this scene but it had no payoff for me.

Yeah:
- Hot fuggin Pie!
- Nymeria. I sorta doubt that this will be the last of her.
- I'm one of the few Sand Snake defenders. Sad to see them go.
- At least we get a little Tyrion in this ep
- Jon continuing the Stark tradition of ruffing up Baelish. Excellent.
- Euron v. Yara. Exceeded my expectations. It looked pretty boring in the trailers. Euron channelling Victarion. I like that Theon is still broken.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 08:49:09 AM by Robert Baratheon »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #839 on: July 25, 2017, 10:14:07 AM »
Theon peacing the fuck out was so funny to me. I know it was supposed to show how powerful his trauma is and all that, but I saw a guy doing a Rodney Dangerfield "oh boy" collar pull and yoinking on out of there. So goddamn funny.

After Jon's visit they'll rename Dragonstone to Pound Town.

Arya was really rude to Hot Pie and I think she'll have to pay for that when, near the end of season 8, it's revealed that Hot Pie is the Lord of Light.