Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126806 times)

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #840 on: July 25, 2017, 12:12:30 PM »
Somebody snitched. That whole questioning Varys' loyalties, then Euron knows right where to find the fleet? C'mon...
you never know about pre-cum 

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #841 on: July 25, 2017, 01:40:14 PM »
At least we get a little Tyrion in this episode

I'd love to see an episode where this isn't the case (buh dum tss)
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #842 on: July 25, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
Somebody snitched. That whole questioning Varys' loyalties, then Euron knows right where to find the fleet? C'mon...

Euron was most likely tracking Yara, as he know she had aligned with Daenerys from his conversation with Cersei in 701. But yes, Varys plotted with Illyrio behind the Baratheon's/Lannister's backs for 15 years for Viserys to take the throne, stole away the night of Tywin's murder with the suspect on a whim to assist Daenerys' claim, only to turn on her because he really thinks a pyromaniac & pirate-maniac are a suitable combo to protect the realm.

tl;dr

No.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #843 on: July 25, 2017, 03:37:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Euron was most likely tracking Yara, as he know she had aligned with Daenerys from his conversation with Cersei in 701. But yes, Varys plotted with Illyrio behind the Baratheon's/Lannister's backs for 15 years for Viserys to take the throne, stole away the night of Tywin's murder with the suspect on a whim to assist Daenerys' claim, only to turn on her because he really thinks a pyromaniac & pirate-maniac are a suitable combo to protect the realm.

tl;dr

No.

I'm not saying it was Varys, but someone in that room said something.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #844 on: July 25, 2017, 05:14:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

tl;dr

No.
[close]

I'm not saying it was Varys, but someone in that room said something.

Cersei knew in episode 1 that Daenerys was allied with the Tyrells, Martells, Grejoys, and Tyrion. Jaime pointed out that they would land at Dragonstone. They then had a discussion with Euron, who is now or was already privy to this knowledge. The path from King's Landing to Dragonstone is an easy one. If they're not there, the easiest guess to take is that they headed south towards any of the rebelling strongholds. All one has to do is head south to find Yara's huge fleet. No one needed to snitch in order for this information to get out. But if you're questioning motives, let's break it down:

Illaria - Has been seeking revenge for Oberyn's murder and his family's murder for years from the Lannisters; has nothing to gain by allying with the Lannisters or Euron.

Olenna - Her entire family was murdered by Cersei.

Tyrion - LOL

Yara - Her uncle usurped the crown from her.

Greyworm - Daenerys freed him and he is one of the only characters who has a steadfast moral compass. He's never wavered in that.

Missendei - ^

Theon - Obviously no.

Varys - Though a tricky guy to pin down, I truly believe after 7 seasons that he wants the best for the realm as he's constantly stated. That is so very clearly not Euron & Cersei.

Let's extend this to Melisandre, just cause she's there creepin' - She is so woefully unconcerned by Cersei & Euron, other than she doesn't want them to interfere with the war to the north. Her snitching to Cersei does not help her cause.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:10:28 AM by saucy ragu »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #845 on: July 31, 2017, 12:43:02 AM »
I know Bran's been out north of the wall, kind of isolated, but what a fucking weirdo.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #846 on: July 31, 2017, 05:07:07 AM »
I know Bran's been out north of the wall, kind of isolated, but what a fucking weirdo.

I had been thinking he had started to look like a member of a Libertines-esque band but now I see he's way more high-feedback shoegaze like MBV or JAMC.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #847 on: July 31, 2017, 05:22:01 AM »
I loved how quickly Sansa got to "well... good to see you Bran..."

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 22
« Reply #848 on: August 02, 2017, 10:40:30 AM »
That scene with Cersei in the dungeon with Illaria and her daughter stands out to me as one of the greatest scenes in the show. Its the only scene in the entire series where I was like "get it Cersei this bitch deserves it." And the despair and fear on the faces of the Martels is in my opinion some of the best facial expressions captured. I cant get that shit out of my head it was so fucking intense.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #849 on: August 02, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »
Tyrion had a great facial expression shot in the scene with Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons and Jon Snow, King of the North

shit_for_brains

« Reply #850 on: August 02, 2017, 10:57:13 AM »

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #851 on: August 02, 2017, 11:55:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had been thinking he had started to look like a member of a Libertines-esque band but now I see he's way more high-feedback shoegaze like MBV or JAMC.
hahahaha

i think he's just been so changed by the whole seeing everything in the world at once as well as the past and future combined, that it's probly hard to relate to normal time-line people, I think he just wanted to show how sorry he was about how things went down with Sansa, but it came out super awkward cuz he's a bit distanced from a normal perspective

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 22
« Reply #852 on: August 02, 2017, 12:50:45 PM »
Im also bummed that the hottest of the 3 Martel sisters lived, but chances of seeing her naked again are slim.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 885
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #853 on: August 02, 2017, 06:32:54 PM »

He sounded just like the dudes I see at jamband hippy shows who have been selling shit on lot to pay for tour

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #854 on: August 04, 2017, 03:21:15 PM »
Anyone on here have a working link to the leaked episode?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #855 on: August 04, 2017, 04:45:18 PM »

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #856 on: August 04, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »
Yo, please don't spoil the episode until after it airs Sunday if anyone watches the leak. I'm sticking to the Sunday night ritual.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #857 on: August 04, 2017, 08:49:39 PM »
Wait, this is a leak for this coming Sunday? Definitely don't put fucking spoilers in this thread then. I'm waiting too.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #858 on: August 05, 2017, 12:16:01 AM »
Don't know how I feel about them making Lady Stoneheart a robot but okay..

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #859 on: August 05, 2017, 06:14:22 AM »

Shit, couldn't resist and just had it for breakfast. It is good, really good.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #860 on: August 05, 2017, 07:03:27 AM »
Just left the link there in case anyone wanted to watch it. Purposely didn't post anything about it for those waiting until Sunday.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #861 on: August 05, 2017, 08:45:45 AM »

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #862 on: August 05, 2017, 05:18:12 PM »
Holy fuck. It's really good. I hope that's not a spoiler.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #863 on: August 06, 2017, 01:19:44 AM »
Holy fuck that was awesome will be watching again since the qaulity wasn't so good

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #864 on: August 06, 2017, 06:02:38 AM »
Sansa is fucking gorgeous and the episode was indeed amazing, hyped for you guys watching it tonight in full def

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #865 on: August 06, 2017, 07:24:49 PM »
Pretty much everything about that episode was amazing.

Brienne: "Who taught you that?"

Arya: "No one..."

As much as people sort of hated on the Braavos storyline, at least it provided us with that little bit of snarky gold.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #866 on: August 06, 2017, 11:22:30 PM »
So glad I waited.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #867 on: August 07, 2017, 12:21:27 AM »
Wow 10x better in hd I watched the behind the scenes and it really is mind blowing how much work goes into making these battle scenes
Season 8 could not be here until 2019 and it makes sense with all the insane battles we will be having next season this shit takes a lot of time and a lot of people getting set on fire
Also bronn laughing at dickons name was hilarious

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #868 on: August 07, 2017, 06:17:31 AM »
It's pretty fun not knowing what's to come.

Hawt take: GOT battle scenes are better than any (historical/fantasy) scenes in TV or Movies. Including LOTR.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #869 on: August 07, 2017, 07:00:16 AM »
Thanks everyone who saw the leaks for not spoiling. Overall, loved the episode.

That cave drawing stuff was so god damn corny though. Even knowing the book lore and assuming Jon & Daenerys' preexisting knowledge of the myths, it didn't come off as great storytelling. I think that mostly fell to the variance in the cave drawings--etched in spirals and symbols, to colored chalk that lasts thousands of years? hmm..

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:19:09 AM by saucy ragu »