Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126718 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #870 on: August 07, 2017, 07:07:10 AM »
Yeah the cave drawing stuff was corny but they need to get other principle characters on the WW train and fast, and they need to put some fairytale romance into the Jon and Dany storyline so their impending engagement doesn't seem forced.

Bran: "Chaos is a ladder."
Littlefinger:

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #871 on: August 07, 2017, 07:28:39 AM »
Quote from: Bumpovertrash  link=topic=54029.msg2670749#msg2670749 date=1502090487
Wow 10x better in hd I watched the behind the scenes and it really is mind blowing how much work goes into making these battle scenes
Season 8 could not be here until 2019 and it makes sense with all the insane battles we will be having next season this shit takes a lot of time and a lot of people getting set on fire
Also bronn laughing at dickons name was hilarious
Don't forget that the final season is basically going to be six movies.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #872 on: August 07, 2017, 08:21:40 AM »
Fucking cave drawing shit was lame. Also Aryas storyline is way too much. She barely trained with syrio. She had basic half ass training with Jaqen. Now all of a sudden you expect us to believe she's a match for Brienne with that piece of shit needle? Especially brienne has been training her whole fucking life? GTFO. Her story arc show wise is nothing more than the show writers feeding the TV fan base Arya hype. Who do you guys think saved Jamie? I think it was Dickon.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #873 on: August 07, 2017, 08:49:41 AM »
Fucking cave drawing shit was lame. Also Aryas storyline is way too much. She barely trained with syrio. She had basic half ass training with Jaqen. Now all of a sudden you expect us to believe she's a match for Brienne with that piece of shit needle? Especially brienne has been training her whole fucking life? GTFO. Her story arc show wise is nothing more than the show writers feeding the TV fan base Arya hype. Who do you guys think saved Jamie? I think it was Dickon.
SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY YOU GIANT FUCKING BABY.

That dragon wasn't realistic enough either?
you never know about pre-cum 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #874 on: August 07, 2017, 08:55:46 AM »
Arya's a skilled elite assassin now whether you approve of her training or not.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #875 on: August 07, 2017, 08:59:42 AM »

It was Bronn. You may have forgotten, but Arya also trained all of her life between Winterfell (her marksmanship in the pilot episode shows this) and beyond. She practiced her water dance all through the Riverlands while she was with the Hound. She then continued training with staff (and more) under the Waif/No One for the better part of two seasons. Brienne used a blunted sword against Arya's castle-forged steel; the duel was like David & Goliath, or Oberyn & the Mountain. It was plenty believable for a show full of fantasy, the dichotomy of Brienne's size & slower movements to Arya's quicker slices with a smaller stature.

There's much we didn't see onscreen, like how the Dothraki made it from Dragonstone to Highgarden in the span of a few days without the bulk of the Greyjoy fleet [EDIT: Tyrion actually said they had enough ships to transport them, upon re-watch]. But alas, keep hate-watching Arya.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:58:23 AM by saucy ragu »
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #876 on: August 07, 2017, 10:16:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY YOU GIANT FUCKING BABY.

That dragon wasn't realistic enough either?

I'm going to fucking beat you in a game of skate one day.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #877 on: August 07, 2017, 11:10:45 AM »
Did anyone gets chills when Drogon flew over the hill and the Dothraki??
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

shit_for_brains

« Reply #878 on: August 07, 2017, 11:13:49 AM »
Did anyone gets chills when Drogon flew over the hill and the Dothraki??

I was shouting the entire time. I scared the dogs with the sound I let out when Bronn let the first shot off at Drogon with the Scorpion.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #879 on: August 07, 2017, 11:16:56 AM »
Episode was visually pleasing but I'm still a book guy. It's a curse.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #880 on: August 07, 2017, 11:22:47 AM »
Why do dragons sound like biplanes banking from 2001's Pearl Harbor every time they dracarys ???

shit_for_brains

« Reply #881 on: August 07, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »
Why do dragons sound like biplanes banking from 2001's Pearl Harbor every time they dracarys ???

They originally designed those planes to make dragon sounds.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #882 on: August 07, 2017, 01:35:48 PM »

Right now, I just want a dragon to die so the night king can raise it ala white walker dragon

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #883 on: August 07, 2017, 01:49:42 PM »
With only 7 episodes this season and the trend of episode 9 being either a tragic death or epic battle, we can assume episode 6 will involve a very tragic main character death.

any guesses? Drogon?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #884 on: August 07, 2017, 01:58:06 PM »
With only 7 episodes this season and the trend of episode 9 being either a tragic death or epic battle, we can assume episode 6 will involve a very tragic main character death.

any guesses? Drogon?

I'm worried for Brienne--she's fulfilled her duty to bring the Stark girls home. Although I have a hope that everyone with a Valyrian steel sword will be the front line against the White Walkers, I'm not sure she'll make it. Speaking of Valyrian steel, I wish Brienne or someone else in Winterfell knew that her sword was once Ice, Ned Stark's sword.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #885 on: August 07, 2017, 02:59:36 PM »
Arya's a skilled elite assassin now whether you approve of her training or not.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #886 on: August 07, 2017, 04:05:07 PM »

any guesses? Drogon?

Bran casually discarding his Valyrian steel knife felt like a fatal mistake since he's the primary gatekeeper to the Night King. I've been expecting The Wall to crumble this season or next.

But I know better than to make predictions. I just want Podrick to fuck Sansa.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #887 on: August 07, 2017, 05:01:19 PM »
So Arya replying to Brienne's question of who taught her, "No one," isn't corny, but the cave paintings tying together symbology laid out from the beginning of the series while simultaneously convincing a principle character of the existence of the primary threat of the series, is very corny. Got it.

I don't really care. I actually agree the cave painting thing was lame, but it was also intensely helpful for the advancement of the plot. I don't really care to watch Jon being unnecessarily cryptic about the things he's seen to people he needs to convince to be his allies any more. I just felt like the whole Arya vs. Brienne/two badass female warriors meet/David vs. Goliath thing, and Arya saying "no one" taught her was the epitome of corny. Like the definition of. But it was fan service and I appreciate that.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #888 on: August 07, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »
Do you guys think there are going to be any repercussions for Arya using the magic face stealing shit for her own purposes? Is the Many-Faced God going to get his?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #889 on: August 08, 2017, 03:29:48 AM »
No, I think they're done with that.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #890 on: August 08, 2017, 11:27:05 AM »
Expand Quote

any guesses? Drogon?
[close]

Bran casually discarding his Valyrian steel knife felt like a fatal mistake since he's the primary gatekeeper to the Night King. I've been expecting The Wall to crumble this season or next.

Arya receiving that dagger got me so hyped. She's going to do proper damage with that thing for sure.  Question: Did little finger know that it would end up in her hands? ..Seems like he planned that shit.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #891 on: August 08, 2017, 11:44:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

any guesses? Drogon?
[close]

[close]

Arya receiving that dagger got me so hyped. She's going to do proper damage with that thing for sure.  Question: Did little finger know that it would end up in her hands? ..Seems like he planned that shit.

Littlefinger has that problem where he thinks he's so on top of his shit he doesn't notice when someone REALLY on top of their shit sneaks in under him. He gave Bran that dagger trying to butter up the new Lord of Winterfell and show that he has ALWAYS been a big Stark guy love the Starks want to fuck every generation of Stark. He didn't know Bran was an autistic Dr. Manhattan who knows all of his private conversations, that's why Littlefinger made that face like he was shitting his pants when Bran quoted him. Because he was shitting his pants.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #892 on: August 08, 2017, 12:02:31 PM »
Arya is going to reopen the scar Uncle Brandon gave him.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #893 on: August 08, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »

I like this.

Also wanna chime in on Davos carrying on the grammar nazi torch with "Fewer".

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #894 on: August 08, 2017, 02:30:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

any guesses? Drogon?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Littlefinger has that problem where he thinks he's so on top of his shit he doesn't notice when someone REALLY on top of their shit sneaks in under him. He gave Bran that dagger trying to butter up the new Lord of Winterfell and show that he has ALWAYS been a big Stark guy love the Starks want to fuck every generation of Stark. He didn't know Bran was an autistic Dr. Manhattan who knows all of his private conversations, that's why Littlefinger made that face like he was shitting his pants when Bran quoted him. Because he was shitting his pants.

makes sense.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #895 on: August 09, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »
So I've been really enjoying the current (and previous) seasons but I feel almost guilty about it because I feel like GRRM would have made us suffer more. Everything's turning up Milhouse these days.

Also, while there are still plenty of great exchanges it seems like there are more bits of super straightforward utilitarian dialogue that stick out.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #896 on: August 09, 2017, 10:34:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I like this.

Also wanna chime in on Davos carrying on the grammar nazi torch with "Fewer".

Dude can barely read but dropped a "whom" on us.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #897 on: August 11, 2017, 07:56:12 PM »
Remember how big Hodor's dick was?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #898 on: August 11, 2017, 08:11:59 PM »
Remember how big Hodor's dick was?