Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126836 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1050 on: April 29, 2019, 04:00:47 AM »
If they don't die on screen they don't die. Ghost is fine. Drogon showed up after Jorah died and wrapped himself around Dany so he's fine too. You can see Rhaegal in the promo for next week.

So with Arya being The One what is the purpose of Jon Snow? Why all the prophetic shit if he didn't do it?

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #1051 on: April 29, 2019, 05:10:03 AM »
If they don't die on screen they don't die. Ghost is fine. Drogon showed up after Jorah died and wrapped himself around Dany so he's fine too. You can see Rhaegal in the promo for next week.

So with Arya being The One what is the purpose of Jon Snow? Why all the prophetic shit if he didn't do it?

He goes full-knight for numbers. We’re all left feeling sort of happy for him but also sad because he deserves better. In hindsight we all agree that the Starks should have fully put him on from the beginning but lets face it: They have a bad track record as far as decision making goes.

If Ghost isn’t dead I look forward to the 7 seconds of screen time he has left. Hopefully he’ll murder someone poetically after the Stark kids say a speech about how the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. It’d be great to see Cersei die that way after she condemned Lady (and Lemuria) to death for biting Joffrey.

Im really about Ghost dying because
1)No screentime/cut from cgi budget
2) Teeth/Claws are not on fire, dragon glass, or valerian steel.
3) Was not shown in slowmo trying to fend off white walkers.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #1052 on: April 29, 2019, 12:44:20 PM »
Damn I enjoyed that. Most of the points have been covered , looking forward to Bran's explaination. Arya is bad ass, ending was great, liked how she saved the hound with that arrow also..
Still gutted the Book(s?) were not out first.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1053 on: April 29, 2019, 01:45:40 PM »
I was thinking that Strobeck filmed a lot of this given the slow mo...

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1054 on: April 29, 2019, 05:14:35 PM »
RIP Theon, you did good. You as well, Jorah.

What were the Night Kings true motivations?
Why was he so obsessed over Bran
Whats up with the spiral symbolism shit?

First two questions: Did you not watch episode 2? The Night King's motivation was to destroy mankind and all memory of them (Bran is the memory of mankind).

Third question: "As we saw with Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven, the spiral pattern was sacred to the Children of the Forest, who created the Night King by sacrificing a captured man in a spiral “henge of stones.” The Night King then adopted the symbol as a sort of blasphemy, like Satan with the upside-down cross."

https://nypost.com/2019/04/18/game-of-thrones-writer-dishes-on-shows-most-hyped-reveal/

Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1055 on: April 29, 2019, 06:55:16 PM »
I couldn't see shit. How did Arya just walk past a bunch of wights and jump the Night King? Sending in those Dothraki  was fucking stupid strategy. You don't send troops into a meat grinder that can then immediately turn them into enemies. Should have been all traps and dragonglass arrows, but I see how that could be boring. I don't know if they're saving this for a later episode, but it looked they we blue balling us on finding out if Jon can be burned. At least that's what I got from the whole zombie dragon/Jon face off.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1056 on: April 29, 2019, 07:01:32 PM »
I couldn't see shit. How did Arya just walk past a bunch of wights and jump the Night King? Sending in those Dothraki  was fucking stupid strategy. You don't send troops into a meat grinder that can then immediately turn them into enemies. Should have been all traps and dragonglass arrows, but I see how that could be boring. I don't know if they're saving this for a later episode, but it looked they we blue balling us on finding out if Jon can be burned. At least that's what I got from the whole zombie dragon/Jon face off.

When the first wight wakes up at castle black, Jon kills it by throwing a lantern at it and burning it. He burns his hand by doing so, and has to get it wrapped up. Idk if that's a loophole or canon.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1057 on: April 29, 2019, 07:24:59 PM »

They gave us a whole scene of Aria evading ghouls. I think it was implied that yup she's still good at stealth. I laughed when watching thinking oh it's the stealth section and then she throws the book for a misdirect and it was too good.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1058 on: April 29, 2019, 08:17:49 PM »
Surprised how many people liked this episode, i Thought it was all style and no substance, and really put an underwhelming end to a story arch that took up a 1/4th of the Series' runtime.

I enjoyed the episode, but for the arc of the series was disappointed by this outcome. The show has done an amazing job of working against fantasy stereotypes by making any hero of prophecy earn their merit or die in the process, by killing main characters and destroying notions of happy outcomes, etc. For the continued talk throughout the series that "this war of five kings means nothing" and whatnot, to destroy this enemy in one episode with most main characters and two dragons left alive for three more episodes feels like a phoned-in happy ending.

I also don't think we're ever going to get some sort of explanation as to who/what the lord of light is now that Melisandre is gone with three episodes left. If there's anything I hate about Lord of the Rings, it's that Gandalf comes along to perform some unexplained magic to save the day whenever there's trouble, which this show has done a good job of not falling into, or building up an explanation for where this evil magic comes from. Now this evil god who castrated Varys, assassinated Renly with a baby man ghost, and called for the sacrifice of the Baratheon girl comes along and helps the humans in battle for funsies.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #1059 on: April 29, 2019, 09:51:35 PM »
You can bet your ass that this battle will be a lot more bitter in the books. There was plot armor everywhere. The worst moment for me was when Grey Worm had close the bridge on his soldiers.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1060 on: April 30, 2019, 10:18:07 AM »
Bran's pointless warging was a bit like "OK guy, I'm gonna head out and go watch TV for a bit. See you later!"

I thought the death toll of people I gave a shit about was going to be higher - maybe half of the secondary characters who featured in the previous episode. Basically it was just Jorah.

I think in the last 3 episodes Cersei will go down and Jon will gain the throne only to divide Westeros into separate kingdoms.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #1061 on: April 30, 2019, 10:32:22 AM »
And how was Wildfire/fire in general not a more utilized tactic?
I know it's a fictional novel but I can't relax on this

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1062 on: April 30, 2019, 03:52:27 PM »

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #1063 on: April 30, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »
this show has 100% gone down the shitter, i still watch it though

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #1064 on: April 30, 2019, 11:00:17 PM »
They say in "Game Revealed" for ep. 4 that then knew Arya is going to deliver the blow for 3 years now - as in GRRM did not tell them that, but they thought of it themselves. Leaves a lot of hope for a more realistic and more cruel story in the books.

Cinematically the show is really incredible, but the plot armor is being used heavily now.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1065 on: May 01, 2019, 07:34:39 AM »
in the promo for next week

im out of line here cuz i haven’t watched this series yet but promos are lame and unnecessary if the show is already good
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1066 on: May 01, 2019, 07:44:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

im out of line here cuz i haven’t watched this series yet but promos are lame and unnecessary if the show is already good

I know you're doing a bit but I just added you to the list givecigstosurfgroms is on

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1067 on: May 01, 2019, 05:42:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I know you're doing a bit but I just added you to the list givecigstosurfgroms is on

i just came across this post

I wonder if theres a clip or photo of someone doing a big bs air on a really big vert wall. So's that there airing beside the wall. Ive seen frontside ollies like that.  Maybe put a little strip of 1/4 coping to bonk theyre wheels off of.

i don’t want to be on whatever list that is

ill leave your got thread alone now
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #1068 on: May 01, 2019, 06:37:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i just came across this post

Expand Quote
I wonder if theres a clip or photo of someone doing a big bs air on a really big vert wall. So's that there airing beside the wall. Ive seen frontside ollies like that.  Maybe put a little strip of 1/4 coping to bonk theyre wheels off of.
[close]

i don’t want to be on whatever list that is

ill leave your got thread alone now

This quote though..
Ricta make good wheels.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1069 on: May 05, 2019, 07:55:55 PM »
I'm calling it now...

Rhaegal is not dead.

They made it a point to talk about Jon coming back from the dead, so there was something to that.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:59:51 PM by ShoeProblem »

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1070 on: May 05, 2019, 08:09:07 PM »
I'm calling it now...

Rhaegal is not dead.

They made it a point to talk about Jon coming back from the dead, so there was something to that.

No, that dragon is dead. Is there a red witch under the water? Any more Night King around to raise whoever died? No. People keep tossing shit theories into the air hoping it'll stick.

The point of talking about Jon coming back from the dead was a celebration of life after killing the Night King. It also juxtaposed Jon's natural acceptance as a leader to the Northern resistance of Danerys.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:11:56 PM by saucy ragu »

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1071 on: May 05, 2019, 08:22:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm calling it now...

Rhaegal is not dead.

[close]

No, that dragon is dead. Is there a red witch under the water? Any more Night King around to raise whoever died? No. People keep tossing shit theories into the air hoping it'll stick.

The point of talking about Jon coming back from the dead was a celebration of life after killing the Night King. It also juxtaposed Jon's natural acceptance as a leader to the Northern resistance of Danerys.

Look, I just want him to have a friend since he sent his pupper north of the wall. He's gonna need a buddy.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #1072 on: May 05, 2019, 11:28:26 PM »
Leaks are online for the last three episodes and they are pretty fucked/lame, can't really see it as the bittersweet ending that was promised. The leaks were on point for ep. 4.

edit: someone on reddit labeled euron as the GOT Bam Margera and that is so fitting. Dude is causing mayor mud
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:49:09 PM by KoRnholio8 »

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #1073 on: May 06, 2019, 03:28:50 AM »

You were right... I swore that pooch was done for.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1074 on: May 06, 2019, 03:37:07 AM »
I read them and fine...the dragon is not coming back.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1075 on: May 06, 2019, 04:22:05 AM »
I didn't like last nights and not because of the consequences of what happened. Dragons are mythical magical creatures that everyone is in awe of an.... ok sike we only have one now this one took three scorpion bolts to the everything before we noticed there were ships. Dany is the true ruler of Westeros and our Queen and we support her an.... she's crazy Jon Snow is king. Change it all up with two episodes left.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1076 on: May 06, 2019, 06:45:00 AM »
I didn't like last nights and not because of the consequences of what happened. Dragons are mythical magical creatures that everyone is in awe of an.... ok sike we only have one now this one took three scorpion bolts to the everything before we noticed there were ships. Dany is the true ruler of Westeros and our Queen and we support her an.... she's crazy Jon Snow is king. Change it all up with two episodes left.

Yeah, the writing is no longer sowing seeds and layered dialogue to get us to a climax--it's just punching them down at us in the barest and/or most shocking way. Another issue is the amount of deux-ex machinas, especially in episode 3. Melisandre with the fire trench, Beric saving Arya multiple times, Arya killing the Night King at the buzzer. And the opposite of that with Rhaegal taking three impeccably placed bolts from nearly a mile out but then a dozen missing the biggest fucking dragon at point-blank? Come on.

Look, I just want him to have a friend since he sent his pupper north of the wall. He's gonna need a buddy.

A king has no friends. But I'm really upset with how they've push Ghost off to the side. I'm hoping that with Rhaegal's passing, Ghost makes a reappearance to be with & protect Jon.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #1077 on: May 07, 2019, 01:01:33 PM »
Dragons are mythical magical creatures that everyone is in awe of an.... ok sike we only have one now this one took three scorpion bolts to the everything before we noticed there were ships.

Yep. Couldn't believe they fucking hit 3 out of their first 3 sneak attacking...from ships...against dragons who are flying around in the sky. And after they blow their wad into the sky while Dany was charging, they miss 100%, and Dany turns tail instead of just roasting them while they reload.

The main antagonist built up for 8 fucking seasons, hyped as the end of days, is written up as a plot device to just reduce Dany's army by half so that the battle with Cersei is even. This season is a joke.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #1078 on: May 07, 2019, 02:07:20 PM »
I think its way more frustrating how much they're changing dany so drastically with like 3 eps to go, She has been this "just ruler" and now she's being a baby.

That said I think varis is dead cause Tyrion will decide to sell him out. Aaaaand Tyrion is the eventual ruler/winner or w/e.

And wildfire.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #1079 on: May 07, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »
someone on reddit labeled euron as the "Bam Margera" of Westeros and that is so fitting. Dude is causing mayor mud

"I'm Euron Targaryen and this is the Flying Lizard Lance Launch"