Author Topic: Ricky Oyola's Epicly Later'd - June 30th  (Read 143404 times)

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

Re: Ricky Oyola's Epicly Later'd - June 30th
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »
Wasn't Jerry on Think?

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2011, 09:11:25 PM »
Im not gonna front, i liked that little part up there, and i like to skate the same way...but i can do all the shit that was in that video, easy. Nothing special about that dude..Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, I skate the same way and can do that stuff too., I know for a fact that that is nowhere near his best stuff but I just love his style and the way he performs tricks.
Check out this part, even though it's old, it's still super sick.

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2011, 09:15:30 PM »
You guys should try to get on traffic.

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2011, 09:20:02 PM »
You guys should try to get on traffic.
I'm already on, my name is Shaun Williams

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2011, 09:21:08 PM »
tight.

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2011, 09:27:02 PM »
tight.
Yeah...I'm not Shaun Williams I just wanted to see if you'd bash on the dude or something. Lame... I know
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:29:06 PM by gsosa »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »
i think that dude shaun williams did post here back in the day, if i remember correctly he got real defensive about someone on traffic, got abused pretty heavily, then deleted his account.  you sure that isn't really you shaun?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

G.Lewis

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »
When did Ricky and Vox part ways?  News to me.  Bummer, having a shoe was probably bringing at least a little money.

doobers

• Rep: -5
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2011, 10:22:38 AM »
When did Ricky and Vox part ways?  News to me.  Bummer, having a shoe was probably bringing at least a little money.
   Yeah and they were like gloves for your feet.  Most flexible, form-fitting shoe I've ever worn.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2011, 11:18:27 AM »
Soooo veganshawn...

Exile on MainSt.

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »
Sorry guys, still looking for the dvd, I have way to much stuff to look though.

chavala

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2011, 11:46:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
   Yeah and they were like gloves for your feet.  Most flexible, form-fitting shoe I've ever worn.
remember when kareem said he didn't deserve a pro model shoe? he was right.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2011, 11:43:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Remember when Kareem was still putting out video parts?

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2011, 11:47:28 AM »
When did Kareem say that?

chavala

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When did Ricky and Vox part ways??  News to me.?  Bummer, having a shoe was probably bringing at least a little money.
[close]
?  ? Yeah and they were like gloves for your feet.?  Most flexible, form-fitting shoe I've ever worn.
[close]
[close]

Remember when Kareem was still putting out video parts?

yes. great parts throughout his career.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2011, 08:00:03 PM »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2011, 08:19:49 PM »
This is disgusting. I can't watch this shit. This nigga's son really just said ricky oyola is famous. also, o'dell's a faggot and has no place in skateboarding. And if you're black and support ricky oyola, you're a coon.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:24:10 PM by ChildoftheGhetto »

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2011, 08:31:59 PM »
haha

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2011, 09:24:10 PM »
"what i've done in skating and who i am in skating you can imagine how hard it is to say goodbye"     

give me break.

this guy is the opposite of someone who has made a comeback like guy or pete elridge.   it's not that difficult.   shut up and skate or piss off and cry yourself to sleep.    he has the opposite attitude of those guys too.  skateboarding doesn't owe anybody shit.   look at cardiel, he is just stoked and thankful he has got so much from it.  if you think skateboarding owes you anything because of something you claim you did in skateboarding years ago you are delusional.    bummed for his kids though.
where is home?

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »
are you deleting old comments so that you can post new ones without it lookin like you are obsessing?

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2011, 09:38:41 PM »
"what i've done in skating and who i am in skating you can imagine how hard it is to say goodbye"� � �

give me break.

this guy is the opposite of someone who has made a comeback like guy or pete elridge.� �it's not that difficult.� �shut up and skate or piss off and cry yourself to sleep.� � he has the opposite attitude of those guys too.� skateboarding doesn't owe anybody shit.� �look at cardiel, he is just stoked and thankful he has got so much from it.� if you think skateboarding owes you anything because of something you claim you did in skateboarding years ago you are delusional.� � bummed for his kids though.

I agree with this completely.
He did some cool stuff, and I do like Traffic. But it seems that he's always had some false sense of entitlement... going all the way back to Love Park and the stories of what a prick he was to the dudes there who weren't part of his clique.
And he seems to really try and advertise the fact that he speaks his mind, does whatever he wants, blah blah blah. Well thats cool and all, but that's why he's in the situation he's in. I know there are times for all of us at our jobs when we feel like speaking our minds to bosses, coworkers, customers, etc... but we don't because we would lose our jobs. Well skateboarding is.. or was his job and that's probably why it's not going so hot for him. Gotta pick your battles and shit.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2011, 09:55:34 PM »
What's funny is if tony hawk was saying this type of shit, there would be a ton of comments talking about how he's arrogant, and wasn't even the best vert skater or some gay shit. When him talking like that would actually be warranted.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2011, 10:00:37 PM »
Its SLAP, what did you expect?  Besides TONY HAWK IS THE GREATEST SKATEBOARDER EVER, I WOULD BE "TOTALLY COOL" IF HE SWAGGED MY BITCH

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2011, 11:00:24 PM »
  skateboarding doesn't owe anybody shit. 

^ this.

Also his footage in EE2 was way better than his EE3 part I think.  As far as the Kareem comment, Kareem closed an interview by saying something like this "Ricky Oyola do you really deserve a pro model, ask yourself".  Not that Kareem's done shit skating wise since Trilogy, except for the backside flip in that Etnies Skate and Create bullshit.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2011, 11:02:54 PM »
WHERE DA FACK IS EE2 VEGANSHAWN???

Exile on MainSt.

« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2011, 11:34:49 PM »
This is disgusting. I can't watch this shit. This nigga's son really just said ricky oyola is famous. also, o'dell's a faggot and has no place in skateboarding. And if you're black and support ricky oyola, you're a coon.

Classy. Have you tried out for the Lakers yet?

"what i've done in skating and who i am in skating you can imagine how hard it is to say goodbye"    

give me break.

this guy is the opposite of someone who has made a comeback like guy or pete elridge.   it's not that difficult.   shut up and skate or piss off and cry yourself to sleep.    he has the opposite attitude of those guys too.  skateboarding doesn't owe anybody shit.   look at cardiel, he is just stoked and thankful he has got so much from it.  if you think skateboarding owes you anything because of something you claim you did in skateboarding years ago you are delusional.    bummed for his kids though.

I believe the point is that when he is trying to run a company and support a family it becomes just a tad more difficult to "shut up and skate". And really, Oyola isn't "claiming" that he did anything, he actually did it. The guy is reason why Love is what it is and more importantly defined his own unique approach in skateboarding. If you disagree with that or don't understand that, then I kindly suggest you take up a new interest. Really, how many pro's can say that they have truly carved their own path? Magazines, videos, companies, the slap forum, wouldn't exist if there weren't professional skateboarders. Skateboarding SHOULD compensate its innovators, who are putting their hearts in it and have worked hard. How many times on this forum have you read that guys like Ronnie Creager, Karl Watson, and Danny Montoya deserve shoe sponsors? I guess the catch-22 is that if THEY realize they deserve more, they're entitled pussies. The guy has made important contributions to skateboarding, and doesn't get anything for it. Meanwhile so-and-so does a few "hammers" and gets a pro shoe a week later. But, I guess he should just be a grateful little sheep that's "stoked" and sucks the collective dick of skateboarding. Then we'd love him and say that he would fit well on Adidas.
By the way, loved the episode, felt like it was 30 seconds instead of 10 minutes.

G.Lewis

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2011, 12:44:31 AM »
Well said.  Mr. Oyola's skateboard stylings have always provided me with maximum stoke.  I wish him the best. 

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2011, 12:49:36 AM »
those were the first 10 minutes, wait for the other episodes then judge. but i did think he came off kinda... negative too, but he said so himself in the beginning.

basedhead

• Rep: -3
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2011, 02:40:55 AM »
cool