Author Topic: Thread of random advice  (Read 7022 times)

Sick_McCrank_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -482
Re: Thread of random advice
« Reply #180 on: April 08, 2024, 09:27:20 AM »
Don’t shit where you eat.

Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Crust

• Rep: 41
« Reply #181 on: April 08, 2024, 09:41:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you live in an apartment complex don't meet or hangout with neighbors, less people who are in your business the happier you'll be.
[close]

This also applies to work in some cases. Be careful about who you share your personal business with, even if it’s your friends or family. If somebody is always talking about someone else, it’s likely they’re talking about you too.
[close]

Totally agree. Some colleagues can be very gossipy and two-faced. Thread carefully with what you share about yourself, and take your time getting to know fellow workers.
[close]

I can NOT agree more.
[close]

Additionally, be careful taking a job where a friend already works. Ethics/beliefs can clash, expectations, etc. last job i had was in a place where someone i truly enjoyed was a long time employee. After a few months i really learned what and out of touch, entitled, racist piece of work they were. Couldnt stay at the job or keep that relationship

Is that more of an issue with them not being a very good friend/person in the first place?

I have worked with friends and had no issues in work or outside as they were decent people before, during and after the period of being colleagues entered our lives.

Maybe the working environment accelerates revealing people's characters faster than just enjoyable friend activities.

Then again, I guess it's nicer not to have been close with them when learning this and easier to be able to keep them at an arm's length otherwise.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 611
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2024, 10:56:37 AM »
Only say hello to your neighbors. Maybe a bit small talk here and there. But don't become friends with them. Worst case, you learn more about them and realize they are idiots and now you see them all the time and they want to tell you about their problems.
IG: @flowterspace

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2024, 11:55:41 AM »
Only say hello to your neighbors. Maybe a bit small talk here and there. But don't become friends with them. Worst case, you learn more about them and realize they are idiots and now you see them all the time and they want to tell you about their problems.
I hear what you're saying, I had this same sentiment for a while, but people are very very very much intrusive want to gossip bs about shit that has nothing to do with you and next thing they're asking for shit and it's just an issue I'd rather not deal with ever. Keep that energy away and outside the door.
Dueces Bitch's

Doodily

• Rep: 4
« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2024, 06:28:21 PM »
If you do peyote, tie your shoes on really tight. That way you can't easily take your pants off during the trip and end up running down the street naked.

Well that’s…. oddly specific.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2024, 07:04:36 PM »

recently learned that I didn’t know the difference between “nice” and “kind”.  don’t be nice, be kind instead.

nice is asking them about their day when u don’t give a shit. kind is shoveling their sidewalk cause they’re old

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #186 on: April 10, 2024, 07:18:22 PM »
If you have an asshole in your life you have to deal with on a day to day basis who is passive agressive or acts like an asshole but not enough to call them out, play stupid and kill them with kindness. Act like you don't even notice that they are upset with you. Eventually they will cross a line and that's when it's time to keep it real. They are always so blown away that a nice person is cutting them down and calling them out, they never expect it. You always look good in the end for being a professional and others will be much more sympathetic when you go off. That is literally one of the best tools in life if that person is someone like a co-worker who you don't really have to deal with outside of work.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 08:54:37 PM by 50mm »

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #187 on: April 10, 2024, 08:46:21 PM »
If you have an asshole in your life you have to deal with on a day to day basis who is passive agressive or acts like an asshole but not enough to call them out, play stupid and kill them with kindness. Act like you don't even notice that they are upset with you. Eventually they will cross a line and that's when it's time to keep it real. They are always so blown away that a nice person is cutting them down and calling them out, they never expect it. You always look good in the end for being a professional and you others will be much more sympathetic when you go off. That is literally one of the best tools in life if that person is someone like a co-worker who you don't really have to deal with outside of work.

That’s good advice.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 48
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2024, 09:18:47 AM »
Expand Quote
If you have an asshole in your life you have to deal with on a day to day basis who is passive agressive or acts like an asshole but not enough to call them out, play stupid and kill them with kindness. Act like you don't even notice that they are upset with you. Eventually they will cross a line and that's when it's time to keep it real. They are always so blown away that a nice person is cutting them down and calling them out, they never expect it. You always look good in the end for being a professional and you others will be much more sympathetic when you go off. That is literally one of the best tools in life if that person is someone like a co-worker who you don't really have to deal with outside of work.
[close]

That’s good advice.
Very good advice. To add to it, sometimes the best thing you can do is to say nothing at all and let someone talk. Let them fill the silence and most of the time, you'll get the info/answer you're looking for.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2024, 11:50:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s good advice.
[close]
Very good advice. To add to it, sometimes the best thing you can do is to say nothing at all and let someone talk. Let them fill the silence and most of the time, you'll get the info/answer you're looking for.
Great addition. I also use that when someone is talking out of their ass. Let their words hang in the air and give them time to think about what they just said.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -30
« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2024, 12:13:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s good advice.
[close]

Good advice.

Kind of makes me laugh because reading both posts makes me feel you might be a detective or something. Ha ha!

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 48
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2024, 12:36:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s good advice.
[close]
[close]

Good advice.

Kind of makes me laugh because reading both posts makes me feel you might be a detective or something. Ha ha!
It actually kind of stems from detective tactics. I run a pawn shop and deal with the police pretty regularly, whether I want to or not, and that's some advice I was given by the detective who did the investigation for our break-in back in September. Literally the only good thing I've ever heard from a pig's mouth.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -482
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2024, 12:55:17 PM »
what would Jesus do?

Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2024, 01:14:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s good advice.
[close]
[close]

Good advice.

[close]
It actually kind of stems from detective tactics. I run a pawn shop and deal with the police pretty regularly, whether I want to or not, and that's some advice I was given by the detective who did the investigation for our break-in back in September. Literally the only good thing I've ever heard from a pig's mouth.
lol. Sorry I meant if someone says something shitty I won’t say anything. I’ll let it hang so that they get to reflect on the shitty thing they said.

Not a detective though that would be pretty dope. I get hypervigilant towards people that give me or others a hard time and I decide how I’m going to handle them almost immediately. I think it comes from just a long history of dealing with other peoples problems longer than I should and at this point I have zero patience for it. I know that I never act like an asshole to people unless they had it coming so if someone is doing it to me I know something is off. There’s no reason for people to take out their own issues on others.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2024, 03:49:21 AM »
Im trying to make myself attractive to musical instrument blands

I was wondering if Pals could help me brain Storm up a potential check list of actions that might get me there.

Wanna help me get on? I'll share 29% of me plunder with pals who needs extra instrument parts. Pinky frickin promise.

Come dream with me?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TerryFunk

• Rep: 10
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2024, 05:31:13 PM »
From multiple experiences, if someone tells you their whole life story within 5 minutes of meeting them, it’s probably a good decision not to trust them with anything serious

mrrobot1994

• Rep: 3
« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2024, 08:55:44 PM »
Knowing when to give up is just as important as never giving up.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #197 on: Today at 05:21:31 AM »
Im trying to make myself attractive to musical instrument blands

I was wondering if Pals could help me brain Storm up a potential check list of actions that might get me there.

Wanna help me get on? I'll share 29% of me plunder with pals who needs extra instrument parts. Pinky frickin promise.

Come dream with me?

are you looking for a band name?  always thought The Wick Dippers would be dope.  been holding on to that one for a while now